Why is it against the law to buy Fireworks in PA?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
I have a friend who lives in PA and she wants to buy fireworks for the fourth of july.The only promblem is that people who live in PA can't buy any.
It is against the law there.Anyone know why it is?Sounds like a stupid law to me.Any suggustions how she can get some without having to leave the state?jm

PiruBlood
i wouldnt know im from chicago.

Schecter
its NOT against the law to buy fireworks in PA.
its against the law for PA residents to buy fireworks in PA.

...its a silly law.

i live in jersey and cannot legally purchase or use fireworks here. however along the NJ/PA boarder, on the pennsylvania side there are fireworks stores. in order to buy fireworks, you have to show ID to not only prove your age, but also to prove that you are not from PA.

so, its legal to sell fireworks in PA, so long as they are not sold to PA residents.
these particular stores on the NJ/PA boarder are unmistakably meant for people who live in or drive through NJ. however when crossing the state line to jersey, your right to even drive with fireworks in your car disappears.

so theoretically these stores should do zero business

:edit: so my suggestion is to find someone who is NOT a resident of PA, and get them to buy fireworks at one of these stores. the ones i know of are along route 80 at the border, though i havent been around there in over 5 years.

Devil King
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Why is it against the law to buy Fireworks in PA?

Because it says, clearly, on the label: "Not for use by children under 10 or adults who think like them."

Bardock42
Some Christians probably thought that fireworks are a heathen tradition and banned it because it is clearly agaisnt God. You should agree, JM

botankus
That doesn't make any sense.

Here in NC, we can't buy the bottle rocket-type, only the lame-ass sparklers. We have to go to SC to get the good stuff. That's why there are monstrous, five-story firework towers right on the border between the two.

debbiejo
In Michigan we can't buy certain kinds of fireworks, so we drive down to Ohio and Indiana...

Can't stop us.. cool beer

botankus
I go to Florida for my bazookas.

debbiejo
You can get anything in Florida. I think I'll move there.

botankus
Yeah, you really can. To all those who think anything you can get in Florida you can get in New York, I doubt you could get free skin cancer in the Big Apple.

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Yeah, you really can. To all those who think anything you can get in Florida you can get in New York, I doubt you could get free skin cancer in the Big Apple. All the quacks live there too. Easy licensing.

botankus
Can't beat those drive-through liquor stores.

debbiejo
And drive thru face lifts. eek!

Naz
I can get fireworks at K-Mart happy

ragesRemorse
who cares, waste of money and time

debbiejo
I bet you're boring in real life.. confused

j/k

PITT_HAPPENS
I have a friend who lives in PA and she wants to buy fireworks for the fourth of july.The only promblem is that people who live in PA can't buy any.
It is against the law there.Anyone know why it is?Sounds like a stupid law to me.Any suggustions how she can get some without having to leave the state?jm It is called a fire hazard, many states have this law.

dadudemon
Originally posted by botankus
I go to Florida for my bazookas.

How come no one noticed this perfect and golden post?

Robtard
Irrelevant, but as a kid in S. America in the 70's, the vendors would sell my brothers M100's (the equivalent of). We used to quite literally blow shit up. Fond memories.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Irrelevant, but as a kid in S. America in the 70's, the vendors would sell my brothers M100's. We used to quite literally blow shit up. Fond memories.

When you say "quite literally"...you guys actually put M100's in some poop and lit the fuse and made yucky stanky poopoo splooge everywhere?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
When you say "quite literally"...you guys actually put M100's in some poop and lit the fuse and made yucky stanky poopoo splooge everywhere?

BINGO....

Back in the 70's, the small time local vendors like the 'knife sharpener', 'chimney sweep' etc. would still use horse-and-cart to peddle their wares, so there would be humongous piles of horse shit on the roads from time to time. My brothers would stick in an M100, light it and we'd run our asses off; hide under the doorway arches and watch the shit fly past us. Good times.

P.S. No, we never got hit with friendly fire, we were fast little bastards.

dadudemon
BINGO....

Back in the 70's, the small time local vendors like the 'knife sharpener', 'chimney sweep' etc. would still use horse-and-cart to peddle their wares, so there would be humongous piles of horse shit on the roads from time to time. My brothers would stick in an M100, light it and we'd run our asses off; hide under the doorway arches and watch the shit fly past us. Good times.

P.S. No, we never got hit with friendly fire, we were fast little bastards.

rolling on floor laughing Rawfle rawfle rawfle...hilarious...especially this part.

