This Team vs 300 Spartans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Spartans have standard equipment off the movie/graphic novel, with headdresses on all their helmets.

But theyre going up against:

Batman -standard equipment
Captain America -shield
Daredevil -billies

braz
I say Spartans win stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Spartans die. stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by braz
Spartans have standard equipment off the movie/graphic novel, with headdresses on all their helmets.

But theyre going up against:

Batman -standard equipment
Captain America -shield
Daredevil -billies

spartans lose

braz
Hm. 100 to 1, r u guys really sure? confused

DARKLORDCAEDUS
PLEASE PLEASE NO MORE 300 THREADS. Great film though. Anyhow, Team one survives and is oh so victorious.

don't shiv
spartans Assemble

complexbrother
Spartians win.

Stupid Rookie
Spartans lose. Cap has taken out dozens of shield agents with guns, DD is no joke, and Bats with all his standard gear... that is a lot of deadly stuff. I realize 100:1 is a huge number, but I would count on Bats gear being used to lower the number pretty quickly. Still I think the 300 could pull some victories.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Spartans lose. Cap has taken out dozens of shield agents with guns, DD is no joke, and Bats with all his standard gear... that is a lot of deadly stuff. I realize 100:1 is a huge number, but I would count on Bats gear being used to lower the number pretty quickly. Still I think the 300 could pull some victories.

You guys are nuts... Dozens ok fine... maybe 24 at most. This is 300 lets say they all take out two dozen each that still leaves 228.
There is no way those three can take out 300 bad asses with swords, spears, and shields. Not happenning EVER!!! You have to realize numbers do count especially against street levellers who can be killed with conventional weaponry.

braz

Idunno if they'd take a majority but I agree that the trio will take some wins here. Most likely, I could see them taking out 150 Spartans, at best I'd say they could beat them. Only about 1-2/10 though. To win, they'd have to attack from a far distance to take out alot before the 300 swarm them, meaning Capt would have to throw his shield several times really hard to go a long ways to take out a good chunk of them, same for DD with his billy clubs, which I dont think he can throw them that far erm and Batman would have to do the same with his couple of bat-grenades, batarangs and then when they get in close, he can throw down some tear gas/smoke, and thats where they most likely die IMO. sad But I'd say Capt is most likely the last one fighting and maybe even standing because of his steel chain mail>>bronze weaponry.

nimbus006
Idunno if they'd take a majority but I def agree that the trio will take some wins here. Most likely, I could see them taking out 150-200 Spartans, at best I'd say they could beat them. Only about 2-3/10 though. To win, they'd have to attack from a far distance to take out alot before the 300 swarm them, meaning Capt would have to throw his shield several times really hard to go a long ways to take out a good chunk of them, same for DD with his billy clubs, and Batman would have to do the same with his couple of bat-grenades, batarangs and then when they get in close, he can throw down some tear gas/smoke, and thats where they most likely die IMO. sad But I'd say Capt is most likely the last one fighting and maybe even standing because of his steel chain mail>>bronze weaponry.

Guys the Spartans are no pushovers, they are master strategist just like these 3. The trio takes out 50 at best then go down really hard. If you've ever been in a fight you should know that even a 2 to 1 ratio is ridiculous advantage (This is 100 to 1). Each one has to take out 100 spartans. Lets not even get into fatigue, cuz these guys are still human. Even if they attack from a distance the Spartans are notoriuos for having an incredible defense called a phalanx. They would need machine guns to really penetrate it.

Caps Conscience
Batman take out one hundred by himself in the first ten minutes with a gas granades. DD curbstomp ninjas in massive numbers for kicks so he is going to take down quite few I say 75. Cap just plays the cut thrown the shield around killing probably 60 or so. Adamantium/Vibranium Alloy>>>>>>>>>Bronze. So lets see 300-100-75-60=65+1 Got to count Lionidas. 66 vs three HTH. Team wins. cool

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by nimbus006
Guys the Spartans are no pushovers, they are master strategist just like these 3. The trio takes out 50 at best then go down really hard. If you've ever been in a fight you should know that even a 2 to 1 ratio is ridiculous advantage (This is 100 to 1). Each one has to take out 100 spartans. Lets not even get into fatigue, cuz these guys are still human. Even if they attack from a distance the Spartans are notoriuos for having an incredible defense called a phalanx. They would need machine guns to really penetrate it.

