superstrongguys and their heights and weights?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ankur29
Ok guys i was wondering...whether your mum is free tonight?- OK i kid, i kid ....... thing is i was really wondering that the big superstrong guys in marvel are drawn so inconsistently what would be afair estimate of thier heights and weight?

some of the strong guys i can think of are as follows

accrding to marvel ;

thing is 6ft 500lbs , i always had him as 6ft4-5 ish and at least half a ton

hulk 7ft-8ft 1040lbs-1400lbs...............i alwasy thought the hulk was around 9-10ft and weight a ton or near it

juggernaut 6ft10 900lbs.............i thought he was more or less the same as hulk 9-10ft(give or take a few inches) and also with a weight near a ton

colossus 7ft5 500lbs , the height seems wright but the weight seems way off colosuus shoudl also be around half a ton

hercules 6ft5 325lbs ......... now this is very low for a god who has a similar build to thor who is 6ft6 and 640lbs/660lbs , he shoudl be well over 500lbs as charecters like ares who is samller than him weighs more
isn't herc ought to have skin several times denser and heavier than humans

tahts all i can think of , please add charecters

Disappear
atlas can hit sixty feet and about 100 tons. or could. or is there still. i don't know where he got left off.

shksprtx
Sasquatch: 10' tall, 2000 pounds...

strengthkills
Rage
6'6 425

Newjak
Originally posted by ankur29
Ok guys i was wondering...whether your mum is free tonight?- OK i kid, i kid ....... thing is i was really wondering that the big superstrong guys in marvel are drawn so inconsistently what would be afair estimate of thier heights and weight?

accrding to marvel ;

hulk 7ft-8ft 1040lbs-1400lbs...............i alwasy thought the hulk was around 9-10ft and weight a ton or near it

juggernaut 6ft10 900lbs.............i thought he was more or less the same as hulk 9-10ft(give or take a few inches) and also with a weight near a ton

colossus 7ft5 500lbs , the height seems wright but the weight seems way off colosuus shoudl also be around half a ton

hercules 6ft5 325lbs ......... now this is very low for a god who has a similar build to thor who is 6ft6 and 640lbs/660lbs , he shoudl be well over 500lbs as charecters like ares who is samller than him weighs more

tahts all i can think of , please add charecters Meh Juggernaut gets drawn to look almost 10 foot tall a few times.

Colossus has been mentioned in comics weighing in at a ton before when armored up.

batdude123
Thing gets written in comics like he's WAY too tall for 6 feet.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by batdude123
Thing gets written in comics like he's WAY too tall for 6 feet. In his fight with Thor, he was like twice as big as him...

ankur29
in a sentry comic , sentry stated that the hulk was 5 ton of brute and teh sentry's an intelligent guy i guess he must have had the right idea,

thing should be near 7ft

srankmissingnin
I want to know how someone who can lift 100,000 tons stays in the such amazing physical condition. A decent work out would be next to impossible. All strong guys should be flabby panty-waists. cool

Faceman
Originally posted by ankur29

accrding to marvel ;

tahts all i can think of , please add charecters

Just some more proof that the Marvel Universe issues are way off..

ankur29
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I want to know how someone who can lift 100,000 tons stays in the such amazing physical condition. A decent work out would be next to impossible. All strong guys should be flabby panty-waists. cool

as the strength is not naturally induced via a workout but rather an experiment or mistake involving POWER the power is coonsistent forever like someone's ability to discgharge energy etc that all i got

Validus
I've seen images of Hulk where his arm is just about as big as another hero's entire body. Some artists have gotten totally insane with his size. Either that or they took their cues from the Hulk movie.

ankur29
Originally posted by Validus
I've seen images of Hulk where his arm is just about as big as another hero's entire body. Some artists have gotten totally insane with his size. Either that or they took their cues from the Hulk movie.

true but marvel coudl direct teh readers more accurately with a height estimate wthat takes into account his moden apperances , the new hulk movie states thier hulk will be 9ft soudn bout right don't it , 10ft would be though

pr1983
i've seen it mentioned that an armoured colossus weighs 2 tons...

Mindship
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I want to know how someone who can lift 100,000 tons stays in the such amazing physical condition. A decent work out would be next to impossible. All strong guys should be flabby panty-waists. cool Dynamic Tension flex
http://cagle.msnbc.com/hogan/features/atlas.asp

KharmaDog
Originally posted by shksprtx
Sasquatch: 10' tall, 2000 pounds...

Yeah, I like the way sasquatch was drawn originally.

shksprtx
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Yeah, I like the way sasquatch was drawn originally.

Me too...some of the artists in the last decade and a half have really screwed up his look...

ankur29
Rhino should be over 7ft! about 7ft5" and weigh near a 1000lbs

not really a superstrongguy but wolverine should be slightly taller around 5ft7"

ankur29
i forgot abomination , he too should be about 9-10ft and weigh around 2000lbs

DigiMark007
My mum's washing her hair, ya filthy git.

stick out tongue

ankur29
heres a height scale i made that takes into account proprtion of chatecters by slapping sum images together

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3028/heightchartmarvelal8.th.jpg

DigiMark007
Juggs isn't upright there. And Wolverine is shorter than anyone there...he shouldn't be equal with Pete, Bob and Norrin.

