Who Can you Trust? Who else is a Skrull?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
The Ending to New Avengers # 31 and with the upcoming Skrull Invasion storyline there will be many possibilities for some of the current storylines to be rectified. Since the storyline wont be out for months my question is simple, Who do you guys think is a skrull and why?

IMO:
Skrulls
Tony Stark: Too much power and government access at his disposal puts the whole planet at a very large risk if he was a skrull, especially since he knows all registered heroes secret identities and could strike at them at will.

Captain America(dead body): Served as a way to strike at the heart of a lot of heroes.

Winter Soldier- Having him as a skrull could keep the "Bucky will never be back" rule. Couldve be askrull to gain Nick Furys trust to find him and kill him.

Jessica Jones or baby: Used to spy on the NA.

Hawkeye/Ronin: He died and reappered coinicdentially after the events of House of M.

The President of Marvel Universe U.S- Such position of power could help him invade the U.S and if Stark wasnt a Skrull, the prez could manipulate him.

Possible good outcomes of the invasion:
- Peter Parker could claim he was abducted and reclaim his secret identity.
-SRA could be revoked and finally put an end to it.
-Real Tony Stark and captured Captain America are finally freed and the Mighty and New Avengers could combine into one unit of Avengers.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Darth Vicious

Hawkeye/Ronin: He died and reappered coinicdentially after the events of House of M.
i just have to disagree with this one, especially after that NA issue with him, where he went to and found Scarlet Witch. as for the rest, hmmm, i'll think about it.....

Rufus T Firefly
marvel's at the lowest in comic hisotry...funny....DC is at it's best in it's history....interesting, skrulls....bad writing....just an excuse to fix civil war... no expression

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
marvel's at the lowest in comic hisotry...funny....DC is at it's best in it's history....interesting, skrulls....bad writing....just an excuse to fix civil war... no expression you were talking like the hulk just now.....oh wait, the hulk's smart now and can talk in complete sentences...no expression

Rufus T Firefly

guy222
i...lack...sentence....structures....hulk...smart?

hulk smash

good evening team leader

Rufus T Firefly
Alright basically, Marvel has throughout it's many years, has been an earth based universe basically. I mean we have the cosmics, and space dwellers, like The Surfer, and Thanos, but those two are exceptions, for the MU cosmics never ever get page time outside of Annihilation, which without a doubt was the greatest series of books the cosmics ever got considering Warlock wasn't in it....But meanwhile on Earth. For a good 6 years now, the MU has been just dreadful, with no sign of light on the horizon. Being a mutie fan House of M left a sour taste in my stomach. Civil War, wasn't anything innovative, set aside the art. A 5 year old child sitting in his backyard with his marvel legends could have come up with an idea, I know when i was 5 my Toybiz figs, I'd make similar stories. Not to mention the terrible story telling and nonexistent plot, just a bunch of heroes punching each other with Stark being uncharacteristically over the top dickish. We all knew it'd be all put back to normal in no time. Why? Marvel, Home of the revolving door of death, could never keep peter parker unmasked, and using the skrulls is just such a let down, easy way out. Marvel, i'm dropping all books for a while, save for back issues. The writing quality is enough for me to pass on wasting my money. Complete sentences, happy Nino? Marvel without a doubt, is at an all time low in quality. I'm sure a good deal of you will either ignore my ranting, oppose it, or agree with it, doesn't matter to me.

Disappear
and how would you have done a better job, juggling a full cast of hundreds of characters, to make the story-telling worthy of your money?

every time a big event looms on the horizon, there's always people making huge judgement calls before anything concrete's even said. it's ridiculous.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Disappear
and how would you have done a better job, juggling a full cast of hundreds of characters, to make the story-telling worthy of your money?

every time a big event looms on the horizon, there's always people making huge judgement calls before anything concrete's even said. it's ridiculous.

But since, statistically, someone will probably make the correct prediction about what happens it's a way to make yourself look brilliant!

Rufus T Firefly

truly it doesn't matter if it isn't true, the MU has fickled my taste for so many years now, with porrly executed cross-overs, it just isn't worth buying anymore.

NiņoAraņa
Alright basically, Marvel has throughout it's many years, has been an earth based universe basically. I mean we have the cosmics, and space dwellers, like The Surfer, and Thanos, but those two are exceptions, for the MU cosmics never ever get page time outside of Annihilation, which without a doubt was the greatest series of books the cosmics ever got considering Warlock wasn't in it....But meanwhile on Earth. For a good 6 years now, the MU has been just dreadful, with no sign of light on the horizon. Being a mutie fan House of M left a sour taste in my stomach. Civil War, wasn't anything innovative, set aside the art. A 5 year old child sitting in his backyard with his marvel legends could have come up with an idea, I know when i was 5 my Toybiz figs, I'd make similar stories. Not to mention the terrible story telling and nonexistent plot, just a bunch of heroes punching each other with Stark being uncharacteristically over the top dickish. We all knew it'd be all put back to normal in no time. Why? Marvel, Home of the revolving door of death, could never keep peter parker unmasked, and using the skrulls is just such a let down, easy way out. Marvel, i'm dropping all books for a while, save for back issues. The writing quality is enough for me to pass on wasting my money. Complete sentences, happy Nino? Marvel without a doubt, is at an all time low in quality. I'm sure a good deal of you will either ignore my ranting, oppose it, or agree with it, doesn't matter to me. i wasn't mocking you because you didn't use complete sentences.....i was just saying how even the hulk is changing maybe for good....guess you didn't catch that no expression

Disappear
the nostradamus approach, eh?

if you don't like how marvel's doing things up until this point, that's fine. if you don't want to spend your money, don't. but i get tired of hearing people saying things about upcoming events as if they've been handed a script and disapprove.

Symmetric Chaos

if you don't like how marvel's doing things up until this point, that's fine. if you don't want to spend your money, don't. but i get tired of hearing people saying things about upcoming events as if they've been handed a script and disapprove.

