Transformers Sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
WARNING SPOILERS!!!

Autobots Survivors
Optimus Prime
Iron Hide
Bumblebee
Ratchet

Decepticon Survivors
Starscream
Barricade
Scorponok

Also there was a phone cab who was transformed into a transformer when the Allspark energy was briefly released, will the government destroy or take it in custody for study and analysis?
Also, how can they destroy Megatron?I mean he's a key character, and he was buried into the dephts of the sea.

Mišt
They're doing 2 more sequels, the cast have signed on but the the writers havent decided yet.

On May 30, 2007, Dreamworks greenlit two sequels to Transformers, and Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Peter Cullen signed on to return. Michael Bay has not signed, saying "I'm trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations." Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are undecided but may not return because "we want to have a reason to do it, not just say, “it’s a business, it’s a franchise, we’re going to go do the second one because that’s what we do and we’re going to get the big money,” and Star Trek by the way is taking up kind of all of our time."

Soundwave is intended to be a new major character in the sequels, with his presence allowing a proper introduction of mass-shifting. Producer Tom DeSanto has "a very cool idea on how to introduce the Dinobots and Constructicons." If he decides to helm a sequel, Bay may put in an aircraft carrier character, an idea which was previously too expensive for the first film.

grey fox
Thank god for my 'scrawl' button. No spoilers for me big grin

Anyway , yeah they NEED a sequel. Preferably with teh constructicons and Dinobots.

Also you can do Spoilers like this

See ?

Scythe
The films hasn't even been released yet and all this planning is goin' on? Hate how Hollywood rushes into things, but like a moth to a flame, I'll watch it.

Darth Dean
Since Megatron was frozen for all those years, and the Secretary said that at the bottom of the Marianis (sp?) had sub freezing temperatures, so I'm thinking it will just have the same effect as the Arctic circle had on him.
Also, was there any more scenes after they showed Starscream heading towards Cybertron?

Impediment
There are 2 more sequels planned, but Michael Bay has not been confirmed to be attached to either, yet.

The one rumor I have been hearing is that there will be a cool way to introduce the Dinobots and the Constructicons, allowing for way cool sequences with Devastator.

Emma718
interesting.

Scythe
Grimlock was so cool.

KingDubya
Originally posted by Darth Dean
Since Megatron was frozen for all those years, and the Secretary said that at the bottom of the Marianis (sp?) had sub freezing temperatures, so I'm thinking it will just have the same effect as the Arctic circle had on him.
Also, was there any more scenes after they showed Starscream heading towards Cybertron?
They also mentioned that the intense water pressure in the Marianas would most likely crush their bodies. Of course, the key words are "MOST LIKELY".
There may be a chance of them bringing Megatron back, but that's probably only if fans start demanding it, as with various other twists in media (ala Hal Jordan's redemption in the Green Lantern comics).

Impediment
Megatron will return. He has to.

The Transformers franchise crumbled and died when the 1986 animated movie killed off Optimus Prime and converted Megatron into Galvatron.

Scythe
Guys, keep all spoiler talk in the spoiler thread please.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Impediment
Megatron will return. He has to.

The Transformers franchise crumbled and died when the 1986 animated movie killed off Optimus Prime and converted Megatron into Galvatron.

they'll probably have Starscream leading a pack of new Decepticons (the constructicons would easily fill the Decepticon roster) and hopefully Autobots get some friendly faces in like Ultra Magnus, Kup and/or Cliffjumper or w/e AND a twist that one traitorous Autobot, haha

Strangelove
Michael Bay has said that if he returns, there might be an aircraft carrier character. That mother****er would be HUGE.

Turkish
Megs must come back as Galvatron in a 2nd film,that would follow in line with the basic history of the charachters, wouldn't it..?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
they'll probably have Starscream leading a pack of new Decepticons (the constructicons would easily fill the Decepticon roster) and hopefully Autobots get some friendly faces in like Ultra Magnus, Kup and/or Cliffjumper or w/e AND a twist that one traitorous Autobot, haha
I hope they bring in Wheeljack, always thought he was cool.
Originally posted by Strangelove
Michael Bay has said that if he returns, there might be an aircraft carrier character. That mother****er would be HUGE.
They could make Skyfire the aircraft carrier character.

Scythe
How would they squeeze in the Dinobots?

The big EH
Originally posted by K3VIL
WARNING SPOILERS!!!

Autobots Survivors
Optimus Prime
Iron Hide
Bumblebee
Ratchet

Decepticon Survivors
Starscream
Barricade
Scorponok

Also there was a phone cab who was transformed into a transformer when the Allspark energy was briefly released, will the government destroy or take it in custody for study and analysis?
Also, how can they destroy Megatron?I mean he's a key character, and he was buried into the dephts of the sea. theres going to be atleast two sequels Shia and the black haired chick and someone else has already signed, Soundwave will be in it and Megatron definately comes back, the way it ended was similar to the first season's ending with all of them in the ocean, and it might have unicron, but i just remembered tha Starscream gets totalld he goes in to help Megs and gets attacked by all the humans and gets totallled then they do the same to megs, atleast thats how i remember it, i saw the advance showing two days ago, so it's a little fuzzy in some parts to me

Scythe
Wait, what?

