Final fantasy 7 vs Final fantasy 8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xatl
Final fantasy 7 vs Final fantasy 8

I know this must of been done thousends of times or debated thousends of times anyway which is the better game. Now for me my hearts always been with 8 but i do love 7 to and will go all the way and say that 7 is probs the flag ship game of all ff's with 8 not far behind.

This has been on my mind too for a long time why does 7 get to have...
Final fantasy 7
Final fantasy 7 Advent children
Final fantasy durge of Ceribus (or howevers its spelt
countless mobile games

Final fantasy 10 gets a sequal, i loved 10 but 10 part to was horrible it was more like charlies angels

And 8 gets nothing i cant understand why nothing is being done with 8 like 7 and 10 what are your views on this

Violent2Dope
I agree 8 should get more shit. One thing that was better in seven was the villain. 8's villain,Ultimecia, was kind of, ehhh...

Lana
8 was a decent game (annoying system and annoying characters though) until you got about halfway through. And Ultimecia (and the build up to her...or lack thereof) was such a cop-out.

ESB -1138
I was actually enjoying VIII right until you defeat Edea and all this future crap came in it.

BackFire
I think 8 is one of the worst games in the series. The villain is lazily implimented and poorly developed ("There's a witch in the future, go get her, she's compressed time and such go go"wink, the characters were one dimensional and I found I didn't really care for them, the draw system was horrendous and repetitive, and the reliance on GF's and their overly long casting sequences is the thing of suicides.

Though, not a BAD game, really. I enjoy it. The first disc is a lot of fun. But it's one of the weaker in the FF series.

VII on the other hand, is wonderful.

Violent2Dope
VII was great, but the only problem with eight was the villain. Hey you beat edea cool but oh wait she was possessed. Hey awesome dude you killed Adel(think that's her name) but now some b*tch named Ultimecia is gonna compress time go kill her. What also pissed me off was when Laguna said sumthin along the lines of "Friendship is the only way to survive in a time compressed world"......WTF?

Ushgarak
"I agree 8 should get more shit."

No, that's the problem, it CANNOT get any more shit...

(pun bell!)

Well, my old review thread covered my thoughts on this one...

§P0oONY
VII is immense, VIII is class.

Immense > Class...

FFVII:AC sucked though.

Violent2Dope
8 should get more stuff tho. I mean, 10 got a sequel, a sequel which sucked.

Lana
FFX was a far better game than FFVIII, though, with an ending that left a sequel open (even if the sequel was a huge disappointment).

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Lana
FFX was a far better game than FFVIII no

BackFire
I also think it was, on just about every possible level.

Kenshinswife
I think 8 actually deserves more attention. ffx was by far better than both of them (i'd rather not speak on x-2).

But your right it is way under rated, the game had alot to offer. It deserves more.
Personally i dont believe 7 is what its cracked up to be. I mean it was an okay game and the whole aerith thing made it decent. But it was not much more than 8. The main character (cloud just didnt cut it for me)

ragesRemorse
which ever one is better, they both suck to play now

heard they are remaking 7 for ps3, that may interest me enough in playing that game again. Nothing could convince me to sit through such dated graphics today though

Lana
They aren't, and they never were planning on it. There was a video made a year or so ago from FFVII that was intended to show off the PS3's graphical capabilities, but that's all.

And do you like any games?

Kero_Co
I would vote for FF7,if it wasn't for all the side stories and psuedo-sequals that actual lowered my enjoyment of the FF7 world, which lead to me getting tired of the game. Funny isn't it, Disney agreed to stop releasing crappy sequals, and square pics it up. FF8 FTW.(although six was the best ever. Edgar + Chainsaw= Penultimate Pwnage)

ESB -1138
VII was decent. It didn't do anything ground breaking. VIII had 2 good discs followed by 2 discs that were s**ted on. Advent Children and Dirge of Cerebus were horrible.

My problems with VII is this; Cloud acts like a spoil little brat throughout the game but near the end you start to see change in him. Okay that's good, a character changing. But at the start of Advent Children he's basically the same as he was in the beginning of VII.

The battle system was okay if it was on the SNES but for a new game it really needed a new battle system instead of the dated time based one. Cait Sith was...THE WORSE FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER EVER. I was thrilled when it died...then ANOTHER ONE takes it place. Barret acted like a stereotypical angry black man and Cid acted like a stereotypical angry redneck.

Yuffie was useless to the most; thank GOD she was an optional character. Aeris was useless in battle but they kill her off at the end of disc 1 so no real loss there; expect they force you to take her with you to the Temple of the Ancients; thanks. Do you know how many times I died fighting that stupid Demon Wall just because she was in the team?

Red XIII, Vincent, and Tifa I have no beef with; expect Tifa if you get what I'm saying. Hehehehe.

And I found it stupid that it went from 4 character in VI to 3 characrer in VII in battle. Plus the materia was useless. Only materia I ever used was Cure (1,2,3) and some of the summons. Other then that your standard attack dealt more then the magic.

As for VIII I found it useless to attack with anything other then the GF. I mean come on, you get to use it as much as you like and it takes the damage. I think the only time I ever used standard attack (or magic other then Cure) in VIII was at that stupid castle which negated everything else and I never once upgraded any of my weapons so guess what, I had to end up starting over just because it was IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade your weapons on disc 4.

ragesRemorse
They aren't, and they never were planning on it. There was a video made a year or so ago from FFVII that was intended to show off the PS3's graphical capabilities, but that's all.

oh well that sucks, thanks for the clarification

And of course i like games, why do you ask that? Final fantasy 7 was one of the funnest games i remember playing, not as fun as 10, but still one of the most noteworthy rpg's ever made. However, i wouldnt play the game today...why the shit would anyone? Ancient loading times, horrid graphics, dated gameplay, and lacking rpg elements compared to todays rpg's. Does this make me a game nazi, that i choose not to play decade old games that i already dedicated 70 hours into completing?

