Kyle Rayner vs Any Abstract with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Kyle Rayner has been granted the ability to have Perfect Will by the Presence. With enough willpower, a GL can accomplish some insane things with what has been called the most powerful weapon in the universe...a GL Ring.

Given this perfect will, could Kyle Rayner conceivably defeat most abstract entities in either DC or Marvel? If so, whom could he defeat and whom could he not defeat?

In this battle, the Presence has not given Rayner any other uber powers...only perfect will. Kyle still has all of his other regular abilities.

norrinradd43
I still dont know if he can beat cosmics and abstracts

Jebus reborn
So basically, he's Lucifer with a GL ring?

Could a rind theoretically put out that much power, though?
I mean, in comparison to the will he's packing.

Soljer
Bran has it. The rings AREN'T unlimited. Too often we say that Lanterns are limited only by imagination and will power.

This is, partly, incorrect, however. They are also limited by the central power battery. They can't force more power through their ring than the power battery can emit.

norrinradd43
that being said he maybe takes silver surfer

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
So basically, he's Lucifer with a GL ring?

Could a rind theoretically put out that much power, though?
I mean, in comparison to the will he's packing.

Correct, except Rayner doesn't have the other powers of Lucifer. However, the GL ring is stated to be the most powerful weapon in the DC universe. I understand that it couldn't defeat multiversal abstracts such as LT, but universal abstracts could perhaps go down....even skyfathers.

If the Oan batter could produce enough energy for the ring to do whatever...do you think Rayner could take it?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
universal abstracts could perhaps go down....even skyfathers. huh

Jebus reborn
Correct, except Rayner doesn't have the other powers of Lucifer. However, the GL ring is stated to be the most powerful weapon in the DC universe. I understand that it couldn't defeat multiversal abstracts such as LT, but universal abstracts could perhaps go down....even skyfathers.

If the Oan batter could produce enough energy for the ring to do whatever...do you think Rayner could take it? I meant in only the will aspect.
Of course he's no Lucifer, but I wasn't implying that.
The personification of will would be pretty damn uber with something that could keep up, that feeds off this power.

Assuming this is Lucifer, because I can't really see Kyle with this power (so, assume I'm talking about him anyway), he could theoretically annihilate almost anyone.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
huh

I'm talking along the lines of Master Order or Lord Chaos...even Celestials. Galactus even. If Rayner can prevent any abstract from decimating him within the first picosecond...then, I think it could be possible for him to defeat many abstract beings with that kind of willpower....as long as he has an unlimited supply of energy from the Oan battery.

xmarksthespot
I'm talking along the lines of Master Order or Lord Chaos...even Celestials. Galactus even. If Rayner can prevent any abstract from decimating him within the first picosecond...then, I think it could be possible for him to defeat many abstract beings with that kind of willpower....as long as he has an unlimited supply of energy from the Oan battery. No I just found the sentence structure odd. "Universal abstracts... even skyfathers." as if the latter were more of a challenge than the former.

charlemagne9746
No I just found the sentence structure odd. "Universal abstracts... even skyfathers." as if the latter were more of a challenge than the former.

lol...yes...I wasn't thinking of sentence structure. Of course, by no means are skyfathers in the same league with Abstracts.

Soljer
No I just found the sentence structure odd. "Universal abstracts... even skyfathers." as if the latter were more of a challenge than the former.

"Universal abstracts...or at least skyfathers."

starlock
I would say there was a chance, a chance for kyle to win some big fights with the stipulation that the batteries are unlimited and his will is supreme,galactus and those in his league, i would give him a chance

Galan007
the GL ring is stated to be the most powerful weapon in the DC universe. Who said that?

Because I can think of a few things in the DCU, which are more powerful then a GL ring. erm

Blair Wind
its just a statement.....mostly made in GL books

Galan007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
its just a statement.....mostly made in GL books Those damn GL comics, and their *cough*LIES*cough* shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Who said that?

Because I can think of a few things in the DCU, which are more powerful then a GL ring. erm

Meh, it's gotten spammed all over the place once or twice. :-\.

Even if there ARE more powerful artifacts/weapons lying around.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, it's gotten spammed all over the place once or twice. :-\. sick

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'd say the furthest he'd be able to go is someone on Yugah Khan or Galactus lvl. After that, you really can't beat high tier abstracts. They are concepts and wouldn't be able to be beaten. Could you really see him beating Destruction or Dream?

complexbrother
he would be able to beat most "gods" no abstracts. and some celestial beings (celestials, stranger, eon, Tyrant,)

Galan007
Originally posted by complexbrother
and some celestial beings (celestials, stranger, eon, Tyrant,) I'll give you Stranger, Tyrant, and Eon...

