The History of Monty Python

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harken
Anyone willing to discuss The History of Monty Python

Bwa Ha Ha
Me! Let's start with..... the first episode. Ummm.... It was really cool for a first show. Anyone else on ep.1 or shall we move on to ep.2?

Koenig
Strange subject for a history forum. confused

A classic series which was very funny just a shame about the fourth series which fell off the rails, as for the films all of them were good.

And now for something completely different a man with three buttocks.

Imperial Logic
"Whither, Canada?"

"Bad luck, Genghis. And now, it's time for our request death..."

Well, the subject is relevent to the forum as far as the series was ground-breaking for television, and comedy in general.
"Shhh! It's satire!"

Bwa Ha Ha
lol But there still were funny moments in the 4th series. It wasn't as logical anymore, but it was still silly.

Imperial Logic
...which is odd because, even though John Cleese left towards the end, Douglas Adams came to help out, writing for them. I mean, he made logical the entire galaxy into one, easy to read, reference guide...

Bwa Ha Ha
lol yeah

but the ant episode was plain silly lol

Bwa Ha Ha
But Huzzah for The Meaning Of Life!

Imperial Logic
Still have not actually seen it (though I know someone who could lend it to me...)...

We haven't exactly discussed the history as of yet...

Bwa Ha Ha
(Although it isn't all of Monty Python...)Huzzah for Ripping Yarns!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
I'm thinking of changing my siggy again.... I'll just have to find a different picture this time.....

Imperial Logic
Very contributive.

What about starting by looking at what started the Pythons off, in their pre-Python existence, and such? The Goon Show, for example... Peter Sellers, and such people...

Bwa Ha Ha
Yup.

Imperial Logic
Well, apparently the radio show started in the 1951 and ran to 1960 (Python starting in 1969). The cast included Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan, and Harry Secombe, with Michael Bentine having been involved before the height of the group's success.
http://www.thegoonshow.net/history.asp
All the Pythons (with the possible exception of the resident American interloper) speak of having listened to the show when young.

Bwa Ha Ha
Yup.

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL Stuffed Armadillo.....

Imperial Logic
For Cat, Duck, and Lizard?

Care for a contributing effort, if you please?

Bwa Ha Ha
Mhmm.... The whole Cat, Duck, Lizard thing is considered philosophical in that one book.

Imperial Logic
In what way?
Representing of the inner feelings of a Welshman raised to respect the Shrubbery?

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL Well, you'd have to read the chapter 'cause you can't really explain it easily...

Bwa Ha Ha

Bwa Ha Ha
"We are NOT eskimos......."

IHateCaesar
I love the three questions

Bwa Ha Ha
I'm here!!!! Huzzah for drama people lending me jackets!!!

Imperial Logic
"Prof. Taunter?"

Fuzzylogic
Very interesting... funny although with a dry, British sense of humor... one you have to know in order to fully understand the signifigance of srubbry. pirate

Bwa Ha Ha
Awesome looking jackets at that........

Oooh! Impy(Albatross, Black Knight, or Weta), the day I'm gonna perform in drama is the last day of schol, the 21rst. People can come, and it's like at 7:30..... Anyhow, I feel like talking of Drama so anyway:

1. Remember that one person I told ya' about? The Brothers-Grimm look-alike? They were wearing a 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' t-shirt today. Huzzah!

2. I really need to update my siggy..... I would put drama people in it, but that would be kind of like what MySpace does, wouldn't it?

3. We were playing a game in Drama today..... It involves....well..... You can ask Dennis to ask the member of his family who was present at the times of this game.....

4. Also, ummmmmm.............. I'll think of something later.

5. Huzzah for Sweeney Todd!!!!!

6. The agriculture teacher mentioned Tim Burton.

7. I won 3rd place in that one FFA contest.

8. This one girl at school gave me the idea that maybe I could ask the Thespians to act out my comics! Let's see.... I think the girl in charge of teaching us could be Jenny.... The 'Chicago' girl could be Alexandra.... I might make a certain taunter be Baldy.... The Host could be..... Perhaps the Grimm one could do that.... Let's see.... Resol needs to be someone REALLY expressionless.... I can't think of someone right now.... Then I guess I'd randomly pick from whoever's left.