Really...why play final fantasy 7 when i can play final fantasy 12....do you like good games or just old dated ones that offer nothing other than nolstalgia?

Violent2Dope
I agree that Aeris was usless and it was bullshit that you had to use her in the temple and fight the goddamn demon door with her(f*ck you square enix) and that Cait Sith was an assraping homo(f*ck you, your moogle, and your microphone). FFVIII wasn't as bad as you made it sound tho. Don't blame the game that you didn't get their good weapons when you had the chance. GF's aren't even all they were cracked up to be, I prefered usin the character's specials. Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus weren't that bad(or maybe I'm just less cynical than you) and Barret and Cid were the funniest f*ckers in the game. That Demon Door was bullshit tho. I had to start over the f*ckin game just to beat it(once again, f*ck you square enix).

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
nolstalgia? No word pisses me off more than that one, please don't say it.

BlaxicanHydra
Both games are over rated as hell.

Final fantasy III FTW!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
No word pisses me off more than that one, please don't say it.

why's that?

Kenshinswife
i perfer nostalgia more than "classic"...i've actually used it quite a few times.

Xenogears
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
oh well that sucks, thanks for the clarification

And of course i like games, why do you ask that? Final fantasy 7 was one of the funnest games i remember playing, not as fun as 10, but still one of the most noteworthy rpg's ever made. However, i wouldnt play the game today...why the shit would anyone? Ancient loading times, horrid graphics, dated gameplay, and lacking rpg elements compared to todays rpg's. Does this make me a game nazi, that i choose not to play decade old games that i already dedicated 70 hours into completing?

Really...why play final fantasy 7 when i can play final fantasy 12....do you like good games or just old dated ones that offer nothing other than nolstalgia? Damn!

JToTheP
I'm not going into this, because it never ends in my favor, no matter how indepth I try to explain why I loathe 7, especially since I own 1-6 now on GBA, and see even further why it fails as a Final Fantasy.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by JToTheP
I'm not going into this, because it never ends in my favor, no matter how indepth I try to explain why I loathe 7, especially since I own 1-6 now on GBA, and see even further why it fails as a Final Fantasy.

I heard there were new citscenes added into the revised FF games on GBA...is that true?

exanda kane
FF7 was great when I played it, mainly for the characters (not all) and the flexible (for me) system of the power stone things. Yes. It has been that long. Completely forgotten what they were called.

I didn't like Squall, that FF8 bloke though. The main protagonists in FF are usually effeminite, but this guy just pissed me off.

I think I'm the minority as I enjoyed FF9 the most.

grey fox
Originally posted by BackFire
I think 8 is one of the worst games in the series. The villain is lazily implimented and poorly developed ("There's a witch in the future, go get her, she's compressed time and such go go"wink, the characters were one dimensional and I found I didn't really care for them, the draw system was horrendous and repetitive, and the reliance on GF's and their overly long casting sequences is the thing of suicides.

Though, not a BAD game, really. I enjoy it. The first disc is a lot of fun. But it's one of the weaker in the FF series.

Cosigned

ESB -1138

So true. IV is my all time favorite Final Fantasy game and I am glade it is being redone for the DS.

Don't blame the game that you didn't get their good weapons when you had the chance.

Okay I can't complain but you curse Square-enix when you have to start over. That's fair.

That Demon Door was bullshit tho. I had to start over the f*ckin game just to beat it(once again, f*ck you square enix).

Xenogears
What's the deal with ESB - 1375847 and V2D?

Violent2Dope
It's mostly because since I already knew while playing it Aeris was gonna die, so I never worked on her. But noooo I have to use her in the fioght against the Demon Door.

Xenogears
I want to see Aeris and Tifa fight evil face

Jebus reborn
OK, who is Cait? I renamed all my characters as soon as I got them, into sexual names.

Also, I blew through the demon wall like nothing... I still haven't beat the two weapons though, and my guys are like level 100, and I'm too lazy to actually do the thing to beat them.

ESB -1138
The gay @$$ cat on the giant moogle: Cait Sith.

Xenogears
Cait Sith is the most badass FF character

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by ESB -1138
The gay @$$ cat on the giant moogle: Cait Sith. Oh ya, now I remember that thing...
Wow... he was the worst character ever...

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Xenogears
Cait Sith is the most badass FF character madcensoredfuriousmad2

JToTheP
Cait Sith, Cloud, and Sephiroth are all garbage characters.

Violent2Dope
Cait Sith, Cloud, and Sephiroth are all garbage characters. Cloud and Seph were cool. My only beef with Cloud is that he had the opportunity to score with not one, but TWO maybe even THREE babes at once but didn't take it!

JToTheP
Cloud and Seph were cool. My only beef with Cloud is that he had the opportunity to score with not one, but TWO maybe even THREE babes at once but didn't take it!

Cloud is just a little punkass who pined over Aerith's pathetic self, when Tifa was retarded over him for the longest time.

Also Squaresoft pushing 7 for 'graphics' is crap since the in-game models were ALL Chibis.

Violent2Dope
Dude graphics shouldn't be what makes a game good.

JToTheP
Well, tell that to Sony, meanwhile the Wii is outselling it 2 to 1 since launch. Sony tried to flip things, and put graphics in to try to sell the best, when Ps2 had the worst graphics, and sold the best last-generation.

Violent2Dope
I like good graphics but story, gameplay, and other things are more important.

