Transformers Movie Reviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt
Post what you think of it smile

IMO, 11/10. Loved everything about it, more movies should be made like this.

Perfect example of an action blockbuster. Good usage of comedy...not too forced, not overused, Shia LaBeouf plays those parts pretty well. If this movie doesnt win an award for visual effects I'll be surprised and disappointed. The story was well produced, didnt really dwell on irrelevant crap for too long, stayed to the point and kept moving.
Only minor annoyance was the Aussie analyst chick....I hate listening to Australian accent in movies, so irritating.. laughing out loud

Newjak

Mišt
Originally posted by Newjak
I have to wait another week to see it but dang it if you didn't make me want to see it more stick out tongue

Its good dd So good I must go at least twice more over the weekend dd

I've forgotten their names, but the Scorpion Decepticon and the heavy weapons Autobot were probably my favourites. Bumblebee vs the cop car Decepticon was a pretty sweet fight scene.

Newjak

DeVi| D0do
This was the most ****ing fun I've had in a movie theater in ages!

Sure, it suffers a bit from Bay's schizophrenic camera and soppy drama but it's totally tolerable here as opposed to many of his other films.

Shia LaBeouf is a star. Totally carries the whole film.

It's hilarious too!

9/10

Menetnashté

Impediment
It not released here unitl July 3rd. sad

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Impediment
It not released here unitl July 3rd. sad
I know, we have to wait a whole nother week. no

Mišt

PiruBlood
how the hell did you guys see it a week early?

Impediment
Originally posted by PiruBlood
how the hell did you guys see it a week early?

Because they don't live in North America.

K3VIL
10/10 to this movie.
Great in every sense, from CGI, to casting, and the fighting scenes, hearing the Decepticons and the Autobots speaking, I kinda freaked out.Can't waint to watch it again.

Menetnashté
How did Hugo do on Megatron's voice?

Scythe
Still have to wait...

stickman618

Scythe
Almost here.

Impediment
I read a cover story in the Fri/Sat/Sun edition of USA Today about the Transformers movie, and it let loose a spoiler I wish I hadn't read.

Apparently, in the new 2007 movie, Optimus Prime and Megatron are brothers. So I read.

Scythe
Apparently, in the new 2007 movie, Optimus Prime and Megatron are brothers. So I read.

Ah shit, seriously? That doesn't impair nor disregard my attention, but my god!

DeVi| D0do
I think Megatron calls Prime "brother" at some stage during a fight, but I don't know if it's literal. It's not a big plot point, at any rate.

stickman618
I read a cover story in the Fri/Sat/Sun edition of USA Today about the Transformers movie, and it let loose a spoiler I wish I hadn't read.

if your talking about this movie, the one that i just saw, the one everyone is talking about...

then you're wrong

i don't think anyone is stupid enough to twist the TF story that much...

except maybe Brett Ratner

Mišt

Nah, it was just like in ROTS when Palpatine calls Anakin 'son', its not meant to be taken as a fact, just a passing comment.

stickman618
SERIOUSLY!! DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. THEY'RE NOT CALLED SPOILERS FOR NOTHING!!!

Megatron could still have a tiny fragment of the allspark

maybe enough to make him Galvatron in the next movie

Impediment
Originally posted by stickman618
SERIOUSLY!! DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. THEY'RE NOT CALLED SPOILERS FOR NOTHING!!!

Megatron could still have a tiny fragment of the allspark

maybe enough to make him Galvatron in the next movie

I highly doubt that the producers will jump the shark this early in the multi-million dollar franchise that hasn't even begun to take off yet.

Killing off Optimus Prime, making Rodimus Prime the new Autobot leader, and converting Megatron into Galvatron is what originally helped to destroy the Transformers franchise after the release of the 1986 animated movie. Myself included, fans abound hated it.

ragesRemorse
i just watched this movie online. Pretty special effects but otherwise meh, for me

Scythe
Still a day away.

Emma718

xNIXSONx
Transformers fkin AMAZING, an intense epic film, the only letdown as during the credits or end i expected the original theme to kick in with the drums n sht just like the 80s film

darthmaul1
just got out of the theater 30min ago. 2 words frigin awsome.
funny, lots of action and no snoozer parts. I was kind of worried cause it's michael bay. he is sometimes hit and miss
badboys= hit
the rock=hit
armaggedon=miss
pearl harbor=miss
badboys2=miss
the island=hit
transformers=HIT
alot of fun to watch.

Mišt

Emma718

stickman618

nimbus006
I dont even know how to put into words how incredible this movie was... no question 10/10. There's not one scene i didnt love. IM going to put this movie in my top 5 ever.

Quincy
yo stay for the credits!

Theres a big thing there.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Quincy
yo stay for the credits!

Theres a big thing there.

Stay for the first 2 or 5 minutes of the credits then you can go. there is nothing after that.

Scythe
Will do.

super pr*xy
this movie was beyond 10/10... even beyond 11/10. one of the best movies ever to come out this year... probably many more years to come. with all the money this film is going to rake in, there will be a definite sequel. i hope the go exponentially awesome like LOTR.

i noted the allspark created evil bots too. it may have a direct coreletion with the matrix as stickman said.

another great move was casting the original voice of prime in the cartoon series... peter cullen. i had no idea hugo was NBE 1 aka megatron as they call it.

ragesRemorse
dont know why, but still prefer the animated movie.

stickman618
Originally posted by super pr*xy
i noted the allspark created evil bots too. it may have a direct coreletion with the matrix as stickman said.

it would explain why it regenerated frenzy but not bumblebee

i'm gonna watch it again with my friends on friday,

and again with my family on saturday

i've never watched the same movie more than once in the cinema before, but i can't just sit back and wait for it to come out on VCD or DVD eek!

i'd watch it by myself if i had to

its just that cool big grin

DragonWoman
I saw it a yesterday night with a good friend of mine, we drove close to 30mins away from where we'd originally planned to see it just to get good seats at our preferred time...and it was worth the petrol...I loved the movie...and I agree with others...it surpasses even 11/10

There were some inconsistencies that (if a sequel is made) will most likely be somewhat ironed out...needless to say I'll be watching this one again, AND I'll be staying for the 5 minutes into the credits next time LOL
I wanna see whats so BIG that I missed out on the first time stick out tongue

darthmaul1
this is what you missed

2 interviews with sam's parents and starscream getting away

Strangelove
Two words...

