8 Mile Trailor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sabrea
has anyone aside from me noticed that the 8 Mile trailor that is being played on tv is different from the one on the DVD that they were originally going to use? and its shorter?

J-ROC
What's your point?

finti
probably cause the TV is more restricted to the amount of crap they are willing to send

BackFire349
haha

Sabrea
my point is the one on the dvd is better

BackFire349
yet still bad.

Sabrea
not funny..neither of them are bad

BackFire349
lol. children these days.

finti
they both are so bad it is almoust an criminal offence

Thomas H
hihi, trailor....it is trailer! hihi! smile

Sabrea
its not bad!!!! u guys just dont like eminem

BackFire349
or bad movies

finti

Sabrea
u havent even seen the movie and ur callin it bad

finti
dont have to see what we know, oh you off little faith big grinbig grinbig grin

BackFire349
i saw crossroads. same thing.

finti
and you dare confess that

BackFire349
yeah well, my girlfriend gave me some loving after for the torture she made me endure so it was worth it.

Thomas H
hahaha, backfire saw crossroads!hihihi

Sabrea
theres a difference, this is eminem, not some pop **** in a car

finti
nah just a jerk who think too much of himself

Sabrea
roll eyes (sarcastic) he does not

BackFire349
yes, i saw crossroads, and my girl gave me head after, fair trade no?

finti
actually no, you lost

BackFire349
yeah..... i know..... denial...

Sabrea
ANYWAY.....you can't just hate the movie before you see it because eminem is in it..

BackFire349
just watch me.

finti
of course we can Sabrea, and I aint gonna see it just because of him

Sabrea
roll eyes (sarcastic) i know people who HATE eminem who said the movie looks good..

BackFire349
i dont hate the movie just because eminem is in it, its one of the reasons. i also dont like that another musician is getting his own movie. plus the fact that the story line is extremely cliche and has been used about 50000 times in the past.

Sabrea
just because he's a musician it doesnt mean he cant act..

ToMacco
I wouldn't watch this movie if someone paid me.

It looks like the next "Glitter"

BackFire349
yep, glitter for eminem fans. i think that was its working title

ToMacco
Yup. Crap. . . all crap.

mah
what reason do you have to say it'll be the next Glitter except it being a film with a musician in one of the roles? glitter was god-awful mate, nothing will top that.

finti
maybe this one

BackFire349
its the samw story as glitter, stars an overrated musician.

finti
people saw this preview trailor of 8 mile before Red Dragon, and they actually laughed when they saw who played in it.

Sabrea
wtf is glitter?? ive never even heard of it before 8 mile was brought up!

Sabrea
wait a minuet..isnt glitter that mariah carey movie??..

BackFire349
yeah. same story as 8 mile, same concept. many similarities.

Sabrea
8 Mile is NOT based on his life..they say it is, but its not..im the one whos watched all the shit on TV about it..so..yea..i should know

mah
well they claim its not, but it's obviously greatly influenced by his life

BackFire349
TV tells you lies. they are the ones saying it's going to be good.

mah
you're the one judging the book by its cover

BackFire349
well when the cover is so horribly cliched and shitty its a fair judgement. plus ive seen the other book just like it called glitter.

lvubun
One of the reasons I liked it was because it didn't go the "Rags to Riches" Glitter route and I'm not Eminem fan by any stretch but I thought the movie was pretty good, most people who have seen it either critics or regular people have also enjoyed it, it seems the only people bashing it are the ones who haven't seen it. But if you don't want to see it, fine, if you do that's also fine. No sweat on my back, I just don't people should avoid a movie they might enjoy solely because 1. Eminem is in it 2. Its sounds cool to call it "Glitter" or "Cool as Ice" and brag that they are not going to see it.

BackFire349
it sounds cool to call it glitter? i didnt know that, i was just saying that cuz thats what it looks like. but thanks.

J-ROC
Backfire you post way too much bullsh*t. I'm not just saying that because you're a geek- but because it's true. Stop posting so much sh*t that has nothing to do with the thread. Your constant little "This movie sucks/will suck" is really annoying.

BackFire349
well then dont read it, you're mindless simple name calling is annoying too, although funny considering in your mind you see it as some kinda argument of some sort. considering ive never heard a legit statement from you.

BackFire349
and besides. what do you care what i think will suck. i know you are holding a childish little grudge against me cuz i make fun of your little america jr country. but it makes you looks silly considering several other people have been putting down 8 mile. its dumb to single me out and make it seem like im the only one that recognize it will be crappy. thats what this message board is for, stating your thoughts about movies. even if it means disagreeing with you. the sooner you understand that the better.

Sabrea
i never blamed you as the only person that hates him!!!

