Spinner's End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
I'm pretty sure there has not been a topic on this, but have searched nonetheless. This has also probably been noticed by the majority of you in the books, but it deserves a discussion nonetheless.

-Severus Snape through the series is referred to as a "Spider".

-He takes up residence during the summer at "Spinner's End".

-We can obviously apply some symbolism and say Severus Snape has spun many webs of deception, evidence in his role for the Order of the Phoenix and the events of The Half Blood Prince.

This may simply fuction as "yet another" thread on the subject of Snape's alliegence, but I hope bearing in mind the use of our eight legged friends in the exposive descriptions of him, it might jaunt the discussion towards the attribute.

Any thoughts, or any finds regarding the use of Spiders (I'm looking at the Chamber of Secrets and Aragog but I don't have the time of the day).

H. S. 6
I wasn't aware Snape was referred to as a spider... confused

exanda kane

Darth Macabre
Snape's going to bite it, it would seem.

Running Mascara
laughing out loud

Originally posted by H. S. 6
I wasn't aware Snape was referred to as a spider... confused

Me neither ermmhappy

Selina*Starfire
He was more often referred to as an "overgrown bat". haermm

Darth Macabre
He doesn't necessarily have to be regarded as a spider in order for "Spinner's end" to have meaning. He's a double agent, he spins lies.

Running Mascara
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire

yea!! haermm

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
He doesn't necessarily have to be regarded as a spider in order for "Spinner's end" to have meaning. He's a double agent, he spins lies.
Yep ermmhappy

exanda kane
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire

Then why isn't he live in the Bat Cave? Why was the answer to the riddle not Bat? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm hoping that someone knows more about Spiders than me and perhaps see a pattern in Snape's action. All I know of is the Black Widow business, but alas I do not know how that could work. Of course, you want to suggest Snape had a bit of a "by midnight" thing for Lily, and technically had her killed.

Obviously, fallen on death ears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.