I got sent home from work today......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
So, I'm at my unit today. I went in about 30 minutes early because I went to the Officer Barber Shop to get a quick cut and boot shine. No big deal. The inmate who usually cuts my hair was off today, so I had to begrudginly let a different inmate cut my hair. As a result, it took more time to cut my hair the way I like it, thus, causing me to be about, and no more than, 5 minutes late for Turn-Out. (Turn-out is when we, the officers and supervisors, meet for about 30 minutes before actual shift start to be briefed about unit happenings, have classes, and updates.)

I'm never late for work. I'm very, very good about being on-time and not tardy. I figured it wouldnt be the end of the world, seeing as how I have a good record, if I was a few minutes tardy. My dick of a sergeant, on the other hand, thought otherwise. He had the balls to "make an example of me" by calling me out in front of the entire room of officers, my friends and co-workers, by saying crap like "You know what time you're supposed to be here, Oliver! What's wrong with you? You got lead feet?" and other nonsense. I told my sergeant, very calmly and casually, to stop embarrassing me and leave me be. He resopnded by saying, "You need to get your shit in gear and stop being late for your damn job!"

That's when I told the sergeant to go f*ck his mother.

Hence, I'm at home on KMC ranting about this incident to you fine people.

I don't expect to get a disciplinary case, seeing as how he swore at me in front of a room full of people. He was wrong and he pushed my buttons for no damn reason. If he wanted to make an example of my actions, he could have done it in a much more professional, not to mention courteous, manner. I admit, however, I was wrong for what I said, but every man has his limit, you know?

I'm gonna go call Pizza Hut and order dinner. drool

2D_MASTER
Man, you're such a badass....... I'd never f*ck with you.... confused

§P0oONY
And this is why the US army sucks... It sends it's men home instead of teaching them how not to shoot their allies... hmm

Impediment
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Man, you're such a badass....... I'd never f*ck with you.... confused

I'm no bad ass. Believe me.

Röland
Well he is at fault for singling you out in that way so I don't see that you did anything wrong. Yeah, the "f*ck your mother" comment was a bit uncalled for, but a supervisor/ranking officer shouldn't have singled you out.

Impediment
The weird thing is, this particular sergeant is usually an okay guy. He must have been in a shitty mood.

Röland
Originally posted by Impediment
The weird thing is, this particular sergeant is usually an okay guy. He must have been in a shitty mood.

Maybe he didn't get any sex last night. srug

Da Rev
Way too much to read. Back to Jurassic Park.

=Tired Hiker=
So, I'm at my unit today. I went in about 30 minutes early because I went to the Officer Barber Shop to get a quick cut and boot shine. No big deal. The inmate who usually cuts my hair was off today, so I had to begrudginly let a different inmate cut my hair. As a result, it took more time to cut my hair the way I like it, thus, causing me to be about, and no more than, 5 minutes late for Turn-Out. (Turn-out is when we, the officers and supervisors, meet for about 30 minutes before actual shift start to be briefed about unit happenings, have classes, and updates.)

I'm never late for work. I'm very, very good about being on-time and not tardy. I figured it wouldnt be the end of the world, seeing as how I have a good record, if I was a few minutes tardy. My dick of a sergeant, on the other hand, thought otherwise. He had the balls to "make an example of me" by calling me out in front of the entire room of officers, my friends and co-workers, by saying crap like "You know what time you're supposed to be here, Oliver! What's wrong with you? You got lead feet?" and other nonsense. I told my sergeant, very calmly and casually, to stop embarrassing me and leave me be. He resopnded by saying, "You need to get your shit in gear and stop being late for your damn job!"

I don't expect to get a disciplinary case, seeing as how he swore at me in front of a room full of people. He was wrong and he pushed my buttons for no damn reason. If he wanted to make an example of my actions, he could have done it in a much more professional, not to mention courteous, manner. I admit, however, I was wrong for what I said, but every man has his limit, you know?

Your name is Oliver? hysterical

=Tired Hiker=
I'm kidding, I'm a kidder. no expression

Impediment
Oliver is my last name. We don't use our first names at work.

Da Rev
Wait wait wait. Work?

=Tired Hiker=
Oliver is my last name. We don't use our first names at work.

Impediment Oliver? hmm

Impediment
Originally posted by Da Rev
Wait wait wait. Work?

I'm a corrections officer a.k.a Boss Man. I work around and guard inmates.

Impediment
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Impediment Oliver? hmm

You should hear my numerous nicknames.

Oliver Twist
Oliver North
Olive Oyl
Oliver Clothesoff
Ollie

...............to name a few.

=Tired Hiker=
I'm a corrections officer a.k.a Boss Man. I work around and guard inmates.

Dude, I respect your authority. I do stories on those guys sometimes and you gotta have some serious patience and balls to do that kinda work. I imagine the benefits are really good too.

Impediment
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Dude, I respect your authority. I do stories on those guys sometimes and you gotta have some serious patience and balls to do that kinda work. I imagine the benefits are really good too.

The benefits are great, especially since I have to take care of my woman and daughter.

