Cosmic Extant vs. Classic Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
So...

Who takes this, and why?

Emperor Ashtar
ION, because he's more versatile and more powerful.

Galan007
Why?

Emperor Ashtar
I edited^^^^^

Galan007
More versatile AND more powerful, ey?

Do you know who Cosmic Extant is?

Emperor Ashtar
Cosmic extant, to be honest not really.

Estacado
zoolander

Galan007
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Cosmic extant, to be honest not really. So you claimed Ion was more versatile AND more powerful then Extant....... Without even knowing who Extant is? confused

Emperor Ashtar
Classic Ion has the full power of the central power battery and we've all seen what that can do thanks to Parallax.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Galan007
So you claimed Ion was more versatile AND more powerful then Extant....... Without even knowing who Extant is? confused
I know who extant, but "Cosmic Extant"?

Galan007
Classic Ion has the full power of the central power battery and we've all seen what that can do thanks to Parallax. And I've seen Extant not only destroy numerous Universes and timelines, but create his own Universe and everything in it from nothingness. wink

Galan007
I know who extant, but "Cosmic Extant"? Cosmic Extant = the power of normal Extant + the Mobius Chair + the Worlogog. smile

Emperor Ashtar
Damn, DC cosmics are freakin' uber.Originally posted by Galan007
the Worlogog. smile
The same Worlogog that Hourman 3 uses, the map of the universe?!

Galan007
Damn, DC cosmics are freakin' uber. Some, more then others.
The same Worlogog that Hourman 3 uses, the map of the universe?! The Worlogog isn't just a map, but an exact working model of the entire space-time continuum. smile

Emperor Ashtar

The Worlogog isn't just a map, but an actual working model of the entire space-time continuum. smile

When you alter it, you alter the universe. I remember, but adding the mobius chair is overkill. Than Extant wins, he rewrites the universe and erases Oa.

Galan007
When you alter it, you alter the universe. I remember, Not only can you rewrite an already existing Universe any way you desire, but you can create your own Universe from scratch with the Worlogog. smile

guy222
So...

Who takes this, and why?

Extant

Avalonofthewind
Ion.

He was powerful enough to rewrite the Spectres history (remember..Spectre agreed to it) without significantly altering history.

I doubt Extant woud give Spectre that much of an issue.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ion.

He was powerful enough to rewrite the Spectres history (remember..Spectre agreed to it) without significantly altering history.

I doubt Extant woud give Spectre that much of an issue.

actually, IIRC Spec agreed that Ion was powerful, but question if he wa spowerful enuff to make the change w/o screwing anything up.

Tazer

Galan007
Ion.

He was powerful enough to rewrite the Spectres history (remember..Spectre agreed to it) without significantly altering history. I don't see how that's relevant to this debate...

? confused

Validus
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

actually, IIRC Spec agreed that Ion was powerful, but question if he wa spowerful enuff to make the change w/o screwing anything up.

Tazer
Both Spectre and Ion agreed he could change things without screwing it up. They were just debating whether or not he should take it upon himself to right every wrong in the universe.

Galan007
Ion.

I doubt Extant woud give Spectre that much of an issue. And Ion wasn't going to rewrite Spectre's histroy.

He was going to rewrite Hal Jordan's history before he became Spectre or Parallax.

Skeets
I think Rewriting Spectre's history is beyond Ion's power...no expression

Avalonofthewind
And Ion wasn't going to rewrite Spectre's histroy.

He was going to rewrite Hal Jordan's history before he became Spectre or Parallax.

Which with Hal Jordan as the Spectre at the time would have meant that Spectre's was rewritten as well.

I don't see how that's relevant to this debate...

? confused

Actually..in the infinite vs infinite power type thing. I think that's pretty much the highest feat there is. The hand of god offering to at least partially rewrite the wrath of god.

Or he simply could remove Extants powers with a thought. The worlogog may be able to change anything in the universe...but it's external control...as MM proved when Joker had it.

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
I think Rewriting Spectre's history is beyond Ion's power...no expression
You're just mad my character can own your character.

