How do you define "street-level"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
I alwasy thought of it as people with either human or low-level superhuman strength like Class 1-5 and either simply human or bullet-dodging/timing reflex speed.

Your thoughts?

Endless Mike
If you're so powerful than fighting crime on the streets would cause more damage to bystanders than to criminals, you're above street level.

Generally.

Thanos_THOTU
Wrong section, but the ones that that fight crimes on the streets, and fight the good guy's.
Spider-man, Wolverine, Luke Cage and ... Ghost Rider shifty

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
The only street leveler here, is Wolverine.

Priest
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
The only street leveler here, is Wolverine.
yes
GR just finished snaping and draging half a plane across a plane runway imo..
Spiderman was able to chuck a SUV at least 2-3 stories up, and across the street in a recent Amazing.

endrict
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Wrong section, but the ones that that fight crimes on the streets, and fight the good guy's.

No one on that list is street level, they are all superhuman. Batman, Daredevil etc...are street level.

Soljer
Wolverine isn't street level, either. He has street level characteristics - mundane modes of travel, low-level superhuman strength/speed/et cetera.

However, because of his unbreakable-slice-through-anything claws, he has above street level damage output. And because of his OMGWTF?! healing factor, he has above street level damage soak.

Wolverine is mid-tier. :-\.

Terror of Death
A street leveler is someone who is not much stronger than common gangs and the mob. Its basically someone who would have an extremely hard time fighting about 20 gang members with or wthout weapons at once. They cant have powers or weapons that can kill a multitude of people or destroy citys with ease.

To make things simple a street leveler is someone who can be killed by the police or gangs. If 20 or more people can not kill him/her or atleast give them injuries or bruises they are not street level.

Someone at street level can not perform at a level higher than a human at their peak.

Symmetric Chaos
Anyone who operates on the streets (or would) and beats normal humans due to either minor physical advantages or skill.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Terror of Death
Someone at street level can not perform at a level higher than a human at their peak.

That's all you needed to say.

stick out tongue

Terror of Death
Like I said before if the unarmed guy is put in a room with over 20 people who have the full intent of killing him their is no reason he should come out of there alive.

People who can beat super villians with ease are not at street level.
Common criminals have to pose a threat to them.

Cosmo Kramer
Then DD and Batman would not be street level at all...atleast according to you people.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Then DD and Batman would not be street level at all...atleast according to you people.

Batman prepares for his fights and uses his environment. Without those he's just an incredible martial artist who's in great shape.

Cosmo Kramer
DD has taken over a 100 ninjas at once. This thread is hypocritical.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
DD has taken over a 100 ninjas at once. This thread is hypocritical.

But he didn't use any kinds of powers to do it (except supersenses) he had to rely on skill and the fact that he's in better physical condition. In comics the only people act as canon fodder more than ninjas are SHIELD agents.

Cosmo Kramer
I think it was just the fact that DD is so honed in, he is above them.

yugotank
Anyone with NO physical OR mental "above" normal human powers.

Anyone with NO built in weapons or protection..This leaves Wolverine and Luke Cage out of the mix.

I feel Daredevil is borderline.He is blind but does have "super senses".

I don't think Iron Fist or Captain America are street level.

Common street level folks:
Bat Man
Night Wing
Bullseye
Hawkeye
Green Arrow
Punisher
Captain Kirk
Bat Girl and so on

Gecko4lif
I would also think of Iron fist as more of a street leveler then anything

Soljer
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I would also think of Iron fist as more of a street leveler then anything

The ability to knock out anyone this side of the Hulk isn't anything to be shrugged off....

stick out tongue.

Symmetric Chaos
Anyone from Wolverine down durfist

grey fox
My opinion on 'Street Levler'

Strength - Five Tons and under

Durability - 3-10 sticks of tnt and under

Speed - 25mph and under

Agility - Arrow dodging , possibly bullet dodging and under

Energy Projection - 50 sticks of TNT and under (Or enough to blast through 35 tanks with major difficulty)

yugotank
Iron Fist has the "CHI" which is "super human". Iron Fist does fight crime on a street level but does have a "power"....like Daredevil.

I would leave him out of the mix.

I would say only "pure" humans with no added "powers"..

Battlehammer
Logan is clearly not street level

masterbruce
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Logan is clearly not street level

DD and Punisher are streetlevel...and they both give Logan a lot of trouble.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
DD and Punisher are streetlevel...and they both give Logan a lot of trouble.
they also give spiderman hell.........

not to mention on kmc they really stand no chance against logan.

not mention out side of ennis comics punisher and DD have never done that well vs Logan.

