Metroid Prime: Avalon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ESB -1138
transmission: 0B-1138-A2Z
"We held as long as possible. They came so quickly; so great in number. They were led by a great winged demon...we do not know who or what it is. They are pirates...for that we are sure of. They seek the four crystals of Avalon from our understanding. We managed to hide one of the crystals in a near by system. We are few in number now. Wait, their breaking through! There's so many of them! Wait...AHHHHHH!!!
transmission ended...

The time of peace has ended. The Galactic Federation is facing a powerful foe seaking the crystals of Avalon. Legend speaks of these crystals as being the greatest power in the universe. Word has quickly spread of this. It seems the hunt for the crystals have begun...

Metroid Prime: Avalon

A once-beautiful planet home to Alimbic Elders, the planet's core exploded and all of the surface was drenched with lava. Most of its surface is covered with lava, with cities dotted around it. This planet houses the Alimbic Cannon (not an actual weapon, it opens the alternate dimension holding the Oubliette) and the Magmaul.

A small fighter lands on the planet's surface as a shadowy figure emerges from the ship. It look around and transforms into a strange small crab like form and runs off.

The big EH
alright THX this sounds interesting i'll join

Thunder Fox
a orange hunter ship landed on the planet on the safest spot that could be found could located... as the ship landed and hovered above the ground a figure emerged from the ship in an orange battle suit she put her hand to her helmet and started sannin the area

ESB -1138
Above where the ship landed on a small ledge stood Trace. Armed with a powerful sniper the bounty hunter knew that whoever would land on Alinos must be seeking the crystals of Avalon. Trace wanted the powerful for himself and only himself.

MadMel
the battleship, 'greatspike circled the planet alinos, and the ships captain smirked.."wonderful" he said with a very heavy accent, and let his ship descend right next to a great cliff..the ships camouflage circuit activate and a spiked dialanche shot out, over the edge of the cliff..the bounty hunter, spire, angled himself towards the cliff wall and his spikes suddenly caught, inches away from the red hot lava..spire suddenly transformed back into his diamont form and leaped from the wall, landing on the other side of the river, where he transformed back and rolled onwards..

ESB -1138
Trace went into camouflage and placed a small device onto the ground in order to gather the needed information on the where abouts of the first crystal. Trace had to work fast for the Space Pirates would arrive within the hour in search of the crystals. Trace's ship was attacked on the way by Space Pirates led by Ridley. Trace managed to lose them only because of an asteroid field that forced Ridley and the Space Pirates off the chase.

Thunder Fox
Samus had cloaked her ship so noone could finded it and started seaching for the crystals the federations orders were to gather the items sono one else could mis use the powers

ESB -1138
Trace knew he had to act fast to stop this bounty hunter for any competition makes his harder. He quickly transformed into Triskelion and moved at high speeds on the ground approaching Samus from behind. Positioning himself perfectly for a strike Trace lept to attack Samus with his triple claws.

MadMel
as spire stood up and scanned the area around him, he spotted a krikcen just before he turned invisible, and the human, samus, was walking blindly into the trap..the diamont grinned..while these two fought, he could get the crystal for himself, and finally be uncover the mystery of his race..the rivers seemed a best bet, so spire curled once more into a ball and used the titanium battering rams to launch himself off the ground and into the larva lake..with his solid rock form, he could easily withstand the temperatures

Thunder Fox
Trace knew he had to act fast to stop this bounty hunter for any competition makes his harder. He quickly transformed into Triskelion and moved at high speeds on the ground approaching Samus from behind. Positioning himself perfectly for a strike Trace lept to attack Samus with his triple claws. she noticed him at the last second and turned to a morph ball and used boost ball to get behind the attacker and turned back her gun chargedaiming her missle seeker on him targeting him 5 times ready to fire

ESB -1138
Trace landed and turned back to normal turning to see Samus preparing to fire. Trace vanished without a trace (couldn't resist). Trace knows that when his camo activated Samus would be shooting blindly giving him the chance to strike.

Thunder Fox
she looked around and put her hand to her visor and it switched to thermal mode and pinpointed him and fired the 5 missiles at him and sharged her powerbeam

ESB -1138
Trace reacted quickly the moment Samus fired the missiles. Trace was capable of taking out two missiles with his own but was unable to stop the other three. Trace's armor was badly wounded from the shots of the three missiles causing a rise of smoke around him. Using this time he activated his favorite weapon; the Imperialist, a powerful sniper rifle.

Quickly Trace fired the Imperialist at Samus's right arm where her blaster is located at.

