betaray bill vs annihilus w/qauntum bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
who takes the majority of wins?

quanchi112
annihilus

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
who takes the majority of wins?

living death that walks

TricksterPriest
Annihilus. I doubt Bill will get to do pull off what Nova did. Not to mention Annihilus was severely weakened when Nova killed him.

Tenebrous
annihilus. beta ray bill was having fighting for his life against stardust.

annihilus with quantum bands is (IMO) a bit higher than your average herald. Though stardust is above average for a herald of Galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tenebrous

annihilus with quantum bands is (IMO) a bit higher than your average herald. Though stardust is above average for a herald of Galactus. annihilus crushes him

norrinradd43
I agree that stardust is probably the second strongest herald next to surfer due to immortality Beta Ray could pull one off on Annihilus maybe 1/5

draxx_tOfU
BRB sans hammer < Annihilus sans QB

Stormbreaker < Quantum Bands

wink

llagrok
I'd give Beta ray at least 7/10 against Annihilus.

Nova had little experience when fighting him and he didn't exactly display any form of skill against Annihilus. Beta Ray has at least as much power and plenty of experience.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by llagrok
I'd give Beta ray at least 7/10 against Annihilus.

Nova had little experience when fighting him and he didn't exactly display any form of skill against Annihilus. Beta Ray has at least as much power and plenty of experience. Annihilus has one shotted both Thor, and Masterson Thor before...

Also, Nova was really nothing to him, and that was the point.
You forgot that Quaser got beat as well.

leonidas
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Annihilus has one shotted both Thor, and Masterson Thor before...

Also, Nova was really nothing to him, and that was the point.
You forgot that Quaser got beat as well.

yes

withOUT the bands annihilus would beat bill for a solid majority, imo -- especially as he was shown in annihilation.

Endless Mike
You know Annihilus easily survived ground zero of Galactus' blast that took out 3 solar systems. You think Bill could do that?

llagrok
It's based ONLY on his showings in Annihiliation.

Somehow he got a major power boost at the start of Annihiliation, I mean common, this guy has been beaten by the F4 and Thor beat him in the end. When he was without his cosmic rod the GIDEON FOUNDATION captured and tortured him. He's pretty much been Blastaar's equal for many years, and then suddenly he receives a major powerup.

Annihilation Annihilus would probably take BRB, but the old one wouldn't.

nimbus006

annihilus with quantum bands is (IMO) a bit higher than your average herald. Though stardust is above average for a herald of Galactus.

Annihilus with Quantum bands is much higher than your avergage herald. He killed Quasar before he had the bands. Put it this way, Ravenous is a bit higher than your average Herald (i.e Airwalker), and Ravenous serves Annihilus. Why would he serve someone less poweful than him?

P.S I do agree that Annihilus did get a ridicuous upgrade for Annihilation.

leonidas
It's based ONLY on his showings in Annihiliation.

Somehow he got a major power boost at the start of Annihiliation, I mean common, this guy has been beaten by the F4 and Thor beat him in the end. When he was without his cosmic rod the GIDEON FOUNDATION captured and tortured him. He's pretty much been Blastaar's equal for many years, and then suddenly he receives a major powerup.

Annihilation Annihilus would probably take BRB, but the old one wouldn't.

imo he's always been stronger than blastarr, and using the ff as reference is tricky considering who they have beaten in their history. erm

no one knows how the gideon people got him so that is sort of irrelevent. and when did thor beat him? odin had to remove him from asgard in the one meeting i recall.

leonidas
Originally posted by nimbus006

i agree he did get something of an upgrade, but i don't think the upgrade was as great as you're proposing.

Galan007
P.S I do agree that Annihilus did get a ridicuous upgrade for Annihilation. Ask yourself this...

Did Annihilus get a huge powerup?

Or did we simply get to see more of Annihilus then we ever have before?

I believe it to be the latter personally. srug

nimbus006
Originally posted by Galan007
Ask yourself this...

Did Annihilus get a huge powerup?

Or did we simply get to see more of Annihilus then we ever have before?

I believe it to be the latter personally. srug

You may have a point. We never seen him bring an entire armada from the negative zone before. Which may have given the illusion that he was more powerful than before, then with the addition of the q-bands forget about it. However, even before he got the quantum bands he did kill Quasar, which is a power display ive never seen before during his previous encounters with the F4.

Galan007
However, even before he got the quantum bands he did kill Quasar, which is a power display ive never seen before during his previous encounters with the F4. True.

But one of this arcs main focuses was Annihilus...

Any time we see more of a character then usual, it gives said character more of a chance to show off their power.

