Characters and their voices..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Alrighty,

We all have a thought/opinion on what a characters voice would sound like when we're reading a comic... So how do you picture that characters voice?

For instance,

I think Lobo's voice would sound a lot like that big guys voice from "Everybody Love's Raymond".

Your turn. smile

CasanoVa
Patrick Stewart - Xavier

Tony Danza - Galan haermm.

Galan007
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Tony Danza - Galan haermm. ermmdur

TricksterPriest
I think X-men TAS and JLA ruined my ability to hear other voices for characters. embarrasment Cause whenever I see the characters who were in those shows, I hear their voices. stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I think X-men TAS and JLA ruined my ability to hear other voices for characters. embarrasment Cause whenever I see the characters who were in those shows, I hear their voices. stick out tongue

i'm exactly the same when it comes to x-men, though for jla, i grew up watching the different tv shows and movies (reeve's superman, keaton's batman etc), but i'll admit kevin conroy is an awesome batman...

Darth Vicious
Same for me. Every time I read a comic with Wolverine in it I think TAS voice. Hell, I sometimes picture Hugh Jackman with that voice.

Evil_Ash
Roger Moore - Judge

Galan007
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds,

capt it up
Originally posted by Galan007
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds, [/QUOTE
my favority actor and a very good choice too for DP.

Galan007
Originally posted by capt it up
my favority actor and a very good choice too for DP. I don't know why, but I always picture a voice like that when I read my old Deadpool issues.

Validus
Ditto.

Skeets
What the ****! Ryan Reynolds!
You guys are kidding right? Right?

Evil_Ash
Pavarotti - Thanos

mPP6CIMyCOU

cNXBszBL9sA

Galan007
Originally posted by Skeets
What the ****! Ryan Reynolds!
You guys are kidding right? Right? You don't think so? 313

Pure Poison
For Harliquin i imagine her to have a very girlie voice, and Alyssa Milano would be perfect

Badabing
Originally posted by Pure Poison
For Harliquin i imagine her to have a very girlie voice, and Alyssa Milano would be perfect Alyssa Milano.......drool

Galan007
I think that MJJ and Jamie Braddock would both sound like Jack Sparrow.

Pure Poison
You left some drool on the floor

Badabing
Originally posted by Pure Poison
You left some drool on the floor embarrasment eek! laughing

kenobi
Dr. Doom= James Earl Jones, because I always felt that Dr. Doom was Darth Vader before there was a Darth Vader.
Dr. Strange= Max Von Sydow or Christopher Lee. They have regal voices and that fits Strange perfectly.
Black Panther= Laurence Fishburne

Symmetric Chaos
Anything that has a TAS version ends up superceding whatever I through the character would sound like.

For some reason I always imagine Deapool as having a quick high-baritone voice.

TricksterPriest
I think that MJJ and Jamie Braddock would both sound like Jack Sparrow.

Eddie Izzard would be perfect as MJJ. But Depp as Jamie, now that's inspired. big grin

Regarding Deadpool: The comics say his voice sounds like a gravelly Demi Moore. srug

shksprtx
Regarding Deadpool: The comics say his voice sounds like a gravelly Demi Moore. srug

So basically, Harvey Firestein...

Galan007
Regarding Deadpool: The comics say his voice sounds like a gravelly Demi Moore. srug I just cannot picture DP talking like that...

Soljer
Has anyone played Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

My brother-in-law has it for the 360. Deadpool's voice in that game pissed me off. He sounded like a ninja turtle. erm.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer

My brother-in-law has it for the 360. Deadpool's voice in that game pissed me off. He sounded like a ninja turtle. erm. Which ninja turtle? hmm

pr1983

My brother-in-law has it for the 360. Deadpool's voice in that game pissed me off. He sounded like a ninja turtle. erm.

i know, it doesnt suit him at all... he has the same voice from x-men...

Soljer
Which ninja turtle? hmm

I dunno. Just one of the animated series turtles.

I haven't seen it in a while, but the original live-action movie raphael might actually suit him, if I recall correctly.

Galan007
but the original live-action movie raphael might actually suit him, if I recall correctly. over

Soljer
over

Maybe I'm mistaken? I haven't watched the films in years. The voice I'm recalling, however, seems like it could be 'gravelly' enough. stick out tongue.

Newjak
I always thought that in his Ironman suit Tony's voice would have sounded a lot more like Optimus Prime's

I always thought that Doom would have a voice like Unicron's.

Grimm22

I actually liked the way Deadpool sounded in it

For me the awful voices were the Invisible Woman and Colossus sick

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
I always thought that in his Ironman suit Tony's voice would have sounded a lot more like Optimus Prime's I agree.

WrathfulDwarf
Jeremy Irons would make a great Darkseid voice.

Samuel L. Jackson voice for John Steward:

"Hey Motha**** you ass is under arrest by the motha**** GL corps! Shiit!"

Grimm22
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Jeremy Irons would make a great Darkseid voice.

Samuel L. Jackson voice for John Steward:

"Hey Motha**** you ass is under arrest by the motha**** GL corps! Shiit!"

Oh god I wish eek!

John hasn't been written as a stereotypical black guy since his first appearance though erm

And now Luke Cage (the most stereotypical black superhero ever!) has been developed by Bendis.

I think the stereotypical black hero is a dying breed sad

stick out tongue

CasanoVa
Just because Cage has been "developed" doesn't mean he isn't a stereotypical black man erm.

Grimm22
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Just because Cage has been "developed" doesn't mean he isn't a stereotypical black man erm.