Caps shield will go right through their bronze shield like hot knife through butter.

Stupid Rookie

Machine guns to penetrate a phalanx huh??

I guess those Roman Centurions had machine guns. The phalanx was a great strategy until people figured out ways to beat it. And honestly the phalanx helps the team here. Phalanx was way too close together, increasing the body count from bat grenades, or gas.

Using the Phalanx against this team is suicide. Cap's shied can easily break any and all spears. Picture a row of 200 spears, Cap throws his shield which bounces off a rock and cuts perpendicular to the spears, cutting them all. I mean that is just one example.

Also Spartans are no joke, but IMO this team could easily take out 50 shield agents with all their weapons, and 50 armed shield agents would shred the 300.

I have no reason to believe that the 300 would succeed where teams of ninjas and trained killers have not.

Also I agree in a real fight a 2:1 difference can be really hard to overcome, but these are comic book characters.

braz
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Caps shield will go right through their bronze shield like hot knife through butter.

Pretty much. And like Stupid said, (sorry, but thats ur name laughing ) the phalanx would only worsen the Spartans' chances of winning because theyre so close together and Capts shield would just mow them down.

Stupid Rookie
Pretty much. And like Stupid said, (sorry, but thats ur name laughing ) the phalanx would only worsen the Spartans' chances of winning because theyre so close together and Capts shield would just mow them down.

Yeah I need to change my name.

But yeah I think the fighting style of the Spartans plays right into the team's hands. Think about what gas, or exploding batarangs could do in a tight spot.

braz
Yeah I need to change my name.

But yeah I think the fighting style of the Spartans plays right into the team's hands. Think about what gas, or exploding batarangs could do in a tight spot.

Yup, I dont think the gas would be too bad though, except if theyre in the phalanx like u said, I mean cuz primative explosives didnt seem to shake em, but modern ones? Yeah, theyre dead.

charlemagne9746
It is true that the phalanx is a disadvantage in this fight...but it would be wrong to say that the Spartans wouldn't adjust their tactics once they realized that they were getting slaughtered. Spartans are soldiers. They are highly experienced with battle tactics.

If the situation called for it, the Spartans could employ what is known as Fabian tactics. Although this type of warfare was not known until the Punic Wars when Fabius Maximus utilized it to stop the Carthaginian phalanx and their onslaught of elephants. George Washington even used it to combat the more experienced British army during the American Revolution.

I'm not saying that the 300 would defenitely win if they used this type of warfare, but it would make things tougher for the comic trio. The point is...I don't think the 300 are just gonna stand there using the phalanx when it would become apparent rather quickly that their formation was not working. They would adjust....and Leonidas was a smart enough soldier and leader to change battle tactics on the fly.

braz
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
It is true that the phalanx is a disadvantage in this fight...but it would be wrong to say that the Spartans wouldn't adjust their tactics once they realized that they were getting slaughtered. Spartans are soldiers. They are highly experienced with battle tactics.

If the situation called for it, the Spartans could employ what is known as Fabian tactics. Although this type of warfare was not known until the Punic Wars when Fabius Maximus utilized it to stop the Carthaginian phalanx and their onslaught of elephants. George Washington even used it to combat the more experienced British army during the American Revolution.

I'm not saying that the 300 would defenitely win if they used this type of warfare, but it would make things tougher for the comic trio. The point is...I don't think the 300 are just gonna stand there using the phalanx when it would become apparent rather quickly that their formation was not working. They would adjust....and Leonidas was a smart enough soldier and leader to change battle tactics on the fly.