But they're nerds . . . for them bashing comics before they come out is like the UN or something.

Darth Vicious
I thought the CW was innovative. Maybe a lot of people thought about it but no one made it happen but Marvel. While not my favorite thing, CW brought a lot of changes, Spidey got unmasked which makes for some interesting storylines. Stark gets control of SHIELD which may or may not be part of an invasion. Cap dies. Superheroes(not mutants)get persecuted for once. The overabundant of mutants got fixed with the "No more mutants" curse which again makes it interesting for the mutants since now they are endangered. From CW to No More Mutants to Spidey To DD, Marvel hasnt played it safe with its characters trying new stuff. Obviously not everyone will like their stuff, some will like it and some no matter how good the story might be will never like them just to have something to ***** about.

King_Mungi
Anyone from Canada...why? Why would a Skrull go to Canada?

Disappear
if a skrull eats another skrull in the canadian wilderness, would they be given the curse of the wendigo?

Superherovandal
Sure CW was innovative. but it was thoroughly disappointing starting at about issue 4. and House of M was disappointing starting from the beginning. Face it Annihilation has been the only good crossover Marvel's put out so far in quite some while. and it was outshined popularitywise by Civil War. Its not being whiny to not expect much right now its just being prudent.

Darth Vicious
I guess at the end it boils down to taste. I could care less about Annihilation but find other stuff like CW, Secret War and the current X-men storyline interesting. To each its own I guess.

King_Mungi
if a skrull eats another skrull in the canadian wilderness, would they be given the curse of the wendigo?

If not they definetly get some dirty looks from the other Skrulls who watched it.

llagrok
Silent War

There's your awesomeness smile

srankmissingnin
marvel's at the lowest in comic hisotry...

What the f**k?

I guess you don't remember the 90s. Seriously though, are you heavily medicated or something because Marvel is at the best it has been in more then two decades.

Anyway... The Skrull story line has been in the works since before both HoM and Civil War. It has been said many, many times in numerous interviews that this will NOT retcon or undo any of the events of HoM or Civil War. It has also been said many times that none of the Civil War key players are Skrulls (That means Cap and Tony for those who aren't sure), in fact no Skrulls had any direct involvement in Civil War... at least from a Skrull "conquer the Earth" stand point.

Endless Mike
Why would the Skrulls invade Earth right after they've been nearly wiped out by the Annihilation wave?

If the US or any other country on earth was devastated by a war, starting an invasion against another unrelated country would be pretty much one of the stupidest things to do.

Martian_mind
I jhust want them to build on the new Eternals storyline.

and maybe mention in another comic the fact that a 2000 foot tall celestial is now standing in a park...

grey fox
The only thing that pisses me off is the way Marvel are treating the Pro-Regs. What is supposed to be a legitimate law which (theoretically) makes sense. Is being twisted by Marvel into some kind of Nazi esq ideal with all 'unregistered Superhumans' under the jackboot.

Also the Thunderbolts suck , for all the good art and over extravagant violence they suck balls.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by grey fox
The only thing that pisses me off is the way Marvel are treating the Pro-Regs. What is supposed to be a legitimate law which (theoretically) makes sense. Is being twisted by Marvel into some kind of Nazi esq ideal with all 'unregistered Superhumans' under the jackboot.

Frankly,i agree with the pro-reg deal.

Hercules
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Why would the Skrulls invade Earth right after they've been nearly wiped out by the Annihilation wave?

If the US or any other country on earth was devastated by a war, starting an invasion against another unrelated country would be pretty much one of the stupidest things to do.

Well they are meant to have been infiltrating for years as they believe earth to be their planet, its not so much an outright invasion as taking over from the inside.

Grimm22
I have to say, I hate this entire idea.

Sure, I like the idea of retconing SOME things from Civil War like Tony being a dick and Reed being an ass, but there were also some good things in Civil War with these characters.

Such as the issue where Tony had to kill his friend Happy Hogan. I thought that was a fantastic issue and it showed a lot of emotion in Tony's character, but it's going to be retconned with all of this.

Hell Bendis is even implying that Reed may have been a Skrull since the Kree-Skrull War! Thats over 20 years of retcon!

What the hell is marvel doing?!?

tjcoady
Originally posted by Endless Mike

because they don't have a planet to live on anymore.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Grimm22
I have to say, I hate this entire idea.

Sure, I like the idea of retconing SOME things from Civil War like Tony being a dick and Reed being an ass, but there were also some good things in Civil War with these characters.

Such as the issue where Tony had to kill his friend Happy Hogan. I thought that was a fantastic issue and it showed a lot of emotion in Tony's character, but it's going to be retconned with all of this.

Hell Bendis is even implying that Reed may have been a Skrull since the Kree-Skrull War! Thats over 20 years of retcon!

What the hell is marvel doing?!?

when did he imply that Reed was a Skrull? I'm pretty certain he said "possibly a member of the Illuminati" is a skrull. which leaves a lot more than just reed as options.

willRules
This thread already exists, I created it stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=454644

willRules

I agree entirely with what you are saying but to be fickle I wouldn't call it the Nostradamus approach. Whilst he made hundreds of predictions, there are only 103 where Nostradamus names an identifiable person, date, place etc and he was wrong.........103 times yes

Grimm22
Originally posted by tjcoady
when did he imply that Reed was a Skrull? I'm pretty certain he said "possibly a member of the Illuminati" is a skrull. which leaves a lot more than just reed as options.

Latest issue of Wizard.

Bendis implied that Reed may have been a skrull since the end of the Kree-Skrull war.

This is all just part of Bendis's big plan to have Luke Cage lead the marvel universe sick

His first step: Destroy the Avengers (Avengers Dissembled)

Second: Take out the X-men (HOM)

Now he's going to the rest of the big guns (the FF, Dr. Strange, ect..)