The big EH
wat to wat i said alot, oh and was there anything after the credits?

Scythe
Yes, what did you mean?

The big EH
wat was after the credits?

Scythe
Apparently an interview with Sam's parents and Starscream coming home to Cybertron or somethin', look at past posts.

King_Mungi
What did they say about Scorponok tail? like the metal was self-regenerating or something to that effect. For all we know Megatron could be healing right now

Originally posted by Scythe
Apparently an interview with Sam's parents and Starscream coming home to Cybertron or somethin', look at past posts.

Yes that's it, but all they show is Starscream leaving our planet and entering into space. The scene was 10 seconds at most.

The big EH
i think the allspark might turn him into Galvatron, it just looks like he's dead, but i would be mad if that's so

Scythe
Originally posted by The big EH
i think the allspark might turn him into Galvatron, it just looks like he's dead, but i would be mad if that's so

I always hated Galvatron, so I hope they don't bring his b*tch ass up.

The big EH
even galvatron was sad when megs died, he was a damned good friend

ragesRemorse
either way im sure megatron will be back if not the second the third

Mr. Sandman
I really don't want there to be a sequel.

Impediment
Why the **** not? Dont you want more of a good thing?

Mairuzu
Galvatron PREEZ! and more starscream, thats pretty much all i care about for the sequal

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by Impediment
Why the **** not? Dont you want more of a good thing?

Look what happened to the cartoon. The more it carried on, the shittier it got.

I'm afraid the story will start to suck balls. They should keep it as a one-shot deal.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Look what happened to the cartoon. The more it carried on, the shittier it got.

I'm afraid the story will start to suck balls. They should keep it as a one-shot deal.

spider-man one went it came out it was amazing (i dont really like the first one anymore) then the 2nd one came out and it was wayyy better, and the third although a lot of cheesy parts might have made it not as good as still action packed and made a ton of money.

did the transformers series get shittier? or did we all just started growing up? you be the judge

adding onto the sequel: i think there should be a traitorous autobot figure amongst them, line how dinobot switched sides n sht

Scythe
I'll bet the sequel will show the Matrix of Leadership will be passed down, to of all Autobots...Bumblebee...

Tattoo
I hope they bring in Hot Rod.

Menetnashté
At our theatre it was before the credits but it's sam's parents talking about the government, and then you see a jet blast of, starscream's part lasts two seconds tops.

Scythe

Mr. Sandman
spider-man one went it came out it was amazing (i dont really like the first one anymore) then the 2nd one came out and it was wayyy better, and the third although a lot of cheesy parts might have made it not as good as still action packed and made a ton of money.

did the transformers series get shittier? or did we all just started growing up? you be the judge

adding onto the sequel: i think there should be a traitorous autobot figure amongst them, line how dinobot switched sides n sht

The Spiderman franchise almost proves my point. 1 and 2 were great. #3 was pure shit.

Yes, Transformers got shittier. The stories got crappier and the characters got convoluted. Galvatron? THEY ****ING KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME. The characters turned into punk bitches.

Here is a brief and humurous summary of what happened to the Transformers:

bq1_6D9QS9Y

Newjak
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
The Spiderman franchise almost proves my point. 1 and 2 were great. #3 was pure shit.

Yes, Transformers got shittier. The stories got crappier and the characters got convoluted. Galvatron? THEY ****ING KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME. The characters turned into punk bitches.

Here is a brief and humurous summary of what happened to the Transformers:

bq1_6D9QS9Y I've seen that.

That is funny. laughing

xNIXSONx
lol now that i think about it, a lot of sequels are shittier. Pirates of the Carribean, Spider-Man, the Matrix...

R.Marrero
Originally posted by K3VIL
WARNING SPOILERS!!!

Autobots Survivors
Optimus Prime
Iron Hide
Bumblebee
Ratchet

Decepticon Survivors
Starscream
Barricade
Scorponok

Also, how can they destroy Megatron?I mean he's a key character, and he was buried into the dephts of the sea.

I don't think.... I know Megatron was not destroyed. But I am very excited to see what earth image he adopts when he is pulled from under the you know what.

=Tired Hiker=
I go see it for the aircraft carrier transformer alone.

Dreamt
lol now that i think about it, a lot of sequels are shittier. the Matrix... Take that back!

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Dreamt
Take that back!

lol sorry

Aizen
mah Dreamt let him, thats just some not important written text.

Matrix is a fantastic movie like a trilogy not as one movie, ppl don't understand!

Anyway, Transformers 2 will be much better if Spielberg stays, I have already watched transformers 4 times and am freakin hooked, always noticing something new, I mean the movie is surprising and good!

Fawne
I'll be honest. I don't want to see a sequel. this movie was so good that I have trouble seeing it be topped. I mean serously,this movie kicked ass! it was so wicked seet that it is hard to see a sequel equally or better

Scythe
They won't be able to recapture the level of nostalgia the first film gave everyone.