9. YOU MISSED IT!!! It was awesome!!! REALLY!!!

10. Do you think I might have more than a 1% chance of getting the 3rd invitee to come over....?

4(again). I still can't think of anything.

Bwa Ha Ha
Originally posted by Imperial Logic
"Prof. Taunter?"

Indeed! They competed at the Thespian districts!

Fuzzylogic
I did one scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail once... for a class performance... it was rather smashing... I think that I should do it again... maybe bring a few friends together to do a few more scenes... possibly 30 minutes of acting....... gathering

Fuzzylogic
maybe have some twisted combination of Monty Python and Star Wars.... The Black Knight meets... his son! starwars

Bwa Ha Ha
Indeed. I think one day I should do a combination of all my obsessions. Just to name a FEW....

InuYasha

Monty Python

Nintendo

Rojo

Sleepy Hollow and the people involved with it

Shanghai movies

Drama people(no, really)

That's only a FEW.

Imperial Logic
I think Weta is best, personally. Dennis, which of your names would you prefer?

1. I see those with much more frequency at my latest school.
2. Indeed. Why not a quote?
3. Well...?
4. Are our schools in the same district? What day were your districts?
5. Indeed. Does it come out Christmas Day?
6. How so?
7. How were you beat?
8. We need to start our sketch writing. If we met only once a month, we could get something done!
9. Was it?
10. Indeed.

Fuzzylogic
I thought that we were supposed to be talking about the history of Monty Pythonness... and the show itself.... we kinda got off subject but..... pop quiz: What year did Monty Python first air? reading

Fuzzylogic
Dennis?.... What name would you prefer?

Imperial Logic
Originally posted by Fuzzylogic
maybe have some twisted combination of Monty Python and Star Wars.... The Black Knight meets... his son! starwars

I quite like that idea, and we do need to start forming our sketches...

Fuzzylogic
Then we shall... why, there is people to kidn.. recruit, things to buy/steal, places to set up, times to be arranged and parties to plan! pirate ninja zorro

Fuzzylogic
While this is happening, may we continue the wonderful discussion about the history and adventures of Monty Python?

Bwa Ha Ha
There's Mayo, Tovar, Ichabod, Dennis and the one Mungo came up with "The One with too Many Names!"

1. So do I, but not on Drama people.
2. Well, which quote? There is the one about the dead lovebug....or the one they used in today's drama game....or about me going to their induction....
3. Ask.
4. The 8th.
5. I wouldn't know. I don't keep track of those things....
6. How he uses lighting effects to set a mood.
7. I didn't see the others, but according to that one girl, I should've at least won 2nd place instead of the person who just stood there saying it in monotone. As for how I was beat, let's just say judges biased toward Lake Butler and Middleburg. They won everything.
8. Indeed. We need to set something up.
9. No really, it was GREAT!!!
10. Ya' think?

Fuzzylogic
I thought I knew Bwa Ha Ha.... Hmm... the family member you spoke of seems to have knowledge of you out of this chat room.... care to explain in a PM plz.... I could almost name you.... anyway back to the subject at hand... I confess I know almost nothing about Monty Python compared to you people so I am here to learn....

Imperial Logic
Stand by a tick...(...wait a minute...?)

Fuzzylogic
Anyway... Imp... we were talking about a get2together planned sometime soon... is it still going on and at the Prof. Taunters house? Cause I thought that you were still discussing the fine print...

Fuzzylogic
Just what skit do you have planned up your self this time around... I only have another question and that is, "Just who is going to be in it?"

Bwa Ha Ha
1969 for your question.

Fuzzylogic
thank you... I realized that we had already discussed it only after I went back to the beginning of this "thread" or whatever it is called... mainly new at this...

Bwa Ha Ha
Yeah. And NO, it's at MY house! We can't invade the taunter's house; their entire family left them and went on a cruise in the Bahamas! Cruel, no? So we can't invade..... Then again.... ninja shifty devil evil face cool

LEWZMP
FuZylo gic? wat iz zat? aslo, ummmmm wat iz morty pryton? ive heard irts sausage khopped ap intu soup..... and ur 1969 yeers old?!? MY SOUP HURTS........

i knit with threads alots..... and wats a tanther? ieez thaz was ur kute is frum?

