So..... I just found out my grandmother's going to die.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheMercurial
For about a year now she's been in and out of hospitals as little by little her organs are failing. Now they've told us there's nothing more they can do. In the next couple of days they're going to send her home, so she can die in comfort.......
I'm not entirely sure why Im posting this, I just felt like putting it up here.
God, I'm depressed.

Wild-Cherry
sad

I'm sorry. hug

At least she will be out of pain, and in a better place.

TheMercurial
Thanks. They've been telling us that she had a few days to live every few months for the past year, and she always proved them wrong.....but this time........she's accepted it, I think she wants it all to end.

Wild-Cherry
She's obviously a strong perosn, and she will go out with pride and respect. smile

Punkyhermy
oh my God.

yeah. i recently lost my grandfather.

it was SO hard because i was very close to him.

but in the end i remembered that he lead a good long, very healthy life. it was just natural. erm

*hugs*

pm me if you want to talk.

and all will feel okay after a while.

TheMercurial
Thanks, that means a lot.

Leo.M
That sucks, I'm sorry about your grandmother. sad

Grinning Goku
Sorry to hear that. How old is she?

TheMercurial
She's 88, and we've been expecting it for a while with her poor health, but it's still a shock.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by TheMercurial
For about a year now she's been in and out of hospitals as little by little her organs are failing. Now they've told us there's nothing more they can do. In the next couple of days they're going to send her home, so she can die in comfort.......
God, I'm depressed. Im really sorry cry hug

be glad she got to live to 88... she's lived a long full life happy

TRH
Please accept my condolences,I'm very truly sorry to hear this news

Selina*Starfire
God, I'm depressed.

Oh. messed Well at least she'll be at peace. petpet And er... I guess you can write about your pain... Make it easier... embarrasment Death isn't all that bad, you know. confused And the people who leave us never want us to be sad for them. confused

TheMercurial
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire
] And er... I guess you can write about your pain... Make it easier... embarrasment

I already have. It helped a little.

TRH
Is she in your home?

Vinny Valentine
Call Gregory House.

TheMercurial
No, she lives in a different part of the country. Its about 3 hours away.

Selina*Starfire
I already have. It helped a little.

Good boy. petpet

Sorry, though. confused

TheMercurial
Thanks.

BlackSunshine
Sorry to hear about that. sad My sincere condolences.

Scythe
Accepting death comes hard for us all, may her last moments be some of her most wonderful memories. I know this sounds crude, but after someone's passing, one should cry, but also laugh and remember the times spent with that person.

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Call Gregory House.

Hmm...

Grinning Goku
I wouldn't mind drinking some Zombie outta that cleavage.

LoneUnknown
Geez I'm sorry to hear that. sad I lost my grandmother too so I know how it feels. If you ever want to talk just PM me. Stay strong.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by LoneUnknown
Geez I'm sorry to hear that. sad I lost my grandmother too so I know how it feels. If you ever want to talk just PM me. Stay strong.

Ahh! An X-File fan. Nice to see there are still some around. eek!

TheMercurial
Originally posted by LoneUnknown

Thanks.

TheMercurial
Originally posted by Scythe
Accepting death comes hard for us all, may her last moments be some of her most wonderful memories. I know this sounds crude, but after someone's passing, one should cry, but also laugh and remember the times spent with that person.

Thanks Scythe, that helps.

TheMercurial
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Call Gregory House.

Scythe
Thanks Scythe, that helps.

I'm here anytime.

Rogue Jedi
God, I'm depressed. I feel you. My gramps died at 90, and he fought tooth and nail for every last breath. my grandma lived for another few years, then she fell ill, and she refused to fight.....when they give up the fight, it's only a matter of time.

keep your head up, bro.

gabrella101
well im sorry your grandmother id dying hug

BobbyD
God, I'm depressed.

I am sorry to hear this, TM. Grandmas absolutely rule! I lost a great one myself. However, take comfort in knowing that she is at peace with herself.

Death is always difficult to deal with. But, try to see it as more of a going-out party than a mournful event. Death is a celebration of life, the celebration of a new beginning. .....not the end of it. wink

She will be alive/with you always, if you choose to keep her so...which is exactly what she wants. You will hear her words of wisdom, encouragement, compassion if you listen carefully. wink

~KoK!~
God, I'm depressed. Boo-hoo. You're grandma's gonna die. At least you've met yours.

Dickhead.

The_Mayor
Good luck through this all.

TheMercurial
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
Boo-hoo. You're grandma's gonna die. At least you've met yours.

Dickhead.

Somehow I knew someone would post something like this.
Im sorry youve never met your grandmother, that doesnt make me a dickhead. You dont have to sympathise about it, but please dont use it as an excuse for stuff like this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.