Not saying he didn't receive some sort of boost, just saying that it doesn't necessarily have to be that.

Just my 2 cents. ermm

nimbus006
True.

But one of this arcs main focuses was Annihilus...

Any time we see more of a character then usual, it gives said character more of a chance to show off their feats.

Not saying he didn't receive some sort of boost, just saying that it doesn't necessarily have to be that. ermm

Absolutely, infact i would prefer if your conclusions were correct. Everyone from Hulk to Silver Surfer getting some sort of upgrade is starting to bug me.

Maybe he just learned how to harness/control his (equivalent to power cosmic powers; forgot what its called) powers more effectively since he last faced the F4.

nimbus006
Originally posted by leonidas
i agree he did get something of an upgrade, but i don't think the upgrade was as great as you're proposing.

I was referrring to the addition of the q-bands along with a subtle increase in his normal power level without them.

starlock
I kinda agree with some of the sentiments in this thread

I dont beleive Annihilus can beat quasar..but they wanted him dead and annihilus was the focus of the story
i think annihilus was at a greater than normal power display,i dont even think he used the quantum bands much..he would have been blown up without the "metomorphic right of passage"
but if they are consistant with annihlius from this point on we have to give him props

BTW the new quasar's quantum bands look ugly...i hope they give her the " right of passage" so she can use them properly
actually i would rather wendal back but oh well

BRB for the win..without the bands brb for majority
with bands he should blow himself up trying to use them...so i go with brb

Galan007
Maybe he just learned how to harness/control his (equivalent to power cosmic powers; forgot what its called) powers more effectively since he last faced the F4. Or maybe Annihilus has always had that type of power,

But since we got to see him more then usual in this arc, a greater array of the power he already possessed was displayed to us.

srug

nimbus006
Or maybe Annihilus has always had that type of power,

But since we got to see him more then usual in this arc, a greater array of the power he already possessed was displayed to us.

srug

Or that...lol, Although i dont ever remember him referring to that negative zone power cosmic prior to Annihilation... i could be wrong

nimbus006
Sorry for dbl post.

leonidas
I was referrring to the addition of the q-bands along with a subtle increase in his normal power level without them.

with the qbands for sure he was powered up. i agree he may have had a subtle increase in personal power -- i think the best example of it is ravenous, who seemed very powerful in his own right. but i like galan's idea of the sharper focus on him making him seem more powerful.

annihilus's cosmic control rod was always a major league weapon and a big focus in other arcs, and he's even done some minor matter manip with it. he's always been in the herald category of overall power so taking out quasar is impressive, but not TOO far above someone who has taken out thor. erm btw, was the battle with quasar actually shown in a book somewhere?

starlock
with the qbands for sure he was powered up. i agree he may have had a subtle increase in personal power -- i think the best example of it is ravenous, who seemed very powerful in his own right. but i like galan's idea of the sharper focus on him making him seem more powerful.

annihilus's cosmic control rod was always a major league weapon and a big focus in other arcs, and he's even done some minor matter manip with it. he's always been in the herald category of overall power so taking out quasar is impressive, but not TOO far above someone who has taken out thor. erm btw, was the battle with quasar actually shown in a book somewhere?

Yes Quasar and Nova took a desperate chance at attacking Annihilus directly and it looked to me quasar died trying to protect nova

quasar and nova bust thru the ship confront annihilus and nova gets one shotted and quasar tries to protect them and annihilus drains him and kills him...off the top of my head

Nova #3 i think or 4 of the annihilation preludes i think
BTW i would not have reconized quasar if they did not call his name...new costume and lame use of his powers

leonidas
Originally posted by starlock
Yes Quasar and Nova took a desperate chance at attacking Annihilus directly and it looked to me quasar died trying to protect nova

quasar and nova bust thru the ship confront annihilus and nova gets one shotted and quasar tries to protect them and annihilus drains him and kills him...off the top of my head

Nova #3 i think or 4 of the annihilation preludes i think

thanks. i'll check it out. smile

nimbus006

Yea thats pretty accurate. Its in the Annihilation: Nova mini

Tenebrous
Annihilus with Quantum bands is much higher than your avergage herald. He killed Quasar before he had the bands. Put it this way, Ravenous is a bit higher than your average Herald (i.e Airwalker), and Ravenous serves Annihilus. Why would he serve someone less poweful than him?

debateable. ravenous had his ass handed to him by SS (albeit after Galactus upgraded his power). Throughout the whole series, Nova kept saying how only the heralds had the power to match ravenous and the centurions. this is even after Nova received the entire nova force and worldmind.