Yeah, Im not saying they'll be in the phalanx though, they probably wont also because they used that to create an impenetrable force with a 'forest of spears'(actually what the word phalanx means) to stop a massive army such as the Persians had, here its only 3 guys, so they'll most likely just charge at Capt, Batman and Daredevil. but I still say about 150 Spartans would go down, 50 about for each. Why? Capt uses his shield which has basically endless momentum(made of Vibranium) and takes down several as its coming to them, and the same amout when it comes back to Capt. DD does the same with his clubs, except not quite as effective IMO, and Batman just goes gadget-crazy for awhile and then uses smoke/tear gas when the Spartans get in closer, then thats when they die.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by charlemagne9746

Wasn't the Fabian strategy more of a war of Attrition than an actual military strategy? It involved avoiding Hanibal, and not actually engaging him, in an effort to strain his supplies and to prevent him from gaining another victory and with it the support of the locals.

I don't see how this matters. Any tactical mastery would be by the team. Cap knows more than pretty much anyone else, and Bats is no slouch.

Also you do realize that Fabian was somewhat later than the 300...

Talking about the Phalanx was in response to a suggestion that is would help, I agree that they won't just sit there, I just don't think they will lay a hand on 3 uber street level guys like this, with better weapons.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
You guys are nuts... Dozens ok fine... maybe 24 at most. This is 300 lets say they all take out two dozen each that still leaves 228.
There is no way those three can take out 300 bad asses with swords, spears, and shields. Not happenning EVER!!! You have to realize numbers do count especially against street levellers who can be killed with conventional weaponry.

Just because they are outnumbered doesn't mean anything. Did you ever watch Bruce Lee movies? Now secondly, All the gear Batman carries, he can take out a whole lot of them before he even starts punching and kicking. And Capt America and DD will take out their fair share also. BM,CA and DD win.

Hannibal-Lector
Leonidus after hearing about captons shield = indestructable: "Indestructable? We'll put its name to the test..."
(few minutes later)
"Shit it is indestructable... its a good thing we stabbed him and his 2 friends....."

Arctic
Holy crud these three guys get majorly pwned.

nimbus006
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Just because they are outnumbered doesn't mean anything. Did you ever watch Bruce Lee movies? Now secondly, All the gear Batman carries, he can take out a whole lot of them before he even starts punching and kicking. And Capt America and DD will take out their fair share also. BM,CA and DD win.

Bruce Lee movies roll eyes (sarcastic)... are you being serious? Sorry to dissapoint you but they lose very hard. They get rushed, maybe take out 50-75 Spartans then die very horrible deaths. People keep bringing up the fact that Cap and DD have taken out a dozen shield agents. Ok fine a dozen is nothing compared to 300. Its a huge difference Im just trying to be realistic. Skill can only take you so far, they dont have any superhuman stamina (save cap, but even he tires) that would allow them to fight for hours upon hours, which is how long it would take to finish these guys off.

Another huge factor is where the fight takes place.

braz
Bruce Lee movies roll eyes (sarcastic)... are you being serious? Sorry to dissapoint you but they lose very hard. They get rushed, maybe take out 50-75 Spartans then die very horrible deaths. People keep bringing up the fact that Cap and DD have taken out a dozen shield agents. Ok fine a dozen is nothing compared to 300. Its a huge difference Im just trying to be realistic. Skill can only take you so far, they dont have any superhuman stamina (save cap, but even he tires) that would allow them to fight for hours upon hours, which is how long it would take to finish these guys off.

Another huge factor is where the fight takes place.

Bruce Lee was a real martial artist though, possibly the best ever..! He could pwn ANYONE! shifty But I gotta say, I think they could take around 150 Spartans if they keep their distance and use it effectively long enough(doesnt matter they still die), but Batman has 'rangs and grenades, Capt-shield which can go on like forever and billy clubs for DD which are all ranged attacks. And not to mention, Capts chainmail would be quite effective in this fight considering its high-carbon steel at the least and all the Spartans have is bronze crap erm IMO, Cap takes out the most Spartans.

quanchi112
300 spartans vs these three decimate them. tear them limb from limb. to many against just three.

nimbus006
Bruce Lee was a real martial artist though, possibly the best ever..! He could pwn ANYONE! shifty But I gotta say, I think they could take around 150 Spartans if they keep their distance and use it effectively long enough(doesnt matter they still die), but Batman has 'rangs and grenades, Capt-shield which can go on like forever and billy clubs for DD which are all ranged attacks. And not to mention, Capts chainmail would be quite effective in this fight considering its high-carbon steel at the least and all the Spartans have is bronze crap erm IMO, Cap takes out the most Spartans.