JToTheP
I like good graphics but story, gameplay, and other things are more important.

All the more reason why I love classic games so much more. Mario RPG is clearly one of the greatest games ever made, and one of Squaresoft's best products, they did it with Nintendo, but still.

Violent2Dope
MarioRPG is a God among Mario games.

Violent2Dope
What's the deal with ESB - 1375847 and V2D? What do you mean?

JToTheP

Among Mario Games, Games period, and RPG games. One of Squaresoft's only good products, and Star Ocean 3 is SquareEnix's only good product.

grey fox

I still say SuperStar Saga beats it....

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by grey fox
I still say SuperStar Saga beats it.... pissed

ESB -1138
Dude Super Smash Bros Melee is a modern classic. You don't need to learn all these d*** combos like in (basically) every other fighting game. It's easy to get into and really once you learned how to fight as any character they can be a powerhouse.

But enough of SSBM let's focus on bashing FF7; most overrated game ever.

Xenogears
Even though I love FF7, I hate FF7 fanboys.

ESB -1138
Even though I love FF7, I hate FF7 fanboys.

Their almost as bad as Street Fighters fanboys.

Xenogears
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Their almost as bad as Street Fighters fanboys. You've got a point!

Kenshinswife
omg i thoughted i was the only one in the world who hated ff7...finally. I resent everything about that game.

JToTheP
I still say SuperStar Saga beats it.... Originally posted by Violent2Dope
pissed

Superstar Saga is no WAY is even close to RPG. The Paper Mario trilogy beats the Mario & Luigi saga, the M&L Saga has ridiculous boss fights.

The ending boss fights in M&L took me 2-3 hours in each, and I was at a decent level at the end of each game. There's no reason a final boss should take that long.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
omg i thoughted i was the only one in the world who hated ff7...finally. I resent everything about that game. mad hug

Lazy MFer
I liked FF8 better.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
I liked FF8 better.

Well, join the club, there's about 12 of us, and 12 billion fanboys and fangirls.

I'm about to put FF7 up on ebay, since the prices are now going over $100+. Damn these fanboys are retarded.

JToTheP
omg i thoughted i was the only one in the world who hated ff7...finally. I resent everything about that game.

YES! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME! big grin

ESB -1138
Some people would say that I perfer 1-6 over the newer ones because I played those first but I actually started out with number VII so if anything that should get the benefit of the doubt or whatever you call it since I didn't even touch the SNES II and III until after I played VII and VIII and IX.

BlaxicanHydra

*w00t*

eh heh heh...

JToTheP
Anyone who LOVES 7 and has failed to play 1-6 somehow, is a complete JACKASS. The original final fantasies are WAY better than the HOLLYWOOD bullshit that the new ones recieve. They push graphics for no damn reason, and shove in a shitty story which is why 10, 11, and 12 can eat it.

I only read the synopsis of 6, played a bit of the Intro, and read Nintendo Power's preview, but I can EASILY see why it's the BEST entry in the series. **** 7, GO 6.

1-6>8=9>>>>>10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7,11,12

Xenogears
Anyone who LOVES 7 and has failed to play 1-6 somehow, is a complete JACKASS. The original final fantasies are WAY better than the HOLLYWOOD bullshit that the new ones recieve. They push graphics for no damn reason, and shove in a shitty story which is why 10, 11, and 12 can eat it.

I only read the synopsis of 6, played a bit of the Intro, and read Nintendo Power's preview, but I can EASILY see why it's the BEST entry in the series. **** 7, GO 6.

1-6>8=9>>>>>10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7,11,12 Alright, we get your point. Now you can stop whining about how much you hate every Final Fantasy game that isn't FF1-6.

Violent2Dope

1-6>8=9>>>>>10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7,11,12 That's an opinion. And I couldn't give a rat's ass about your opinion.

Superboy Prime
8 was a decent game (annoying system and annoying characters though) until you got about halfway through. And Ultimecia (and the build up to her...or lack thereof) was such a cop-out.

I actually like FF8's character development. Felt better paced than FF7's. Ultimecia was lame though. Universal Fact.

Superboy Prime

Say...FFVIII characters being one dimensional? I beg to difer. They had more depth than FF7's cast. Irvine himself had more depth than Cloud himself in 7. But to each their own I guess.

Once you get good junctions--which is possible when you learn how turn card into magic--GFes were hardly needed in a fight...ever.

Superboy Prime
FFX was a far better game than FFVIII, though, with an ending that left a sequel open (even if the sequel was a huge disappointment).

FFX's ending was spectacular. Too bad they had to go and ruin it with X-2.

Superboy Prime
Cloud is just a little punkass who pined over Aerith's pathetic self, when Tifa was retarded over him for the longest time.

Also Squaresoft pushing 7 for 'graphics' is crap since the in-game models were ALL Chibis.

Actually...when they were children Tifa hardly noticed Cloud. Part of the reason he joined SOLDIER. I guess he figured nothing would impress Tifa more than a huge ass sword.

Square did demonstrate a level of cinematic flare and design that had not yet been seen in an RPG. Shit FF7 is the reason RPGs became such a huge success in the american market.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
FFX's ending was spectacular. Too bad they had to go and ruin it with X-2. No you ruinedz it! chair

Kenshinswife
Okay, X is my favorite i without a doubt. Although six comes close but it just doesnt beat ten. The characters the plot, gameplay and grsphics ere nothing short of perfect everything that makes a game worth its while.
Point blank. (i made athread about this when i first came)

7 cloud was just a mess, a poor excuse for a main character. And i couldnt stand his blade the moment i saw it.
The supporting characters were the only thing that kept me playing (and the fact that i paid cash for the game) (more points will come as the thread progresses)

8 was an improvement. But still had some plot flaws that were kinda wtf...not to mention a bunch of almost useless characters. Still no reason for it to be defamed by 7.