Obviously nova defeats annihilus, but given the circumstances I don't think we can safely say with certainty that annihilus with q-bands is way above herald level, as he was beaten by nova, who in turn admitted he essentially was less powerful than firelord, stardust, SS, etc. I know nova defeated annihilus only after ground zero of Galactus' attack, however nova also survived, so we may imply he was also somewhat weak.

leonidas
debateable. ravenous had his ass handed to him by SS (albeit after Galactus upgraded his power). Throughout the whole series, Nova kept saying how only the heralds had the power to match ravenous and the centurions. this is even after Nova received the entire nova force and worldmind.

Obviously nova defeats annihilus, but given the circumstances I don't think we can safely say with certainty that annihilus with q-bands is way above herald level, as he was beaten by nova, who in turn admitted he essentially was less powerful than firelord, stardust, SS, etc. I know nova defeated annihilus only after ground zero of Galactus' attack, however nova also survived, so we may imply he was also somewhat weak.

that's actually a fair point. because both were written as being weakened it does sorta make the battle hard to use as reference imo. and nova had a little help as well, didn't he?

llagrok
When has Annihilus ever drained high heralds before?

The Gideon Foundation guys, shot him a lot and then restraint him. Not entirely sure why he wasn't able to break loose but they were using some sort of special technology. They had TONS of preparation though, it's not like they suddenly faced off against him. In a fair fight they'd be dead.

Annihilus has always been strong, but I've never pictured him as someone who's above class 90/100. When he was able to almost one shot Nova and physically restrain Quasar I was shocked. I don't mind him getting a powerup, I think it's more than fair. I just wish they could've mentioned it.

leonidas

The Gideon Foundation guys, shot him a lot and then restraint him. Not entirely sure why he wasn't able to break loose but they were using some sort of special technology. They had TONS of preparation though, it's not like they suddenly faced off against him. In a fair fight they'd be dead.

Annihilus has always been strong, but I've never pictured him as someone who's above class 90/100. When he was able to almost one shot Nova and physically restrain Quasar I was shocked. I don't mind him getting a powerup, I think it's more than fair. I just wish they could've mentioned it.

i've always seen him as a team-wrecker-level villain. i wouldn't have put it past him to be able to drain someone like quasar with the cosmic control rod. he's usually beaten by some plot device type ending so to see him getting his due is fine with me.

i agree with you that he was powered-up slightly, but again, not unbelieveably so, imo, and it was probably warranted in his case. he's always been a good villain who needed a little air time. smile

Jebus reborn

Obviously nova defeats annihilus, but given the circumstances I don't think we can safely say with certainty that annihilus with q-bands is way above herald level, as he was beaten by nova, who in turn admitted he essentially was less powerful than firelord, stardust, SS, etc. I know nova defeated annihilus only after ground zero of Galactus' attack, however nova also survived, so we may imply he was also somewhat weak. Actually Annil wasn't defeated by Nova, through sheer power, so that point irrelevant.
He was beaten through a little distraction, and a bit of a weakness.

As shown, in the battle, Nova could do shit to him.
Do you really think Nova could have taken him down, without ripping out his throat?
I don't, and that's why I liked the way the battle was portrayed.

Also, Nova put up a shield, and I think Phylla did as well, and they were quite a bit farther back.

Annihilus has always been strong, but I've never pictured him as someone who's above class 90/100. When he was able to almost one shot Nova and physically restrain Quasar I was shocked. I don't mind him getting a powerup, I think it's more than fair. I just wish they could've mentioned it. So basically, in your opinion, an entire characters history, should be judged on one low showing?

What other class 90 has done this to Thing, and IW?
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5797/page18wp9.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/340/page19xi7.jpg
Notice Thing's hide.

Also, Leo, if you still want to see it, here is Annil taking out Quaser, and fighting Nova.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5749/annihalationnova04page1pg8.th.jpg http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4981/annihalationnova04page1hh0.th.jpg http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9582/annihalationnova04page1ni5.th.jpg http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/964/annihalationnova04page1mm7.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7746/annihalationnova04page1uo9.th.jpg http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2707/annihalationnova04page2yt6.th.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1857/annihalationnova04page2zi6.th.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1816/annihalationnova04page2xx9.th.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1295/annihalationnova04page2qq5.th.jpg

leonidas
thanks bran. and very good points. i agree with you 100% about both the nova battle and annihilus's power BEFORE the mini-series. smile

llagrok
Does he get the quantum bands AND the cosmic rod? Or just the bands?

If he truly is that strong, he wouldn't have been afraid to attack Thanos.