Bwa Ha Ha
LEWZMP, I don't know what FuzzyLogic is, but it sounds like a comic strip. And go on Wikipedia and search for Python. And none among us is 1969 years old. Yes, people tend to knit with threads and yarns, and a taunter is someone who taunts. That is what my quote is from.

Anyhow, Weta, I was thinking that it'd be cool if we did a kind of summary of how our troupe was formed. Oh, and the date of the party has been changed to the 29th for various reasons. Respond soon.

Imperial Logic
The Prof. Taunter is alone?
That seems rather diasterio...odd! Rather odd...

Bwa Ha Ha
What? You didn't know? Yah, they've been alone for a week. They had to go pick their parents up at the airport today... Which is part of the reason I changed it to the 29th.........

Anyway, did ya' notice the quote?!? You haven't seen the pig then again... I shall have to draw a replica and scan it onto here... So what do ya' think of doing a troupe summary? I think it'd take about seven sheets of computer paper... But it'd totally be worth it. Oh, hey. Do ya' think we should discuss Python membership with the taunter at my party? I mean, it IS the only opportunity we'll get for some time.

Bwa Ha Ha
...............Lovebug-infested trenchcoats.

Bwa Ha Ha
Forget '...the only opportunity we'll get for some time.'

LEWZMP
hUh? iM coFooszed.... I wana aprti whem iz it? also is at da tanter in ur siggymajigr? r dey invated to da praty? and im NOT A PEEG! And I LIkE lurveboogz. TheYR FUN to smAsh

Bwa Ha Ha
Nice one, LEWZMP.

Bwa Ha Ha
Amadeus, Amadeus, GASTON! GASTON! Amadeus, Amadeus, GASTON! GASTON!

LEWZMP
WAZZAT>? OoPs......... dat rEminds me, zee ecks-boks tree-sicksty iz stupit camparad 2 da weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 hmmmmmmmmmmmm i like soup

Bwa Ha Ha
wii

mario1

Bwa Ha Ha
Weta, since the LEWZMP Thread was closed, I obviously can't post the following questions there. Oh well. As I was saying, I was reading over it, and came up with several questions:

1. You said 'So Lauren....was forced to adopt Bwa Ha Ha's obsession....Only Bwa Ha Ha is not a fangirl. She may seem so here, but she just isn't. Neither am I. We become complete enraptured and obsessed with things, yes, but there is a difference.' How exactly do I seem like a fangirl on here? Also, how can you be so sure that I'm not one? Remember, I AM a good actress........

2. You said, 'Bwa Ha Ha and LEW became friends, oh, I'd say about a year before I befriended them both. So they knew each other better at the time, as I had only been in the "circle" for a month or two.' But weren't you friends with LEW from before?

3. You said, 'LEWZMP....started to try and control Bwa Ha Ha (a seemingly impossible task, to govern Bwa Ha Ha, yet for all her will and her stubborn ways Bwa Ha Ha can be quite submissive, but only when she feels threatened, I suppose, and the only thing she is afraid of is stupid people, which is how I ended up being the guardian of sorts, at least outside the forums, having to defend her often against Stupid People, of which there is no shortage....' How am I submissive when threatened? Also, am I some kind of Stupidity Meter? As in, the stupider a person is, the more frightened of them I'll be? I guess that disproves everyone who said the Taunter was stupid....

4. LOL, just found this :'Manifestations of his past devoured his mind... and poked it with a stick. Amy was still loved, but caught in the stick poking (only she ends up getting poked with a screwdriver. . .).'

Oh, one more thing: THE HOST IS GONE.

Bwa Ha Ha
Sorry for the double post, but; what was 'The countertop-hitting incident' again?

Bwa Ha Ha
yBQxKdaMNsc

LEWZMP
Eetz may family! im aktooaly relahted 2 de 1 hoo ruuns intu da stop sing

z8mWfgdn-8g

Bwa Ha Ha
Bloody brilliant.

z3v8BMNdDvo

Bwa Ha Ha
Someone needs to talk on here other than me.... I'm feeling lonely--er.

Council#13
laughing out loud Absolutely hilarious!

Bwa Ha Ha
The thread or the videos?

Grand_Moff_Gav
History of Monty Python.

John Cleese- Anyone...anyone ever wonder what its like to wear a dress?

queeq
You don't do it anymore?

Bwa Ha Ha
Wear dresses?

Poor John Cleese. Nowadays he's using a silly walker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.