But im done for now. Plus its only my opinion which really doesnt count for much in the end, wont change any of your minds.

Xenogears
Okay, X is my favorite i without a doubt.It is mine too! eek!

Although six comes close but it just doesnt beat ten. The characters the plot, gameplay and grsphics ere nothing short of perfect everything that makes a game worth its while.Cosigned.

7 cloud was just a mess, a poor excuse for a main character. And i couldnt stand his blade the moment i saw it.He looked bad in the game and his sword was lame, though his appearance and arsenal improved dramatically in the Advent Children movie, IMO.

8 was an improvement. But still had some plot flaws that were kinda wtf...not to mention a bunch of almost useless characters. Still no reason for it to be defamed by 7.Yup.

Lana

1-6>8=9>>>>>10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7,11,12

Didn't you preach on for ages about how the original games are better than the Playstation and later ones without having even played the originals?

FFX's ending was spectacular. Too bad they had to go and ruin it with X-2.

Arrrgggh I know. I love FFX. It is probably my favorite game. I thought the ending was great. And then they had to go and wreck it with X-2.

I flat-out ignore that the good/perfect endings to X-2 exist because they completely and totally destroy the end of X.

JToTheP
That's an opinion. And I couldn't give a rat's ass about your opinion.

I expected to hear as such from someone who spams the topics, 'LOL POOP', 'LOL RAPE'.

Didn't you preach on for ages about how the original games are better than the Playstation and later ones without having even played the originals?

Arrrgggh I know. I love FFX. It is probably my favorite game. I thought the ending was great. And then they had to go and wreck it with X-2.

I flat-out ignore that the good/perfect endings to X-2 exist because they completely and totally destroy the end of X.

No, usually I say 7 just blows entirely, now I'm aware of how the originals are.

Manslayer
FFVII is severely overrated. Its good, just not THAT good.

FFX and FFXII are my favourite. I like X for the landscape and i like XII for the dialogue and for the fact it is LOTR + star wars

FFXI is intresting but it is VERY time consuming, Been playing FFXI online for 2 and a half years now.
But the bottom line is FFXI has alot of shit SE needs to fix. Like the frickin RMTS who ruin the economy in the game

darth_royke
i enjoyed number 7, i enjoyed the story, and i thought the characters were interesting and fun. everyone normally connects with a few, and for me it was barret, cid, tifa and vincent. it will go down inhistory simply for the death of aeris/aerith, mainly because people dont expect deaths opf big characters in games.

i had ff6 for a while but just couldnt get into it, so ff7 is probably more accessible.

favourite though? number 8. i felt it was a bit more grown up, i loved the story and the card minigame was pure addiction.

thats my opinion anyways

Violent2Dope
The FFVIII minigame was the best addition to it over VII. I had every card and was unstoppable.

grey fox
FFVII is overrated in the sense that everyone seems to think it's the penultimate FF game. It isn't , not even by far. I mean it's a good FF game but not the best.

The translation was pretty shitty as well.

Anyway the spin offs are pretty good, Advent Children delivering what was expected and Dirge of Cerberus was (surprisingly) good (minus the frequent cut scenes) gameplay wise, storyline was a little weak but then again FF7 is dragged out so often it's storyline began wearing thin.

FF9 (my personal favorite) is ironically enough the complete opposite of FF7. It's barely noticed among the fans even though it has a (arguably) better storyline.

Violent2Dope
Actually FFIX IMO wasn't as good. I liked it but it wasn't as good as 8,7, or 10. As for storyline I think that if it weren't for f*ckin Ultimecia FFVIII would be the best.

BackFire
Say...FFVIII characters being one dimensional? I beg to difer. They had more depth than FF7's cast. Irvine himself had more depth than Cloud himself in 7. But to each their own I guess.

Once you get good junctions--which is possible when you learn how turn card into magic--GFes were hardly needed in a fight...ever.

I don't agree at all. Squall was the worst main character in any FF game. All he was was a mopey cliche, then they made him a little less mopey as time went on. Zell was just a goofball the whole way through, untill one point where he was slightly less of a goofball. Each character satisfied a very specific a certain character template and never really veered off said template too far. I know they tried to make the characters rich, but they failed miserably, in my opinion.

Superboy Prime
I don't agree at all. Squall was the worst main character in any FF game. All he was was a mopey cliche, then they made him a little less mopey as time went on. Zell was just a goofball the whole way through, untill one point where he was slightly less of a goofball. Each character satisfied a very specific a certain character template and never really veered off said template too far. I know they tried to make the characters rich, but they failed miserably, in my opinion.

That's cool because you don't have to agree with me.

I mentioned Irvine because he is the most explicit example of the character development. At first he is just cool, lonely and apparentely didn't care about anyone. Slowly we start to see this is not really the case. In the end it turned out Irvine was the only member of the party who was aware they all grew up together, and was shocked to find out none of them remembered. And that is why he stayed with them to find out the reason why only he remembers. Also at first we thought Irvine was just pussying out when he couldn't shoot Edea, but then we find out the reason he could not was because Edea was like a mother to him, and only he remembered.

About Squall? Sure he was angsty and emo. But he slowly started caring about people. In the first CD he does not care and pretty much loathes Zell. In the beginning of the 2nd disc you have Squall going out of his way to rescue Zell. At first he did not care about Rinoa and found her stupid and annoying. In the third disc he realizes she has everything he lacks and gowos a dependancy on her. Walking the road to Esthar with a comatose Rinoa on his back. Even in the end we can see Squall afraid of being alone after time kompression. At one point he appointed himself as Rinoa's knight in a way very similar to how Seifer became Edea's knight.