The only downside is the inherent danger that goes with guarding convicted felons. 2 weeks ago, we had an officer on my unti get stabbed in the face 3 times with an ink pen. He's okay, but he's gonna have to have surgery for cosmetic repair. The worst I've ever been injured in I got tackled and beaten by an inmate because I confiscated his Bugler tobacco, which is a contraband item. He blackened both my eyes and split my lip open. I put my thumbs in his eye sockets until helet go of me, then I maced him and thats when 11 other officers came to my rescue.

Bardock42

Oliver Twist
Oliver North
Olive Oyl
Oliver Clothesoff
Ollie

...............to name a few. What about Old Ol Olstein?

LoneUnknown
I don't blame you for doing what you did. If a guy pulled me up infront of everyone like that just for being a few minutes late, I would have said something back to him too. laughing Fu*k your mother, man that's funny.

=Tired Hiker=
The benefits are great, especially since I have to take care of my woman and daughter.

The only downside is the inherent danger that goes with guarding convicted felons. 2 weeks ago, we had an officer on my unti get stabbed in the face 3 times with an ink pen. He's okay, but he's gonna have to have surgery for cosmetic repair. The worst I've ever been injured in I got tackled and beaten by an inmate because I confiscated his Bugler tobacco, which is a contraband item. He blackened both my eyes and split my lip open. I put my thumbs in his eye sockets until helet go of me, then I maced him and thats when 11 other officers came to my rescue.

Dude, I used to smoke Buglers, damn smokes and their addictiveness! mad Still, I would never attack someone for taking them away from me, then again I'm not an inmate. embarrasment

Selina*Starfire

Thought I was the only person here with an insanely short fuse. Good going, man. Sounds like the kind of thing I usually do. 131

Impediment
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire
Thought I was the only person here with an insanely short fuse. Good going, man. Sounds like the kind of thing I usually do. 131

It's not that I have an "insanely short fuse", it's the fact that my supervisor, who is supposed to be a figure of leadership and set a standard, swore at me and singled me out in front of 70+ officers. What else could I do? Sit down like a good little boy and write an angry letter?

**** that. I'm gonna throw my two cents, disciplinary case be damned. In which case, I'm very certain the most I'll get is a verbal reprimand from my lieutenant & captain, seeing that I have all those witnesses who saw what transpired.

PITT_HAPPENS
I would have shanked him to make an example of him stick out tongue

Selina*Starfire

Oliver Twist
Oliver North
Olive Oyl
Oliver Clothesoff
Ollie

...............to name a few.

Olive Oyl... 131 Goddamn. crylaugh

Selina*Starfire
It's not that I have an "insanely short fuse", it's the fact that my supervisor, who is supposed to be a figure of leadership and set a standard, swore at me and singled me out in front of 70+ officers. What else could I do? Sit down like a good little boy and write an angry letter?

**** that. I'm gonna throw my two cents, disciplinary case be damned. In which case, I'm very certain the most I'll get is a verbal reprimand from my lieutenant & captain, seeing that I have all those witnesses who saw what transpired.

Oh. Well I do. I get pissed off way too easily... And I never try to control it. evil face No one ever believes that until they actually piss me off, though. Then they're dazed and confused. 131 But good going, good going. yes thumb up

Impediment
In retrospect, I probably should have just walked out of the room and went to the warden's office. Then some shit would have really been stirred up.

PITT_HAPPENS
You should have said "With all due respect you **** *** ****** ** *** with *** ** **** and your mother ********** ** ** who *****!!!" Then you wouldn't be in trouble because you said "with all due respect" stick out tongue

Impediment
hmm

You may be on to something there.

BlackSunshine
I don't think you were wrong for speaking your mind to him. It was wrong for him to "make an example" of you by be-littling you not only in front of your coworkers but also a bunch of inmates that are probably gonna look at you like your a b*tch. But like you leutenant said, two wrongs don't make a right. If you are spoken to about it hopefully thats it and you dont get wrote up about the whole ordeal.

Impediment
Update on my situation:

I'm not going to get a disciplinary case, as per my Major and Captain. All I'm going to get is a verbal reprimand for my actions, as is the sergeant who provoked me in front of my entire shift. I was, however, told by my Major that I was "needlessly disrespectful and harsh.", whatever the **** that means. I asked the Major how I was "needlessly" disrespectful when the sergeant disrespected me in the first place, and the Major said: "Because you're not a supervisor."

What the **** ever. I wore the same stripes of leadership while I was in the US Army, and I know what it means, and what it takes, to be a leader/supervisor. I need a change of venue.

And another Jim Beam & Coke. Excuse me.

Mišt

crylaughcrylaugh

Impediment
He didnt think it was as funny. ermm

Scythe
So, I'm at my unit today.

Hahahaha, you're in your unit!

That made me giggle!

But seriously, sue them Matt, sue everyone! Except me..

~KoK!~
Dude, they should make a video games about prison, where you either get to control the head guard, or the "big cheese" in the cells. And there'd be riots, and uprisings, and killings, and stabbings, and murderings, and escapes, and firings. It'd be awesome.

However, it'd be much more exciting than the actual ordeal.

Rogue Jedi

I'm gonna go call Pizza Hut and order dinner. drool stop lollygagging and get to work, *****. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.