Zilverz
a sequel that is equally is good is fine by me ... i just want MORE!!!!

stickman618
MY VERSION

megatron manages to become galvatron because he still has a tiny piece of the allspark with him. He'll be very much like his g1 incarnation, he'll be a "one shot kill" cannon but with the exception that he'll also be able to become a jet, and while in this form and robot mode, he can't do "one shot kill".

meanwhile, the autobots find a way to make energon out of the things earth considers to be "garbage". and this machine transforms into Prime's back compartment thing.

the plot will revolve around the decepticons wanting to grab a hold of the energon machine to create weapons out of energon.

as usual i can't be bothered with detail so use your imaginationstick out tongue

i would also like ultra magnus to be in this movie as a flat nose truck

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by stickman618
MY VERSION

megatron manages to become galvatron because he still has a tiny piece of the allspark with him. He'll be very much like his g1 incarnation, he'll be a "one shot kill" cannon but with the exception that he'll also be able to become a jet, and while in this form and robot mode, he can't do "one shot kill".

meanwhile, the autobots find a way to make energon out of the things earth considers to be "garbage". and this machine transforms into Prime's back compartment thing.

the plot will revolve around the decepticons wanting to grab a hold of the energon machine to create weapons out of energon.

as usual i can't be bothered with detail so use your imaginationstick out tongue

i would also like ultra magnus to be in this movie as a flat nose truck

you cant have Ultra Magnus be a flat nose truck cuz then itll be fcked up that Prime isnt the flat nose but his pal is. I say just make him a big truck like prime but just a bit smaller. Just don't have Prime die and give the matrix to Hot Rod lol

Mairuzu
If they arn't idiots, and they realize what the viewers loved about the movie, they should be able to make a sequal to top the first, why cant anyone do that!

Scythe
fan fic?!

unknowable
How do you guys come across this information?

Mairuzu
What information? its all assumptions and wet dreams

Scythe
Fan fic!

Losty
bring ona sequal, there so much u can do with the story and as CGI getts better it will only make more happen

stickman618
Unicron should be in the third movie

and when they all journey into him, they find another allspark in his core, but it will lots of different symbols(or no symbols, whatever you like). it will be explained that it is an accumulation of all the life that Unicron destroyed. then it ends when they take it and finally go home.

did i mention that the constucticons might be in the second movie? it would be so cool to see the autobots fight something that's way bigger than them. Hotrod could be in the second movie too, just as long as he doesn't get Optimus killed

yungz22
maybe megatron will stay dead and starscream will assume leaadership of the decepticons

Newjak
Originally posted by yungz22
maybe megatron will stay dead and starscream will assume leaadership of the decepticons Doubtful Megatron is such a big villain in any of the series.

Scythe
Unicron would be too rushed if he makes an appearance in the second sequel already.

mitchum
With Transformers they can easily make a trilogy, but the first one was so perfect I'd hate to see it fail.

Scythe
Lack of nostalgia will murder any other sequels.

stickman618
Unicron would be too rushed if he makes an appearance in the second sequel already.

like i said,

they should save him for the third and final one, that way the franchise would go out with a bang!

just imagine what he'd look like
they're probably designing him right now in preparation for the third movie big grin

Newjak
Yeah the second one needs to be all about action. I'm talking car chases in which we see transformers change into robot shoot then go back.

See a bunch of new faces in the crowd just adding to it. Have it to where we see more than three Transformers fighting on screen.

Bigger is better. Aircraft carrier's transforming. Dinobots running around. City level destruction.

As for Unicron. I think he needs to be kept for the Third and Final one. Where the first one was about introduction, and the second one should be about action. This one needs to be all about impending Doom. What I would like to see happen is the Autobots traveling to the burnout world of Cyberton and using the last piece of the All spark to revive Primus

You can't get much bigger than Planet on Planet fighting eek!

stickman618
^ sounds cool
i said this somewhere else

it would be cool if inside Unicron is another allspark, explained as the accumulation of all the life energies that Unicron consumed.

then the Autobots take it, which weakens him, allowing Primus to finish him off
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/Primus_DKUG.jpg

xNIXSONx
some great ideas you all mentioned big grin

-yep TF2 gotta have more action, more intensity, more bots, more car chases, more explosions and bay blowing more SHT UP

Scythe
Having more characters would mean they'd all be rush though. Look at Spider-Man 3, all the villains were rushed.

xNIXSONx
Having more characters would mean they'd all be rush though. Look at Spider-Man 3, all the villains were rushed.

well take note this is a long film. Besides Spider-Man 3 had the chance to develop Eddie Brock as a character and shouldve developed his character since Spider-Man 1. Sandman had no place in the 3rd film and was awkward as hell lol, the misplaced dance sequences were also not helping...

near the beginning of TF 2, have like 2-3 Autobots descend to earth, Ultra Magnus, and Wheeljack, and/or ________. Obviously the Decepticons are coming back , he who shall not be named, Starscream, Scorponok, Barricade and like 2-3 more of them. for the good guys, Have a little reunion introduction in the alley way, something to show that these autobots have a pre-existing history from cybertron.

Scythe
near the beginning of TF 2, have like 2-3 Autobots descend to earth, Ultra Magnus, and Wheeljack, and/or ________. Obviously the Decepticons are coming back , he who shall not be named, Starscream, Scorponok, Barricade and like 2-3 more of them. for the good guys, Have a little reunion introduction in the alley way, something to show that these autobots have a pre-existing history from cybertron.

