Power Cosmic Vs Oa Central Battery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
Which one is more powerful?

Galan007
The CB by far.

guy222
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Which one is more powerful?

cb

Avalonofthewind
CB...although having either one makes you damn powerful anyway.

illadelph12
The Sum of the Power Cosmic versus the Sum of the Power Battery? I'd personally say draw as far as potency. You can't base it on the weilders because Surfer isn't the sum and Galactus, while embodying the power cosmic, has physical limitations, is never consistently depicted at full capacity, and uses a large amount of his personal power keeping Abraxus at bay.

I'd say they are interchangable, even given the Oan's powers supposed connection to the Source.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The full power of the CB seems far more potent that anything I've seen with the PC. The PC doen'st allow users to alter time and wipe away history. Hell even a green lantern can suck in souls and turn people into light. Hal used to time travel and do all kinds of stuff. Cb by far.

illadelph12
Are you sure about that?

Jebus reborn
Galactus created a universe, in The Last Galactus Story...

Also, didn't Surfer absorb the sum of the CB?
shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Galactus created a universe, in The Last Galactus Story...

Also, didn't Surfer absorb the sum of the CB?
shifty

confused

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
confused The energies from him cracked open, after the universe died, and it created a big bang.

And, after Kyle stole the energy from Thanos, and Parallax, he gave it to Surfer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The energies from him cracked open, after the universe died, and it created a big bang.

And, after Kyle stole the energy from Thanos, and Parallax, he gave it to Surfer.

I know. I have that NON CANNON book. That is why I gave you an confused

Jebus reborn
I know. I have that NON CANNON book. That is why I gave you an confused Which is why I gave the shifty smile, on the Surfer thing.

janus77
Power Cosmic, I think.
Galactus can do anything he pretty much wants with it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by janus77
Power Cosmic, I think.
Galactus can do anything he pretty much wants with it.

Has he ever taken a soul? beaten Magic with it, reaaranged or travelled thru time?

Emperor Ashtar
Has he ever taken a soul? beaten Magic with it, reaaranged or travelled thru time?

No, but he has saved a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to Geico.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, but he has saved a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to Geico.

LMAO. Oan Energy for the win. But Big G's insurance rate would be insane.

Thanos_THOTU
Ion, Parallax ... End of story.

norrinradd43
Could Galactus destroy the CB is what it comes down to

Validus
The central battery itself isn't too hard to destroy. What it would come down to is a healthy Galactus Vs Ion at which point Ion would clean his clock.

norrinradd43
What if Galactus ate the central battery

Validus
Originally posted by norrinradd43
What if Galactus ate the central battery
What if Ion ate Galactus?

norrinradd43
I know Ion is powerful but is he powerful enough to eat galactus I kinda doubt it, is Ion Specter level?

batdude123
is Ion Specter level?

Is Galactus? F*CK no.

You don't have to be Spectre's equal to beat the shit out of Galactus. And that's exactly what Ion would do to Galactus.

norrinradd43
I didnt say he was, I was just putting things in perspective

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by batdude123
Is Galactus? Yes?

norrinradd43
I think Big G can take Ion

nvrbeenwthagirl

God No. Heaven's no.

Emperor Ashtar
Galactus on spectre's level, someone here is a "Wizard" employee.

batdude123

Then you are a complete moron.

Jebus reborn
Then you are a complete moron. Alternate Captain Atom for the win...
shifty

xmarksthespot
Whatever batdude is saying, I'll go ahead and say the opposite. 313

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus on spectre's level, someone here is a "Wizard" employee.

yet Wizard Rates mr. mxy as far more powerful than Big G. What crack are they on if they have big G and spectre on the same lvl?

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Boo, you whore. 313

Badabing
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Whatever batdude is saying, I'll go ahead and say the opposite. 313 laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
Boo, you whore. 313 Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. vin

norrinradd43
I just dont see too many things, there are some but not ion surviving a full on galactus temper tantrum

nvrbeenwthagirl
I just dont see too many things, there are some but not ion surviving a full on galactus temper tantrum

Good lord man. I could name 20 off top of my head that would.

norrinradd43
of course thats easy, there are 20 celestials that could survive it

Jebus reborn
of course thats easy, there are 20 celestials that could survive it Na ah!

nvrbeenwthagirl
of course thats easy, there are 20 celestials that could survive it

Beyonders, Cosmic cube beings, Infinity, eternity, Death, Odin, Zeus, Tenebrious, Aegis, and that's only stating a few of the marvel properties. Not naming the DC ones including parallax, Ion, the anti-monitor, mxy, bat mite, blah blah

norrinradd43
not saying they would win but a celestial could take alot of punishment from galactus

norrinradd43
Beyonders, Cosmic cube beings, Infinity, eternity, Death, Odin, Zeus, Tenebrious, Aegis, and that's only stating a few of the marvel properties. Not naming the DC ones including parallax, Ion, the anti-monitor, mxy, bat mite, blah blah Galactus would kill odin and zeus pretty quick

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus would kill odin and zeus pretty quick

OMG.