Jebus reborn
thanks bran. and very good points. i agree with you 100% about both the nova battle and annihilus's power BEFORE the mini-series. smile Thanks.

Does he get the quantum bands AND the cosmic rod? Or just the bands?

If he truly is that strong, he wouldn't have been afraid to attack Thanos. It looks like he gets both...

Thanos gave him tech, Thanos gave him Galactus, and Surfer.

I'm not going to comment on powers, because I'm still undecided myself, but I'll just give those explanations.

llagrok
Thanks.

It looks like he gets both...

Thanos gave him tech, Thanos gave him Galactus, and Surfer.

I'm not going to comment on powers, because I'm still undecided myself, but I'll just give those explanations.

Yeah okay, Thanos was useful to Annihilus. I'm not going to deny that, but if you're trying to imply that Annihilus would beat Thanos....

If Annihilus gets both he wins, if he only gets the bands then he should lose. Without the cosmic rod he's pretty much a class 90/100 with the quantum bands. I don't think that's enough to take down Thor's equal.

Jebus reborn
Yeah okay, Thanos was useful to Annihilus. I'm not going to deny that, but if you're trying to imply that Annihilus would beat Thanos....

If Annihilus gets both he wins, if he only gets the bands then he should lose. Without the cosmic rod he's pretty much a class 90/100 with the quantum bands. I don't think that's enough to take down Thor's equal. I said I'm undecided about Annihilus and Thanos, in Annihilation.
I gave the useful thing out, because that could be a reason he idn't attack him.

Without the Rod, he managed to crack Thing's hide, and punch through IW's shield like nothing...
I'm not saying he could beat Beta, but a class 90? Ya right.

llagrok
I said I'm undecided about Annihilus and Thanos, in Annihilation.
I gave the useful thing out, because that could be a reason he idn't attack him.

Without the Rod, he managed to crack Thing's hide, and punch through IW's shield like nothing...
I'm not saying he could beat Beta, but a class 90? Ya right.

You're taking the "crack Thing's hide" thing a bit too seriously. It was a couple of scraps that went off, hardly anything. Super Skrull went through IW's shield, is he a class 100 as well now?

Jebus reborn
You're taking the "crack Thing's hide" thing a bit too seriously. It was a couple of scraps that went off, hardly anything. Super Skrull went through IW's shield, is he a class 100 as well now? Maybe so, but can you tell me who else has done this?
It was a couple chunks that came off...

Annihilus one-punched the shield though...

llagrok
Maybe so, but can you tell me who else has done this?
It was a couple chunks that came off...

Annihilus one-punched the shield though...

One punching shield is a pretty decent feat, but was that everything she had? The durability of her shields seem to be completely up to her. I have a feeling it wasn't her sunday punch. If it was, then it's definitely a good feat for him.

After the Gideon trust foundation trapped him, they got his cosmic rod and messed up the N-zone. This was the first time Annihilus was killed I think, by some Pilgrim.

Either way, I think they took it OUT of the N-zone, so I'm kind of wondering where the hell he got it from and what happened between him and that other spawn, or clone or what it was. Weren't there two Annihilus' before Annihilation?

I really wish they would mention big events like this. He didn't really have any army at all, he must've re built it fast.

quanchi112
annihilus crushes him

nimbus006

I said the average herald. Surfer is not an average herald, he is the best. Ravenous handed Airwalker his ass. So yes i believe Ravenous to be about average herald level power. You just said yourself only the heralds have the power to match Ravenous. Thats what im saying, Ravenous is average herald level in power. And like somone said, He wasnt really beaten by Nova himself, (like the scans show) even before he had the bands the Worldmind told Richard that Annihilus outsclassed him in every category. So with the bands i do think its safe to say Annihilus is above herald level.

quanchi112
annihilus in this story took on a suped up nova and quasar at the same time. i question whether even the nighty silver surfer could do that?

llagrok
I said the average herald. Surfer is not an average herald, he is the best. Ravenous handed Airwalker his ass. So yes i believe Ravenous to be about average herald level power. You just said yourself only the heralds have the power to match Ravenous. Thats what im saying, Ravenous is average herald level in power. And like somone said, He wasnt really beaten by Nova himself, (like the scans show) even before he had the bands the Worldmind told Richard that Annihilus outsclassed him in every category. So with the bands i do think its safe to say Annihilus is above herald level.

That was Annihilus WITH the cosmic rod, with the cosmic rod he can take on Thor and such, of course BRB loses then.

This fight has to be with the quantum bands and no cosmic control rod. If it's not then I'll dur the OP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.