Galan007
Which with Hal Jordan as the Spectre at the time would have meant that Spectre's was rewritten as well. Rewriting Hal's past, before he became Spectre or Parallax is hardly a feat that would lead me to believe Ion can beat Extant. erm
Actually..in the infinite vs infinite power type thing. I think that's pretty much the highest feat there is. The hand of god offering to at least partially rewrite the wrath of god.Ion wasn't going to rewrite Spectre, .

Ion even stated he was just going to rewrite Hal Jordan's past. erm

Or he simply could remove Extants powers with a thought. Ion did nothing which would lead me to believe he could remove the power from a being on Extant's level.

Galan007
Here's Spectre and Ion's whole conversation concerning Kyle rewriting the past:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4544/greenlanternv3150pg12aw2.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4580/greenlanternv3150pg13xa2.th.jpg http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8450/greenlanternv3150pg14oi9.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8466/greenlanternv3150pg15mp1.th.jpg

Kyle wanted to rewrite Hal's past.

Doing this may have inadvertently changed things so that Hal never became Spectre in the first place....

But Kyle was never going to rewrite the Spectre entity itself.

What Ion was going to do with Hal's past in this instance, is something which is easily within Extant's powerset, imo.

Avalonofthewind
Rewriting Hal's past, before he became Spectre or Parallax is hardly a feat that would lead me to believe Ion can beat Extant. erm
Ion wasn't going to rewrite Spectre, .

Hal was the current Spectre at that time. If he rewrote Hal to not be the Spectre..then that is rewriting a portion of the Spectre. Hal readily admitted that Ion could do this.

Ion did nothing which would lead me to believe he could remove the power from a being on Extant's level.

The original Extant was easily pwned by Parallax.

Then...the mobius chair is really of no use to someone who's unlimited and can be EVERYWHERE at once.

And the worlogog, while powerful, it will not protect Extant from Ions far superior abilities.

Example: Unlimited power and Joker still got pwned by MM:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec6.jpg

Galan007
Hal was the current Spectre at that time. If he rewrote Hal to not be the Spectre..then that is rewriting a portion of the Spectre. Hal readily admitted that Ion could do this.Come on now.

Ion wouldn't be rewriting the Spectre entity.

He would be rewriting a human beings past, before Spectre even came into the picture.

That's not too impressive imo.

Then...the mobius chair is really of no use to someone who's unlimited and can be EVERYWHERE at once.

And the worlogog, while powerful, it will not protect Extant from Ions far superior abilities.

Example: Unlimited power and Joker still got pwned by MM: Joker didn't have the slightest clue how to use the Worlogog, nor is he comparable in the slightest to Extant.

If it was that easy to wrest the Worlogog from a someone, MM would have used TP to gain the 'Gog from Darkseid in that very same arc.... But that's not what happened, is it?

Avalonofthewind
Come on now.

Ion wouldn't be rewriting the Spectre entity.

He would be rewriting a human beings past, before Spectre even came into the picture.

That's not too impressive imo.

Let's try it again. Hal was the spectre....if ION can rewrite Hal's history...then what would happen to the Spectre? He would be rewritten as well. They both admitted Ion could do it. Ion was that powerful.

If Extant would have attempted the same thing...Spectre would have destroyed him without a second thought.

Joker didn't have the slightest clue how to use the Worlogog, nor is he comparable in the slightest to Extant.

If it was that easy to wrest the Worlogog from a someone, MM would have used TP to gain the 'Gog from Darkseid in that very same arc.... But that's not what happened, is it?

Darkseid never had the Worlogog in that arc. DESTROYING the worlogog is actually what caused Darkseid to win. So far we have both Joker (who did know exactly what the worlogog did and how to use it) get pwned by it, and then the worlogog itself was destroyed in the same arc by Superman Blue...another energy being. Lastly, Parallax pwned Extant, and the mobious chair is of no consequence as Ion is everywhere at once.

Conclusion? Ion wins.

Galan007
Let's try it again. Hal was the spectre....if ION can rewrite Hal's history...then what would happen to the Spectre? He would be rewritten as well. They both admitted Ion could do it. Ion was that powerful.Rewriting certain events in Hal's past, doesn't necessarily mean that his becoming Spectre would have been altered...

I mean, Kyle never directly mentioned taking Spectre out of Hal's picture, just Parallax.

It's not really as impressive as you're making it out to be imo.