I'de be greatly disappointed if Ultra Magnus was rushed. The character is quite important.

xNIXSONx
I'de be greatly disappointed if Ultra Magnus was rushed. The character is quite important.

i dont think the writers are returning though, since they're working on a new Star Trek. But Tom DeSanto w/e his name is the other excecutive producer has envisioned DinoBots, Constructicons and Soundwave in the sequel so haha.

and Ultra Magnus is definately important, if only Hot Rod gave the Matrix to him like Prime intended...

Scythe
i dont think the writers are returning though, since they're working on a new Star Trek. But Tom DeSanto w/e his name is the other excecutive producer has envisioned DinoBots, Constructicons and Soundwave in the sequel so haha.

Man, that sounds okay and everything but like I've stated again and again, the level of nostalgia that came from watching the bots that so many of us grew up watching, captured our hearts and brought back so many memories of our childhood.

Something that the sequel will surely miss.

and Ultra Magnus is definately important, if only Hot Rod gave the Matrix to him like Prime intended...

Yeah, and how those motorcycle bots put Ultra Magnus back together after he was blown to bits, yet nothing was done to save Optimus made me so confused.

aadilsher
Guys, as much as i would love to see the constructicons in action, they allready covered that by naming the tank devestator. If they do bring in the constructicons, then the story might get flawed, which also means they could go in a completely different direction than the cartoon story line. Just a bit of thought. I have heard that cliff jumper will be introduced, using the new firebird as a platform to promote as well, and the possibility of soundwave. Luckily the transformers line has plenty of well known characters that can fill the void for good and bad.

stickman618
like i said(somewhere)

the thing they all merge into should just be named Gravedigger
and Bonecrusher's character should also just be renamed

Newjak
Originally posted by aadilsher
Guys, as much as i would love to see the constructicons in action, they allready covered that by naming the tank devestator. If they do bring in the constructicons, then the story might get flawed, which also means they could go in a completely different direction than the cartoon story line. Just a bit of thought. I have heard that cliff jumper will be introduced, using the new firebird as a platform to promote as well, and the possibility of soundwave. Luckily the transformers line has plenty of well known characters that can fill the void for good and bad. Meh I say who cares. The only people that are gonna notice the name change will be people like us chatting on forums. And if they corrected a mistake. I don't think many of us will be upset about them using Devastator twice.

stickman618
i was just thinking...

for transformers3(which should have Unicron)

they should have a human team of space explorers who land on Unicron thinking he's an uncharted planet, then fall inside him

that way, when the Autobots venture inside him they'll find them and rescue them

ya know... so there's human involvement, and not just Sam

and don't say "we don't need human involvement, we just want giant robots beating the crap out of each other", because, as much as i'd like that, you need humans in the movie

otherwise it's just a cgi animated film, not a live action film

Newjak
i was just thinking...

for transformers3(which should have Unicron)

they should have a human team of space explorers who land on Unicron thinking he's an uncharted planet, then fall inside him

that way, when the Autobots venture inside him they'll find them and rescue them

ya know... so there's human involvement, and not just Sam

and don't say "we don't need human involvement, we just want giant robots beating the crap out of each other", because, as much as i'd like that, you need humans in the movie

otherwise it's just a cgi animated film, not a live action film I was hoping for something a little different.

I was hoping maybe scientist were observing Pluto but then out of nowhere they see another large planetoid type body appear out of nowhere. Then we see Unicron devour Pluto.

We pan back to the people that were observing it and are in shock because Pluto just vanishes like it merges with the other.

The scientist gets even more stumped when all of sudden the planet appears to be getting bigger when in reality it is just moving closer.

Eventually Optimus learns about this and all he says is Unicron. I think the rest of the movie needs to be all the Transformers (Auobots and Decepticons) and Humans trying to delay Unicron while a select team tries to get the last piece of the all spark to Cybertron to awaken Primus.

Scythe
I really think part two will just revolve around the Matric of Leadership.

stickman618
Originally posted by Newjak
I was hoping for something a little different.

I was hoping maybe scientist were observing Pluto but then out of nowhere they see another large planetoid type body appear out of nowhere. Then we see Unicron devour Pluto.

We pan back to the people that were observing it and are in shock because Pluto just vanishes like it merges with the other.

The scientist gets even more stumped when all of sudden the planet appears to be getting bigger when in reality it is just moving closer.

Eventually Optimus learns about this and all he says is Unicron. I think the rest of the movie needs to be all the Transformers (Auobots and Decepticons) and Humans trying to delay Unicron while a select team tries to get the last piece of the all spark to Cybertron to awaken Primus.

no

they find a new allspark inside Unicron

which will be explained as the accumulation of life energies that Unicron consumed(i'm trying really hard to push this idea on everyone)

oh and by the way... Pluto is not a planet anymore... confused

Norge
I think they need to develop the transformers characters a lot more like in the comics. Each having distinct personalities (or even any personality) would be good. Did like the film, good introduction. Starscream especially was always a very interesting character IMO.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Norge
I think they need to develop the transformers characters a lot more like in the comics. Each having distinct personalities (or even any personality) would be good. Did like the film, good introduction. Starscream especially was always a very interesting character IMO.
Yeah, the autobots got a lot of attention and then the Decepticons just kind of showed up. I think Frenzy got more screen time than most of the others.
well take note this is a long film. Besides Spider-Man 3 had the chance to develop Eddie Brock as a character and shouldve developed his character since Spider-Man 1. Sandman had no place in the 3rd film and was awkward as hell lol, the misplaced dance sequences were also not helping...