Emperor Ashtar
OMG.

OMG 2

Jebus reborn
Beyonders, Cosmic cube beings, Infinity, eternity, Death, Odin, Zeus, Tenebrious, Aegis, and that's only stating a few of the marvel properties. Not naming the DC ones including parallax, Ion, the anti-monitor, mxy, bat mite, blah blah Odin? Zeus?
Of cour-us, the other couple are debatable (namely the Cube Beings), but Skyfathers taking a full on attack by Galactus?

No wonder DS is on Galactus's level...
I mean, he's above Skyfather, and Galactus can't even take out Odin, with a full on attack...

Emperor Ashtar
Galactus at full power could destroy the universe ten times over, but on average he's not not powerful enough and he's a resident of jobber-ville.

Validus
OMG.
Uh, what? He would kill them. Maybe not with ease but neither of them is winning against a healthy G.

norrinradd43
I know there is an argument about Ion beating galactus but Odin and Zeus together are not going to phase him

Validus
There isn't much of an argument when it comes to Ion Vs Galactus.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Validus
There isn't much of an argument when it comes to Ion Vs Galactus. Nuh-uh... I have a perfectly valid argument:Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Avalonofthewind
Uh, what? He would kill them. Maybe not with ease but neither of them is winning against a healthy G.

Pweaseee! Zeus godblast ftw. eek!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin? Zeus?
Of cour-us, the other couple are debatable (namely the Cube Beings), but Skyfathers taking a full on attack by Galactus?

No wonder DS is on Galactus's level...
I mean, he's above Skyfather, and Galactus can't even take out Odin, with a full on attack...

I certainly don't think so. he'd win for sure, but it would be an all out battle. Which isn't the same as someone just being taken out with an attack. catch the difference.

batdude123
I certainly don't think so. he'd win for sure, but it would be an all out battle. Which isn't the same as someone just being taken out with an attack. catch the difference.

Please... don't turn into His Airness/Soujaboy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Please... don't turn into His Airness/Soujaboy.

NO. I certainly believe that big G would beat Odin or Zeus. But nieither are just going to be taken out with an all out blast.

norrinradd43
if galactus cant beat Ion that who in marvel could certainly there is sombody under Living Tribunal who could do it

Validus
NO. I certainly believe that big G would beat Odin or Zeus. But nieither are just going to be taken out with an all out blast.
Has Zeus ever done anything to say he's close to Odin in power?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Has Zeus ever done anything to say he's close to Odin in power?

Has infinity ever done anything to say she's close to eternity in power?

nvrbeenwthagirl
if galactus cant beat Ion that who in marvel could certainly there is sombody under Living Tribunal who could do it

Galactus can be beaten by anyone in marvel who is a universal power or above.

norrinradd43
Galactus is a universal power as far as i understand it

Validus
That has what to do with what now?

Mr Master

Eternity and Infinity are equals:

This is the Totality of Eternity and Infinity (the Multiverse)

"An ASTRAL UNION of ALL, I NEVER DREAMT"
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1013/w3se5.th.jpghttp://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1540/w4rg7.th.jpg
"You interrupt MORTAL"

"Speak your piece quickly and BE GONE"

"We cannot be overly Preoccupied by ANY ONE ASPECT of OUR Reality"
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1623/multiverse2co.th.jpg
"WE are ALL, NO ONE PART of the WHOLE is absolutely indispensable"

"the Embodiment of ACTUALITY, WE Exist in MYRIAD Fashions"
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5109/multiverse28yb.th.jpg
"Do NOT pester US, UNLIKE OURSELVES, OUR patience is not without limits"

Eternity - embodiment of Time
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/589/et17py.th.jpg

Infinity - embodiment of Space
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/4365/et27wf.th.jpg

A different side of the same coin:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9416/21616484041cz7.th.jpg

Jebus reborn
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1012/75sm6.th.jpg

Question Mark

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master
Eternity and Infinity are equals:

"An ASTRAL UNION of ALL, I NEVER DREAMT"
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1013/w3se5.th.jpghttp://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1540/w4rg7.th.jpg
"You interrupt MORTAL"

"Speak your piece quickly and BE GONE"

"We cannot be overly Preoccupied by ANY ONE ASPECT of OUR Reality"
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1623/multiverse2co.th.jpg
"WE are ALL, NO ONE PART of the WHOLE is absolutely indispensable"

"the Embodiment of ACTUALITY, WE Exist in MYRIAD Fashions"
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5109/multiverse28yb.th.jpg
"Do NOT pester US, UNLIKE OURSELVES, OUR patience is not without limits"

Eternity - embodiment of Time
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/589/et17py.th.jpg

Infinity - embodiment of Space
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/4365/et27wf.th.jpg

A different side of the same coin:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9416/21616484041cz7.th.jpg
yes. I know who she is. I love her. She is one of my favorites and most underused. I was merely illustrating a point.