Thunder Fox
Trace reacted quickly the moment Samus fired the missiles. Trace was capable of taking out two missiles with his own but was unable to stop the other three. Trace's armor was badly wounded from the shots of the three missiles causing a rise of smoke around him. Using this time he activated his favorite weapon; the Imperialist, a powerful sniper rifle.

Quickly Trace fired the Imperialist at Samus's right arm where her blaster is located at. Samus was taken off gaurd and her weapon got hit and most ofer her weapons went off line and useless she cursed and took off in a hurry needing to think of a stratagy she used screw attack and was out of site in seconds

ESB -1138
Trace watched Samus retreat and thought of her as a coward. Trace's armor was badly damaged from the missiles and knew that he would have to repair it before continuing his mission for the crystals. Trace turned around to see that he is face to face to Ridley with several space pirates behind him.

"I have had quite a bit of trouble with you bounty hunter." Ridley uttered looking down on Trace.

"Ridley, I'm surprised to see you here." Trace replied. "Normally you would be hiding away and having your little space pirates do all your work."

"You have some mouth. But no matter. Kill him." Ridley responded and four of the space pirates revealed long blades and powerful blasters as they slowly approached Trace. Trace activated the Imperialist again and pointed it at one of the space pirates while slowly backing up. Ridley flew up into the sky with aerial space pirates to get a bird's eye view of the surface.

Trace backed up to the edge of a cliff with a river of lava down below and small rocks that could be stood on. The space pirates cornered Trace. Two of them charged but Trace jumped over and landed on a small rock that turned out to be moving down the river. The space pirates followed.

Thunder Fox
Samus' alrm went off detecting ridleyand pirates she returned to carefully to see ridly and pirates there she glared but cause of that damn person from before she only had power beam and misslelauncer working at the moment

MadMel
Trace watched Samus retreat and thought of her as a coward. Trace's armor was badly damaged from the missiles and knew that he would have to repair it before continuing his mission for the crystals. Trace turned around to see that he is face to face to Ridley with several space pirates behind him.

"I have had quite a bit of trouble with you bounty hunter." Ridley uttered looking down on Trace.

"Ridley, I'm surprised to see you here." Trace replied. "Normally you would be hiding away and having your little space pirates do all your work."

"You have some mouth. But no matter. Kill him." Ridley responded and four of the space pirates revealed long blades and powerful blasters as they slowly approached Trace. Trace activated the Imperialist again and pointed it at one of the space pirates while slowly backing up. Ridley flew up into the sky with aerial space pirates to get a bird's eye view of the surface.

Trace backed up to the edge of a cliff with a river of lava down below and small rocks that could be stood on. The space pirates cornered Trace. Two of them charged but Trace jumped over and landed on a small rock that turned out to be moving down the river. The space pirates followed.
next to the small rock was spire curled up..when trace landed he flipped up, knocking trace onto another rock..spire turned around and saw the space pirates landing, and preparing to jump again..spire jumped up, turned into his dialanche form and body slammed a pirate, sending them both into the larva river..spire kept the pirate underneath until it burned, then he leaped back up, pulled out his magmaul and fired 3 shots at the other pirates..

ESB -1138
Trace managed to regain balance after Spire knocked him off. Trace saw this as the time to take down two opponents at once. A space pirate lept at Trace with blades out. Trace docked causing the pirate to fly above head and land behind him. Trace kicked the pirate from behind throwing it into the lava. Trace used the Imperialist and shot it at Spire's torso.

MadMel
spire roared with sheer agony, then swiped another pirate, at the same time charging the magamul..he fired his shot at the trace, but only managed to hit him on his gun arm..the rest of the packed magma swatted a pirate who was attempting to climb out..
"the crystal is mine!" he shouted with a hardly recognizable accent, then leaped off the rock he was on, turned back into a dialanche and started climbing the wall of the cliff..

ESB -1138
Trace still damaged from Samus and now Spire went into camo to pull back for now until he can repair the damages and start the search for the crystals once again.

ESB -1138
((So is this dead?))

Thunder Fox
(dunno

MadMel
(we could have had more people playing to start with
bloody deserters mad )

Phenoix12
????:"This is the Place, now all I have to do is find it"

ESB -1138
Originally posted by MadMel
(we could have had more people playing to start with
bloody deserters mad )

(REVIVE METROID!!!)

ESB -1138
(Hmm.....so no one wants to revive Metroid? This cannot be true! I MUST TRY HARDER!!!)

ESB -1138
(Still not giving up. We can't let the Space Pirates win!)

MadMel
((sure we can erm
give samus a break for a change
maybe they all just want quarters for their laundry laughing ))

ESB -1138
((?? Wha ?? Anywho, come one and come all to the Metroid RPG!))