"hide under the doorway arches and watch the shit fly past us."

that is teh funniez!!! I laughed so hard I cried a little bit bawling

ADarksideJedi
I can understand the danger.But still unfair.I think she is going to try to it get another way in this state.Anyway thanks for your posts!jm

GCG
It is against the law there.Anyone know why it is?Sounds like a stupid law to me.Any suggustions how she can get some without having to leave the state?jm

Clour me dumb, but, ..........

where is PA??

debbiejo
Pennsylvania is on the eastern part of the US and more north.

GCG
Thanks DB.

Perhaps PA has had a past marred by tragic pyrotechics consequences???

Schecter
sure, i answer the thread with the truth in its multi-layered irony and no thanks for me

ADarksideJedi
Not that I know of.jm

botankus
Originally posted by Schecter
sure, i answer the thread with the truth in its multi-layered irony and no thanks for me
I mean, really. The thread really should have ended there and instead we got, "Uh...maybe it's...uh...because Jesus Freaks and Homosexuals blew exhaust pipes out of their asses?"

~Flamboyant~
Why not just get a permit?

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter

Well, hopefully you learned something from the experience, otherwise, it'd be a total waste.

Schecter
naaa why would i learn when clearly im a glutton for punishment?

Quiero Mota
Its illegal in AZ too porque the threat of brush fires is always high.

WrathfulDwarf
Same in California...depends on the area and cities.

chillmeistergen
Can you buy guns in this place? If so, it seems pretty weird that you can't buy measly fireworks.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Can you buy guns in this place? If so, it seems pretty weird that you can't buy measly fireworks.

yeah, you can buy shotguns at any walmart in PA as long as your 18, but fireworks are dangerous

ADarksideJedi
No worrys she got some fireworks from a friend of hers.Going to go see it blast off on the fouth of july.Can't wait!jm

Fishy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, you can buy shotguns at any walmart in PA as long as your 18, but fireworks are dangerous

Well duh, you might hurt somebody with fireworks...

botankus
It's always some damn 5-year old kid every year stuffing a M-90 down his pants that ruins everybody's fun.

debbiejo
People can get by without body parts. What's the big deal?

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
People can get by without body parts. What's the big deal?
I agree. See, you're missing a unit and you get along just fine.

ADarksideJedi
Yea those tv commerals with the fireworks warning will make kids want to play with them even m ore.So why have them?jm

§P0oONY

ADarksideJedi
Editing what?jm

Fishy
Yea those tv commerals with the fireworks warning will make kids want to play with them even m ore.So why have them?jm

Should we just ban movies with guns too? I mean kids will see that and want to use guns too...

dadudemon

Fishy

ADarksideJedi
Who are you talking a bout?jm

smoker4

Take a wild guess!

Fishy

Sex, cookies and the combination thereof.

debbiejo
Girl Scouts?

~Flamboyant~
Again. It isn't against the law if you have a federal permit. They aren't that hard to get.

chillmeistergen
Why on earth should people need a federal permit, to buy something that makes pretty colours in the sky? It's irrelevant how easy a permit is to get, you still need one; which is the point. It's idiotic.

debbiejo
Because stupid people like to point them at each other.

chillmeistergen
Like stupid people like to do with guns? In fact, like guns are designed to be used for?

debbiejo
Making pretty colors?

Quiero Mota
Like stupid people like to do with guns? In fact, like guns are designed to be used for?

Oh great, now you're gonna turn this into a "Stupid Americans have too many guns" discussion.

chillmeistergen
Nah, a lot of places have too many guns. I don't know of anywhere else however, that you could legally buy a gun, but not fireworks.

debbiejo
Because children handle fireworks.

Though I'd love to be able to buy them all.

chillmeistergen
Well, quite a lot of the time, children handle guns as well.

debbiejo
They're not as drawn to guns as they would be to pick up fireworks though. And holidays are generally filled with people focusing on the festivities and drinking, and children can sometimes be unsupervised.

chillmeistergen
So now the law has to take part in parental responsibility? There's an age limit on purchasing fireworks, that should be all there is.

Children are drawn to a lot of things, should we ban pills that resemble sweets?

debbiejo
I believe they stopped making candy that looked like cigerettes.

chillmeistergen
Oh right, thanks for that entirely irrelevant point.

debbiejo
Any time.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by debbiejo
I believe they stopped making candy that looked like cigerettes.

Really?Those things are good!jm smile

debbiejo
hahahaha........Yeah, we have no more. sad They had fake fire on them and everything..