UTTERLY AMAZING FANTASTIC EXCITING HAIR-RAISING ACTION AWESOME SPECIAL EFFECTS GOOD ACTING HUMOR PETER CULLEN RULES SPECTACULAR

wait....that was more than two words.....damn

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Strangelove
Two words...

UTTERLY AMAZING FANTASTIC EXCITING HAIR-RAISING ACTION AWESOME SPECIAL EFFECTS GOOD ACTING HUMOR PETER CULLEN RULES SPECTACULAR

wait....that was more than two words.....damn

more than two words? i believe its just more than meets the eye roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strangelove
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
more than two words? i believe its just more than meets the eye roll eyes (sarcastic) Maybe it was two words in disguise sly

R.Marrero
This has got to be the Best movie of the Summer. The voice over of the autobots was amazing. The action intense from begining to end. I know my leg cramped up from not moving through out the film. By far Michael Bay's best film since Armaggedon.

Schecter
i feel like roddy piper in 'they live' except instead of seeing aliens that everyone else cant, i see crap.

The big EH
i give it 4 1/2 stars, would have gotten 5 but Bays directing brought it down, some of the shots were bad

Lady Flex
Ah ok, I saw the first part of that but not the last...ah well...smile

super pr*xy
Originally posted by stickman618
it would explain why it regenerated frenzy but not bumblebee

i j ust saw it again and i've been having a hard time wwrapping my mind around that since prime said at the beginning that the allspark created everything in cybertron. if that was true, the effects of the allspark could be a plothole... another theory would be that the life force given out by the allspark just creates robots with the basic instinct to survive, hence all the violence. i dunno... getting a bit off topic here...

stickman618
maybe its like beast machines

after they're created OP has to "reformat" them using the AMOL

super pr*xy
could be... but how did the matrix came about if the allspark only created evil bots?

could it possibly be evolution?

Scythe
Hmm...

Newjak
Loved the movie a definite 10/10 in my book. The special effects were top notch I can not think of a movie before that has had these good of graphics.

The plot was good and it seemed to flow very well.

I'm sorry but the opening scene when the Helicopter Transformed and tanks were flying was awesome

illadelph12
Just got back from Transformers. I was thoroughly satisfied. This movie is extremely entertaining. The action scenes are intense and the humor mixed in is spot on and doesn't make the film cheesy at all, it's perfect for keeping the tone light (it is a story about an intergalactic war after all).

My only gripes were:

Frenzy - Rumble and Frenzy, from the cartoon, were the hotheaded cassette bots that came out of Soundwave (the two little robots with arms that turned into pile drivers). They murdered his characterization and made him basically comic relief.

Jazz - They made his characterization thug-like. Not so much a gripe as a laughing He's the the robot 50 Cent.

Devastator - Completely changed him. Devastator in the cartoon was the name of the composite giant robot the Constructicons formed when they combined. I think they may have changed him in the newer cartoon or something.

Megatron - Other than the fact they turned him into Cyclonus from Transformers: The Animated Movie, Megatron was dope. Wish he had more battle scenes.

Scorponok - Another murdered character. In the cartoons Scorponok was a general and even was leader of the Decepticons for a while. They made him into an add-on of Blackout (the helicopter robot, who was dope).

Starscream - Needed more Starscream action. What was shown was really good though.

They have a lot of material to use for sequels. I have a feeling that the way the film ended is going to have ramifications.

All in all, I give it a 4.75/5. I'd give it a 5 if I wasn't a fan of Transformers and didn't go into it with my own opinion of how things should have been. It was a great action movie. I recommend it. I'm going to see it again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

On the rumor tip, word on message boards is that 2-3 sequels are already being negotiated and that some major players could be added (Soundwave, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Tidalwave , The Constructicons, and Unicron for the finale).

If they pull it off this could be an all-time great franchise for popcorn action flicks.

Newjak
Originally posted by illadelph12
Just got back from Transformers. I was thoroughly satisfied. This movie is extremely entertaining. The action scenes are intense and the humor mixed in is spot on and doesn't make the film cheesy at all, it's perfect for keeping the tone light (it is a story about an intergalactic war after all).

My only gripes were:

Frenzy - Rumble and Frenzy, from the cartoon, were the hotheaded cassette bots that came out of Soundwave (the two little robots with arms that turned into pile drivers). They murdered his characterization and made him basically comic relief.

Jazz - They made his characterization thug-like. Not so much a gripe as a laughing He's the the robot 50 Cent.

Devastator - Completely changed him. Devastator in the cartoon was the name of the composite giant robot the Constructicons formed when they combined. I think they may have changed him in the newer cartoon or something.

Megatron - Other than the fact they turn him into Cyclonus from Transformers: The Animated Movie, Megatron was dope. Wish he had more battle scenes.

Scorponok - Another murdered character. In the cartoons Scorponok was a general and even was leader of the Decepticons for a while. They made him into an add-on of Blackout (the helicopter robot, who was dope).

Starscream - Needed more Starscream action. What was shown was really good though.

They have a lot of material to use for sequels. I have a feeling that the way the film ended is going to have ramification.

All in all, I give it a 4.75/5. I'd give it a 5 if I wasn't a fan of Transformers and didn't go into it with my own opinion of how things should have been. It was a great action movie. I recommend it. I'm going to see it again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

On the rumor tip, word on message boards is that 2-3 sequels are already being negotiated and that some major players could be added (Soundwave, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Tidalwave , The Constructicons, and Unicron for the finale).

If they pull it off this could be an all-time great franchise for popcorn action flicks. My big gripes about the film are:

-I really didn't like how the humans were actually able to hurt the Transformers sometimes way to easily.

-I think that in some instances the Transformers power levels jumped around mostly for plot sake.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I think Megatron calls Prime "brother" at some stage during a fight, but I don't know if it's literal. It's not a big plot point, at any rate.
I didnt take it literal either. Im sure he meant "brother" as saying they were from the same species.

Anyways, the movie was awesome. I was like a kid in a giant toy store when Optimus Prime first appeared in screen. Shia was awesome as well and I was glad the squad of soldiers lasted the whole movie. Im goign to the theather again this weekend. This movie is worth it!