I don't feel like going on, but IMO the FF8 characters had a lot of depth and character development.

However you don't have to agree.

FF8's Triple Triad was awesome and addictive.

PS - AC is a mess. It completely ruined Cloud's FF7 character development. He just reset back to emo mode. But bah at least the movie was full of action.

Same here. It just pisses me off because they ruined an ending that had depth, lots of emotion and sacrifice just to give kids a happy ending.

Kenshinswife
i personally dont even consider it a sequel. It was more of Yunies miscellaneous adventures and a poor excuse for a "love" story tied to it. I was kind of mad that i wasted my time trying to find tidus when all i got was Shuyin and the notso good ending. It wasnt until i found out that i CAN get tidus back, before i picked the controller back up.

IMO, they should have either (a) left it alone at the end of x where you see tidus coming out of the water. Because that was good enough for me. A slight hope that they had let him out of the far plane to be woth yunie or (b) make x2 about yunie going to the farplane with her new crew to go get her man.

BackFire
That's cool because you don't have to agree with me.

I mentioned Irvine because he is the most explicit example of the character development. At first he is just cool, lonely and apparentely didn't care about anyone. Slowly we start to see this is not really the case. In the end it turned out Irvine was the only member of the party who was aware they all grew up together, and was shocked to find out none of them remembered. And that is why he stayed with them to find out the reason why only he remembers. Also at first we thought Irvine was just pussying out when he couldn't shoot Edea, but then we find out the reason he could not was because Edea was like a mother to him, and only he remembered.

About Squall? Sure he was angsty and emo. But he slowly started caring about people. In the first CD he does not care and pretty much loathes Zell. In the beginning of the 2nd disc you have Squall going out of his way to rescue Zell. At first he did not care about Rinoa and found her stupid and annoying. In the third disc he realizes she has everything he lacks and gowos a dependancy on her. Walking the road to Esthar with a comatose Rinoa on his back. Even in the end we can see Squall afraid of being alone after time kompression. At one point he appointed himself as Rinoa's knight in a way very similar to how Seifer became Edea's knight.

I don't feel like going on, but IMO the FF8 characters had a lot of depth and character development.

However you don't have to agree.

FF8's Triple Triad was awesome and addictive.

PS - AC is a mess. It completely ruined Cloud's FF7 character development. He just reset back to emo mode. But bah at least the movie was full of action.

Same here. It just pisses me off because they ruined an ending that had depth, lots of emotion and sacrifice just to give kids a happy ending.

That's not deep character development, IMO. That's lazy character development. Having characters make predictable changes is nothing special.

Ugh, you just reminded me of that stupid "we all grew up together" twist. God damn, that was about when I totally gave up hope on that game even coming close to the others I'd played. It was such a lazy twist, just like most of the plot movements in the game.

Violent2Dope
That's not deep character development, IMO. That's lazy character development. Having characters make predictable changes is nothing special.

Ugh, you just reminded me of that stupid "we all grew up together" twist. God damn, that was about when I totally gave up hope on that game even coming close to the others I'd played. It was such a lazy twist, just like most of the plot movements in the game. I don't agree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Xenogears
Final Fantasy 7 is the best video game in the world.

Violent2Dope
Final Fantasy 7 is the best video game in the world. I enjoyed it, and it gets more hate than it should, but I don't know about the best in the world.

Xenogears
I definitely was not being serious when I said that.

Violent2Dope
I definitely was not being serious when I said that. Oh. Lol. Are you one of the FFVII haters?

Xenogears
No, I'm one of the FFVII fanboy haters.

I love every media of the series. Too bad I've yet to play FF7-DoC, and I need to get a PSP so I can play Crisis Core.

Violent2Dope
No, I'm one of the FFVII fanboy haters. I hate fanboys plain and simple. Be they SF, FFVII, or Ryu Hayabusa, they all suck.

Xenogears
That they do.

Violent2Dope
ZOMGZLAWLZ! GOUKI COULD ONE SHOT THE WHOLE DC UNIVERSE CAUSE HE LIKE BLEW UP A METEOR WITH HIS SEXY FIST OF GODLY POWER!

Xenogears
Final Fantasy 7 as well as 8 are magnificent games. I can't decide which one was a better game to be honest.

Violent2Dope
Final Fantasy 7 as well as 8 are magnificent games. I can't decide which one was a better game to be honest. Me neither.

Lana
No, I'm one of the FFVII fanboy haters.

I love every media of the series. Too bad I've yet to play FF7-DoC, and I need to get a PSP so I can play Crisis Core.

I've heard DoC's not that great, to be honest.

Violent2Dope
I've heard DoC's not that great, to be honest. It was alright.

grey fox

It's pretty good , people just dislike the frequent cutscenes. Other then that it's a pretty sweet run-and-gun.

JToTheP

Well a few sites gave it 6's and 7's, and not many people I know own it, because they don't play Final Fantasy, but I've heard it's kind of a bland action game.

It's pretty good , people just dislike the frequent cutscenes. Other then that it's a pretty sweet run-and-gun.

Well, I assume that's opinion, since on GameFAQs user reviews, I never saw one 10/10. I think a game displays actual problems if not ONE user is oblivious enough to ignore small flaws and give a game a perfect 10.

vandalworks
a game does not need a 10/10 to be a good game. in my sense a game with 5/10 is an average game, something you'll enjoy if you like that genre or the subject matter.