Emperor Ashtar
Galactus can be beaten by anyone in marvel who is a universal power or above.

Or dumb writers. . .
Though, against a full powered galactus I doubt it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Or dumb writers. . .
Though, against a full powered galactus I doubt it.

Who is this Full powered galactus that you speak of?

Emperor Ashtar
Who is this Full powered galactus that you speak of?

The one that the watcher said could destroy the universe ten times over.

quanchi112
The one that the watcher said could destroy the universe ten times over. owning nver are we here?

nvrbeenwthagirl
The one that the watcher said could destroy the universe ten times over.

Has he ever done so or been shown to do so?

Space M ummy
Has he ever done so or been shown to do so?

why would galactus be shown destroying the universe ten times over? Galactus isn't evil- he represents a "balance" in the marvel universe.

The watcher is established as an impartial observer and has no reason to lie, and has never done so- he might be THE most credible witness that exists in marvel continuity.

That being said, Galactus has been shown on panel absorbing the universe. yes, the whole thing. (during the incident with tiamut, in an alternate future.)

The nullifer, also part of galactus has also obliterated the totality of the MU. not just one universe. all of them. At once. that's tens of thousands, at last count.

Also, on this very page is a scan of a blast by galactus encompassing (and presumably wiping out) 3 entire star systems. ONE blast.

we haven't seen a "full potential" galactus yet (and probably never will, as galactus isn't a villain) but what we have seen puts him in the very, very high end in terms of marvel cosmic beings.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by illadelph12
The Sum of the Power Cosmic versus the Sum of the Power Battery? I'd personally say draw as far as potency. You can't base it on the weilders because Surfer isn't the sum and Galactus, while embodying the power cosmic, has physical limitations, is never consistently depicted at full capacity, and uses a large amount of his personal power keeping Abraxus at bay.

I'd say they are interchangable, even given the Oan's powers supposed connection to the Source. I'm willing to grant them both "virtually allpowerful" status. It seems a stretch to say that one is ultimately superior to the other, much like saying Magic is superior to Oan Energy or to the PC. They're all forces in the universe; if a being draws enough of this power he/she/it can do anything.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Space M ummy
why would galactus be shown destroying the universe ten times over? Galactus isn't evil- he represents a "balance" in the marvel universe.

The watcher is established as an impartial observer and has no reason to lie, and has never done so- he might be THE most credible witness that exists in marvel continuity.

That being said, Galactus has been shown on panel absorbing the universe. yes, the whole thing. (during the incident with tiamut, in an alternate future.)

The nullifer, also part of galactus has also obliterated the totality of the MU. not just one universe. all of them. At once. that's tens of thousands, at last count.

Also, on this very page is a scan of a blast by galactus encompassing (and presumably wiping out) 3 entire star systems. ONE blast.

we haven't seen a "full potential" galactus yet (and probably never will, as galactus isn't a villain) but what we have seen puts him in the very, very high end in terms of marvel cosmic beings.

He still is nothing compared to the power of OA. Hal jordan with it wiped away the universe and all alternate time streams,( other universes), Rebooted the fulture, created and destroyed alternate universes without realizing it, he fought the spectre, Got drained and still was able to do more shit. The power of OA can command souls, reverse or rewrite or stop time, mold reality, when has anyone with the power cosmic shown the power to rewrite reality? And Galactus absorbing the universe was in an alternate future. Does that count? And didn't the black celestial tamper with big g to do that? As for the watcher, I need more than one statement from one watcher. Galactus was supposed to be the equal of Death and eternity and all of a sudden he's ten times more powerful than his brother and sister? Shit, how in the world did annihilus ever trap such a powerful ten times the universe destroying creature?

illadelph12
Didn't Dr. Doom warp reality with Surfer's power (iirc)?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by illadelph12
Didn't Dr. Doom warp reality with Surfer's power?

I thought he manipulated matter.