Strangelove

My only gripes were:

Megatron - Other than the fact they turned him into Cyclonus from Transformers: The Animated Movie, Megatron was dope. Wish he had more battle scenes.

They have a lot of material to use for sequels. I have a feeling that the way the film ended is going to have ramifications.

If they pull it off this could be an all-time great franchise for popcorn action flicks. This is a classic example of fanboy nitpickery

ragesRemorse
I think The three points which really dragged the movie down for me Was the dialogue the score and of course the all spark.

I know its a transformers movie, so there shouldnt have been any high expectations on the dialogue. I believe they should have taken a bit more care with the crafting. The actors did a good job at masking how inept the dialogue actually was though.

I know Micheal bay only has or knows three different angles as a director, but one would have to imagine that he could dig up more than the same god damn score for each one of his movies. I truly feel that the score hurt this movie a great deal. It was the same crappy repetitive sloppy emotional score he uses in all of his movies along with jerry bruckhiemer. In battle sequences of two imposing gilioths, you atleast need a score that has some kind of creschendo, instead of a monatone pulse.

The alspark, there really isnt nothing to say here. Just a cheap way to throw a plot together qucikly so time could be focused on the cgi.

For these three minor complaints which add up to moumental faults, The movie had great engaging action due only to the special effects. Thought the voice acting was aces, and tehre were a few little goodies thrown in for the old school fans. Thats about it on the pros for me so in other owrds....CGI special effects. There is no other reason to see this movie, unless you like the shit that micheal bay creates

stickman618
this movie was a good blend of action, comedy, romance, cool cars, and giant robots

what's not to like?

Schecter
This is a classic example of fanboy nitpickery

is this really necessary? i think the movie was utter shit, but im not calling you a michael bay fanboy.

Impediment
I loved it. Peter Cullen made the movie with his amazing voice.

4.5/5

xNIXSONx

My only gripes were:

If they pull it off this could be an all-time great franchise for popcorn action flicks.

-Frenzy played a big role in the film, not only obtaining valuable data for the decepticons but finding the location of the allspark.

-just cuz Jazz is voiced by an african american doesn't make him a 'thug'

-there was no Devastator character in the movie at all...

Strangelove
Originally posted by Schecter
is this really necessary? i think the movie was utter shit, but im not calling you a michael bay fanboy. Well...I'm not a Bay fanboy, so you would be incorrect in doing so.

nimbus006
is this really necessary? i think the movie was utter shit, but im not calling you a michael bay fanboy.

Im pretty open minded and can understand you having an opinion and not liking the movie. Fine maybe it just didnt suit your taste, but to say that it was utter shit i mean thats a little ridiculous. Even if you didnt like it you have to be impressed with the CGI and the action sequences which is enough to make it at the very least entertaining. In my opinion (which i know doesnt mean shit to you, but im gonna tell you anyway) I thought this movie was out of control good. The acting was a little better than average, the script was good, the FX were awesome, it was funny as hell, but it was the actual Transformers that did it for me. Each of them had such a cool personality, and they were so insane looking. 10/10 for me.

SpaceMonkey
-Frenzy played a big role in the film, not only obtaining valuable data for the decepticons but finding the location of the allspark.

Ummm, Devastator WAS in the movie. It was the tank.

BlueDMighty

I thought the Movie was "Fizmotastic" 9.5/10

Frenzy wasn't bad. After seeing it a 2nd time he kind of reminded me of Ravage (the way he moved), and Laser Beak. Plus he ignited the old hatred I had for both spy tapes when I was a kid.

Jazz mad I was PISSED. Not at the characterization (although, He was 2nd in command under Prime on Earth in G1 just in case noone remembered) I actually liked the attitude.

But at the fact that he died (arguably) the worst death in the Movie.

He was the coolest Transformer on screen next to Prime and Bumble Bee (I was skepticle but they made it work), and had THE COOLEST trasnformation animation out of every body.

Not to mention he was the ONLY one that wanted to go get Bumble Bee.

Rachet was a BUM.

Who did he fix?

Iron Hide was a BUSTER (I had a problem with his voice/ came off Wolverineish).

After all that "Gun" talk did he shoot, hit, and kill anybody?

Devastator was a tank.

and his left arm (Bone Crusher) was the huge millitary construction vehicle

Schecter
Originally posted by nimbus006
Im pretty open minded and can understand you having an opinion and not liking the movie. Fine maybe it just didnt suit your taste, but to say that it was utter shit i mean thats a little ridiculous. Even if you didnt like it you have to be impressed with the CGI and the action sequences which is enough to make it at the very least entertaining.

no. i require a decent plot to be entertained. im not easily ooh'd and aaah'd by cgi. i realise that im a minority in that respect, but still doesnt change my opinion.

Well...I'm not a Bay fanboy, so you would be incorrect in doing so.

im sure i would be. the point i made was throwing out baseless and irrelevant accusations to discredit an opinion. so no, i dont think you're a bay fanboy. now you understand the point i was making, im sure

SpaceMonkey
BLUE!!! Spoilers, bro!!! LOL, some haven't seen it yet!!! laughing

BlaxicanHydra
Don't mind PVS, he gets prissy when he doesn't get his head.

I thought this movie was fvcking off the wall fantastic, 10/10.

The action was great, the acting was good, and the actors were good choice (Did anyone else find the girl to actually be pretty hot?).

What really got me was how human they made the Autobots seem at times, it was hilarious the way they were hiding outside the house from the parents.

And as for the action I guess one of my favorite parts was when Starscream intercepted the F-22's and started taking them out one by one, each time pretending to be part of the squadron.

I can't wait for the sequel big grin

SpaceMonkey
OMG!!! How do you post spoilers like that??!!! I have something to post but cannot figure out how to do it without spoiling the movie. I'm dying!!! LOL

sithsaber408
This is the best movie of the summer, tied with 300 for best movie of the year (so far) and watching it was the best time I've had in a theatre since the premier of Revenge of the Sith.