I kinda want Kup to be another Autobot that comes to Earth, along with the dinobots of course. Though, I'm sure they won't have their humorous stupidity in the film.

Just a thought, maybe Soundwave will be the one to go looking for Megatron, seeing as he was always the most loyal to him, except for Shockwave maybe.

xNIXSONx

stickman618
Kup??

i think you mean Sh*tpiece lol

Scythe
Kup could easily be replaced by Rodimus in any sequels.

stickman618
as long as Rodimus doesn't get Optimus killed then ok

Scythe
That would suck.

stickman618
do you think the dad will have a bigger role in the sequel??

Scythe
Which dad? Sam's dad?

stickman618
yeah

he's very involved in the cartoon

you think they'll incorporate that into his character in the movie??

Kazenji
I was hoping for them to put the rest of the constructions in the next sequal for devestator but scavenger got killed off in the first film well someone that looked like him.

stickman618
that was Bonecrusher

like i said... just rename them

no one will really care about their names

as long as they are constructicons

NPC
For a sequel, then should talk about trying to revive Cybertron, see some flashbacks of Cybertron being built, ect. then flash forward abit to see decepticon treachery, then the result of that being Optimus being built to fight them. So then we see Optimus's creation. Then hint about another all spark that could revive Cyberton, that they need to find. Hint about Unicron as it resides in unicron. Maybe fight an kill unicron in the 2nd movie then follow the cartoon story line for the 3rd movie with unicron trying to be revive by using cyberton as his body, Unicron changing Megatron into Glavatron, StarScream getting killed by Galvatron, ect.

stickman618
yes the allspark should be inside Unicron

but he really should be left to the third movie

super pr*xy
i wouldn't like hotrod to get the matrix. he sucks. he's like a teenager and an undisciplined soldier. i especially like the part where he was trying to pry the matrix open. the matrix should've just blew lubrication in his face for trying that sh!t...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by super pr*xy
i wouldn't like hotrod to get the matrix. he sucks. he's like a teenager and an undisciplined soldier. i especially like the part where he was trying to pry the matrix open. the matrix should've just blew lubrication in his face for trying that sh!t...

yeah Hot Rod is like the rookie little bro of the Autobots, but in TFs the one that came out 07, it seems like Bumblebee is like the little guy, the least experienced of the gang that connects with the humans. anyone else get that vibe too?

Scythe
yeah Hot Rod is like the rookie little bro of the Autobots, but in TFs the one that came out 07, it seems like Bumblebee is like the little guy, the least experienced of the gang that connects with the humans. anyone else get that vibe too?

Yeah, I got that feeling.

xNIXSONx
Yeah, I got that feeling.

so yeah if they have Hot Rod come in itll like be weird lol, i wouldnt mind Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus though, ultra magnus is a good dude

Scythe
so yeah if they have Hot Rod come in itll like be weird lol, i wouldnt mind Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus though, ultra magnus is a good dude

Scourge would be a good badguy to introduce, but they'll probably go with Soundwave.

stickman618
Soundwave would be cool

but what would he turn into??

Scythe
Soundwave would be cool

but what would he turn into??

Hopefully a satelite.

stickman618
would be cool

except a space satellite on earth isn't exactly hiding

xNIXSONx
Scourge would be a good badguy to introduce, but they'll probably go with Soundwave.

i would think they would introduce more than a couple characters, afterall, sequel...means bigger, and better wink

im expecting, like a 2-3 autobots to join the gang (Ultra Magnus, and Wheeljack...or even Kup) and some amounts of decepticons since like you know(Bonecrusher, Blackout, Brawl, Megatron all had a similar fate)

Scythe
Well yeah, but I am curious as to how they'll bring back Megatron seeing how they can't have an honest TF movie without him.

stickman618
a small piece of the allspark, which is still embedded in his chest, will rebuild him into Galvatron

how else would they explain it??

CrazyEyes
No Galvatron until Transformers 3.

SPOILERS

We didn't see enough of Megatron overall, and I want to see him and Starscream banter against each other. My feelings are that the all-spark can prehaps keep him alive because it gives life.
Prehaps Unicron could come into the sequel, right after Autobot refuges from across the cosmos flee his power, after Starscream and his new Decepticon army join Megatron on earth.

For new Autobots; Acree, Dinobots and Hotrod.
For new Decepticons: Laserbeak, Shockwave, Thunderwing.

Also, how about a little more character backstory from the main human cast. No more military, simply Sam and co.

stickman618
when you say new transformers, is that announced or is that just who you want??

Scythe
The military played an important role in the film, they would have to be included in the sequel.

PurpleCheese
hold on Im confused I thought he was galvatron in the movie he can transform into a jet and changed into the gun at the start of the optimus fight can someone help clarify this?