And isn't it funny as all of this is happening Luke Cage has become a bigger part of the MU? I'm telling you Bendis is trying to destroy marvel all in the name of Luke Cage!

tjcoady
Latest issue of Wizard.

Bendis implied that Reed may have been a skrull since the end of the Kree-Skrull war.

This is all just part of Bendis's big plan to have Luke Cage lead the marvel universe sick

And isn't it funny as all of this is happening Luke Cage has become a bigger part of the MU? I'm telling you Bendis is trying to destroy marvel all in the name of Luke Cage!

SWEET CHRISTMAS! you're right

but I love Luke Cage

willRules
SWEET CHRISTMAS!

He's got to you too! mad fear

Darth Vicious
Latest issue of Wizard.

While im not a huge F4 fan, if what Bendis implied is true then that would shit on a lot of key moments in F4 recent history. Like Reed going to hell to battle Doom, Would a skrull even go to those depths to keep its cover? When Reed and the F4 met "God" who was a comic book artist looking being, Does the skrulls have access to that kinda info? and im sure there more important stuff hes done. (I dont always follow F4)

Grimm22
While im not a huge F4 fan, if what Bendis implied is true then that would shit on a lot of key moments in F4 recent history. Like Reed going to hell to battle Doom, Would a skrull even go to those depths to keep its cover? When Reed and the F4 met "God" who was a comic book artist looking being, Does the skrulls have access to that kinda info? and im sure there more important stuff hes done. (I dont always follow F4)

God in the Marvel Universe is Jack Kirby (or at least he looks like him).

Anyway, thats exactly what I hate about all of this. It's basically saying that the good work that writers put into characters doesn't mean sh*t

So if Bendis DOES retcon anything before Civil War I may just boycott Marvel for a while

Grimm22
The worst thing is that they are going to use this to retcon Cap's death

Hell they already have done it with Wolverine before:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/?action=view&current=Logan1.jpg
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/?action=view&current=Logan2.jpg

Darth Vicious

What are those issues you have listed?

willRules
It's part of the Apocalypse the twelve storyline - great story, can't remember the issues no.s though sad

Grimm22
What are those issues you have listed?

They're both from Uncanny X-men #375

srankmissingnin

Doubt it. There was to much media hype about Caps death to bring him back this soon and this cheaply... and it already been stated about a times since the whole Skrull thing that Cap wasn't a Skrull (or at least that they wont be retconing his death in this story arc)

willRules
Yeah, I agree Cap won't be back for at least a few years, and that may not even be Steve Rogers then........

Darth Vicious

Maybe theyll use this to show how far the invasion has been planned.

Darth Vicious
Who can you trust indeed! Heres the preview for New Avengers # 32.
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=119361

Validus
I liked that line about Logan being everywhere at once. big grin

Darth Vicious
I liked the one about Luke's tiara! Its funny because pretty much everything that was said Ive read it over and over in the forums or other sites. It makes u wonder where the writer gets his inspiration!

Grinning Goku
Holy shit. That's quite a revelation!

Tyrant
Titanus is one.
Super Skrull is.
Paibok is.

The list goes on and on.

Darth Macabre
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=119361 Oh, god, the art...makes baby Jesus cry.

Grimm22
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=119361

Well now i'm positive that Jessica Drew is a skrull.

She says that Tony would try to kill them if he was a skrull? Bull, if he is a skrull then he's going to act surprised and try not to blow his cover

Symmetric Chaos
It's Cage.

Validus
Yeah, I'd figure its Cage as well.

Tyrant
It's Strange.

I didn't even bother to read it...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Tyrant
It's Strange.

No kidding

It's the only way Bendis can justify writing Strange as a complete chump

NiņoAraņa
"I'm not a skrull, if i was a skrull, wouldn't i have picked someone cool to be? why would i pick me?"

laughing Spidey is def. not a skrull.

Validus
It's Strange.

Well either Cage or Jessica Jones have to skrulls judging by the baby though I think it would be sad for Marvel to ruin the one good relationship in the company. Hopefully Hudlin Panther or Storm are skrulls.

roughrider
SWEET CHRISTMAS! you're right

but I love Luke Cage

Cheese and Crackers! Luke will be The One Above All soon... big grin

Anyway, Marvel has done the Skrull thing in the past. When Johnny Storm married Alicia in the 1980's, within ten years she was revealed to be a Skrull imposter! (I forget where the real Alicia was during that time.)

Grinning Goku
Damn, not Luke. no no

roughrider
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Damn, not Luke. no no

Luke won't be a Skrull. Bendis has spent a huge amount of his career building him up; he's special. Especially after marrying Jessica...that would be a dirty trick.

SpunkySmurph
If it's one of them, it should be Spider-Woman

Grimm22
Originally posted by roughrider
Cheese and Crackers! Luke will be The One Above All soon... big grin

Anyway, Marvel has done the Skrull thing in the past. When Johnny Storm married Alicia in the 1980's, within ten years she was revealed to be a Skrull imposter! (I forget where the real Alicia was during that time.)

She was being held hostage by the Skrulls

Basically the whole thing was a copout because John Byrne had broken up Ben and Alicia and had Johnny marry her instead so marvel retconned it and made Alicia a skrull named Lyja

Lyja joined the FF and all of that junk, but she's been missing since heroes reborn erm

Shame too, she was a good character

srankmissingnin
Any idea if the Skrull impostors are aware they are Skrulls, or are they sleeper agents like Skrulverine was?

I'm kind of hoping Wolverine is a Skrull, because this would be good oppertunity to retcon everything that happened in Wolverine Origins.... infact everything Post HoM. Hydra and the Hand could have switched him with a Skrull during EotS.

Tyrant
OK, after thinking about this some more (and playing Ultimate Alliance some more), it's obviously Strange.

