Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediKatarn1
Any thoughts or idea on which actor should play the king of Atlantis? Is DC and Warner Brothers planning a Aquaman movie?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Not to my knowledge there is no Aquaman movie.

SnakeEyes
He is one of the worst superheroes, imo.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Why do you think that?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

agreed

Deathstroke
I never have understood all the negativity towards Aquaman.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Why do you think that?

Personally it's not so much that he DOES a lot of negative things to make me dislike him.

It's just a matter of him being unimpressive, bland, and not intriguing to the slightest (in my opinion).

And I also think he looks extremely homosexual (not literally... well maybe, but I was using it more as a derogatory term).

Always hated him, always will.

Kazenji
I'm another hater of him, He talks to fish and fights and lives underwater wow sounds a bit like namor

Lucid Lui
There should be a movie. Aquaman's too much of a dude not to have one.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
There should be a movie. Aquaman's too much of a dude not to have one.

Aquaman is getting his own film Under the guise of the Sub-Mariner movie.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm another hater of him, He talks to fish and fights and lives underwater wow sounds a bit like namor

Yeah, talking to fish is a really lame superpower, atleast namore has the whole misanthropy thing going on

NoFate007
In my opinion, the only reason Aquaman is such a widely known character is because of the fact that people don't like him. The reason that people USED to like him was because they didn't have much of an option. The fewer options you have, the bigger the names are. Look at TV. When people used to have only three channels to pick from, everybody knew the people on TV. Now we have hundreds of channels and there are entire stations that most people haven't heard of. Back in the day, Aquaman was a fresh, exciting concept, and even if it wasn't the best, it was one of the few alternatives they had. If Aquaman was released nowadays for the first time, nobody would pay attention. A movie about him would - sadly for the character - tank. Some people would see it, but it would immediately be bombarded by jokes (and rightfully so) and it would quickly become a target.

Ultimate Hulk43
Aquaman is very bland & uninteresting so making a movie about him would surely be a disaster.

roughrider
Namor will be getting his own movie soon. Aquaman is completely uninteresting & unneccessary.

Deathstroke
The part that I don't understand is how some people can be like "Namor is alright, but Aquaman is so lame". Then they follow it up with "All he does is talk to fish". This obviously shows the person is ignorant of the character and his abilities. I could easily mock Namor by saying "Namor has f***** feathery wings on his ankles and wears a f****** speedo. He's so lame." but that doesn't do the character justice. I'd wager that 85% of the people that mock Aquaman have never read an Aquaman comic their life.

Sorry. I just had to vent a little.

Here's some required reading for Aquaman haters.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/375903_1-the-official-aquaman-respect-thread

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Deathstroke
The part that I don't understand is how some people can be like "Namor is alright, but Aquaman is so lame". Then they follow it up with "All he does is talk to fish". This obviously shows the person is ignorant of the character and his abilities. I could easily mock Namor by saying "Namor has f***** feathery wings on his ankles and wears a f****** speedo. He's so lame." but that doesn't do the character justice. I'd wager that 85% of the people that mock Aquaman have never read an Aquaman comic their life.

Sorry. I just had to vent a little.

Here's some required reading for Aquaman haters.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/375903_1-the-official-aquaman-respect-thread

Namor atleast has an interesting personality and history that makes for tolerable story arcs.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Namor atleast has an interesting personality and history that makes for tolerable story arcs.

He's arrogant.

What's so interesting about his history again? Let me rephrase that. What's so interesting about his history that makes him any better than Aquaman?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
So... what story arcs of Aquaman's have you read?

And for that matter, "tolerable" Namor story arcs are you talking about?

Originally posted by roughrider
Namor will be getting his own movie soon.
With the quality of recent marvel movies, i wouldn't exactly count that as a blessing.

spidermonkey
cursingF****ing Superfriends warping everyone's view of Aquaman...furiousmadranting

roughrider
Originally posted by spidermonkey
cursingF****ing Superfriends warping everyone's view of Aquaman...furiousmadranting

Well...if they did a movie where he teamed up with Jar Jar Binks, that would be perfect! I'd pay money to see those two kick fish together! roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Deathstroke
There's a rumor that the new JLA movie will be entirely motion captured CGI and that Aquaman will be one of the members. He might get some postive exposure from that.

Lucid Lui
CGI eh. That'd be cool.

Though i think if they want the movie to be a mainstream success, it'd need to be live action.

But i'm certainly hoping Aquaman is in it, as he should be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.