That is all.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
OMG!!! How do you post spoilers like that??!!! I have something to post but cannot figure out how to do it without spoiling the movie. I'm dying!!! LOL

(Spoiler) Put what you want to say here (/Spoiler)

Replace the () with

BlueDMighty
BLUE!!! Spoilers, bro!!! LOL, some haven't seen it yet!!! laughing

I apologize. My bad.

Schecter
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Don't mind PVS, he gets prissy when he doesn't get his head.

what, for giving my opinion? oh i guess people who didnt like the movie have no right to an opinion or out come the personal jabs.

ZOMG DIS MOVIE ROXX MA SOXXX LOLZ!!!11

is that better?

BlaxicanHydra
What boggles my mind is that you could just ask Backfire. Why make yourself suffer?

SpaceMonkey
test

SpaceMonkey

And as for the action I guess one of my favorite parts was when Starscream intercepted the F-22's and started taking them out one by one, each time pretending to be part of the squadron.

I can't wait for the sequel big grin

OK, did anyone else notice in the above scene that Starscream became one of the jets and helped kill Megatron? Or was that just me hoping for nostalgia?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Transformers was very good.

illadelph12

Ok, allow me to retort then:

-Frenzy was still not anything like his original adaptation and was made into a lil oddball Jar-Jar Binx-esque character. Not to the point I wish he was out of the film, but his new depiction wasn't loyal to the original at all. I give it a pass because I know Bay couldn't pull this off being 100% loyal, it's a personal taste issue.

-Being a 27 year old African American male myself I have no problem with the character being voiced by a brotha. However, the original Jazz from the cartoon was more akin to Ozone from the Breakin' films (streetwise, yet mello) than the 50 Cent-esque depiction in the new film (hot-headed, foul mouthed street cat). Granted, it's now 2007, but the disparity between the old persona and the newer adaptation is striking, and there's a full spectrum of persona's within my demographic they could have pulled from, particularly considering Jazz was a peaceful autobot. Hell, his main weapon was his sound system in the original cartoon.

-Devastator was the codename of the tank Decepticon (who is actually supposed to be named "Brawl"wink. He even said as much when the Decepticon's had a role call after Frenzy had located the Allspark and Starscream had the Decepticons check in for duty.

But you know that because you saw the same film...

=Tired Hiker=
Now, to say that Transformers is the greatest movie ever made is quite bold. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but when I left the theatre after seeing Transformers, I left that theater feeling totally satisfied. I couldn't wait to call my best friend who now lives in another state and explain to him that this movie brought me back to the times when he and I would wait in line for hours to see T-2, or the first Batman, back when Summer blockbusters truly delivered. Now, I've seen Die Hard 4, Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, and the Fantastic Four 2, as well as Transformers, but Transformers was the only Summer blockbuster that totally delivered, it's the only Summer blockbuster that I will go see again while it's still in theaters. I'll at least see it one more time, probably two, then I'll buy the DVD. Of course the movie is formulaic, of course it's unrealistic, but I didn't think about that while watching it because going into it you know it's about a bunch of toys made by Hasbro, so with that disclaimer I was able to ease my seat back, smack on my popcorn and go for an awesome ride. I put this movie up there with Empire Strikes Back and the first Die Hard, as far as action/adventure goes. I was truly swept away. I even got teary eyed when Optimus Prime spoke a few times and when Bumble Bee was being tortured. I loved Transformers. The characters were also perfect. Shia LeBouf is a great actor, they couldn't go wrong with him. He had me convinced back when he was Louis Steven in Even Stevens. The cameos and gags were perfect too, Bernie Mac . . . hilarious, that kid with the video camera who says "This blows Armageddon away!" . . . omg, I totally lol'd. Transformers is the perfect blend of everything a Summer blockbuster should be. It more than meets the eye, it touches the heart strings as well.

xNIXSONx
Ok, allow me to retort then:

-Frenzy was still not anything like his original adaptation and was made into a lil oddball Jar-Jar Binx-esque character. Not to the point I wish he was out of the film, but his new depiction wasn't loyal to the original at all. I give it a pass because I know Bay couldn't pull this off being 100% loyal, it's a personal taste issue.

-Being a 27 year old African American male myself I have no problem with the character being voiced by a brotha. However, the original Jazz from the cartoon was more akin to Ozone from the Breakin' films (streetwise, yet mello) than the 50 Cent-esque depiction in the new film (hot-headed, foul mouthed street cat). Granted, it's now 2007, but the disparity between the old persona and the newer adaptation is striking, and there's a full spectrum of persona's within my demographic they could have pulled from, particularly considering Jazz was a peaceful autobot. Hell, his main weapon was his sound system in the original cartoon.

-Devastator was the codename of the tank Decepticon (who is actually supposed to be named "Brawl"wink. He even said as much when the Decepticon's had a role call after Frenzy had located the Allspark and Starscream had the Decepticons check in for duty.

But you know that because you saw the same film...

from the old cartoon i thought Jazz and IronHide sounded like cowboys but i probably mentioned that before, Im pretty sure i say Brawl as the name of the tank....and ill agree with the Frenzy being the jar jar of TFs in the film. but like i said before he did play a key role

Strangelove
im sure i would be. the point i made was throwing out baseless and irrelevant accusations to discredit an opinion. so no, i dont think you're a bay fanboy. now you understand the point i was making, im sure May....be? confused

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I even got teary eyed when Optimus Prime spoke a few times

My body tingled when Prime said on this day, one shall fall and one shall stand eek!

took me back to when i was seven years old when i was sitting on my living room floor watching the transformers animated movie for the first time, and saw prime rollin up in the broken city smackin down on on some decepticons, ultimately leading up to one of the greatest lines in any movie "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" Boner time

xNIXSONx
^i watched the movie 2 times and i just saw the commercial on and shivers went down my neck to my legs lol

fave parts when all the autobots headed to earth, get their alt forms and rollout to the back alley to meet up with bumblebee, sam and mikaela, intense epic soundtrack was amazing during that part

Muck101
I was born in 88, so I didn't grow up with the transformers movies. Though I do distinctly remember spending hours playing with the toys. So this was a big deal for me. Awesome fight scenes. I looked like a total a$$ in the theatre because I stood up and shouted "Hell yeah!" when Optimus' semi-truck first appeared on screen.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Muck101
I was born in 88, so I didn't grow up with the transformers movies. Though I do distinctly remember spending hours playing with the toys. So this was a big deal for me. Awesome fight scenes. I looked like a total a$$ in the theatre because I stood up and shouted "Hell yeah!" when Optimus' semi-truck first appeared on screen.

i almost cried during that part smile such a beautiful scene lol

InnerRise
So I went and saw the movie today.