With his Eye (and mental powers), he could easily tell who the Skrull impostor is.
Unless this current Strange has lost use of his Eye to seek out truth...
Then, I will stand by reason, that it's Stephen.

llagrok
OK, after thinking about this some more (and playing Ultimate Alliance some more), it's obviously Strange.

With his Eye (and mental powers), he could easily tell who the Skrull impostor is.
Unless this current Strange has lost use of his Eye to seek out truth...
Then, I will stand by reason, that it's Stephen.

Wouldn't he had bled green when stabbed by random ninja #3018?

Superherovandal
Yeah but then how did he enter the astral planewith his magic and survive being stabbed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Yeah but then how did he enter the astral planewith his magic and survive being stabbed.

Humans aren't the only ones who can use magic.

Grimm22
As far as I can tell, Tony isn't a skrull, but Marvel IS going to use this as a chance to explain his behavior in Civil War.

I'm guessing the skrulls nearly got to Tony, but he realized what was going on and destroyed his would-be-impersonator and has been undercover since before Civil War.

Think about it, it's a perfect way to justify his behavior without destroying his character development during the event (ex: Happy's death).

Disappear
bendis has put a huge amount of time into jessica drew and jessica jones. quesada said that in order to stop bendis from pitching certain ideas, he'd tell him that if his idea got through, he'd let some other writer's idea to kill jessica jones through.

those girls are like his pets, just like psylocke and storm for claremont. it's possible he was holding onto them for so long because he wanted this to work out, making on of them a skrull. but that seems unlikely, with all the work he's done to make them cool, interesting characters. a retcon that it wasn't them to begin with? he's done a lot with luke, but that baby is just a little too creepy to be ignored right now. i'd say it's probably luke.

and the hints toward strange are good, too.

willRules
Originally posted by willRules
This thread already exists, I created it stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=454644

Darth Vicious
As far as I can tell, Tony isn't a skrull, but Marvel IS going to use this as a chance to explain his behavior in Civil War.

I'm guessing the skrulls nearly got to Tony, but he realized what was going on and destroyed his would-be-impersonator and has been undercover since before Civil War.

Think about it, it's a perfect way to justify his behavior without destroying his character development during the event (ex: Happy's death).
That actually could make sense, this could put Tony back in everyones good graces. Most of us that dont like him anyways.

I kept thinking that it would be impossible to impersonate Dr.Strange skillz, specially after Tony did an extensive search and Brother Voodoo worked his voodoo of his house while they were there but then again there could be a skrull who could be able to do magic. Then again he dont have to know shit, a few tricks here and there, a little teleportation to fool Tony and Brother Voodoo couldve been enough to fool the rest of the NA since most of them couldnt tell if his "magic" was fake.

I dont think Spider-Woman is a skrull. Marvel has put a lot of effort to bring her back from obscurity, even giving her her own mini to just throw everything they have done away to make her a skrull.

willRules
That actually could make sense, this could put Tony back in everyones good graces. Most of us that dont like him anyways.

I kept thinking that it would be impossible to impersonate Dr.Strange skillz, specially after Tony did an extensive search and Brother Voodoo worked his voodoo of his house while they were there but then again there could be a skrull who could be able to do magic. Then again he dont have to know shit, a few tricks here and there, a little teleportation to fool Tony and Brother Voodoo couldve been enough to fool the rest of the NA since most of them couldnt tell if his "magic" was fake.

I dont think Spider-Woman is a skrull. Marvel has put a lot of effort to bring her back from obscurity, even giving her her own mini to just throw everything they have done away to make her a skrull.

I doubt it will be Tony or Jessica but Dr strange seems like an obvious choice with his naff magic recently. Plus the fact that part of the paranoia of the storyline is that they have been undetected. Not even by Strange's spell, because he is a Skrull (?)

Xavier is another possible choice with the whole H.O.M fiasco. Although he is supposed to be an important character in next years X-men event so I may be wrong.......

grey fox
They say it's a member of the Illuminati right ?

Xavier - No, he's recently been re-powered I doubt they could re-power a skrull.

Stark - Marvel said it isn't stark .

Namor - Possibly, can they replicate Amphibious skrulls ?

Black Panther - Hudlin Panther could cause Skrull backlash....

BlackBolt - They invested too much in Silent War

Reed - Possibly , explains dickishness and creation of Clor (as well as why Reed stated he was against CW then later for it).

Strange - Magic puts it in doubt , then again isn't their a faction of Magical skrulls ?

willRules

Uh, I'm not saying you're wrong but who says this? confused

Hercules
Originally posted by willRules
Uh, I'm not saying you're wrong but who says this? confused

Bendis said it in an interview IIRC.

Darth Vicious

Xavier - No, he's recently been re-powered I doubt they could re-power a skrull.

Stark - Marvel said it isn't stark .

Namor - Possibly, can they replicate Amphibious skrulls ?

Black Panther - Hudlin Panther could cause Skrull backlash....

BlackBolt - They invested too much in Silent War

Reed - Possibly , explains dickishness and creation of Clor (as well as why Reed stated he was against CW then later for it).

Strange - Magic puts it in doubt , then again isn't their a faction of Magical skrulls ?

Xavier - Nope.

Stark - Doub it.

Namor - Can his dickiness be duplicated?

Black Panther - I would like him to be one just so Storm can have that marriage anulled.

BlackBolt - Doubt it but it would explain how Hulk was able to take his scream.

Reed - Maybe but it would f**k up a whole lot of story lines.

Strange - Obvious choice, explains why he was taken out rather easily in NA.

Validus
FYI, Black Panther isn't a member of the Illuminati.

Of any of them, Namor and Dr. Strange are most likely. I don't see how they can pull this with anyone who has a long running series.

Grimm22
Panther isn't a skrull

If they had tried to replace him he would have stopped it and figured out the entire invasion and then probably made some kind of plan to stop it.

Rather the skrulls replaced Storm, the only one who they knew T'Challa would never suspect. So basically they now have control of Wakanda without T'Challa even knowing it

Validus
Panther wouldn't need a plan. He'd just armlock the shit outta them.