ESB -1138
((Maybe if I give everyone the story they'll jump onboard))

In an unknown part of the galaxy a ship was discovered. Onboard this ship was the location to Avalon where the greatest power in the universe is held. The Galactic Federation tried to keep the ship hidden but the Space Pirates led by Ridley quickly attacked and learned the location of Avalon. Now the Federation has sent their greatest Hunters including Samus Aran to try to track down the Space Pirates and find the location to Avalon before they can get the ultimate power.

ESB -1138
(Hello? Anyone for Metroid? No...I'm must find support!)

MadMel
((sorry, kinda caught up...exams coming soon))

C. C. Cowgirl
Nusa had a peak around the station Zeta. It was quiet and it was empty. A perfect place to assemble a group of bounty hunters for an important mission. Not that she would need them. She worked best as solo and with her dear Danny behind the wheel.

She rubbed her butt a little, as it was still sore from the mission one week back. The crash she did just by the ventilation system sure left a mark, and paindampening drugs did not do the thing much better. She just wanted to get done with this meeting and be on her way. She needed to clear her thoughts. Maybe someone to talk to. She shrugged as she walked into the hall where they were supposed to meet.

She smiled and sat down on a half-wrecked chair. Her butt hurted from the mission and she decided to stand instead. Quietly, she stood with a great smile and waited for things to start rolling. She was excited about who would come to the meeting. She maybe would get to meet all the other hunters from all trough the galaxy.

She put her hand against her ear and activated com-link.

"Danny! I am inside and waiting. If you are wrong and this is not the destination, I will smack you silly when I get back to the ship"

"It is there, dear! Trust me! Patience! I was kind enough to look up the word patient for you because I know you have no idea the word exists:

The capacity of enduring hardship or inconvenience of time without complaint"

Nusa frowned and shook her head.

"You are doomed to a beating, mister!"

ESB -1138
A ship landed in docking bay 7 of the Zeta Station. Out of it came Sylux. The being looked around scanning the area. Something caught Sylux's attention when it became clear that someone was already roaming the halls. Considering the Space Pirates just attacked two days earlier Sylux believed it must be a pirate left behind during the raid. Sylux walked the halls of the Zeta Station looming around the corners approaching the target.

He came to a large door and due to his radar learned that the target was in the room. Sylux found the controls for the door and opened them. Inside was Nusa. Sylux entered the room calm and relaxed not even knowing what she was doing here. Sylux scanned her biosigns to gather what data he could collect from her to make sure she wouldn't be a threat to him.

C. C. Cowgirl
Nusa calmly turned around. She trusted that Danny would inform her of any hostile movements and therefore she did not suspect this man to be of any threat. She instead smiled and waved at him. He seemed to be checking her out, possibly because he did not trust her. She did not mind that, as she had nothing to hide in any way. Her energy was positive and she had no ranged weapons.

"Hello there, sir? I am Nusa Terran and it is a pleasure to meet whoever you are. I believe we might be working together soon. It will be fun"

ESB -1138
"You'll just get in my way," Sylux replied. He was a loner who wanted nothing more than to fight a worthy opponent. Sylux wanted to find Avalon knowing that the strongest beings in the universe would venture there in hopes of finding this power. Sylux wasn't going to risk anything and knew one thing; everyone can betray you.

C. C. Cowgirl
"Trust me, big one! You will not even notice me"

She smiled and patted the man on the shoulder. She was right with what she said. Her whole strategy was based upon coming in unnoticed and swiftly end the mission. Like it was last week, she were supposed to be in and out in less than 3 minutes, and the building was huge. With speed and stealth it was about what it would take.

Unfortunatly it delayed and she was in there for 15 minutes. God was Danny pissed at her when she got out. She looked up at Sylux and smiled.

"What is your name?"

ESB -1138
Sylux remained quiet not because of Nusa but because he received a signal from his ship's radar indicating a rather large target circling the station. Sylux turned to see a large object fly pass the wind. It was nothing more than a blur it moved so quickly. Sylux activated his Shock Coil. It became quiet.

C. C. Cowgirl
"Chill our, buddy! If you are any good we are both out of danger!"

Nusa smiled and looked at Sylux who seemed quite easily frighted. She shook her head and patted him on the shoulder. She was kind of curious what it was that had passed above them but decided not to call Danny in for it. Instead she pulled the chair back and sat down again.

ESB -1138
The northern door of the room opened and in came six GF marines followed by Admiral Dane. He stepped in and looked at Nusa and Sylux and said, "Greetings. I am Admiral Dane, state your names so we can continue."

Sylux did not move but uttered, "Sylux."

C. C. Cowgirl
"Oh! You can tell some complete stranger with gun and troops your name, but you entirely ignores me who asks kindly?"

