Your Video Game review thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I thought that it may be easier and more practical to have one thread dedicated to all video game reviews. It may be better to a single review thread for each console, but for now lets try one thread for all consoles and games. If you have a game you want to flame or praise bring it here.

My first game will be Lost planet for the 360.

Let me first start out with the pro's of the game.
Lost planet does have enough going for it to warrant you playing the game.
THe graphics are a steller next gen showcase. Even though the majority of the game takes place in a snowy desert of an alien world. The game does a good job at incorperating ruined planets and mountain pases to add some atmosphere.

The gameplay is very intuitive and easy to jump into. There are two forms of gameplay, one is running and gunning on foot, just like any other 3rd person shooter, the other is helming a mech. In most games mech controls are broken and frustrating. The game designers did a good job at designing the controls for the mech portion though. driving the mech is very streamlined and controls very similar to walking around on foot.

The boss battles are also impressive and challenging. Nearly every boss towers a few stories into the sky.

Now lets talk about the cons.
The gameplay, as streamlined as it is gets very redundant. After the first few stages you become aware that you will be doing the same thing through out the entire game, shooting shit. However, it is a very fun shooter none the less

The story is very dry and childish. It comes across as one of those books you would buy at a bookfare in 5th grade. You play a typical teenager ridden with agnst whos father was killed, and you are now thrust into a plot to save the planet. I think a more mature story would have helped the game in being more memorable and engaging

The last con may be viewed as a pro to others. The health system is determined by how much shit you kill. You have shield system that starts around 1000, though this is increased very easily by energy that enemies drop. The shield system contantly decreases. Everything you do in the game from walking, shooting, taking damage or just standing still costs energy. So Unless you kill enough enemies you will die. It is like being on timed missions. This can bring a new level of difficulty but most times is just frustrating.

The game is extremely short, but that may be a good thing due to its repetition

Over all its a fun next gen game for the xbox, and in a time where decent games for the xbox is thin, it is well worth a rental, good times can be had here

Xenogears
I made reviews for Final Fantasy X, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Kingdom Hearts II, as well as some other famous titles. That was a few years ago however.

Violent2Dope
I got a review. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. This game was terrible, the worst game I have ever had the misfortune of renting. There is only one boss and I beat him before going to the last level! The game was short and very boring. There is nothing positive about it and if you get it, you're a moron.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I got a review. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. This game was terrible, the worst game I have ever had the misfortune of renting. There is only one boss and I beat him before going to the last level! The game was short and very boring. There is nothing positive about it and if you get it, you're a moron.

I just found out the other day that they are still making spyro games... confused

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I just found out the other day that they are still making spyro games... confused

Why?

Violent2Dope
Every Spyro after Year of the Dragon sux.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.