Grimm22
As far as I can tell right now the skrulls are...

Spider-Woman - Got to her during Civil War

Echo - Check back to the Ronin arc, she's death and yet she acts as if she can hear perfectly fine?

Mr. Fantastic - Got to him right before Civil War

Invisible Woman - Got to her just recently on her second honeymoon

Aunt May - Her GOOD death was her real death, since then she's been a skrull

Green Goblin - He's been dead since his first death.

Sentry's Wife - They couldn't replicate the Sentry's powers (and they didn't want to mess with him), so they put an agent in place of the biggest influence on his life (also she has been dead as she originally was during the first arc of New Avengers)

tjcoady
As far as I can tell right now the skrulls are...

Spider-Woman - Got to her during Civil War

Echo - Check back to the Ronin arc, she's death and yet she acts as if she can hear perfectly fine?

Mr. Fantastic - Got to him right before Civil War

Invisible Woman - Got to her just recently on her second honeymoon

Aunt May - Her GOOD death was her real death, since then she's been a skrull

Green Goblin - He's been dead since his first death.

Sentry's Wife - They couldn't replicate the Sentry's powers (and they didn't want to mess with him), so they put an agent in place of the biggest influence on his life (also she has been dead as she originally was during the first arc of New Avengers)

Lindy wasn't really dead- the Sentry just thought he had killed her.

Man, I'm really hoping Dr. Strange isn't a skrull, but it would make sense. he hasn't used the Eye of Agammetto once since he's been put in the New Avengers- the Eye won't respond to people using it for shady reasons. There HAVE been Skrull magic users, if I remember correctly, and some of them were actually pretty good. Doctor Strange is the reason I started reading comics- and if he is a Skrull, I'm going to be pretty sad. unless of course, him being a Skrull leads to the re-emergence and being put into the spotlight of the REAL Stephen Strange. That would actually be pretty cool then.

I made this point before, but a lot of clues hint towards Doctor Strange- his de-powering, the fact that the Skrull baby laughed when he used the spell to check "evil intent," his sudden joining of the New Avengers- an act he would have NO reason to do, seeing as how ever since the whole fall from grace storyline where he lost the blessings of the Vishanti and his return from that, he's been withdrawn from the Marvel universe, and pretty reluctant to join teams or aid in team ups. I think his appearance in dissambled, if he is a Skrull, would be the last time we saw the Doctor as a human.

Tyrant
Um, anyone else remember when the Illuminati was captured by the Skrulls?
Plus, Strange was the only one on the plane at the time who was a member...
Strange is currently a pussy.
Plus, I don't remember current Strange doing too many spells, especially ones that in comics can only be explained by magic.

Anyway, I'm sticking to Strange being one. Although, I hope to God it's Black Bolt... Silent War also doesn't happen at the same time, as other events.

NiņoAraņa
Um, anyone else remember when the Illuminati was captured by the Skrulls?
Plus, Strange was the only one on the plane at the time who was a member...
Strange is currently a pussy.
Plus, I don't remember current Strange doing too many spells, especially ones that in comics can only be explained by magic.

Anyway, I'm sticking to Strange being one. Although, I hope to God it's Black Bolt... Silent War also doesn't happen at the same time, as other events. Bran i've lost count of how many time i've mistaken you for someone else ermm

Darth Vicious
For those who dont read Wizard, heres the artcle on the Skrulls. They better leave Emma alone is all im saying!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4493/wizardmagazine190shaw00go7.th.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6587/wizardmagazine190shaw00wl9.th.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7474/wizardmagazine190shaw00qe9.th.jpg
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/430/wizardmagazine190shaw00er7.th.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2644/wizardmagazine190shaw00rb8.th.jpg

Tyrant

tjcoady
I think I just figured out how they're going to redeem Tony Stark's character

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/avengers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=58286

notice his comment to Ms. Marvel. My theory is that Tony learned about the Skrull invasion. Knowing that there was no one he could trust (and I'm not he didn't believe in the Registration act in the first place) he went ahead with the Civil War and became head of Shield so he could combat the Skrull threat. I have a feeling he's going to become the hero of the upcoming war.

and this idea has even less basis in fact, but maybe Tony engineered the Ultron robot in MA in order for him to go even more underground, and have the Skrulls believe him out of the picture, and then use the Ultron as a weapon against the Skrulls.

Darth Vicious

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/avengers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=58286

notice his comment to Ms. Marvel. My theory is that Tony learned about the Skrull invasion. Knowing that there was no one he could trust (and I'm not he didn't believe in the Registration act in the first place) he went ahead with the Civil War and became head of Shield so he could combat the Skrull threat. I have a feeling he's going to become the hero of the upcoming war.

and this idea has even less basis in fact, but maybe Tony engineered the Ultron robot in MA in order for him to go even more underground, and have the Skrulls believe him out of the picture, and then use the Ultron as a weapon against the Skrulls.

Hmmm, I remember that issue and I remember thinking that he meant the politicians. He couldve administered the same extensive test he ran on Hawkeye to determine whether he was the real deal to determine which of his friends was a skrull. If he is aware of the invasion then he could staged Caps "death" . Element of surprise when the time comes and the more reason to have the SRA in effect. It could be genius on his part if Marvel plays it this way.

Grimm22

I pretty much just said that no expression

tjcoady
Hmmm, I remember that issue and I remember thinking that he meant the politicians. He couldve administered the same extensive test he ran on Hawkeye to determine whether he was the real deal to determine which of his friends was a skrull. If he is aware of the invasion then he could staged Caps "death" . Element of surprise when the time comes and the more reason to have the SRA in effect. It could be genius on his part if Marvel plays it this way.

I don't think he could have ran the same tests on every person he ran across that he ran on Hawkeye. it's just a theory, but it's pleasant to think that maybe Tony hasn't become a dick.