Scythe
Originally posted by PurpleCheese
hold on Im confused I thought he was galvatron in the movie he can transform into a jet and changed into the gun at the start of the optimus fight can someone help clarify this?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but in the live-action movie recently released, Megatron is simply a Cybertronian jet. Never a 'gun'. He has some sort of needle phaser, but doesn't turn into a a gun.

In the 80's animated film, Megatron was a gun at first, but Unicron turned him into Galvatron. Galvatron then could turn into a cannon of some sort. Never a plane though, because he'd ride in his fellow Decepticon fighter jets.

stickman618
yeah, Bay thought it would be gay if Megatron, the ultimate bad guy, the harvester of death, the one they all fear...etc, was a magical shrinking robot that just turned into a gun that his subordinates could wield.

i'm glad that they diddn't make him a gun in the movie

Sadako of Girth

Sadako of Girth
The military played an important role in the film, they would have to be included in the sequel.

To a lesser precious-screentime-stealing/wasting extent though, hopefully.

Lets face it. Half the movie was like an E3 weapons trade exhibition... sad
A total thinly-veiled recruitment drive propaganda piece ("NO SACRIFICE...NO VICTORY!"wink that cost so much in terms of TF time. If I want a full on military drama, I'll watch Black Hawk Down or something, thank you very much, Mr.Bay. The forces of course would get involved in a situation involving giant alien robots suddenly turning up, but a whole backstory for half the movie nearly? C'mon......

And the second hand ID4 signal plotline, while admittedly neccessary to the plot, also spent too much time on 1 dimensional characters that themselves didn't really enrich the movie any. They could've halved the screen time right there.

Alpha Centauri
The military were allegedly involved because it cut the cost of the movie.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Yup.

A cynical methodology of theirs indeed.

stickman618
they'll definitely have a higher budget next time

Losty
Originally posted by aadilsher
Guys, as much as i would love to see the constructicons in action, they allready covered that by naming the tank devestator. If they do bring in the constructicons, then the story might get flawed, which also means they could go in a completely different direction than the cartoon story line. Just a bit of thought. I have heard that cliff jumper will be introduced, using the new firebird as a platform to promote as well, and the possibility of soundwave. Luckily the transformers line has plenty of well known characters that can fill the void for good and bad.

I think that was a mistake, on all the toys hes called "brawl" was he was called in gen 1 as a tank

stickman618
they'll just change the names

it doesn't really matter

constructicons are just "minor" characters. what matters is that the autobots, and a few key decepticons(megatron, starscream, sound/shockwave) have the right names and corresponding character

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Losty
I think that was a mistake, on all the toys hes called "brawl" was he was called in gen 1 as a tank

Yeah but when Starscream put out the call for the deceps to rally, he was officially referred too by name as Devastator in the bayfilm..... But hopefully they'll realize that it would be much smarter to change that subtitle on the DVDs.

But that'd take Bay admitting that he is capable to making mistakes....
And I cant see that happening... :P

Losty
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah but when Starscream put out the call for the deceps to rally, he was officially referred too by name as Devastator in the bayfilm..... But hopefully they'll realize that it would be much smarter to change that subtitle on the DVDs.

But that'd take Bay admitting that he is capable to making mistakes....
And I cant see that happening... :P

yeah what Im saying is
on all the mech from the movie, all the toys ect, hes called brawl

and in gen 1, the evil tank was named brawl, i think it was a mistake in the movie

Sadako of Girth
Yep.... I knew where you were coming from.
He was a combaticon.

And I agree.

Sadako of Girth
yeah, Bay thought it would be gay if Megatron, the ultimate bad guy, the harvester of death, the one they all fear...etc, was a magical shrinking robot that just turned into a gun that his subordinates could wield.

Well a lot of fans thought it would be gay if Michael Bay, the ultimate in shallow and soulessness were to be given creative control of the content and design of the characters to the extent that they turned Megatron into a metallic christmas tree looking thing that converts into a totally forgettable and generic sub-batman design department garbage...

And they were right.

Everyone remembers the mech leader who became gun after 20 years.

I, for one ain't gonna be able to recall the lines and shape of this new baycorp thing unaided in five years.

Besides:

Megatron as a Walther P-38= Totally tough bastard who it took at least 2 series and 70 odd comics to beat up bad enough for him to be turned into the even harder and more psychotic Galvatron. (And even then it was in a story set 20 yrs in the then future and megs was kicking ass for a couple of hundred more issues!!!!)

"Megatron"/"Jet"= Totally a pussy who it took 5 mins of screentime, some humans with a few fancy bullets and a small boy with a f***in rubik's cube to kill.

Need I say more?

Vote G1. stick out tongue

stickman618
maybe this will make you happy...

or more miserable
http://www.benprocter.com/SITEv2/Graphics_Content/ZOOMPIC_Trans_DeadEnds_StarscreamSketch.jpg

Sadako of Girth
*Sees what could have been compared to that Bugheaded silverback with chicken legs and increases bay hate by 23%*

Thanks mate, hadn't seen that....! Got anymore...?

stickman618
i personally don't like the Power Rangers feel that comes with that pic

darktim1
I hope sequal is exciting as first movie.