Ushgarak
General vibe with reviewing has always been that 5/10 might be a statistical average in quality but that does not make it an 'average game'.

7/10 is generally considered to be the reasonable level of quality for those who like that sort of thing.

vandalworks
well several games magazines i read have stated that a score of 5/10 is the average. hence why they gave halo 2 8/10, not the general 9 or 10/10 it usually gets for being an overrated game.

Manslayer
EDIT

Personally FFXII is my favourite and followed by ten. Fran looked pretty good just that im not fond of the vieras bunny ears

And cheers to ryu hayabusa and FFVII fanboy haters

I hate fanboys plain and simple. Be they SF, FFVII, or Ryu Hayabusa, they all suck. Kotor fanboys are just as annoying and can cause hell alot of trouble. Some one like S_w_legend who severely overrates any SW KOTOR character and takes one of revans accomplishments and x10.

Sigh what he and he can never get over the fact that some kotor characters suck balls and is crude when compared to the SW power houses.

Ill stop here since this is going off topic

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Manslayer
EDIT

Personally FFXII is my favourite and followed by ten. Fran looked pretty good just that im not fond of the vieras bunny ears

And cheers to ryu hayabusa and FFVII fanboy haters

Kotor fanboys are just as annoying and can cause hell alot of trouble. Some one like S_w_legend who severely overrates any SW KOTOR character and takes one of revans accomplishments and x10.

Sigh what he and he can never get over the fact that some kotor characters suck balls and is crude when compared to the SW power houses.

Ill stop here since this is going off topic Yep. Thing about Revan is we don't know enough about him so using him in vs. matches kinda sucks.

grey fox
Well a few sites gave it 6's and 7's, and not many people I know own it, because they don't play Final Fantasy, but I've heard it's kind of a bland action game.

Well, I assume that's opinion, since on GameFAQs user reviews, I never saw one 10/10. I think a game displays actual problems if not ONE user is oblivious enough to ignore small flaws and give a game a perfect 10.

Opinion ?

Perhaps , but other then the frequent cutscenes , Nomura character designs and sometimes ...iffy voice acting it's pretty good.

JToTheP
Opinion ?

Perhaps , but other then the frequent cutscenes , Nomura character designs and sometimes ...iffy voice acting it's pretty good.

OBVIOUSLY reviews are opinions, but like I SAID there's usually ONE person to give a game a perfect 10, and considering this is a spin-off of 7, I'm surprised no one did.

Manslayer
Yep. Thing about Revan is we don't know enough about him so using him in vs. matches kinda sucks. True but we do know one thing about him. He is extremely powerful according to his achievements and statements made by other characters

Violent2Dope
True but we do know one thing about him. He is extremely powerful according to his achievements and statements made by other characters Yeah but compared to someone else powerful, say Nihilus for example, we really couldn't compare them accurately, and there will of course be the fanboys to make it even worse.

Superboy Prime
Yep. Thing about Revan is we don't know enough about him so using him in vs. matches kinda sucks.

We do know he managed to defeat a Star Forge Powered Up Sith Lord. That's impressive in it's own right.

Superboy Prime
Yeah but compared to someone else powerful, say Nihilus for example, we really couldn't compare them accurately, and there will of course be the fanboys to make it even worse.

Nihilus is even worse than Revan. At least Revan has feats that you can explain...Nihilus is just...well Nihilus. And since he wears a scream mask he must own. Meh.

Violent2Dope
Okay, I don't care if you diss Nihilus, but don't you DARE diss his awesome mask!mad

Xenogears
Okay, I don't care if you diss Nihilus, but don't you DARE diss his awesome mask!mad http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/Madsmiley.gif

Violent2Dope
Nihilus' mask is beyond gangster, this you cannot deny. It beats the shit out of Vader's pussy mask.

Superboy Prime
A very touching FFVII AMVjcVHho9Op1M

And then I had to go and look for FFX's ending...even after all these years this ending has the same impact on me as the first time I saw it. I don't know if it's the music, or the way the visuals catch the emotion, sacrifice and pain of the situation; but one thing's for certain: It is the best FF ending ever IMO.sPMFXfNk1IM

Superboy Prime
Even shed a tear...stupid ending sadwalk

Manslayer
Yeah but compared to someone else powerful, say Nihilus for example, we really couldn't compare them accurately, and there will of course be the fanboys to make it even worse. Uhh revan > nihilus. Even OT darth vader is superior to nihilus in force skill and force mastery. The only thing which nihilus has is his special force drain technique which sidious has and where many PT characters can counter with the fallanasi technique

Nikkolas
Nihilus would PWN OT Vader and Revan.

His Force TK is far beyond all of theirs. His mastery of the Force allows him to keep people alive in a spaceship full of breaches. He could effortlessly stun the Exile even while practically starving and then was overpowering the combined efforts of Viaas, the Mandalore adn the Exile.

Nihilus >>>>> Revan.

Superboy Prime
Why don't you guys take this discussion where it belongs?

Infinity
7 ftw

Violent2Dope
Right...well Nihilus aside, 7 and 8 were both great games, it's too hard to decide which is better.

Lana
Guys, I let the SW discussion go on long enough, now go find one of the many Revan vs. Nihilus threads that exist in the SW VS.

And then I had to go and look for FFX's ending...even after all these years this ending has the same impact on me as the first time I saw it. I don't know if it's the music, or the way the visuals catch the emotion, sacrifice and pain of the situation; but one thing's for certain: It is the best FF ending ever IMO.

The ending to FFX I simply loved. I'm kind of more of a fan of the not-quite-happy endings to things, and damn did that deliver.

Yeah, I've beaten that game something like 6 times and the ending still makes me cry...