Being that it was the first of the Franchise, it was understood that it would probably be slow with all of the introductions and explanations.

I would have preferred the beginning to middle to be more entertaining and action packed.

I'm glad to say though that the ending action definitely made up for the slow beginning and middle parts.

The next one should be much better and actiony all throughout.

Even though I wasn't expecting it, I was so glad that they threw in that Air Battle/Fight at the end with Starscream. It was so obvious once seeing it that it should have been in there being that he's Jet.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, would have liked the beginning and middle to have more action and I hope the next movie doesn't save all of the action for the end and spreads it all throughout.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

WO Polaski
I thought this was a good movie.

InnerRise
Originally posted by WO Polaski
I thought this was a good movie. Very Thorough.

no expression

BlaxicanHydra
lol

If even Innerrise likes this movie then it must be damn good.

InnerRise
lol

If even Innerrise likes this movie then it must be damn good. What are you saying? I appreciate good movies.

I'm not hard to please.

pfft

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

R.Marrero
I went back and saw it again today. I...... just had to. Optimus was awesome. This is what Summer is suppose to be about. Fun and lots of it.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise

Being that it was the first of the Franchise, it was understood that it would probably be slow with all of the introductions and explanations.

If there is one thing the movie would have benefited from, it would have been more in depth introductions, even though they were fine enough

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If there is one thing the movie would have benefited from, it would have been more in depth introductions, even though they were fine enough Yeah, there could have been a little bit more explaining, but being that I went to see this movie more for the action than anything else, I'm fine with what was given.

Impediment
The only thing I absolutley hated was how Megatron was activated more than halfway through the movie, and then, just as quickly, was defeated. The same can also be said with Bonecrusher's fight with Prime on the freeway. Even if he was a throwaway character, just to have a cool action sequence/fight with Prime, it could have been a shade longer than it was.

Although it was cool when Prime activated his sword and stabbed Bonecrusher in the head.

xNIXSONx
The only thing I absolutley hated was how Megatron was activated more than halfway through the movie, and then, just as quickly, was defeated. The same can also be said with Bonecrusher's fight with Prime on the freeway. Even if he was a throwaway character, just to have a cool action sequence/fight with Prime, it could have been a shade longer than it was.

Although it was cool when Prime activated his sword and stabbed Bonecrusher in the head.

you guys remember Beast Wars when they get new people they come down in pods and like whomever the Maximals or Predacons get to it first thats what that thing becomes, is that the thing the autobots came to earth in (in the movie)

The big EH
i think the only downfall was bays directing made alot of action scenes hard to follow

darthmaul1

I would have preferred the beginning to middle to be more entertaining and action packed.

I'm glad to say though that the ending action definitely made up for the slow beginning and middle parts.

The next one should be much better and actiony all throughout.

Even though I wasn't expecting it, I was so glad that they threw in that Air Battle/Fight at the end with Starscream. It was so obvious once seeing it that it should have been in there being that he's Jet.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, would have liked the beginning and middle to have more action and I hope the next movie doesn't save all of the action for the end and spreads it all throughout.

Did you go see the same movie??
Jesus... there was action through the whole thing.
and the begining? no action??? I guess that decepticon just popped in and asked for the computer core or what ever that was

Mr. Sandman
no. i require a decent plot to be entertained. im not easily ooh'd and aaah'd by cgi. i realise that im a minority in that respect, but still doesnt change my opinion.

I guess you hated every cartoon when you where a child then. This plot could have been a few episodes of the original cartoon, it was so shallow.

The point of the movie wasn't the plot. It was the Transformers.

Mairuzu
OK, did anyone else notice in the above scene that Starscream became one of the jets and helped kill Megatron? Or was that just me hoping for nostalgia?

Yea lol im almost 100% sure he was shooting at megatron also, some have a debate on that and i think its possible... why wouldnt he lol! hes friggin starscream!

btw all hail Grimlock.....

Impediment
Optimus Prime, in my honest opinion, should have been portrayed with his original mouth covering/mask instead of with a moving mouth.

I don't want to sound like too much of a fanboy but.........

BlaxicanHydra
I agree, actually. I was waiting for the mask to like slide up when the camera zoomed in on his face for the first time.

stickman618
^ it is there when he's in battle mode

i just watched it again and the last i saw of barricade was on the bridge/highway... whatever

and yeahstarscream destroyed a few and then transformed and led them to Megatron

i already have my own idaes for the next two movies!!

stickman618
ok, here goes
(i'm gonna assume everyone has already seen this one)
TRANSFORMERS2

megatron manages to become galvatron because he still has a tiny piece of the allspark with him. He'll be very much like his g1 incarnation, he'll be a "one shot kill" cannon but with the exception that he'll also be able to become a jet, and while in this form and robot mode, he can't do "one shot kill".

meanwhile, the autobots find a way to make energon out of the things earth considers to be "garbage". and this machine transforms into Prime's back compartment thing.

the plot will revolve around the decepticons wanting to grab a hold of the energon machine to create weapons out of energon.

as usual i can't be bothered with detail so use your imaginationstick out tongue

i would also like ultra magnus to be in this movie as a flat nose truck

nimbus006

What about the plot did you find not up to par?

Was there not good character development?

Did it not flow well?

I thought from begginning to end the story developed and carried pretty well. Mix in great action and CGI with a great blend of humor and you have a quality summer block buster.

Mišt

Yeah, that was a bit of a let down. I think they threw in too many characters at once, so by the time everything was done and the plot moved along, Megatron didnt have much time left. Could have semi defeated him and kept him for #2, but hopefully they have an equally badass character in the next. I thought the slo mo fight with (Iron Hide?) jumping around and twisting was better than Megatron's scenes erm

And that sword was mad dd Should have used it more.

InnerRise
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Did you go see the same movie??
Jesus... there was action through the whole thing.
and the begining? no action??? I guess that decepticon just popped in and asked for the computer core or what ever that was I said I wanted it to have MORE action.