Darth Vicious
I don't think he could have ran the same tests on every person he ran across that he ran on Hawkeye. it's just a theory, but it's pleasant to think that maybe Tony hasn't become a dick.
Pleasant indeed, I just started hating the guy a bit today.

tjcoady
I pretty much just said that no expression

man, I thought my theory was really original. didn't notice that comment.

SpunkySmurph
Tony kicks ass, and you're all misguided, naive sheep, ready to be herded.

Except for Bran...maybe.

Badabing
I'm hoping Cap was a Skrull.

Blight
Hey guys...... I'm a skrull no expression

Badabing
Originally posted by Blight
Hey guys...... I'm a skrull no expression I knew it! durfist

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Tony kicks ass, and you're all misguided, naive sheep, ready to be herded.

Except for Bran...maybe.

Have you even read my posts you beaver loving bastard?I was supporting tony far before you mimicked me...sheep boy...

Hercules
Originally posted by Blight
Hey guys...... I'm a skrull no expression

I was about to post the same thing...no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm hoping Cap was a Skrull.

You're hoping all the money spent on comics tieing into Cap's death become completely pointless and that the entire thing was a huge copout? confused

See its stuff like this that gives Marvel bad ideas

Validus
You're hoping all the money spent on comics tieing into Cap's death become completely pointless and that the entire thing was a huge copout? confused

See its stuff like this that gives Marvel bad ideas It's not as if Cap is actually going to stay dead.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
It's not as if Cap is actually going to stay dead.

Yeah, but I would rather have it Cap actually died than some skrull

NiņoAraņa
Luke is NOT a skrull.

IMO 13

I just read Immortal Iron Fist #6, not only was it slightly hilarious, it kind of confirmed for me that he's a "normie"

so yeah, it's Jessica...or whateverhernameis, his wife.

Darth Vicious
Yeah, but I would rather have it Cap actually died than some skrull
Cap didnt die. He is planning somewhere, maybe with Nick Fury. A

NiņoAraņa

long pig
Iron Man isn't a Skrull, but he knows they are out there and he's set all this CW crap in motion to weed them out. He needs to know who is who.

Who do I believe are a Skrull?

1. Gotta be Dr.Strange. He's out of character AND has done NOTHING magical. Remember in the Illuminati where they were all captured by Skrulls (which means a few of them could have been replaced with Skrulls) and the Skrulls said they simply couldn't understand his power source? Well, they never did figure it out. So, they used tech to create magical looking powers.

What HAS he done lately? Teleported?(only short distances...wtf?) Tech.

Created illusions? Tech. Holograms.

Hid his house from Brother Voodoo? BV uses old magic, the kind that don't even understand science. Skrull's science is above even IronMan's...and IM STILL figured it out. The real Strange wouldn't have been found out.

Shot concentrated gay from his fingertips? Tech..or Extacy. Either or.

Astral Form (WITH CAPE?! His cape doesn't follow him into the AF.) Skrulls can go Astral form and use TP.

Astral form without affecting the physical world. Same as above. Strange CAN affect the physical world in AF.

When asked by the Watcher "You could stop all this with a gesture. Why not do it?" and Strange says "I'm not involved in the ways of man." WTF? This coming from the same guy who chased down a rapist, intentionally using no magic just so he could kung fu his ass? B.S

What HASN'T he done?

He hasn't used the eye of Agg. Guess why? It only works for Strange.

Called upon the Vishanti. Why? They don't know magic.

Used ANY of his well known ENGLISH spells? Not once, he spells sound like gibberish(and to a Skrull, it wouldn't sound any different): "FadaA Fadaadaa!". He's never said stupid shit like that. He calls upon a god to do what he needs done.

Used any H2H skills? None. He's one of the best, yet....ninjas? Do you remember what happened to the last ninja who ****ed with the Strange?

Had ANY internal dialog. Why not? He's a ****ing Skrull, that's why not.

Now, even WITH internal dialog, that doesn't mean a hero isn't a Skrull.
You see, Skrulls can be implanted with all a person's knowledge and then brainwashed into thinking he IS that hero. He couldn't turn back to Skrull if he wanted to, but he CAN turn back when he's forced to by his leaders.
Remember when two Skrulls were brainwashed into thinking they were cows for years and they took their form and ate grass and shat on their own feet until they died and THEN turned into Skrulls? This could be the same thing. A bunch of sleeper Skrulls.

Namor is a Skrull. I'd bet. X MAY be. Reed? Yep. Remember that letter he wrote to IW? That's so out of character, in fact, he hasn't the mind to write such a beautiful letter.

And, worst of all, the goddamned Hulk will be the one who figures all this shit out. ARGH!

long pig
That, or the Illuminate screwed up bad during the Skrull/Kree war and they allowed the Skrulls to do this because they thought it'd benefit humanity somehow. Which led to the Civil War.

There's tons of answers.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by long pig
When asked by the Watcher "You could stop all this with a gesture. Why not do it?" and Strange says "I'm not involved in the ways of man." WTF? This coming from the same guy who chased down a rapist, intentionally using no magic just so he could kung fu his ass? B.S

But wouldn't Uatu know that Strange is actually a Skrull?

Axon
I think on a long-enough timeline, everyone is a Skrull.

outavodka
ide say
Blackbot is skrull to explain why hulk won so easily
Dont see Xavier bein one right now
IM isnt one
Namor has been iffy lately, possible canidate
Always thout Strange's power drop=Skrull
Reed eh...leme read at least one more new comic then...

grey fox

Darth Vicious
Anybody read NA #32? The jet they were flying on all of a sudden stopped and Strange not only looked scared but said he couldnt fly out of the plane because his cloak "didnt work under those conditions", also at the end Spider-Woman took the Elektra Skrull corpse and left with it which the obvious thing to say is that she is a skrull herself but IMO she went to take it to Tony Stark since her team mates didnt want to do that.