Space M ummy
He still is nothing compared to the power of OA. Hal jordan with it wiped away the universe and all alternate time streams,( other universes), Rebooted the fulture, created and destroyed alternate universes without realizing it, he fought the spectre, Got drained and still was able to do more shit. The power of OA can command souls, reverse or rewrite or stop time, mold reality, when has anyone with the power cosmic shown the power to rewrite reality? And Galactus absorbing the universe was in an alternate future. Does that count? And didn't the black celestial tamper with big g to do that? As for the watcher, I need more than one statement from one watcher. Galactus was supposed to be the equal of Death and eternity and all of a sudden he's ten times more powerful than his brother and sister? Shit, how in the world did annihilus ever trap such a powerful ten times the universe destroying creature?

the nullifier can and has wiped away all universes within marvel as well as recreate them and their respective timelines. So yes, galactus via the nullifer HAS rewritten reality on a multiversal scale.

consider also that franklin richards had reality warping powers sufficient to create his own universe, yet is FAR, FAR below Galactus in the power scale. Hell, he and valeria completely burned their powers out trying to restore the big G.

surfer has been shown to not only be able to travel back in time but "across" it as well (whatever the hell that means) and galactus posesses all of surfer's abilities to a much greater degree.

Strange can stop time, as well as a host of other high end cosmic beings. it's not really a huge feat for abstract level entities.

The black celestial tampered with galactus to do that, but at the end of the day it was still just a galactus who had "lost control", implying that should galactus ever choose to cease restraining himself, that's what would happen.

Death and Eternity have no limits to their abilities either. They haven't been shown to run around the universe devastating it either, because like galactus they are forces of the universe, and it's not their "role" to do so.

Hell, the living tribunal is known to be the most powerful force that exists in marvel (excluding the HOTU, that story may or may not be canon) and yet he has almost no feats, outside of nullifying the infinity gems by "saying so."

nvrbeenwthagirl
the nullifier can and has wiped away all universes within marvel as well as recreate them and their respective timelines. So yes, galactus via the nullifer HAS rewritten reality on a multiversal scale.

consider also that franklin richards had reality warping powers sufficient to create his own universe, yet is FAR, FAR below Galactus in the power scale. Hell, he and valeria completely burned their powers out trying to restore the big G.

surfer has been shown to not only be able to travel back in time but "across" it as well (whatever the hell that means) and galactus posesses all of surfer's abilities to a much greater degree.

Strange can stop time, as well as a host of other high end cosmic beings. it's not really a huge feat for abstract level entities.

The black celestial tampered with galactus to do that, but at the end of the day it was still just a galactus who had "lost control", implying that should galactus ever choose to cease restraining himself, that's what would happen.

Death and Eternity have no limits to their abilities either. They haven't been shown to run around the universe devastating it either, because like galactus they are forces of the universe, and it's not their "role" to do so.

Hell, the living tribunal is known to be the most powerful force that exists in marvel (excluding the HOTU, that story may or may not be canon) and yet he has almost no feats, outside of nullifying the infinity gems by "saying so."

NAh. LT has better feats than that. he recreated all the abstracts with a wave of his hand. That is the best feat by far. I don't ever remember thesurfer being able to stop or manipulate or even travel thru time. He had some wierd kind of time feat, but he wouldn't be able to do that or he'd have went back to his home planet and saved his wife. The OAn energy is more versatile and is as at least equal to if not more powerful than the PC. Look at it this way, Parallax or Classic ION could do what Thanos could with the IG. The IG>>>Galactus. nuff said.

Jebus reborn
I don't ever remember thesurfer being able to stop or manipulate or even travel thru time. He had some wierd kind of time feat, but he wouldn't be able to do that or he'd have went back to his home planet and saved his wife. Surfer has done all of those...

Actually, that holds some value... why hasn't he done so?

Space M ummy
Surfer has done all of those...

Actually, that holds some value... why hasn't he done so?

believe it or not, Zenn-La has been restored a couple of times already.

from wikipedia: (yeah, I know, I know)

and that's not the only time. Zenn La has apparently been destroyed at least 3 or 4 times by now by various means.

Jebus reborn
believe it or not, Zenn-La has been restored a couple of times already.

from wikipedia: (yeah, I know, I know)

and that's not the only time. Zenn La has apparently been destroyed at least 3 or 4 times by now by various means. Ya, I know Galactus recreated it.
Then, the hologram gave way, and I don't think Zenn-La has been around since then.
Legacy was on there at the time, and he lived there.

Also, I don't remember the second one exactly, but I think I recall reading it once... not sure though.
Does it say what comic this was? Or am I thinking of when he brought Alica back in time?
Probably the latter...

Space M ummy
Ya, I know Galactus recreated it.
Then, the hologram gave way, and I don't think Zenn-La has been around since then.
Legacy was on there at the time, and he lived there.

Also, I don't remember the second one exactly, but I think I recall reading it once... not sure though.
Does it say what comic this was? Or am I thinking of when he brought Alica back in time?
Probably the latter...

honestly I'm not sure. wikipedia says Silver Surfer v3 #101, by Ron Marz & Mike Friedman, Feb 1995

but I have no way to check this at the moment. it's 2am on the east coast and I'm getting tired.

this is also the reason why I'm not going to go into the numerous reasons why comparing Ion to the infinity gauntlet is ridiculous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.