Not bad though.

ankur29
jugg upright woudl be hulk's height, and we all now that wolverine is not 5ft3 most of his images show him near pete's height etc i would say about 5ft6/7

Switch 07
Strange thread.

Priest
Thor is defiantly the most strongest pound for pound.

Estacado
Shaggy Man 12ft tall but only 1000 pounds...
http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shaggyfound2vc8.jpg

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Priest
Thor is defiantly the most strongest pound for pound.

No he's not, take a look at Hercules' strenght/weight ratio.

ankur29
i redid the wizard power chart .......... any thoughts or suggestion for the stats:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4121/ultwizard1600440458xymrdm0.th.jpg

Switch 07
The order is debatable the stats are COMPLETELY wrong.

Basically Wizard sucks.

Battlehammer
no wolverine is diffiently 5'3

kitty pryde is taller then him lol

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
no wolverine is diffiently 5'3

kitty pryde is taller then him lol yeah but he is often drawn to be about 5'8 - 5'9

also, in the movies, he was 6'3

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Master-Borg
yeah but he is often drawn to be about 5'8 - 5'9

also, in the movies, he was 6'3

some times, but he often shown as smaller as well.

ya well it a movie. not many famous 5'3 actors that are male lol

Master-Borg

ya well it a movie. not many famous 5'3 actors that are male lol

true...but they didn't have to pick a giant (Hugh Jackman), there are many average to short guys in hollywood

Battlehammer
true...but they didn't have to pick a giant (Hugh Jackman), there are many average to short guys in hollywood

that would look like wolverine. Not really.

also if your not going to get a 5'3 wolverine why bother picking ators for there height.

..........also the movie was extremely inaccurate the hieghts was the least of which

Master-Borg

also if your not going to get a 5'3 wolverine why bother picking ators for there height.

because being short is a KEY CHARACTERISTIC of what makes Wolverine stand out. its very important to the portrayal of his character...he's always been called a runt.

most superheroes are 6'2 or above, a few are 5'10...but Logan is 5'3...I think it was an IMPORTANT feature for the creators to his character.

Battlehammer
because being short is a KEY CHARACTERISTIC of what makes Wolverine stand out. its very important to the portrayal of his character...he's always been called a runt.

most superheroes are 6'2 or above, a few are 5'10...but Logan is 5'3...I think it was an IMPORTANT feature for the creators to his character.

not really when the entire movie was completely inaccurate.

There was a lot more important things wrong with the movie then logan hieghts.

do you want me to name them all?

Master-Borg
not really when the entire movie was completely inaccurate.

There was a lot more important things wrong with the movie then logan hieghts.

do you want me to name them all? no not really, i dont care what other inaccuracies it had...it doesn't make it right for them to make Logan 6'3

Battlehammer
no not really, i dont care what other inaccuracies it had...it doesn't make it right for them to make Logan 6'3

who cares that was the least of the movies problems.

I mean for one his sabertooth origin was completely off.

He was shown with little to no MA skill.

He was shown with only human strength.

man I could go on and on.

Master-Borg

only human strength? What the f**k? he threw Logan like 30 feet with one hand

Battlehammer
only human strength? What the f**k? he threw Logan like 30 feet with one hand

your talking about the second movie in which he throw those to solider like 3 feet..........

he was also shown to struggle with a human soldier in strength..............

He had to actauly try in cage fight...............verse a normal guy.

it was pathetic how his strength,speed,agility,skills and so forth were all portrayed

Master-Borg
your talking about the second movie in which he throw those to solider like 3 feet..........

it was pathetic how his strength,speed,agility,skills and so forth were all portrayed no, I thought in the first movie he threw Logan like 30 feet in the air...perhaps I remember wrong

Bransolute

it was pathetic how his strength,speed,agility,skills and so forth were all portrayed He was in the second movie?

I don't really remember him being in that one...

Also, it's been a while, but I think I recall him picking up a massive tree as well.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Bransolute
He was in the second movie?

I don't really remember him being in that one...

Also, it's been a while, but I think I recall him picking up a massive tree as well.
I was talking about wolverine.

ya sabertooth did pick up a tree

Battlehammer
no, I thought in the first movie he threw Logan like 30 feet in the air...perhaps I remember wrong

lol I was talking about wolverine.

not sabertooth

Master-Borg
who cares that was the least of the movies problems.

I mean for one his sabertooth origin was completely off.

He was shown with little to no MA skill.

man I could go on and on.

seemed like you were talking about sabretooth's strength to me sad

Bransolute
I was talking about wolverine.

ya sabertooth did pick up a tree But bruce was answering your post to Sabertooth. Because like me, he thought you were talking about Sabes...

Anyway, I'm f*cking confused...

Battlehammer
my bad lol. I simply ment that sabertooths origin was messed up.

and that Wolverines strength was shown only at like a human level.

ankur29
here is teh orginal chart with height and weight & strength level

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5803/wizard1600440458xytw6.th.jpg

and here is my newer chart

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/421/ultwizard1600440458xymron0.th.jpg

what do you think of the stats i used ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.