Punisher gotten stomped vs a Logan who was not trying.

DD been taken out in 5 pannels before by wolverine.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Battlehammer
they also give spiderman hell.........

not to mention on kmc they really stand no chance against logan.

not mention out side of ennis comics punisher and DD have never done that well vs Logan.

Punisher gotten stomped vs a Logan who was not trying.

DD been taken out in 5 pannels before by wolverine.

Punisher's also taken out Logan with a bat to the nuts

DD's taken out Logan with a mere chop to the adam's apple

I know, I know, Ennis is the writer but a feat is a feat

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
Punisher's also taken out Logan with a bat to the nuts

DD's taken out Logan with a mere chop to the adam's apple

I know, I know, Ennis is the writer but a feat is a feat
a feat is not a feat if it pis.

how many times we have to go over this. you know it pis yet you bring it up again and again it pathetic. THIS IS THE REASON PEOPLE ON HERE FIND YOU IGNORANT AND CONSTANTLY INSULT YOU.

Logan would and could stomp either of them the vast majority putting him clearly above there level.

his damage soaking alone puts him beyond street level.

Badabing
Batman, Captain America, Daredevil, Green Arrow, etc are what I consider street level heroes.

norrinradd43
Street Level: Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Bullseye, Nick Fury, Gambit in marvel anyway...I guess they could be defined as people who would mop the floor with street thugs under just about any circumstances but cant really compete with the next tier of heros however, they can make great additions to teams.

I think guys like Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spiderman, Black Panther, Winter Soldier and Captain America are above street leveler.

Soljer
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Street Level: Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Bullseye, Nick Fury, Gambit in marvel anyway...I guess they could be defined as people who would mop the floor with street thugs under just about any circumstances but cant really compete with the next tier of heros however, they can make great additions to teams.

I think guys like Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spiderman, Black Panther, Winter Soldier and Captain America are above street leveler.

That's all well and good, except that Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Shang Chi could all beat Black Panther, Winter Soldier, and Captain America.

And Iron Fist HAS beaten Luke Cage on more than one occasion.

In other words...your definition kinda fails.

norrinradd43
I dont think DD, shang chi, and iron fist would beat black panther for a majority under any circumstances or cap for that matter...winter soldier was going out on a limb for ranking him above stre4et level. Iron Fist beat cage before his upgrade btw...cage is now about class 25 when before he was in the 1-5 ton range...he was also able to knock the wrecker out with his own crowbar.

Battlehammer
norrin I do not agree with u

jrodslam
Originally posted by grey fox
My opinion on 'Street Levler'

Strength - Five Tons and under

Durability - 3-10 sticks of tnt and under

Speed - 25mph and under

Agility - Arrow dodging , possibly bullet dodging and under

Energy Projection - 50 sticks of TNT and under (Or enough to blast through 35 tanks with major difficulty)

I agree with this for the most part. Id change a couple things here and there.

grey fox
Originally posted by jrodslam
I agree with this for the most part. Id change a couple things here and there.

Such as ?

jrodslam
Originally posted by grey fox
Such as ?

Id lower the strength and energy projection.

5 tons is a lot for a street lvl character imo. Id probably say 2 and under. Kingpin is probably the strongest street level character there is i think and his strength feats are impressive. Others like Cap and Bats would probably be the closest thing next to that. Anyone higher than KP is easily pushing superhuman. Energy projection wise, anything close to 50 stincks of tnt is also pretty high. Although lack in durability may lower the character to street level, i think that having such a powerful projectile automatically puts them on a higher level. Just my opinion.erm

grey fox
Originally posted by jrodslam
Id lower the strength and energy projection.

5 tons is a lot for a street lvl character imo. Id probably say 2 and under. Kingpin is probably the strongest street level character there is i think and his strength feats are impressive. Others like Cap and Bats would probably be the closest thing next to that. Anyone higher than KP is easily pushing superhuman. Energy projection wise, anything close to 50 stincks of tnt is also pretty high. Although lack in durability may lower the character to street level, i think that having such a powerful projectile automatically puts them on a higher level. Just my opinion.erm

No I agree, I was having difficulty in trying to determine the correct number.

TricksterPriest
The way Danny's going with that book, we may have to bump him up a tier or two. stick out tongue

Soljer
He was very easily one of the highest streets before the book, even without the Iron Fist. Hell, he was almost meta just because of his damage potential.

After this current run, he may make it to low meta. Yo no se.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.