Sylvester Stallone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediKatarn1
So who is a big time Rocky fan? I am. I though Rocky Balboa was great. It was short but it was very dramatic and from the heart. My favorite Rocky is Rocky II when he first won the title from Apollo Creed. What are your thoughts an interests on Sly?

LoneUnknown
I'm a huge Rocky fan! First saw the first Rocky film when I was a kid and have loved the series ever since. I loved Rocky Balboa too, it had the feel of the first film and was the perfect way to end the series IMO. Some people make fun of Sly (I know he's done some silly films) but I think he's a great actor. I think he shows his true acting talent in Cop Land and Locked Up. Cop Land proved that he's more than just an action hero movie star.

BobbyD
Originally posted by JediKatarn1
So who is a big time Rocky fan? I am. I though Rocky Balboa was great. It was short but it was very dramatic and from the heart. My favorite Rocky is Rocky II when he first won the title from Apollo Creed. What are your thoughts an interests on Sly?

As an actor, fair. I like his movies though-entertaining.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I loved the original Rocky. Never saw the last one. As an action hero, pretty good. Not seeing Rambo though.

Mr Parker
I lost my respect for Stallone after he made Rocky 4.What a jerk.He should have ended the movie series as a trilogy with Rocky 3.Rocky 4 and Rocky 5 were pure crap and a disgrace to the Rocky series.The first three films were well written and realistic-except for Rocky 3 when Hulk Hogan body slammed him several times and Rocky got up with no problem.He would have been in the hospital for months after that.That had nothing to do with the fight though so that didnt ruin the movie.

See thats when the Rocky movies started getting unrealistic and unbelievable is around Rocky 3 when that happened with Hulk Hogan because Rocky 4 was even far more unrealistic.Rocky would have died from that beating from Drago just like Appollo did.No human being could have survived that beating and it was from a superhuman.Thats what made the rocky film series great in the first place was its realisem and believability which all went out the window after Rocky 3.After Rocky 3.Stallone clearly got greedy and just started writing the movies for the green bucks and did not care about making quality Rocky movies anymore.

exanda kane
Rambo left reality at it's first sequel too.

coolmovies
Am a fan of stallone too you dont get these kinda actors anymore . Hes old but hes still the best

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Thats what made the rocky film series great in the first place was its realisem and believability

What? No, sorry. Just no. It's COMPLETELY unrealistic to get your ass STOMPED for like, 20 rounds, then in the last round you get inspired by your theme song, get up, and kick ass.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I lost respect for Sly after his 'roid scandal.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by exanda kane
Rambo left reality at it's first sequel too.

yeah it did.He became a jerk when he made that movie as well.He got severly criticised by people in the military for making that movie as well back then for that fact that it was so unrealistic and not at all believeable.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Is anybody going to go see the next Rambo movie?

coolmovies
I am cant wait !

WO Polaski
Stallone is an idiot and bad actor and all his movies are terrible.

ADarksideJedi
Most of his movies are.But the Rocky ones are quite good.I also like "Stop or my Mama will shot" pretty funny stuff!jm

Klausdoszissou
Stallone is king of all that he sees

JediKatarn1
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I lost my respect for Stallone after he made Rocky 4.What a jerk.He should have ended the movie series as a trilogy with Rocky 3.Rocky 4 and Rocky 5 were pure crap and a disgrace to the Rocky series.The first three films were well written and realistic-except for Rocky 3 when Hulk Hogan body slammed him several times and Rocky got up with no problem.He would have been in the hospital for months after that.That had nothing to do with the fight though so that didnt ruin the movie.

See thats when the Rocky movies started getting unrealistic and unbelievable is around Rocky 3 when that happened with Hulk Hogan because Rocky 4 was even far more unrealistic.Rocky would have died from that beating from Drago just like Appollo did.No human being could have survived that beating and it was from a superhuman.Thats what made the rocky film series great in the first place was its realisem and believability which all went out the window after Rocky 3.After Rocky 3.Stallone clearly got greedy and just started writing the movies for the green bucks and did not care about making quality Rocky movies anymore.

Rocky IV was probably the most dramatic heart-determined Rocky movie in the saga. The only reason Rocky beat Drago was because the steroids were wearing off of Drago number 1 and number 2 Rocky was very well trained for the fight in Russia. Apollo died because he didn't train hard enough before the exhibition in Las Vagas . I like Rocky IV but my favorite is II when he first wins the title. The whole theme of Rocky IV was about changing. The way you change your thinking of how you can change to like someboday. Rocky IV in 1985 probably helped end the Cold War.

KingTech

I think he is a bad actor with nothing to add for the history of cinema.

His roles are repetitive and has no special characteristics.

It is good that he stops acting.

Mr Parker
Rocky IV was probably the most dramatic heart-determined Rocky movie in the saga. The only reason Rocky beat Drago was because the steroids were wearing off of Drago number 1 and number 2 Rocky was very well trained for the fight in Russia. Apollo died because he didn't train hard enough before the exhibition in Las Vagas . I like Rocky IV but my favorite is II when he first wins the title. The whole theme of Rocky IV was about changing. The way you change your thinking of how you can change to like someboday. Rocky IV in 1985 probably helped end the Cold War.