LOL I know he was one of the best, but dont use his movies and proof for why numbers dont matter in a fight.

Agreed Cap would take out the most Spartans. 150 though is still alot, dont know if they can kill that many.

Stupid Rookie
First of all Cap and Bats can both fight for days. Literally days. I am not sure about Dardevil, but I have seen him take on tons of ninjas and not seem too tired. Cap can run a mile in like one minute or something ridic like that. Also given Bat's suit, do you even think a spartan arrow or spear could do anything to him? 50 Spartans would die before they knew what was happeneing, due to explosive devices.
I agree dozens in less than a hundred, but guns are way better than spears. As I said earlier, 50 shield agents could kill all 300 Spartans imo with guns etc. If Cap can dodge and angle bullets, how are spears going to hit him. Realistically they can also run away, use distance for a while, and then run again. Caps and bats will tire much slower than the 300 imo, especially Cap.

Arctic
They still get majorly owned. Cap will probably be the last to go down but they all three get majorly pwned after a while.

nimbus006
First of all Cap and Bats can both fight for days. Literally days. I am not sure about Dardevil, but I have seen him take on tons of ninjas and not seem too tired. Cap can run a mile in like one minute or something ridic like that. Also given Bat's suit, do you even think a spartan arrow or spear could do anything to him? 50 Spartans would die before they knew what was happeneing, due to explosive devices.
I agree dozens in less than a hundred, but guns are way better than spears. As I said earlier, 50 shield agents could kill all 300 Spartans imo with guns etc. If Cap can dodge and angle bullets, how are spears going to hit him. Realistically they can also run away, use distance for a while, and then run again. Caps and bats will tire much slower than the 300 imo, especially Cap.

I dont think thats accurate. Cap and Bats cannot fight for days they are enhanced human at best.

llagrok
We've seen Daredevil maw his way through The Hand ninjas.

Caps Conscience
I dont think thats accurate. Cap and Bats cannot fight for days they are enhanced human at best.

I think it was a figure of speech more than an accurate portrayal.

Stupid Rookie
Ok I was exaggerating a little, this fight is not going to last days, but I have seen Cap and Bats fight long battles, against stronger opponents. They both can stay awake for long periods, and as I stated earlier, I don't know that the 300 would have an easy time piercing their armor.

braz
Ok I was exaggerating a little, this fight is not going to last days, but I have seen Cap and Bats fight long battles, against stronger opponents. They both can stay awake for long periods, and as I stated earlier, I don't know that the 300 would have an easy time piercing their armor.

Really Caps the one thats gunna be the biggest problem for the Spartans with his steel chainmail, which came out in Medieval times and its even more advanced around our time. And with Capt's reflexes and speed, he could brawl for awhile IMO, but would eventually die by too many spears at once or being stabbed in the face. Batman however, only has kevlar around his chest and a kevlar cowl, the rest is Nomex tights. And DD I dont know what his suit is made of. confused

Caps Conscience
Really Caps the one thats gunna be the biggest problem for the Spartans with his steel chainmail, which came out in Medieval times and its even more advanced around our time. And with Capt's reflexes and speed, he could brawl for awhile IMO, but would eventually die by too many spears at once or being stabbed in the face. Batman however, only has kevlar around his chest and a kevlar cowl, the rest is Nomex tights. And DD I dont know what his suit is made of. confused

This team has better long range attacks. Who says the the battle is going to get close enough to where the have to brawl? More then likely whats going to happen is that the team is going to run into a wooded area and start setting traps until the numbers favor them.

braz
This team has better long range attacks. Who says the the battle is going to get close enough to where the have to brawl? More then likely whats going to happen is that the team is going to run into a wooded area and start setting traps until the numbers favor them.

A wooded area, in Thermopylae? confused

Stupid Rookie

Not a bad idea. Realistically, Caps is a great strategist, and would figure something out.

Caps Conscience
A wooded area, in Thermopylae? confused

The location was never specified. Happy Dance

braz
The location was never specified. Happy Dance

Damn you!. mad You're right, I couldve sworn I put the setting on there.
cursing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.