Nusa looked at Sylux for a moment and then looks in the opposite direction with her arms crossed over her chest. She then gives out a sigh and rolls her eyes before turning in the admiral's direction. She stands up from the chair and pushes it back in under the table.

"Nusa Terran, sir" She said with a soft and gentle voice.

MadMel
spire walks into the group, having just landed on the zeta station..he had been exploring the place when he picks up life on his sensors, and immediatly went to investigate..."what kesa dia situation deto?" he asks. he had a horrible sounding voice, and the translator in his helmet needed to be fixed..

ESB -1138
"Well as you know this is the Zeta Station," Dane started. "The Space Pirates attacked this place because this is where the location to Avalon was held. The location was written in an unknown language and we were translating it when those blasted scum attacked. They copied the data of Avalon and planted a virus in the system whipping out all information kept here in Avalon."

"So what do you want us to do?" Sylux asked. Sylux looked over at Spire; the two met before in battle that ended in a stalemate.

"We have located the whereabouts of the Space Pirates," Dane answered. "It would be foolish to send a full scale invasion because the pirates would just retreat with the info or destroy it. The Pirates have pulled to Alinos; A once-beautiful planet home to Alimbic Elders, the planet's core exploded and all of the surface was drenched with lava. Most of its surface is covered with lava making it the perfect fortress for the Space Pirates."

"Sounds more like you don't want to risk losing any Federation lives so you send us down," Sylux replied.

"Even if that was the case...I doubt you'll resist such a challenge." Dane responded starring down Sylux.

MadMel
spire stared at sylux throughout the whole briefing, until the word "lava" was mentioned. then he focused his whole attention on dane.."larven diasten do, what kind of - " spire gave up on his faulty translator and crossed to a computer console..he opened a star chart and selected "Alinos"..a picture of a perfect (in spire's mind) looking planet, covered in lava, volcanoes and mountains."this..bein..place?" he managed, looking at dane.."...beautiful"

C. C. Cowgirl
"Attacking a base is my specialty! Give me the schematics and I will give you what you need"

Nusa smiled, as she looked at the man. She was clearly not the modest time and she knew that she was a very capable assaulter. All she needed was detailed schematics and the deal would be done. Stealth and speed was the best side of all her abilities. Her way of work was dangerous to herself, but effective. Basicly, her strategy was based at striking by speed and surprise.

She smiled and turned to Spire. She hailed him with a smile on her face.

"Nusa Terran, a pleasure to meet you"

MadMel
"haisin nafo...damn this blarg" spire grunted, slapping his helmet...not that it accomplished anything..

C. C. Cowgirl
Nusa pondered Spire and his mumbling. She had on idea what to think of what he said but decided to make the best out of the situation. She walked up next to him and put her arm around him, hitting him gently with her right fist in the arm and a smile on her face. He, like all the others in the room was quite much taller than Nusa.

"A pleasure meeting you, Haisin"

ESB -1138
"We have no information regarded the lay out of the Pirate's base on Alinos. You'll have to go into the unknown," Dane said. "Now you'll all be paid for your service...that is if you make it back alive. If you have no further questions you can head out."

Sylux didn't delay a second before leaving the room to make his way back to his ship waiting for him back at docking bay 7.

MadMel
spire glared at sylux as he went, then looked at the girl "my.....name....spire" he managed, before turning to dane.."re...pairs?" he asked, pointing at his tranlator..
((forgot, spire doesnt have an armored suit laughing out loud ))

ESB -1138
Sylux's ship landed on the planet Alinos. He managed to find a safe spot to land after all. Sylux stood on the planet and looked around. The lava covered most of the planet and there was no sign of any space pirates. Sylux started to scan the area gathering any information he could get. Sylux kept a clear eye on his radar just in case.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by MadMel
spire glared at sylux as he went, then looked at the girl "my.....name....spire" he managed, before turning to dane.."re...pairs?" he asked, pointing at his tranlator..
((forgot, spire doesnt have an armored suit laughing out loud ))

"Repairs?" Dane asked looking at Spire strangely. He turned to look at a marine who confirmed what he said and Dane turned back to Spire. "We have nothing to repair a translator Spire. Alinos has a military research facility somewhere deep within the planet, my guess in Space Pirate control now. If you really need repairs you could try to reach there but going solo may end your life."

MadMel
spire grunted and left..he found his ship again and set the coords for the planet alinos..

ESB -1138
Sylux quickly picked up something on radar and dived behind a rock. He peered his head to see three Space Pirates marching into a cave. One of them was a commando. They spoke to one another in their language as they went into the cave. A barrier soon went up and Sylux quickly scanned it. Blast...that barrier can only be weakened by a cold based weapon. Where will I find one on Alinos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.