Scythe
I don't know. What made the first TF live action film great, was the level of nostalgia that the bots brought to everyone's hearts. Putting them out again would be old news to most. Now the film would have to be "good".

stickman618
what are you talking about???

they'll definitely have a higher budget next time,which means more, and better, everything

Sadako of Girth
Not neccessarily, sadly. sad

I can see Scythe's point of concern.

Look up the grimly remembered case of "Waterworld" (among many other big expensive flops) and see what a high budget is and isn't guaranteed to bring.
Batmans 3 and 4 probably had a big budget each too..... And look at those little numbers.

And Phantom Menace........ how much was spent on Jar Jar Binks...?

Shit script/concept + big budget= Big expensive shit movie.

Lets just hope that the writers pull their fingers out and write a decent core to the whole thing...

Scythe
Well, what I meant was some of us, including myself, have developed this special bond to childhood favorites such as Spider-Man and Optimus Prime. Seeing them on the big screen is intoxicating on nostalgic levels. It's the fact that your childhood hero is on the big screen that made alot of fans cheer and clap. TF 2 will not be able to recapture that feeling of nostalgia.

Sadako of Girth
I personally wasnt hugely getting nostalgia from Prime's new form.
Merely the voice of Cullen.

I was too busy going.... "Prime never had lips back in my day", "Hmmmmmm..... Those flames dont realllllllllly say 'Robot in disguise trying to be inconspicuous'...The old Prime'd never have gone with it" and "Hmmmm... Prime didn't seem very bothered about Jazz's death..... He seemed more gutted for Megatron!" and "I dont remember Bumblebee being a torturer who pisses on victims to extract information form humans back in '84" to be truly nostalgic..

That last one hit me when watching it today.
The Autobots are standing around giving it 'The humans are such evil twats- why should we help them" while we are meant to feel sorry at that time for Bumblebee as he is tortured, yet he opened that can of worms by earlier having been the droid equivalent of R Kelly when it comes to piss torture!!!! Un-Autobot like behavior shattering the nostalgic feel, for me....
and "Hmmmmmmmm.... Prime never used to be a clumsy slapstick comedian crushing fountains that he has only just carefully stepped round".....

Y'know?

Scythe
Well yeah, but dare I say it? Alot of today's comedy bits in movies are geared to a more simple living American audience that would frankly laugh at anything. It's a shame really.

Alpha Centauri
I'm actually glad Bumblebee was as he is, if he'd been a teenbot I'd not have liked it.

Prime having flames means nothing at all to me. If you're going to complain about changing Prime's appearance, at least have a go at Beast Wars where they made him a gorilla. Not the movie where they made him a reasonable accurate truck. It wasn't MEANT to be G1, just G1 inspired.

Also, if you do really want to get into "Robots in Disguise.", then pick on Ratchet, the lime green hummer. Although, they're not necessarily meant to be in disguise are they? In ANY continuity the humans are well aware of their existence.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm actually glad Bumblebee was as he is, if he'd been a teenbot I'd not have liked it.

Prime having flames means nothing at all to me. If you're going to complain about changing Prime's appearance, at least have a go at Beast Wars where they made him a gorilla. Not the movie where they made him a reasonable accurate truck. It wasn't MEANT to be G1, just G1 inspired.

Also, if you do really want to get into "Robots in Disguise.", then pick on Ratchet, the lime green hummer. Although, they're not necessarily meant to be in disguise are they? In ANY continuity the humans are well aware of their existence.

-AC

Bumblebee teenbot...?

I refuse to recognise Beast Wars. But since you mention it, yes hated gorilla Prime. stick out tongue

Its not the peterbuilt design that pisses me off. Just the paintjob.
Its just too extravagant for Prime for my tastes.
Well, yes they ARE meant to be in disguise.
The deceps are traditonally less shy about breaking cover.
Humans being aware of existance or not has no bearing on their constant use of disguise to travel around uninhibited by human attention. In the comics, they had Circuit breaker and the other humans who would attack TFs autobot and decepticon alike not knowing the difference. The had reason to be in disguise.

The dropping of that in post G1 versions had put me off a little.

Just wondering that if the 'Prime is a truck, so that'll do' thing works for you, then why be pissed at Ratchet being an ambulance of a non-Cherry van type.? I hate that piss-green though.
Apparently it is the colour scheme for existing models.
Not taking the piss, Im just curious as to how you see it...

I'd be very surprised if the truck Prime is based on was mass produced in that paintjob. They have always looked more plain whenever I've seen em. Bay also admits that it was for no other reason other than that he wanted the flames on Prime.
We are free to disagree with his choice. smokin'

Sadako of Girth
Well yeah, but dare I say it? Alot of today's comedy bits in movies are geared to a more simple living American audience that would frankly laugh at anything. It's a shame really.

QFT sad

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
QFT sad

I'm not sure what that stands for. I'm not interweb schooled.

Rufus T Firefly
I Think it means, Quoted For Truth.. not sure

Scythe
Ah. Thanks.

Rufus T Firefly
just wait til they have Beast War characters. When they transform, they litterly show the flesh being ripped apart sick

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
I Think it means, Quoted For Truth

QTF

stick out tongue

captom
Hey everyone,

this is my first post on this website and I hope I don't sound like too much of a fool...

...I love the transformer and the new movie...I will admit it must be mostly nostalgia as I'm now 27... and I'm not exactly what you would call a diehard type of fan, but I know abit about them...