I didn't say the beginning and middle had NO ACTION AT ALL.

xNIXSONx
the beginning started with the battle in Qatar n Blackout how is that not enough action in the beginning

BlueDMighty
Saw it a sceond time.
did anybody else notice:

Jazz jumps on Devestator
like Kup jumped on Blitz Wing in TM.
(Coolest fight scenes go to BB, Prime,and Jazz)

The major conflict between Autobots and Decepticons takes place at a Dam like in G1.
(Oil platform might be in #2)

Cube of energy = Energeon Cube

The "Test box" (the one they put the phone in) looked like an Energeon Cube from the cartoon.

Star Scream did shoot at Megatron.

Then took off for Space.

InnerRise
the beginning started with the battle in Qatar n Blackout how is that not enough action in the beginning Please read ALL of my message and not bits and pieces, then comment on it if you like.

xNIXSONx
Please read ALL of my message and not bits and pieces, then comment on it if you like.

crap, sorry lol

Scythe
Recently saw it, it was F*ckin' amazing. That's all I have to say about it.

Magee
Yea I was blown away by the greatness of this movie. I watched transfomers as a kid, im not a huge fan or anything but this film was pretty damn good. I hope they make an even better sequel.

Scythe
I seriously doubt the next film will live up to the first film.

stickman618
i really hope they'll have the costructicons
and that big thing they all merge into

(although i hope when they do merge, its nothing like power rangers)

and astrotrain could be a bullet train/space shuttle

Barricade might still be there

last i saw of him was on the highway, and i don't think he's dead. we didn't actually see scorponok die either

Menetnashté
Saw this yesterday friggin' best movie I've seen since 300. Only thing I didn't like was that the longest action sequences were humans vs. Robots. Not Autobots vs. Decepticons. I mean, Bonecrusher got wooped the first minute he was on screen.( which was irritating after all the build up for his character. Barricade, Bumblebee and Barricade's fight, though I missed some since a person was texting right beside me, seemed cool but it wasn't long enough, Frenzy's struggle took up more time. Blackout, had a great beginning scene but then got killed by like one soldier. Starscream didn't really even do much besides shooting Meg's and taking out some jets. Megatron had a decent fight one of the better one's I was happy with it's length. And Brawl had probably if not the best one of the best fights.

I only have two questions. What happened to Ratchet and Iron Hide during the final fight? And why didn't barricade appear at the battle.

BlaxicanHydra

Did it not flow well?

I thought from begginning to end the story developed and carried pretty well. Mix in great action and CGI with a great blend of humor and you have a quality summer block buster.

Well ya see, it's been proven that you can't have good CGI and action, and have good plot in the same movie. AT least, thats what critics say. IF the movie's too fun then there's no plot. There can only be plot if the movie is boring.

super pr*xy

Scythe

xNIXSONx
yeah IronHide and Ratchet were helping cover Sam til he got into the building from there (as super pr*xy said), they probably took on some off screen battle and found Jazz, while Megatron followed Sam n crap. Barricade proabbly fell back on his own being the rag tag group they are the decepticons dont really have each others backs.

InnerRise
Why did Starscream fire at Megatron?

illadelph12
Well ya see, it's been proven that you can't have good CGI and action, and have good plot in the same movie. AT least, thats what critics say. IF the movie's too fun then there's no plot. There can only be plot if the movie is boring.

What about the first and second Matrix films? That would seem to contradict contemporary logic.

illadelph12

Starscream and Megatron pretty much hate eachother. It's part of their character history. Starscream feels he'd be a better leader of the Decepticons and is always insubordinate and disrespectful to Megatron. Plus Starscream is probably the least trustworthy Decepticon of them all (not that you can trust any of them anyway). In the cartoon when Starscream had a falling out with Megatron and was banished he went to an island with some old World War II surplus vehicles and created the Combaticons to destroy Megatron and take over leadership of the Decepticons (in the cartoon Starscream created "Brawl", the tank Decepticon, who was "Devastator" in the film).

Menetnashté

He was always doing that, in G1 anyway, he usually got his arse handed to him for trying it though.

InnerRise
Being that I didn't watch the original, it's just so strange to me. He has a history of attempting to kill Megatron over and over again and still Megatron and Starscream continue to cooperate together, if only partly.

It's just silly.

Newjak
Starscream and Megatron pretty much hate eachother. It's part of their character history. Starscream feels he'd be a better leader of the Decepticons and is always insubordinate and disrespectful to Megatron. Plus Starscream is probably the least trustworthy Decepticon of them all (not that you can trust any of them anyway). In the cartoon when Starscream had a falling out with Megatron and was banished he went to an island with some old World War II surplus vehicles and created the Combaticons to destroy Megatron and take over leadership of the Decepticons (in the cartoon Starscream created "Brawl", the tank Decepticon, who was "Devastator" in the film). As for why Megatron never got rid of Starscream. It's because Megatron knew that as long as the Decepticons were loyal to him Starscream wouldn't try to many things. That and Megatronwould pimp slap all day in a fight.

But the reason why Megatron needed him. Well elt;s face it early one they had small numbers and needed all the power they could get. And for all his cowardice, Bumbling, and failing Starscream was and has always been a very good warrior and in a War you need good warriors.

Menetnashté
Being that I didn't watch the original, it's just so strange to me. He has a history of attempting to kill Megatron over and over again and still Megatron and Starscream continue to cooperate together, if only partly.

It's just silly.

Megatron knows Starscream's abilities in battle, he's a worthy ally, and Megatron can keep him in order. Starscream isn't very bright, though he had his moments, so Megatron figures he can control him.

darthmaul1
I said I wanted it to have MORE action.

I didn't say the beginning and middle had NO ACTION AT ALL.

??? not sure what more action you could be looking for at the beginning??
The decepticon destroyed the frigin base and then the fight in the desert was totally cool.

InnerRise
??? not sure what more action you could be looking for at the beginning??
The decepticon destroyed the frigin base and then the fight in the desert was totally cool. Just to clarify, the beginning ecompasses more than just the battle at the very begin at the base.

That's just a part of the beginning. This is a 2 hour + movie and a lot of the beginning AND MIDDLE (read all of the post) was kind of bland and just had me wondering when we'd get back to the autobots and decepticons and away from the people.

