Kyle XY = Deathstroke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
Is Kyle XY what Deathstroke was supposed to be? Are the abilities that Kyle posses, abilities that Slade should have to? Their abilities both come from the fact that they both use their brains at close to 100% of its potential. Would you have a problem if a writer started giving Slade abilities similar (or identical) to those of Kyle?

Seems to me that Kyle is every thing Deathstroke had the potential to be... before Wolfman settled for low level superhuman strength and speed.

Deathstroke
What does Kyle XY do?

srankmissingnin
Kyle is like a human super computer. He has true photographic memory, he literally remembers everything perfectly down to the last detail. When he draws from memory he produces a perfect snapshot of how he saw that moment. He can read entire encyclopedias in seconds, and solve complex mathematic equations in his head as soon as he glances at the problem. His understanding of physics is so advanced that he posses a level of superhuman aim, he can even ricochet a basket ball off roof tops and still have it land in the net. He has superhuman reaction time, enhanced durability, superhuman endurance, he can swim like a dolphin at insane speeds and even posses a Taskmaster-esq ability, having assimilated fighting styles (and Chinese) after watching some Kung-Fu movies. He can predict the weather, being able to sense changes in atmospheric pressure and "smell" climate changes and moisture in the air. He can increase his hearing to superhuman levels and is now learning telekinesis.

He also learned to speak English in a day, can read body language and understands binary like it was the simplest thing in the world.

EDIT: As of the latest episode he can regulate his body temperature so that he can walk into fire with out being burnt.

Entity
I could go with everything but the telekinesis. I like how Slade has such a wonderfully advanced mind but that would be too much IMO.

Deathstroke
Bah, Slade kills him 10/10. big grin

But seriously though, is the show any good? I've never watched it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Bah, Slade kills him 10/10. big grin

But seriously though, is the show any good? I've never watched it.

I think its a good show, and I'd recommend it. The second season isn't as good as the first yet but its only three episodes in.

If you don't have ABC Family they rerun the episodes on ABC at 9pm on Fridays. I'd recommend watching the first season first though. You can buy the DVD, download some torrents or stream the video from a site like www.tv-links.co.uk.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think its a good show, and I'd recommend it. The second season isn't as good as the first yet but its only three episodes in.

If you don't have ABC Family they rerun the episodes on ABC at 9pm on Fridays. I'd recommend watching the first season first though. You can buy the DVD, download some torrents or stream the video from a site like www.tv-links.co.uk.

Awesome. Thanks, SRank.

grey fox
I always thought Slade was DC's attempt a 'Captain America' esq character.

long pig
Seems like Slade has most of those powers as it is. Super strength, Super speed, Super smarts, Super sensory perceptions. He can even do the weather changing thing too by using his "increased brain capacity". They used that as an excuse for everything in the beginning, from sensing danger to sensing a shift in the weather or someone's intent.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think I'd want to assimilate fighting skills from Kung Fu movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.