And plus, Cosmic Extant doesn't have a past to alter anymore, so that method of attack would really do no good for Ion.
Darkseid never had the Worlogog in that arc. DESTROYING the worlogog is actually what caused Darkseid to win. So far we have both Joker (who did know exactly what the worlogog did and how to use it) get pwned by it, and then the worlogog itself was destroyed in the same arc by Superman Blue...another energy being. You realize that when someone is controlling the 'Gog, it literally becomes part of them, don't you?

So the only way to destroy the 'Gog in this case, would be to destroy Extant himself... But with an infinite amount of 'himselves' throughout the timelines which he can summon on a whim, that's not really a feasible way for Ion to win either.
Lastly, Parallax pwned Extant Parallax pwned regular Extant, not Cosmic Extant.... Comparing regular Extant to Cosmic Extant is like comparing a droplet of water to an ocean.

Philosophía
Bump.

Superherovandal
Rewriting certain events in Hal's past, doesn't necessarily mean that his becoming Spectre would have been altered...

I mean, Kyle never directly mentioned taking Spectre out of Hal's picture, just Parallax.

It's not really as impressive as you're making it out to be imo.

And plus, Cosmic Extant doesn't have a past to alter anymore, so that method of attack would really do no good for Ion.
You realize that when someone is controlling the 'Gog, it literally becomes part of them, don't you?

So the only way to destroy the 'Gog in this case, would be to destroy Extant himself... But with an infinite amount of 'himselves' throughout the timelines which he can summon on a whim, that's not really a feasible way for Ion to win either.
Parallax pwned regular Extant, not Cosmic Extant.... Comparing regular Extant to Cosmic Extant is like comparing a droplet of water to an ocean. So wouldn't that mean that this is a stalemate? Cause Extant has an infinite amount of "himselves" he can summon and Ion can exist everywhere at once.

Galan007
^

so can extant. only difference is, extant's actual feats > ion's.

Enyalus
Cosmic Extant wins. And I'd say they're really close fights, but he pulls a solid 7/10 majority.

I know Ion was omnipresent and extremely powerful, but Cosmic Extant was also omnipresent, showed incredible levels of power and has the higher feat IMO (creating his own 'universe' from nothing.)

fangirl101
Ion wins. Cosmic Extant is a bad ass but He could be given trouble by the Infinite Man. Ion actually messed with the Presence's plan and was rewriting Hal Jordan's history. And Didn't Parallax own Extant? Who was inferior to Classic ION? Of course people will just say thier favorite of the two. I have no such distinction.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Cosmic Extant wins. And I'd say they're really close fights, but he pulls a solid 7/10 majority.

I know Ion was omnipresent and extremely powerful, but Cosmic Extant was also omnipresent, showed incredible levels of power and has the higher feat IMO (creating his own 'universe' from nothing.) not to mention, extant's creation threatened to collapse the mainstream DCU, just by existing. he was also omniscient, btw.

Enyalus
he was also omniscient, btw.

I knew that part. I just feel that omniscience isn't really relevant to mention in a fight unless you've got a weakness like Superman to expose. smile

Galan007
Originally posted by fangirl101
Ion actually messed with the Presence's plan and was rewriting Hal Jordan's history. talking about doing something does not equate to actually doing it. not saying he was incapable of doing what he talked about, he just never did.

Originally posted by fangirl101
And Didn't Parallax own Extant? that was ZH extant - who is leagues below cosmic extant .

occultdestroyer
Hmmm... I don't remember reading Cosmic Extant..
What issue was he shown?

Galan007
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Hmmm... I don't remember reading Cosmic Extant..
What issue was he shown? JSA v3.

if you're interested in cosmic extant's feats, they're in here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8472922& amp;highlight=hourman+forumid%3A98+userid%3A98733#
post8472922

vlaaad12345
Kyle with a small portion of ion power was enough to hold off entropy............as full ion he was described as litterally the right hand of god himself,he was easily a multiversal threat just like extant,even split imo.

Philosophía
Though in the hierarchy I made a while ago I put Cosmic Extant above Ion, I'm not really sure about this one to be honest.

occultdestroyer
Ion takes a slight edge IMO.
At FP, he was at the same league as an average Spectre.

Galan007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.