Dreamt

His first line of dialogue is "Sup bitches."

stickman618
^ that's what he considers the epitome of stylish/cool on earth
same can be said for his reason for choosing the sports car as his disguise

his motto is "if not worth doing in style... then it's not worth doing"

Schecter

Did it not flow well?

yes on character developement (or even existance in this case)
as for flow, i felt that there was none. all i gathered was the following:
there is the "all spark" a magical rubics cube which can turn any mechanical thing into a killer robot...converting electronic items consisting mostly of plastic on a molecular level into super-titanium killing machines...and sentient beings...and criminally insane decepticons, hellbent on killing humans...apparently. but all one has to do to kill any transformer is push it into their chest...great. so thats not the arc of the whole frikin movie is it? oh damn...it is.

and why did the decepticons want it to destroy life on earth?
just because? they apparently wouldnt have just taken off an retaken cybertron, as even the most evil, yet logically driven villain would have done. that would be too easy. in the G1 series megatron was not interested in killing humans and destroying the earth. they were INSIGNIFICANT to him as he only sought the means to get back to cyberton. sure, he gleefully killed any organic life that got in his way, but that was not his goal. because there was nothing for them to gain by destroying the earth, i really had no sense that the planet earth (or in the case of the movie, 'planet america", was in any real danger.

i wasnt asking for the G1 plot, but i also wasnt asking for the same old tired generic 'find the philosophers stone' plot, either. the decepticons were idiots as well as weak. the autobots were no more sympathetic than the decepticons, exceptions being prime and bumblebee. all we had to go on was "well, they're hanging out with prime, so they must be good....wait a minute...ironhide's about to murder a defenseless puppy...oh wait, now he's not...prime talked him out of it...hes a good guy....i guess."

i cant find a redeeming quality which saves the film. all that works for it is cullen along with 1984-1986 sentiment which bay uses as a crutch. and why borrow from the animated movie so blatantly? "one shall stand, and one shall fall"...only you wont be able to see how with all the quick cut shots and superficial human action sequences.

you really have nothing intelligent at all to say, do you? all you do is try to discredit anyone who doesnt share your opinion via strawman games.
its kind of annoying

nimbus006

and why did the decepticons want it to destroy life on earth?
just because?

Wasnt it b/c they wanted to use Earth's Technology to take over the Universe. Thats a direct quote from the movie i think. I guess Megatron wanted to use the All Spark to turn every technological machine into soldiers so he could create an army. Kind of like what happenned when the All spark turned that vending machine into a transformer. Also he probably wanted to destroy humans because they posed a threat to his plans.

Schecter
Wasnt it b/c they wanted to use Earth's Technology to take over the Universe. Thats a direct quote from the movie i think. I guess Megatron wanted to use the All Spark to turn every technological machine into soldiers so he could create an army. Kind of like what happenned when the All spark turned that vending machine into a transformer. Also he probably wanted to destroy humans because they posed a threat to his plans.

well there it is. precisely why i think the plot is horrible as well as nonsensical. the implication is that they NEED humans to create plastic devices so that they can use there magical 'create something from nothing' cube on them. because they're too stupid to make their own vending machines and camcorders.

it ruins it for me since this is not some superficial plot point...its THE plot.

nimbus006
well there it is. precisely why i think the plot is horrible as well as nonsensical. the implication is that they NEED humans to create plastic devices so that they can use there magical 'create something from nothing' cube on them. because they're too stupid to make their own vending machines and camcorders.

it ruins it for me since this is not some superficial plot point...its THE plot.

But there planet was tapped of all their resources. Thats the whole point, theres nothing left. Earth on the other hand already has a huge abudance of technology that they need. Its actually quite brillaint to be honest. Get someone else to do the work then steal it for your own purposes. You know how long it would take them to create the amount of tech that Earth already has?

darthmaul1
Just to clarify, the beginning ecompasses more than just the battle at the very begin at the base.

That's just a part of the beginning. This is a 2 hour + movie and a lot of the beginning AND MIDDLE (read all of the post) was kind of bland and just had me wondering when we'd get back to the autobots and decepticons and away from the people.

I guess we just have a difference of what is well paced and what wasn't
I didn't even look at my watch once, and thats one of the ways I know the movie isn't boring, cause it holds my attention.
But then again you are only 20 so you weren't even an itch in you dads pants when the TV show was on.

Schecter
But there planet was tapped of all their resources. Thats the whole point, theres nothing left. Earth on the other hand already has a huge abudance of technology that they need. Its actually quite brillaint to be honest. Get someone else to do the work then steal it for your own purposes. You know how long it would take them to create the amount of tech that Earth already has?

but the technology is unrelated. try taking apart an old cell phone. next time the vending machine guy is filling the machine with soda, check over his shoulder and see whats inside. its a hollow container and nothing more with a mechanism for collecting coins and dropping cans/bottles. they do not relate to the technology behind the transformers at all. the implication of the film is that the basis of their technology is their outer shell, as opposed to the super-advanced technology inside. they have it backwards.

i dont ask for a meticulous plot. i dont ask for absolute realism. i just ask for an interesting plot with few holes, and which makes sensewhile not insulting my intelligence.
a cel phone does contain mostly plastic: fact. a vending machine is a hallow box: fact. how do these become robots? MAGIC. well magic sucks in scifi, imho

its beyond me how so many people are comfortable with this.

nimbus006
Well IM not going to get into the science behind vending machines and cell phones, i was just stating that the reason they came to Earth was to use our tech to create an army b/c we have alot of it. Whether or not it makes sense for a cell phone to be able to turn into a robot...i dunno Im not an Engineer, and have no idea if thats possible. However, if im ok with watching giant talking robots, then i think i can deal with a vending machine turning into one via a cube that suppose to have the power to create life.

Schecter
Whether or not it makes sense for a cell phone to be able to turn into a robot...i dunno Im not an Engineer

all you have to do is look at your cel phone

*knock knock* "hmmm....plastic"

vending machine *looks inside* "hmmmm...hallow"

no degree required.

nimbus006
Do you also really believe that Giant Robots can copy themselves to transform into vehicles less than half their size? Thats probably not possible either is it genius, but yet you have no issues with that... Its the vending machines and the cell phones that really make you mad...

