Stardust: the official thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A Dose Of Vraya
So I went to the movie theater today (to watch fantastic 4, it was pretty good) but I saw a bulletin that said stardust. I remember reading the book about a year ago and I thought it was pretty damn awesome. The cool thing was that I thought that it would make a good movie. Anyway, it's coming out sometime this summer. Has anyone else read the book? Any other comments?

=Tired Hiker=
No, I have not read the book. What's it about?

A Dose Of Vraya

xNIXSONx
with movies like Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer, Live Free or Die Hard, Transformers, and new epic saga The Golden Compass coming out (and those already out) i dunno if Stardust is gonna do ok at all lol

MildPossession
I adored Layer Cake, so will be very interesting to see what the guy does with this type of film. Looks fun.

Scythe
I saw a screenshot of the movie. I could've sworn I saw a carriege being pulled by two goats!

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by Scythe
I saw a screenshot of the movie. I could've sworn I saw a carriege being pulled by two goats! yeah, but that's the evil witch!!!!!

Geek.mike
Did you just say that fantastic four was pretty good?

ADarksideJedi
I saw the previews last night and thought it twas "Aragon" at first since another one is supose to be coming out.But then saw that it was not and lost interest!jm

shugie99
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
So I went to the movie theater today (to watch fantastic 4, it was pretty good) but I saw a bulletin that said stardust. I remember reading the book about a year ago and I thought it was pretty damn awesome. The cool thing was that I thought that it would make a good movie. Anyway, it's coming out sometime this summer. Has anyone else read the book? Any other comments?

I have not read the book for this but I have seen the trailer and it looks really good. I am excited about seeing it. The cast is really amazing. I am excited about seeing DeNiro in a role like this one.

=Tired Hiker=
Sounds interesting. I'll probably check it out.

shugie99
I know I will. Everything looks pretty good. Everytime I see the trailer I get excited at how good it looks and then the amazing cast.

Jim Reaper
Anyone check it out yet?

Tex
Yes, it was gay, literally. zorro

SelphieT
This movie was very boring, and slow at first, but once Robert DeNiro showed up, it was totally worth it. thumb up

=Tired Hiker=
I thouroughly enjoyed this movie. It's 'The Princess Bride' meets 'Lord Of The Rings' meets 'Harry Potter.' I liked the humor in the movie. The story was captivating. And props to Michelle Pfiffer, she did a great job as the wicked old witch. I give it a B+.

Dusty
It wasn't bad. I saw it, not knowing what to expect. I enjoyed it. DeNiro is worth buying a ticket for, alone.

Czarina_Czarina
I liked it.

At least on a fantasy level, it showed the difference b/t the spirit of a "fallen star" and a witch (and not all "witchs" are bad, but a fallen star is under a different spiritual order then a witch).

Czarina_Czarina
ops, i ran out of time, oh well.

well, the little bit that i do know about the difference in b/t a witch and a fallen star in the fantasy world....

a witch is out to control the lives of others, spiritually/psychically...(it's unfair to think all witches are like this)...

a fallen star is like an angel, here to serve or protect mankind or a particular cause, probably giving in nature in some sort of way...

This is my favorite scene, although it's sorta sad at this point, she is going after her love (spoiler: she was told he was going after another woman who he realized was his true love whom he is going to marry or ask a hand in marriage), she chases after him, but unknowingly risking her very life:

http://www.shakefire.com/frivolous/stardust7.jpg

Mr Parker
saw it this last week,didnt care for it.I only liked the scenes that had michelle phieffer in them when she was young of course.

allofyousuckkk
Bit long, but I loved it. Claire Danes and Cox did very well.

=Tired Hiker=
I thought they lacked some chemistry, but they each held their own.

Czarina_Czarina
Would anyone of you see the movie twice?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina

Its possible.

Leggy_n_Merry
I really want to see this film. I love fantasy films like this, and as a lot of people have mentioned the cast is amazing, especially Robert De Niro. I can't believe it's not coming out in the UK until October. Argh!

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina

I'd probably rent it once it came out on video, or watch it if it were on HBO, but I won't go see it in theaters again.

a.star
When I read about the whole fallen star thing, it just reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle.

I have yet to see this film. But I might check it out thanks to your input.

Captain REX
I watched it twice in theaters; once with girlfriend, second with family.

I thought it was awesome.

Czarina_Czarina
i want to discuss the movie in detail, but i don't want to spoil it for those who havn't seen it yet.

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Stardust, just watched it coz it just came out, AWEsome movie.

gingercaily
i also want to watch this movie..my friend told me that this was an awesome movie..A good combination of fantasy, adventure, comedy and romance......

=Tired Hiker=
The more I think back to this movie, the more I want to see it again.

gingercaily
same here..the more i read all your comments regarding this movie the more i dream to watch this movie..

EszettRocks
It could have been shorter, but a great movie nonetheless. Pfeiffer did great.

Saige
I have not seen this movie yet and I probably never will....I don't like Claire Danes at all....

ragesRemorse
Id still f*ck michelle at her age phieffer...,is that wrong?

Mark Question
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Id still f*ck michelle at her age phieffer...,is that wrong?

If it's wrong, i don't want to be right.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Mark Question
If it's wrong, i don't want to be right.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.