~Flamboyant~
Why on earth should people need a federal permit, to buy something that makes pretty colours in the sky? It's irrelevant how easy a permit is to get, you still need one; which is the point. It's idiotic.
That's irrelevant whether or not they should be regulated. They are in fact regulated, and getting a permit for fireworks isn't much of a hassle, which was my point.

Personally, I hate the bureau that's regulating them (BATFE) because they classify Ammonium Perchlorate Composite Propellant as an explosive, and one is required to have a federal Low Explosive Users Permit (LEUP) to operate >62.5 grams of it. A LEUP is much harder to obtain than a simple fireworks permit. When in fact this substance in the composite propellant form is not actually a low explosive.

The reason I resent this is because this is what I use for feul in my hobby of High Power Rocketry, and this regulation is destroying this hobby which, might I add has a flawless safety record.

ADarksideJedi
They were good.Stupid goverment taking everything away from us.The laws are getting worst!Happy Fourth of July to everyone btw!jm

Bardock42
They were good.Stupid goverment taking everything away from us.The laws are getting worst!Happy Fourth of July to everyone btw!jm

Yeah, like abortionf for example.

ADarksideJedi
Yea like abortions.Got to go.jm

~JP~

Because the simple fact remains that there are idiots who burn down feilds and buildings yearly as well as blowing off their own fingers etc. Stupid people + fireworks = stupid laws.

chillmeistergen
I can't see the logic in fireworks being illegal, and guns being perfectly legal though.

2D_MASTER

Maybe it's just that nobody will sell your friend fireworks in PA. Maybe they know that she'd just go out and hurt herself.

Robtard
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Maybe it's just that nobody will sell your friend fireworks in PA. Maybe they know that she'd just go out and hurt herself.

Your online angle of being "the dick" needs work... you're not nearly as mean or scathing as you should be.

2D_MASTER
Your online angle of being "the dick" needs work... you're not nearly as mean or scathing as you should be.

Awwwwww, but...but... I need your approval, you're the maestro. I won't give up.

Robtard
Awwwwww, but...but... I need your approval, you're the maestro. I won't give up.

Not telling you to "give up", just informing you that you're failing and it's noticeable. You want to be the razor-tongued witty @sshole, who comes in a message board and tears everyone apart... just isn't happening, you lack the talent; no one really cares, your insults are at best, mediocre.

Oh, that's the 2nd or 3rd time you've used the "I need your approval" sarcasm bit. See what I mean? New material is needed, if you want to be that guy.

2D_MASTER
Not telling you to "give up", just informing you that you're failing and it's noticeable. You want to be the razor-tongued witty @sshole, who comes in a message board and tears everyone apart... just isn't happening, you lack the talent; no one really cares, your insults are at best, mediocre.

Oh yessssss, I want to be "the razor-tongued witty @sshole" you got me, you're much to good. Oh yeah and me and "PONG_MASTER" are one in the same, you're amazing. You're really good at reading people, tell me how you do it !

Robtard
Oh yessssss, I want to be "the razor-tongued witty @sshole" you got me, you're much to good. Oh yeah and me and "PONG_MASTER" are one in the same, you're amazing. You're really good at reading people, tell me how you do it !

You suck at sarcasm... same shitty spiel, over and over. I'd like to take the credit, but your angle is utterly obvious, every post, you try to insult or belittle people.

If I am wrong, and that's not your angle, then why are all your post basically the same, even to people you've never posted to before?

2D_MASTER
You suck at sarcasm... same shitty spiel, over and over. I'd like to take the credit, but your angle is utterly obvious, every post, you try to insult or belittle people.

If I am wrong, and that's not your angle, then why are all your post basically the same, even to people you've never posted to before?

Like I said, you're the maestro, not everybody can be great like you.

Robtard
Like I said, you're the maestro, not everybody can be great like you.

Would you please answer the question?

2D_MASTER
Would you please answer the question?

Hahahaha, "please", don't tell me you're taking this seriously. No, I didn't think so.

Robtard
Hahahaha, "please", don't tell me you're taking this seriously. No, I didn't think so.

Too bad, but I expected as much.

2D_MASTER
Too bad, but I expected as much.

Well you know, I'm easy to predict, my "material" is redundant. Next time go insult somebody as deep and complex as yourself.

Robtard
Well you know, I'm easy to predict, my "material" is redundant. Next time go insult somebody as deep and complex as yourself.

True, but you already have/did, so WTF are you talking about?

2D_MASTER
True, but you already have/did, so WTF are you talking about?

Strange, I have no idea what you're typing about either.

Robtard
Dumb.

2D_MASTER
Dumb.

Oh, now you really hurt me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.