Tattoo
Originally posted by Dreamt
His first line of dialogue is "Sup bitches."

At least after that initial scene he snapped out of it and no more "thugness" shows.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tattoo
At least after that initial scene he snapped out of it and no more "thugness" shows. I loved it when he jumped onb the tank ala Kup.

I also loved the line right before he died. "You want a piece of me."

Schecter
Do you also really believe that Giant Robots can copy themselves to transform into vehicles less than half their size? Thats probably not possible either is it genius, but yet you have no issues with that... Its the vending machines and the cell phones that really make you mad...

and so we inevitably take a smug tone.

yes i can believe that they transform to vehicles half their 'size' (in quotes because height and mass are not one and the same.) they are (as the story goes) super advance beings containing technology which the human race, in its present state, cannot even comprehend the complexities of. thats the premise, thats where the line is drawn. now im supposed to believe that not only are these machines actually quite simple, but we've been creating equally complex technology all along. to me they may as well have made dog crap come to life when coming into contact with the allspark, since it would be just about as relevant as a camcorder.

i have a legitamate gripe about the plot and you have given no reason to sway me. i guess this is the part where you should go off on some diatribe as to why my opinion is invalid, of course lacking any evidence besides assumptions on my personal character and general disposition in life, as these great interweb movie debates always end up.

InnerRise
I guess we just have a difference of what is well paced and what wasn't
I didn't even look at my watch once, and thats one of the ways I know the movie isn't boring, cause it holds my attention.
I never said the movie was boring. (Read Posts COMPLETELY)

And even so, just b/c you say it's not boring b/c you didn't look at your watch, doesn't mean that it wasn't boring to somebody else.
But then again you are only 20 so you weren't even an itch in you dads pants when the TV show was on.

What that has to do with what I think about the consistency of action in any given movie, I'll never know.

nimbus006

yes i can believe that they transform to vehicles half their 'size' (in quotes because height and mass are not one and the same.) they are (as the story goes) super advance beings containing technology which the human race, in its present state, cannot even comprehend the complexities of. thats the premise, thats where the line is drawn. now im supposed to believe that not only are these machines actually quite simple, but we've been creating equally complex technology all along. to me they may as well have made dog crap come to life when coming into contact with the allspark, since it would be just about as relevant as a camcorder.

i have a legitamate gripe about the plot and you have given no reason to sway me. i guess this is the part where you should go off on some diatribe as to why my opinion is invalid, of course lacking any evidence besides assumptions on my personal character and general disposition in life, as these great interweb movie debates always end up.

From the very begginning i have only been respectful of your opinion, and still am, for i believe everyone is entitled to their own. That is what makes these forums great so we can debate what we liked and didnt like about any topic. Ive asked you questions as to why you didnt like certain things, as well as tried to give you explanations for others. Now, your previous post (before this one) you were a little rude with your knock knock comment, and it doesnt take a degree to figure it out, so in turn i gave you a "smug tone". Nothing insulting just letting you know i didnt appreciate your comments.

Moreover, I have made no assumptions about your personal character, not even once. I enjoy hearing differert opinions b/c for the most part you can learn something from them. So lets try to keep our conversation civil and passive so we can continue to have an enjoyable debate.

Dont be so defensive... i find you to be a very intellectual and sophisticated member. I hope i wasnt wrong.

Schecter
the point of "knock knock" was a response to your implication that one would need an engineering degree to decifer the basic materials of household items, and to know that their camcorder is made of plastic.
if thats rude, then...well honestly: whatever.

as for a debate, there is none. ive given my opinion, it will continue to be obtusely regarded rather than explored, i expected this and hold it against nobody. erm

nimbus006

yes i can believe that they transform to vehicles half their 'size' (in quotes because height and mass are not one and the same.) they are (as the story goes)

So if they are a "super advance beings containing technology which the human race, in its present state, cannot even comprehend the complexities of", then why do you find it so hard to believe that their cube (which has the ability to create life) can turn a cell phone into a mini-robotic killing machine. shifty

You said it yourself were not suppose to comprehend. It just has the ability to do it. You keep saying but it doesnt make any sense. To you it doesnt b/c as a human you do not comprehend the complexity of why that is possible. Understand what Im saying?

nimbus006

as for a debate, there is none. ive given my opinion, it will continue to be obtusely regarded rather than explored, i expected this and hold it against nobody. erm

I just told you i enjoy hearing opinions b/c i can learn from them. Is that not exploring your opinion...geez stop making assumptions

nimbus006
the point of "knock knock" was a response to your implication that one would need an engineering degree to decifer the basic materials of household items, and to know that their camcorder is made of plastic.
if thats rude, then...well honestly: whatever.

Nonetheless condescding as hell

Schecter
So if they are a "super advance beings containing technology which the human race, in its present state, cannot even comprehend the complexities of", then why do you find it so hard to believe that their cube (which has the ability to create life) can turn a cell phone into a mini-robotic killing machine. shifty

my issue is this "why do they need the cellphone?" or a vending machine?
this thing can create matter from nothing, so why cant it just spit out transformers? humanities' relevance is shoehorned into the plot in a nonsensical way. not only are we relevant, but they need our plastic electronics and soda machines to procreate. all materials are readily available throughout the universe among planets and asteroids, yet they need humans to process petrolium into plastic and shape metal into a big box or its hopeless for them.

You said it yourself were not suppose to comprehend. It just has the ability to do it. You keep saying but it doesnt make any sense. To you it doesnt b/c as a human you do not comprehend the complexity of why that is possible. Understand what Im saying?

seems like a general copout to me.

nimbus006
my issue is this "why do they need the cellphone?" or a vending machine?
this thing can create matter from nothing, so why cant it just spit out transformers? humanities' relevance is shoehorned into the plot in a nonsensical way. not only are we relevant, but they need our plastic electronics and soda machines to procreate. all materials are readily available throughout the universe among planets and asteroids, yet they need humans to process petrolium into plastic and shape metal into a big box or its hopeless for them.

Ok, i see what your saying. What do you expect though? Its a movie with actors...You need to have human involvement in a movie, and how else are you going to get that?

In your opinion, how do you think they should of involved humans into the plot? Or not at all maybe...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>