But sad

No, Sweet Christmas

TricksterPriest
Michael Clarke Duncan as Darkseid/ Apocalypse. Irons has the casual evil, Duncan has the imposing presence. Anyone remember him as Kingpin? He ****ing nailed that role. big grin

SpunkySmurph

I always thought that Doom would have a voice like Unicron's. The actor who played him in the movies had too much of a high pitched voice, IMO.

Newjak
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The actor who played him in the movies had too much of a high pitched voice, IMO. Yeah but I'm talking about the deep booming voice part. Actually never mind Unicron for Galactus

Doom's voice should be the done by the guy who played Spock

shksprtx

You mean Leonard Nimoy? And then we could have had Shatner do the voice for the Surfer!

Newjak
Originally posted by shksprtx
You mean Leonard Nimoy? And then we could have had Shatner do the voice for the Surfer! Oddly enough that would work or maybe for Captain America hmm

grey fox
Oddly enough that would work or maybe for Captain America hmm

Nimoy is a suprisingly good VA

Newjak
Originally posted by grey fox
Nimoy is a suprisingly good VA Yes and like I said I think he would do a great Doom or Apoc or Darkseid

Basically anyone with an big aura of power around them and with elegant speech patterns.

TricksterPriest
David Warner. I'm not sure who I'd cast him as. Maybe Baron Mordu or the Mandarin.

grey fox
Yes and like I said I think he would do a great Doom or Apoc or Darkseid

Basically anyone with an big aura of power around them and with elegant speech patterns.

Ironically enough the guy who did Doctor Doom in teh second season of 1994 Fantastic Four fits that 'ideal' perfectly.

NiñoAraña
i always thought of deadpools voice as more of a cold, smooth voice...not "gravelly".

TricksterPriest
Me too. But I don't want to argue with Ncieza and Liefield. shrug They have the final call on what DP should be like.

NiñoAraña
Me too. But I don't want to argue with Ncieza and Liefield. shrug They have the final call on what DP should be like. i got it! Bruce Campbell for Deadpool!

pr1983

TricksterPriest

NiñoAraña
Originally posted by pr1983
wow... not bad, not bad at all... Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He's a little older than I'd like. But.....the casting is a damn good idea. thumb up thnx, i try.....embarrasment

pr1983

Grimm22
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The actor who played him in the movies had too much of a high pitched voice, IMO.

It wasn't the pitch as much as it was the lack of an accent

His voice in Ultimate Alliance was perfect yes

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah but I'm talking about the deep booming voice part. Actually never mind Unicron for Galactus

Nimoy? I have a hard time imagining that as Doom's voice.

Newjak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nimoy? I have a hard time imagining that as Doom's voice. He voiced Galvatron in the transformers movie stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
So who liked Lawrence Fishbourne as Surfer's Voice?

I didn't like it. I thought it was far too deep.

Priest
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
So who liked Lawrence Fishbourne as Surfer's Voice?

I didn't like it. I thought it was far too deep.
Co-signed..

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Priest
Co-signed.. Yeah, I guess it doesn't help that I own the entire TV Animated Series so that's kindof what I imagine now.. (But NOT Thanos).

Actually, I've always imagined his voice just being EXTREMELY peaceful with no "Growl" tone whatsoever.

Symmetric Chaos
BlackBlot probably sounds like EddieMurphy

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Yeah, I guess it doesn't help that I own the entire TV Animated Series so that's kindof what I imagine now.. (But NOT Thanos).

Actually, I've always imagined his voice just being EXTREMELY peaceful with no "Growl" tone whatsoever. Who's that person doing grampa lips in your avatar?

Rick/Genis
My gal blushing

Psyquis52
Personally I always pictured a deeper more sinister Tim Curry as Doom.
Maybe a very mean Alan Rickman.

I think Thor's voice in Ultimate Alliance was...lame.
I was kind of hoping for someone like Viggo Mortensen (there's no way I spelled his name right)

BTW Unicron was voiced by the late great Orson Wells in case anyone was curious.

shksprtx
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Viggo Mortensen (there's no way I spelled his name right)

Actually, you did...I think...

Omega Vision
Darkseid-Michael Ironside
Batman-Kevin Conroy
Thanos-Christopher Judge
Superman-Adam Baldwin
Thor-Whoever it was that played He-Man in the recent show
Guy Garnder-Woody Harrelson
Galactus-Tony Jay (Unfortunately he's dead sad)
Wonder Woman-Jennifer Hale
Joker-Mark Hammil
Vandal Savage-Jonathan Frakes
Black Adam-Michael Clarke Duncan
Lex Luthor-Clancy Brown
Dr Doom-Jeff Bennet

SamZED
Who else liked the voice of Kingpin from the web of shadows game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmGFRNzRq_Y

-Pr-
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds,

heh.

SamZED
Also I dont know why people hate Deadpool's voice from the games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxdIZ11VCRA
lol

Kazenji
I like his voice actor in X-men Legends 2 more myself.

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
heh. That's right, FEAR my pre-cog!11!! evillaugh

Endless Mike
Mxyzptlk I always imagine as Gilbert Gottfried because of the DCAU

Philosophía
I hear Bran's voice when I'm reading Northstar's dialogue.

Doctor-Alvis
I always imagined the Deadpool kind of sounding like the ghosts from Starcraft.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thor-Whoever it was that played He-Man in the recent show

The voice actor in question is Cam Clarke, who incidentally is the voice of Thor in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.