Judge Dredd deserves another movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The Judge himself needs another movie or even a reboot start from the beginning and forgot about the other one was even made, as for the actor maybe jason strathem would do a good judge dredd

discuss ??

ADarksideJedi
The first one sucks!Why make another one?jm

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Judge himself needs another movie or even a reboot start from the beginning and forgot about the other one was even made, as for the actor maybe jason strathem would do a good judge dredd

discuss ??

I liked the first Judge Dread, I'd watch a second one if it came out, as long as it wasn't PG-13.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Judge Dredd as a piece of crap. There is absolutely no need to reboot this.

Passione
I enjoyed the film but the character has a whole was a waste of space

Bicnarok

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Judge Dredd as a piece of crap. There is absolutely no need to reboot this.

yes there is a need to reboot it the judge dredd comics have a good story to them

start the movies off with his back story him being created as a clone then have The Robot Wars story arc included into it

DARKLORDCAEDUS
yes there is a need to reboot it the judge dredd comics have a good story to them

start the movies off with his back story him being created as a clone then have The Robot Wars story arc included into it

I loved the comics, but to reboot something that nobody saw in the first place. Not good. However, if a good script and talented actor comes along, then perhaps it would be prudent to redo it.

ragesRemorse
THe movie was horrid, and i personally think dredd's character is two one dimensional for a movie

Menetnashté
The biggest mistake of the first was casting Stallone...besides Rocky I've never seen him in anything I'd care to see again.

steverules
Judge Dredd is a clone?

Kazenji
Yes. I'm pretty sure they also mention that in the movie can't remember have'nt watched it in a while.

Originally posted by Menetnashté
The biggest mistake of the first was casting Stallone...besides Rocky I've never seen him in anything I'd care to see again.

How about his other franchise Rambo also Demolition man and Copland ?

ragesRemorse

DARKLORDCAEDUS
How much should a possible reboot cost? Would anybody wanna do it?

Kazenji
Well they manage to get people for the reboot of the batman franchise "Batman Begins" so i don't see why this should be any different.

don't shiv
A] Dredd's dna/life force is widely recognised as the most vital in tHE Future World of The Mega Cities So whether he was cloned or found floating in a River in The Cursed Earth is Irrellevant.

B] The more you read Judge Dredd the more you realise the depth to The character as well as the way a strong cast is used in writing the stories. I was reading Satans Island yesterday and the interaction at Orloks Trial was immense from the introduction of the 3 Presiding judges Gunthar Wing and Saldar and the defense presented by Judge Emry. Man when Judge Dredd is written by a pro That character is compelling

c] Urban Myth
its a stereotype Dredd is a fascist blood crazy hard cop
Its universally known The character is firm and fair. Lethal Force is only used in exceptional circumstances Dredd is the best shot in the Justice Department if he wants you to stop running he'll shoot you in a non lethal manner and call an H Wagon

D] The movie was poor. A winning recipe would be commission Wagner to tailor the script and play an active role in direction
The casting IMO should ignore Big name Stars and recruit hungry talent wishing to break into the big time
The backstory and origins should be ignored completely people go to a movie to step into another realm to be entertained. With a good story a viewer can get into it like one . two . three. In.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Well they manage to get people for the reboot of the batman franchise "Batman Begins" so i don't see why this should be any different.

Theres a big difference between Batman and Judge Dredd. Dredd while good never had the wide audience that Batman has loved.

Kazenji
Originally posted by don't shiv

The backstory and origins should be ignored completely people go to a movie to step into another realm to be entertained

I beg to differ about the "backstory and origins should be ignored"

don't shiv
beg beg

beg some more

Origins can be included as an Xtra on the dvd doped

Bigon
Where were the Dark Judges?

Kazenji
Originally posted by don't shiv
beg beg

beg some more

Origins can be included as an Xtra on the dvd doped

And thats just a lazy way out of it.

big gay kirk
The only way would welcome a new Dredd movie would be if Wagner and Grant, or any of the original (1980s for preference) writers and artists were heavily involved... the Stallone version was rubbish... non fans found it tedious, and fans like myself found it insulting.. the entire history of the mega cities was mucked about with, Dredd sufferred an astounding change of character, the Angels were badly mishandled, Rico made an uninteresting villain, Hershey was miscast, and Fergie (King of the UNderdark) totally changed... a proper Dredd film would be fantastic...

Dredd: Littering is an offence... ten creds fine
Perp: It was only a small bit of paper..
Dredd: The law makes no exceptions citizen
Perp: Oh yeah?I bet you make exceptions when it suits you...!!
Dredd: Gambling is illegal...Five years, creep....

Kazenji
Originally posted by big gay kirk
Rico made an uninteresting villain,

Or maybe he was done wrong in the film also rico is part of one of the dredd storyline lines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.