The Unknown
I don't think Jessica is a Skrull. She got pregnant in Alias, where we saw things through her point of view.

I think the whole baby thing may be a red herring. The baby probably has superpowers or is a mutant (if Wanda didn't mess with Jessica or Luke's DNA), so maybe the baby sensed a Skrull in the room and something happened.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by The Unknown
I don't think Jessica is a Skrull. She got pregnant in Alias, where we saw things through her point of view.

I think the whole baby thing may be a red herring. The baby probably has superpowers or is a mutant (if Wanda didn't mess with Jessica or Luke's DNA), so maybe the baby sensed a Skrull in the room and something happened.

I like that theory. I hope that's the direction they follow. Anyone else think that the Iron Man in Might Avengers is/was a Skrull?

Darth Vicious

The only problem with that is that Wanda's spell was so powerful that even unborn mutants lost the x-gene. I dont think shes a skrull but maybe her and the baby got replaced when Luke and her separated at the beginning of Civil War.

Grinning Goku
The only problem with that is that Wanda's spell was so powerful that even unborn mutants lost the x-gene. I dont think shes a skrull but maybe her and the baby got replaced when Luke and her separated at the beginning of Civil War.

But...why???huhfox

The Unknown

Some mutants retained their power, and if Luke was protected by Emma/Doctor Strange from Wanda's spell, he may have retained the x-gene if he had it.

Though you do have a point about both of them being replaced, though personally I don't think they were (and hope they weren't).

Darth Vicious
Some mutants retained their power, and if Luke was protected by Emma/Doctor Strange from Wanda's spell, he may have retained the x-gene if he had it.

Though you do have a point about both of them being replaced, though personally I don't think they were (and hope they weren't).
Neither Luke nor Jessica are mutants so the x-gene wouldnt be present in them anyways. Theres something ging on with the baby, thats fo sho!

The Unknown
Neither Luke nor Jessica are mutants so the x-gene wouldnt be present in them anyways. Theres something ging on with the baby, thats fo sho!

I meant the potential for their children to have the x-gene (like Reed and Sue having Franklin).

Grimm22
Strange HAS too be a skrull

He went from being he powerhouse he is in his mini "The Oath" to being some wimp who can't even teleport to Japan in NA.

Darth Vicious
Marvel is making Dr.Strange too obvious of a choice to be a skrull. Either that or his power level went to to punk ass level.

tjcoady
Strange HAS too be a skrull

He went from being he powerhouse he is in his mini "The Oath" to being some wimp who can't even teleport to Japan in NA.

in an arc of the Defenders, Strange swore an oath he would never use a group teleportation spell again, because it will weaken the walls of reality and let Mephisto free. haven't read it for a while, but it's something along those lines.

so that I'm willing to forgive, and also because it moves the plot along for them to be in a jet, and then for that jet to crash.

but him saying he can't help them out when the jet is crashing? or him saying "my cloak of levitation wont' work in these conditions?" that didn't make any sense.

Grimm22
in an arc of the Defenders, Strange swore an oath he would never use a group teleportation spell again, because it will weaken the walls of reality and let Mephisto free. haven't read it for a while, but it's something along those lines.

so that I'm willing to forgive, and also because it moves the plot along for them to be in a jet, and then for that jet to crash.

but him saying he can't help them out when the jet is crashing? or him saying "my cloak of levitation wont' work in these conditions?" that didn't make any sense.

I would accept that, but he didn't say that no expression

He just said that he wasn't powerful enough to do it

Disappear
his recent lack of action is suspect. and if the skrull's have the technology to replicate the superpowers of heroes lightyears away from their planet, it's not a big stretch to assume they're also mystically advanced enough to put ninjas to sleep.

willRules
Strange has to be a Skrull, when Clint Barton returned he checked everyone of their innocence to see if they were being truthful or not. If it really was Strange then nobody on the team should be a Skrull (Unless Skrulls can outwit the sorcerer supreme) If strange is a Skrull then his "spell" didn't do anything and anyone on the team could be a Skrull, which is the way Marvel wants to set up the storyline yes

Grimm22
The whole "My cape doesn't work under these conditions" thing is a dead give away

That or Bendis just really knows absolutely nothing about Dr. Strange

long pig

What the hell?

He's teleported groups of heroes every single time he's ever been IN a group since the 60's. He's always their mode of transportation. I don't even quite know where to start picking that apart, honestly.

As for "my cloak doesn't work under these conditions."...... c'mon. It's a Skrull.
He made up an excuse to force the heroes onto the plane.

Strange has used the Eye of Agg literally a thousand times to check someone if they are possessed or a duplicate, (it's it's main function-it knows the base truth of everything in existance-he used it on LT to read his true intent FFS) if he doesn't use it here, then he's a Skrull...or this is horrid writing.

The Unknown
Have Skrulls normally been able to avoid all forms of detection (such as Spider-Man's spider-sense)? If not, then they may have some new form of disguise, as Wolverine and Spider-Man didn't know about Elektra. That would explain Strange not detecting it.

Darth Vicious
Strange didnt detect them because he is one of them.

The Unknown
Strange didnt detect them because he is one of them.

Seems too obvious for it to be him, IMO.

Disappear
you know that they make these comics primarily for the average reader; i.e. not us. a regular reader probably doesn't overanalyze scenes, reference years-old comic arcs, and spend hours a day online wondering who may or may not be a skrull.

also, in recent issues of heroes for hire, i believe reed knew a way to detect skrulls, as he was tracking and investigating illegal skrull organ transplants.

tjcoady
What the hell?

He's teleported groups of heroes every single time he's ever been IN a group since the 60's. He's always their mode of transportation. I don't even quite know where to start picking that apart, honestly.

As for "my cloak doesn't work under these conditions."...... c'mon. It's a Skrull.
He made up an excuse to force the heroes onto the plane.