Superboy Prime
*SPOILERS*

What I love about FFX's story is that in the beginnning it is Yuna who is working hard, selflessly sacrificing herself, for the sake of Spira. In the end it is Tidus who ends up sacrificing himself for Spira. It was a nice turning point for me, and that in turn served to show Tidus's strength and bravery. Anyone with a 6 foot long sword can act tough, badass and brave. Not many would go on, knowing what the end-result would bring, like Tidus did. Bravest most heroic FF protagonist ever: Tidus.

It takes a true hero to sacrifice himself for those he loves.

Xenogears
A very touching FFVII AMVjcVHho9Op1M

And then I had to go and look for FFX's ending...even after all these years this ending has the same impact on me as the first time I saw it. I don't know if it's the music, or the way the visuals catch the emotion, sacrifice and pain of the situation; but one thing's for certain: It is the best FF ending ever IMO.sPMFXfNk1IM Originally posted by Superboy Prime
*SPOILERS*

What I love about FFX's story is that in the beginnning it is Yuna who is working hard, selflessly sacrificing herself, for the sake of Spira. In the end it is Tidus who ends up sacrificing himself for Spira. It was a nice turning point for me, and that in turn served to show Tidus's strength and bravery. Anyone with a 6 foot long sword can act tough, badass and brave. Not many would go on, knowing what the end-result would bring, like Tidus did. Bravest most heroic FF protagonist ever: Tidus.

It takes a true hero to sacrifice himself for those he loves. yes

Violent2Dope
*SPOILERS*

It takes a true hero to sacrifice himself for those he loves. yes

Manslayer
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Nihilus would PWN OT Vader and Revan.

His Force TK is far beyond all of theirs. His mastery of the Force allows him to keep people alive in a spaceship full of breaches. He could effortlessly stun the Exile even while practically starving and then was overpowering the combined efforts of Viaas, the Mandalore adn the Exile.

Nihilus >>>>> Revan.

I wont even argue with here since you have been wtf pwned for claiming nihilus > revan and vader. If you want to bring it on start a nihilus vs revan + vader thread back at SWV and i garentee ill destroy all your assertions and on top of that acstyles gideon jolly jim and darth sexy are going to do the same thing.

But as lana said ill stop

JToTheP

I knew someone agreed with me about ragesRemorse.

Superboy Prime
All I know is that Square Enix will eventually remake FFVII. It's too tempting not to do it considering it's their greatest Milking Cow.

Xenogears
All I know is that Square Enix will eventually remake FFVII. It's too tempting not to do it considering it's their greatest Milking Cow. reading

Violent2Dope
All I know is that Square Enix will eventually remake FFVII. It's too tempting not to do it considering it's their greatest Milking Cow. Yeah I agree, none of their other projects have been given so much attention.

JToTheP
Yeah I agree, none of their other projects have been given so much attention.

That's cuz their only good games are Star Ocean 3, and the re-releases of the original FF series.

Superboy Prime
Thank god for having different assholes and opinions, bud.

Violent2Dope
That's cuz their only good games are Star Ocean 3, and the re-releases of the original FF series. Opinion, not fact.

Xenogears
That's cuz their only good games are Star Ocean 3, and the re-releases of the original FF series. I wonder just how many people share that same opinion.

JToTheP
I wonder just how many people share that same opinion.

Not many, but then again they still complain about 12, they just refuse to agree with me since I hate FF 7, and they're pathetic enough to toss out $200 on ebay for a copy of the game. I'll be baiting the nerds soon enough and rake in the money.

Violent2Dope
Damn people are payin 200$ for FFVII?

Xenogears
I'd pay a million bucks for it.

JToTheP
I'll keep that in mind Xenogears.

Xenogears
I hope you realize that was a joke.

JToTheP
Obviously, no game is worth over $100 anyway, which is why that Halo 3 bundle is a waste. The Legendary one.

Superboy Prime
Wait...people actually pay 200 bucks for FF7? HOLY SHIT I'll SAY MINE!

Manslayer
Not many, but then again they still complain about 12, they just refuse to agree with me since I hate FF 7, and they're pathetic enough to toss out $200 on ebay for a copy of the game. I'll be baiting the nerds soon enough and rake in the money. Oh thats just absurd especially when i can buy it for US $15 which is the original disc.

FFVII fanboys display tremendous stupidity and extreme bias like "!t i$ Th3 B3sT G@m3 !n Teh W0rlD!!!!!!!!!!!!11" when its not

Oh and IMO FFXII > FFVII.

The majority of the ones who complain about FFXII in my opinion are the raging hormone fanboys of FFVII. A few months back i read an article where many people agreed FFXII took over FFVII and what i noticed was that the ones who tried to downplay FFXII were the stupid super fanboys of FFVII

Now if they make a remake of FFVII then id say it wouldnt be overrated

All I know is that Square Enix will eventually remake FFVII. It's too tempting not to do it considering it's their greatest Milking Cow. Speculation. I wouldnt be quick to say they will remake it but i do agree that they might.

Whats hilarious is that ffvii fanboys claimed graphics dont play a part in a good game and that they dont even care if FFVII had terrible graphics in comparison to today yet they want a remake because of the ps3 graphics...

Stupid hypocrites

Lana
Most people who complain about FFXII complain that they don't like the gameplay.

Which is ironic, because most of the time they're people who've complained about how pointless status effects always were in battles and disliking random encounters, which are two things that were majorly changed in XII.

Some people are just impossible to please.

Manslayer
Most people who complain about FFXII complain that they don't like the gameplay.

Which is ironic, because most of the time they're people who've complained about how pointless status effects always were in battles and disliking random encounters, which are two things that were majorly changed in XII.