God I hate Rocky 4 even worse than Rocky 5.Evander holyfield said himself that He dislikes that one the most as well because it is easily the most unrealistic one of them all.That rocky would have died early on from that beating like appollo did,that no human being could take that kind of punishment.He confirmed what i knew all along.He said the fight would have been stopped a long time and never would have gone on as long as it did.All that training in the world by rocky would not have done him any good in the REAL world.He would NEVER have lasted 15 rounds with him in the real world with this SUPERHUMAN, let alone more than a few.plus that crowd would NEVER have changed their sides like that and start cheering for rocky.pitiful screenwriting.thats easily the most unrealistic thing I have ever heard to say that movie might have have helped end the war.
All that movie did was give the message that its okay to fight to solve your problems. roll eyes (sarcastic) stallones memory is horrible because he obvioulsy forgot that in rocky 3,appollos trainer said he would have to put clubber lang-mr t away early in the rounds,that with Mr T's strength,Rocky would never last more than 4 or 5 rounds in the ring with him,6 at the most.yet somehow were suppose to believe this guy who is MUCH stronger than MR T, that he CAN last 15 rounds with him? please give me a break. rocky 4 was a complete rip off of rocky 3.rocky 3 he fights mr t because he feels guilty for causing mickeys death in a scuffle with mr t because mickey did not want to train him again and only did so cause rocky pushed him.rocky 4? same thing,He ends up fighting drago because he feels guilty for not fighting drago in the beginning like appollo wanted him to so appollo fights him instead.what do we have here? same old copy rip off he feels guilty about causing appollos death as well so he wants to redeem himself by fighting drago.same ole same ole.
The Rocky movies REALLY started to get dumb after rocky 2.In Rocky 3,were suppose to believe that Rocky could have survived that beating From Hulk Hogan getting body slammed to the ground and jumped on by someone twice as huge as he is and just be merely stunned by it all? that he could easily climb back in the ring immediately after that? Yeah right.In the real world,he would have been in the hospital for weks if not months,that was when the realism for the rocky movies started to change and go downhill and thats what made the rocky movies so great was the realism involved in the movies.that wrestling scene with hulk hogan was just a small part of the film though so I could look past it and still enjoy it because it was realistic the way they show fighters who once they start making the big bucks and have fought for a long time,lose their hunger and in the end,they dont train as hard as they did when they first started out and lose in the end.it was very realistic.reminded me of Buster Douglass and Mike Tyson.Tyson got to be like rocky and got too cocky and relaxed in his traning,and douglass came along and beat Tyson and knocked him out.Then the same thing happened with Douglass.His head got too big after beating Tyson,he stopped training and got really fat and when he defended his title,he got knocked out by evander holyfield.
Plus Rocky 4 was predicatable as hell. everybody knew rocky would win that fight,we all knew he wouldnt go there just to lose.God I wanted rocky to die in that movie same as appollo. mad

Mr Parker
the thing that always made the rocky movies great was the realisem factor,which again they started to lose after ROCKY 2.The Hulk Hogan thing was bad enough in Rocky 3 to sit through and tolerate but Rocky 4 took it to even far more absurd new lows with that movie.Thats why I prefer Rocky 5 because it was much more realistic and believeable.Those kinds of things happen in the real world of boxing where a promoter doesnt care about you if you get hurt or not and just trys to use you to get rich like he tried to do with rocky.Plus that street fight scene was pretty cool.it was osmething different for a change.rocky 6 at least wasnt near as horrible as rocky 4 and 5 though thankfully.

Jim Colyer
Stallone has worn out the Rocky thing long since.

MightyCelestial
These are the only Sly Stallone films that I like:

5. Rocky Balboa - While not comparable to the first two, still, a nice closing chapter to the saga of the Italian Stallion.

4. Copland - Stallone was hoping to expand the roles he was doing with this movie. However, if I recall correctly, this film got so-so reviews, & I guess never got Sly's career rolling in the direction he wanted. Which is too bad, cuz I didn't think this was bad at all & also that Sly shoulda kept at trying new things ( which he didn't.... I mean Rambo as an old man....?).
Ah well, maybe it's not too late for Vin Diesel or the Rock.

3. First Blood - Lemme tell you guys sumthin, before the Rambo character become a cartoon like character of violence that he's become famous for, there was First Blood. And he seriously kicked ass without as much snicking or as many eyerolls from movie viewers that the successors of this series tend to receive. This movie was both over the top & yet down to earth at the same time. For a Stallone movie, that is.

2. Rocky 2 - One of those rare times back in the day when not only did the sequel work as a quality film, but also, it actually felt like a natural extension of the story which began in the first film.

1. Rocky -" Trying hard nowwww
it's so hard nowwwww
trying hard nowwww

Getting strong nowww
won't be long nowww
getting strong nowwww

Gonna fly nowww
flying high nowww
gonna flyyy,
flyyyyYYY,
fLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

GGS
Cobra is some enjoyable yet corny and funny shit.

Toku King
I'm such a Rocky fan that it's not even funny, and I'm a diehard Stallone fanboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.