Defenders 93 through 99, volume 1. Mephisto, acting through a fake group called the Six Fingered engineered events around the world that required the Defenders attention; Doctor Strange used a group teleportation spell repeatedly to keep up with it, which was Mephisto's plan, as it weakened the walls of reality enough for him to start merging Earth and Hell. I believe in issue 98, he swore an oath to never use it again.
I know it's an isolated incident. But right now, I'm warring with my love of Doctor Strange and his history, and my enjoyment of the New Avengers- I really like the current arc, and it's only downside for me is the butchering of Strange's character. I was grasping at straws to provide a reason for why he couldn't just teleport them, even though it's just a reason to have all the NA on a plane.

outavodka
proof wolverine is a skrull/knows about numerous clones all over the MU

Disappear
i'd be very pleased if wong was revealed as a skrull. it's the only thing more "out of the blue" i can think of than the possible jessica's baby revelation.

srankmissingnin
I don't think Strange is a Skrull, he was using the Eye in some Spider-man preview art.

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays52.html

Disappear
he was also casting a spell on rand's plane, astrally contacting all available superheroes about the hulk situation, etc.

it's possible the "my cloak won't work under these conditions" referred to it's ability to function in the emp-scrambled atmosphere surrounding new york city. but, even so, he could just be a skrull that knows some magic tricks.

Grimm22
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't think Strange is a Skrull, he was using the Eye in some Spider-man preview art.

This reminds me of how Strange was somehow unable to cure Peter's "disease" in the Other stroyline.

Seriously, this is Doctor F*cking Strange, he should be able to cure anything (Besides Cancer that is no expression )

Endless Mike
Well why couldn't a Skrull learn magic for an undercover operation? The Dire Wraiths who were offshoots of the Skrulls used magic. It's just that the power of this Skrull's magic isn't up to the standard of the Sorceror Supreme.

A[BAW]Endrict
I think Digi is s Super Skrull.

TricksterPriest

I'll forgive the entire crappy CW storyline and everything bad they've done since if they do something this genius.

And like LP said, there's plenty of stuff that points to Strange being a skrull. Or......like Grimm22 said, Bendis knows jack-shit about Dr. Strange. stick out tongue

Though, the eye thing points either way. Either he's a skrull and he can't mess with the eye, or Bendis has no ****ing clue how Dr. Strange's artifacts work. durlaugh

Grimm22
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'll forgive the entire crappy CW storyline and everything bad they've done since if they do something this genius.

And like LP said, there's plenty of stuff that points to Strange being a skrull. Or......like Grimm22 said, Bendis knows jack-shit about Dr. Strange. stick out tongue

Though, the eye thing points either way. Either he's a skrull and he can't mess with the eye, or Bendis has no ****ing clue how Dr. Strange's artifacts work. durlaugh

Bendis has no idea how to write any character above Street Level.

That's why his books that focus on guys like Spider-Man, Wolverine or Luke Cage kick ass and then we get the Avengers books, which suck.

Oh and for some reason he hates Tigra (why?!?)

long pig
But, tell me, what the shit is this artwork all about?

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/005170/intro.jpg

Grimm22
Its from Wizard.

They did an article about it. And it's not sh*t no expression

long pig
Defenders 93 through 99, volume 1. Mephisto, acting through a fake group called the Six Fingered engineered events around the world that required the Defenders attention; Doctor Strange used a group teleportation spell repeatedly to keep up with it, which was Mephisto's plan, as it weakened the walls of reality enough for him to start merging Earth and Hell. I believe in issue 98, he swore an oath to never use it again.
I know it's an isolated incident. But right now, I'm warring with my love of Doctor Strange and his history, and my enjoyment of the New Avengers- I really like the current arc, and it's only downside for me is the butchering of Strange's character. I was grasping at straws to provide a reason for why he couldn't just teleport them, even though it's just a reason to have all the NA on a plane.
Hmm.........I smell a power feat. Not just anyone can say they accidentally tore the universal fabric of reality with their power residue.

long pig
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Actually, if you ask me, it looks like Doc is sending the eye over to Spiderman so SM can use it. The eye is like Thor's hammer, if you're worthy, you can't use it. And Doc added SM into a small group of people who's capable of using the eye.

long pig
bah

tjcoady
Hmm.........I smell a power feat. Not just anyone can say they accidentally tore the universal fabric of reality with their power residue.

you have a great point. accidentally tearing apart the universe because it's your most convient mode of travel... good times.

tjcoady
But, tell me, what the shit is this artwork all about?

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/005170/intro.jpg

I dunno, but it makes me really excited about the concept of an entirely skrull marvel universe.

Disappear
37.5% of those depicted are skrull imposters of mutants. 6 of the 16. there's only two cosmic-ray-bombarded imposters, and two gamma-ray-mutated imposters. one imposter avec pym particles, one who got bitten by a skrull imposter of a spider, one with advanced skrullian technology, and one who got the super-skrulldier serum. one doesn't even have powers, and the other got messed up by skrull imposters of other aliens.

moral: skrulls like mutants better.

Grimm22
Actually it's a mock up on the Secret Wars #1 cover (the classic crossover) no expression

So, there is no significance in the picture

willRules
Actually it's a mock up on the Secret Wars #1 cover (the classic crossover) no expression

I love that cover, best cover of the series yes

Juntai
37.5% of those depicted are skrull imposters of mutants. 6 of the 16. there's only two cosmic-ray-bombarded imposters, and two gamma-ray-mutated imposters. one imposter avec pym particles, one who got bitten by a skrull imposter of a spider, one with advanced skrullian technology, and one who got the super-skrulldier serum. one doesn't even have powers, and the other got messed up by skrull imposters of other aliens.

moral: skrulls like mutants better. 1 out of 3 skrulls prefer mutants?

Disappear

nope. breakdown of earthling hero popularity through a variety of skrullian polls. it's a coincidence that it looks like that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>