Some people are just impossible to please. messed Thats another good point you brought up lana.

Most of the ffxii haters i know are the ffvii super fanboys but i guess yours is right too

JToTheP
Oh thats just absurd especially when i can buy it for US $15 which is the original disc.

FFVII fanboys display tremendous stupidity and extreme bias like "!t i$ Th3 B3sT G@m3 !n Teh W0rlD!!!!!!!!!!!!11" when its not

Oh and IMO FFXII > FFVII.

The majority of the ones who complain about FFXII in my opinion are the raging hormone fanboys of FFVII. A few months back i read an article where many people agreed FFXII took over FFVII and what i noticed was that the ones who tried to downplay FFXII were the stupid super fanboys of FFVII

Now if they make a remake of FFVII then id say it wouldnt be overrated

Speculation. I wouldnt be quick to say they will remake it but i do agree that they might.

Whats hilarious is that ffvii fanboys claimed graphics dont play a part in a good game and that they dont even care if FFVII had terrible graphics in comparison to today yet they want a remake because of the ps3 graphics...

Stupid hypocrites

Most 7 fans haven't played 1-6 either, so of course since 12 has gameplay like 11, so I've heard at least, they hate it.

7 fanboys are the most ridiculous people on the face of the earth, and loathe anything that doesn't have the useless Aerith, that jackass Cloud, or the long-haired douchebag Sephiroth.

They ruin every possible thread relating to discussing 7, by always posting garbage, which makes me follow up with *spoilers** AERITH IS DEAD LOSER! *spoilers* I'd do it again and again if I knew it would do something, when it does nothing.

I don't care what argument there is about 7, fine it may of been original for RPGs, but there's no reason for TEN years it should STILL be mentioned at ALL. I have barely seen Mario RPG, Mario World, Mario Bros. 3, Mario Bros. 1, Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3, Zelda:LTTP, Super Metroid, and Zelda:OoT mentioned as historical landmarks, when TONS of people agree they are some of the greatest games ever made.

Oh well, most 7 fanboys wont get anywhere in life without being able to mention 7 in their resume anyway, and then fail regardless.

And actually, I'd love for a remake, since all they would do is ***** and criticize (probably) how it 'ISN'T THE SAME FF7 OH N03Z 1T SUX0RZ!!!111!!!' So I Would sit back and watch them cry over stupid garbage, again.

Oh, and not to mention they ruin every GameFAQs summer competition, they need to do a competition without FF at ALL one year.

Manslayer
Most 7 fans haven't played 1-6 either, so of course since 12 has gameplay like 11, so I've heard at least, they hate it.
Very true though the gameplay of FFXII is similar to FFXI. Not identical. And because they (fanboi of ff7) havnt played FFXII. They diss it out claiming it sucks or they diss at it when many people made a statement saying that FFXII overtook FFVII for the fact that in many peoples perspective FFXII is alot greater

7 fanboys are the most ridiculous people on the face of the earth, and loathe anything that doesn't have the useless Aerith, that jackass Cloud, or the long-haired douchebag Sephiroth.

Very very ridiculous indeed. I hate the materia leveling system especially when you compare it to the sphere grid or license board and yet i hear ffvii fanboys claiming materia is the best lvling system in final fantasy. Pft yea right. From my point of view it sucks.

who woo be f***in do i dont even understand whats so great about fvii. No doubt it is good but is it THAT good? Hell no.

Im beginning to think that they love FFVII so much is due to sephiroth, aerith and girly cloud.

Sephiroth is badass

But guess what? Vayne solidor annihilates him in every aspect and vayne is a much greater villian than every FF villian save for kefka imo.

And whats so "cool" about cloud? Again balthier would finish him in that category and if the fanboys are gonna ramble that "tifa is hot" Fran(imo) and Ashe clearly take this

Dont get it wrong but i do like FFVII but i do not overhype it as the fanboys do.

FFVII fanboys are an embarrassment to mankind

My goal? To bash every FFVII fanboy out there.

grey fox
I'd prefer a re-make simply for the graphical quality and better translation.

Lana
My goal? To bash every FFVII fanboy out there.

Better not do it here.

Superboy Prime
Such a mature stand to have "Bash every FF7" fan as a goal in life.

Violent2Dope
You know, just because you dislike FFXII and think FFVII is better doesn't make you a fanboy.

Manslayer
Such a mature stand to have "Bash every FF7" fan as a goal in life. Theres a difference between bashing a fan of ffvii and a fanboy of ffvii. Now do you think i would bash a fan of ffvii? No. Would i bash a super fanboy of ffvii which shows tremendous bias and makes ridiculous assertions? Hell yes. Of course i wouldnt do it here but rather do it to the ones in FFXI since its an online game and a hub of ffvii super fanboys

And no it isnt a major goal in life as i could just forget about it. And when i mean "bash" i dont mean like flaming. I would just take the facts and shove it in their face and destroy their assertions which i have been doing

@violent2dope

I backed up what i said. The ffvii fanboys admitted it

Lana
And I don't care what method you go about it, I said there's going to be no bashing here.

Manslayer
And I don't care what method you go about it, I said there's going to be no bashing here. Does arguing with facts count as bashing? I doubt it and its hardly a method since this is not relevant to bashing in the general terms.

Again when i "bash" ffvii super fanboys, all there is going to be is a debate and facts. No swearing, no flaming. Im not bashing them in a sense which would get me striked with a warning or worse a ban.

So no. Arguing with facts isnt disputed as bashing less i start flinging insults.

And if i were to bash in the general term it wouldnt be here on KMC as i would know what will happen.

So no worries

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>