But Kyle isn't taking down a Celestial. no.

starlock
How many times have i seen the words "the most powerfull weapon in the universe" in the gl books hehe

Soljer
I'll give you Stranger, Tyrant, and Eon...

But Kyle isn't taking down a Celestial. no.

Nor is he taking down Tyrant, if we're talking about his fully-powered form. erm.

Depowered Tyrant, maybe. A big maybe.

I, very much, doubt that a Green Lantern, even with 'perfect willpower,' could take down a skyfather. erm.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nor is he taking down Tyrant, if we're talking about his fully-powered form. erm.

Depowered Tyrant, maybe. A big maybe.

I, very much, doubt that a Green Lantern, even with 'perfect willpower,' could take down a skyfather. erm.

Yeah He could. Tyrant was DEPOWERED.The ring could take Tyrant down. He isn't an abstract. He'd be absorbed. The Ring at max capacity has rebuilt the heaven's ladder, sent the angels of heaven back to heaven, and held a big bang. He most certainly will beat Tyrant with perfect will power. And even big G. Then he starts to lose with anyone over that lvl.

complexbrother
^^^ you and I finally agree . lol

Tazer
Yo.

Bran has it. The rings AREN'T unlimited. Too often we say that Lanterns are limited only by imagination and will power.

This is, partly, incorrect, however. They are also limited by the central power battery. They can't force more power through their ring than the power battery can emit.

somewat incorrect: 1) b4 Rayner the utput from the rings was indeed infinite in regard to the amount of energy discharge they were capable of emiting. nowadays the rings work more like his however, so it is possible for a GL to run dry after heavy usage, but b4 the 24 period has come full circle.

2)Hal once dipped into the CPB for a MASSIVE boost of power, much moreso than he normally had access to with a typical ring-charge.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Who said that?

just out of curiousity, how many *can* U name?
and would U have any examples??

this isnt me calling U out btw; Im just curious since a similar topic came up on another board.....

Tazer

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

just out of curiousity, how many *can* U name?
and would U have any examples??

this isnt me calling U out btw; Im just curious since a similar topic came up on another board.....

Tazer
The Worlogog, The Mobious Chair, The Godwave, The Astro Force, The Genesis Box, The Philospher's stone ( part of the worlogog), Mageddon (a weapon), The Helm of Nabu, are just a few I can think of that are superior to the average showings of a GL ring.

draxx_tOfU
The Mobius Chair?

llagrok
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah He could. Tyrant was DEPOWERED.The ring could take Tyrant down. He isn't an abstract. He'd be absorbed. The Ring at max capacity has rebuilt the heaven's ladder, sent the angels of heaven back to heaven, and held a big bang. He most certainly will beat Tyrant with perfect will power. And even big G. Then he starts to lose with anyone over that lvl.

Not taking down big G. You do realize the insane power difference between DP tyrant and Galactus? DP Tyrant isn't even a skyfather.

No GL ring will take down any celestial or abstract.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
Not taking down big G. You do realize the insane power difference between DP tyrant and Galactus? DP Tyrant isn't even a skyfather.

No GL ring will take down any celestial or abstract.

I said the ring will take down Big G. Who isn't fully an abstract being. He was born from another universe or what ever the hell his origin of the week is. Anything over galactus Gl will not win. he can contain them tho. unless they have more output than a big bang.

llagrok
I said the ring will take down Big G. Who isn't fully an abstract being. He was born from another universe or what ever the hell his origin of the week is. Anything over galactus Gl will not win. he can contain them tho. unless they have more output than a big bang.

Anything over Galactus? Are you aware of how few abstracts there are that are above him? I highly doubt the rings have enough power to take him down.

We all know his origin.....

Galan007
The Worlogog, The Mobious Chair, The Godwave, The Astro Force, The Genesis Box, The Philospher's stone ( part of the worlogog), Mageddon (a weapon), The Helm of Nabu, are just a few I can think of that are superior to the average showings of a GL ring. thumb up

I'd even add the Spear of Destiny, and the ALE.

Possibly the Green Bell of Uthool, the Silver Wheel of Nyorlath, and the Red Jar of Calythos, .

King Kandy
Spectre.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.