BackFire349
i wasnt talking to you. i was talking to j-roc

J-ROC
AMERICA Jr!?!!!? Dude I dont care what you say, it doesnt bother me at all. I just find it funny that you make fun of Canada- considering WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU!

BackFire349
yeah, its easy to respond when you ignore 90 percent of what i said to put up a half assed defense of your country. and why are you better then us?

Sabrea
there is only one thing good about canada, and thats hayden!! and the US is WAY better than canada..without the US everyones economy would be ruined, icluding canadas!

J-ROC
I feel bad for you.

mah
laughing out loud

finti
So glad Sabrea is the economical wiz kid, wall street next I presume

BackFire349
actually, if it werent for america the whole world would be speaking german right now. anyways, enough of tormenting poor j-roc. i actually like canada, ive been to canada and its a beautiful country, the only thing i didnt like is that it was montreal i went to and its confusing cuz their they speak 2 langauges, french and english, so id go in one store and the guy would be talking french and i wouldnt know what the hell he was sying then the next store the guy would speak perfect english. just decide on a language and stick with it. another good thing about canada is if any american moved their they would be rich, because however much money you have american is doubled if its turned into canadian money because of the low value of their dollar. but, canada is fun to make fun of because they get so angry about it and cant take a joke so ill continue to do that.

J-ROC
Mmmm no...I can take the jokes, but it gets annoying after a while. It's just kinda stupid that you think you're insulting me. It's just a waste of time man.

BackFire349
well then wouldnt replying to them like you do be a waste of time too? if they really didnt bother you, you wouldnt reply at all.

J-ROC
Well someones gotta put you in your place. Otherwise you'd keep doin it and it'd continue to be annoying.

BackFire349
well you never do put me in my place. you just keep the insults coming your way cuz its comical to watch you get upset.

J-ROC
Upset eh? Yes I'm very upset. I really care what an American thinks. Please don't be so cruel. My feelings are hurt.

Ushgarak
Ignorant crap. Study some proper history next time and don't cut the Russians out of it.

And I will no longer tolerate this petty bickering about nations any more.

BackFire349
i didnt say it was ALL americans that saved the world from the nazzis, but they were heavily involved. probably more then any nation in the world. we basically led the way to victory.

Ushgarak
Nope, the Russians dwarved your effort by a considerable margin. The Second World War was won and lost on the Eastern front.

BackFire349
thats not what ive been taught. plus when we dropped the nukes the world realized who they were messing with.

Ushgarak
Then you have been taught wrong; the Russians killed more Germans than all other countries put together, lost more lives than all other countries put together, liberated more countries than all others and actually defeated the German land forces.

And I don't see what you dropping nukes has to do with any of it- the greatest crime of all time, as I remember ToMacco putting it. It has nothing to do with the Germans and certainly nothing to do with the freedom of anyone in the modern day.

Basically you have absolutely no grounds on which to make a statement about the world speaking German as you say.

BackFire349
it doesnt have anything to do with germans directly, but it made the world concious of the power we held. and you're probably right about me being taught wrong. we never did have a strong history program at my school. probably mostly taught us propaganda roll eyes (sarcastic) greatest crime of all, pssssshhhh, now thats ignorant crap.

Ushgarak
Well, take it up with him, not me, it is a complicated subject. And no one is doubting that the US is or was powerful but it is aggravating when such broad comments are made without perspective.

Anyway, are there any more comments on the trailer to be made?

BackFire349
you mean the music video

Ushgarak
Probably.

finti
even so the Russian got a lot of US and British to fight the nazis, who knows what would have happend without those equipment

Ushgarak
Just goes in re-inforce the fact it was a huge allied effort. I don't think anyone should be lording their contribution over others. I have no patience for people that complain about the US being late, either, as if they weren't helping at all before then.

finti
very true, it was an allied effort.

Sabrea
pleaze..no history!! im studying all this in my history class..

finti
maybe it would be better to spend more time with the history book, instead of that dorky dork

BackFire349
its too bad that school makes history so boring, it can actually be very interesting.

finti
hmm never found history boring

BackFire349
when they just lecture you and make you read a boring book. thats boring

finti
reading isnt boring, I knew all of the stuff in history before we started to learn about it in school

BackFire349
reading isnt always boring, but i think the school has to pick the worst book that exists on whatever topic we're learning about.

Julie
I haven't seen it yet

Sabrea
well..usually you have to use a history book to learn history, it WOULD make sence...but my teacher mighth let us watch war movies..

BackFire349
most war movies are inacurate and full of propaganda. for an example watch saving prive rying. fight scenes are great. but it makes teh americans seem like heroes.

Ushgarak
Well, I think this thread has pretty much drifted away from all topicality... closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.