Darth Bandon vs. AOTC Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
This should be a bit closer than Bandon vs. Maul, I'm not certain who wins. I'll probably get yelled at foir making a Bandon thread, though. mad

jollyjim311
Evidence points to Obi Wan.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kenobi would seem to be victorious here.

overlord
Yea, Kenobi isn't some force noob like Maul. This isn't worth a discussion.

VinCon01
I'm going with Obi-Wan. Like Maul, the simple fact is that we know the specifics of Obi-Wan's feats, and most of them are pretty impressive. With Bandon, we still only have a few vague quotes, with little detail on exactly what he can do.

kiddo44
Kenobi and the mullet take this, AOTC Kenobi is always underestimated, he was very powerful in AOTC.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by kiddo44
Kenobi and the mullet take this, AOTC Kenobi is always underestimated, he was very powerful in AOTC.

Quoted For Truth.

S_W_LeGenD
How AOTC is going to defend against Death Field technique?

jollyjim311
I would have to guess the Force.

Asajj has been known to pop hearts and Kenobi faired well against her every time.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I would have to guess the Force.

Asajj has been known to pop hearts and Kenobi faired well against her every time.
This is an inadequate reasoning.

jollyjim311
How would Bandon have a prayer in melee combat when he can only attack once every three seconds?

alterangel
Obi wan pwns and then lets R4 fly him to Dexters for some well deserved caf

S_W_LeGenD
How would Bandon have a prayer in melee combat when he can only attack once every three seconds?
You are using the limitation of "Game Mechanics" of an old game actually to back your assertion. This is not an adequate level of reasoning.

ThoraxeRMG

Lmao, good one. eek!

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Lmao, good one. eek!

Originally posted by alterangel
Obi wan pwns and then lets R4 fly him to Dexters for some well deserved caf

Darth Subjekt
OK first, prove he can attack faster than that.

OB1 defending against other force attacks with the force is not inadequate reasoning...its deductive reasoning.

Also, if game mechanics is the most we really have to go off of, it will have to suffice. If you don't like, then b!tch at the thread maker for using someone that we don't have a wealth of knowledge about.

Count Makashi
Teh Bandon is teh Uber, he kills an unsuspecting soldier on Malaks ship, that is teh impressive. I ask you good people of KMC, what has Obi-Wan ever do, to compare to that?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Teh Bandon is teh Uber, he kills an unsuspecting soldier on Malaks ship, that is teh impressive. I ask you good people of KMC, what has Obi-Wan ever do, to compare to that?
Here is some good read about Darth Bandon: Click!

If he really sucked, canon sources would not have spoken highly about him.

Count Makashi
I was joking dude, but Bandon is to of unknown, so Kenobi wins by default.

VinCon01
While I agree that he doesn't suck, that entry doesn't say much about him.

1) Great strength in the Force. Yeah, anyone above average can be considered as having "great strength in the Force". It fails to identify exactly how great it is compared to something else. If I can lift four hundred pounds, I can lift a lot of weight. That doesn't change the fact that someone who's lifting four hundred and ten, four hundred and fifty, or even five hundred is still capable of lifting more. Without something to show us what his "great strength in the Force" can do, all we know is that he was better than the average KOTOR era Jedi/Dark Jedi.

2) Many Jedi fell beneath his lightsaber. What it fails to identify is how good those Jedi were, how the fight went, who was involved, and so on and so forth. It doesn't specify any of the things that are needed to judge his skill. If he had two dozen Sith Troopers shoot the Jedi in the legs and then he chopped their defenseless heads off, then they still fell beneath his blade. It doesn't say that he had help, but it doesn't say he did it alone. It doesn't say that the Jedi he faced sucked, but it doesn't say they were good either. It doesn't say that they were Padawans, but it doesn't say they were Masters either.

3) Some in the Sith hierarchy wondered if Bandon would someday rise to challenge Malak for the mantle of Dark Lord. Note the key terms "Some", "Wondered", and "Someday".

- Some Sith thought he would do it. But then, some people think that we didn't land on the moon.

- Wondered. Those "some" wondered if he would do so. They didn't know. They weren't sure. They just considered the possibility.

- Someday. Not at that moment. Not as we saw him. Someday = Some time in the future.

From this, we get: Some of the Sith (Not all) didn't know if he could/would do so, but considered the possibility that sometime in the future, Bandom might challenge Malak.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by VinCon01
But then, some people think know that we didn't land on the moon.

VinCon01
Heh. My bad.

Bobafett34
obi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.