...as far as a sequel goes...its gonna happen even if its rubbish people are gonna want to see it.
I just hope they raise the bar a little as far as the choice of characters...I mean what was that guy from S7 about...why make him so much of a dic*!?! I didn't really think he was that much of a comic character. I thought he was just annoying...and for that matter why didn't they just get Al Pachino to play the part? Do you think M. Bays direction (if you can call it that) was for him to just act like Al Pachino, either shouting or whispering. lol.

I would like to see someone like that, but someone who is a bit more 3 dimensional.

I thought the parents were played perfectly, those were some of the funniest moments for me.

...back to sequel talk...

I imagine there could be a plot along the lines of some humans hate the robots and some rogue S7 agents start a 'we don't want your war on our planet' sort of thing, although I doubt that would really play into the current political climate, and would only work after the decepticons are back.

As far as the constructicons goes...I really hope they bring them into it! That would be sooo sweet!!!

Didn't the decepticons have a deepsea base in the cartoons?...so couldn't megatron start building one when he is magically switched back on by the little bit of spark in his chest....even better he could come back and use the same spark to bring back Devistator...although because it isn't a proper spark and he used most of the power to rebuild himself it could split dev's personality into 5 seperate (slightly smaller)robots...(see where I'm going with this?)...that way you can explain the name and why the 5 constituant parts are so mental!

Not sure how you would get around the dinobots... they could have just turned up on jurassic park and thought dinos where the order of the day (especially if they are a bit dumb, angry, but well meaning)...

Well thats just a few of my ideas and thoughts on an amazing film...looks like M. Bay has saved his career. Other than a few annoying characters I must say I was well impressed with the film. I have been to see it a few times. I think they did a great job and there is still room to make an even better movie...although as others have pointed out the nostalgia won't be so strong, maybe an even better storyline and the introduction of some old favourites will help re-capture it.

Hope I don't get too badly flamed for this...I just read what everyone else has said and thought I might put in my 2cents/pence/other low denomination currancy

PS I think I love megan fox! How amazing is she?!

captom
one more thing...I really hoped thatthis first film would have a truely epic and amazing car chase scene it...think the tunnel scene in Ronin...so if they have an autobot that can fly in the sequel think how cool the areial combat scenes could be with starscream!!! Especially if they remaster it to work on the imax!!! I went to see harry potter at the Imax and the last 20 minutes where in 3d, it was awesome!!!

sorr y to go on and on...I just keep thinking of other ideas for the sequel.

Scythe
Nothing wrong with going on and on Captom, glad you voiced your thoughts man.

Union16
There NEEDS to be a sequel.

super pr*xy
it'll be cool to see ultra magnus and soundwave.

stickman618
Originally posted by captom
Hey everyone,

this is my first post on this website and I hope I don't sound like too much of a fool...

...I love the transformer and the new movie...I will admit it must be mostly nostalgia as I'm now 27... and I'm not exactly what you would call a diehard type of fan, but I know abit about them...

...as far as a sequel goes...its gonna happen even if its rubbish people are gonna want to see it.
I just hope they raise the bar a little as far as the choice of characters...I mean what was that guy from S7 about...why make him so much of a dic*!?! I didn't really think he was that much of a comic character. I thought he was just annoying...and for that matter why didn't they just get Al Pachino to play the part? Do you think M. Bays direction (if you can call it that) was for him to just act like Al Pachino, either shouting or whispering. lol.

I would like to see someone like that, but someone who is a bit more 3 dimensional.

I thought the parents were played perfectly, those were some of the funniest moments for me.

...back to sequel talk...

I imagine there could be a plot along the lines of some humans hate the robots and some rogue S7 agents start a 'we don't want your war on our planet' sort of thing, although I doubt that would really play into the current political climate, and would only work after the decepticons are back.

As far as the constructicons goes...I really hope they bring them into it! That would be sooo sweet!!!

Didn't the decepticons have a deepsea base in the cartoons?...so couldn't megatron start building one when he is magically switched back on by the little bit of spark in his chest....even better he could come back and use the same spark to bring back Devistator...although because it isn't a proper spark and he used most of the power to rebuild himself it could split dev's personality into 5 seperate (slightly smaller)robots...(see where I'm going with this?)...that way you can explain the name and why the 5 constituant parts are so mental!

Not sure how you would get around the dinobots... they could have just turned up on jurassic park and thought dinos where the order of the day (especially if they are a bit dumb, angry, but well meaning)...

Well thats just a few of my ideas and thoughts on an amazing film...looks like M. Bay has saved his career. Other than a few annoying characters I must say I was well impressed with the film. I have been to see it a few times. I think they did a great job and there is still room to make an even better movie...although as others have pointed out the nostalgia won't be so strong, maybe an even better storyline and the introduction of some old favourites will help re-capture it.

Hope I don't get too badly flamed for this...I just read what everyone else has said and thought I might put in my 2cents/pence/other low denomination currancy

PS I think I love megan fox! How amazing is she?!

i like your ideas

especially the one about the Constructicons, it's a good way to clean up Bay's mistake

and yeah, Megan Fox is hott!!!

stickman618
Originally posted by super pr*xy
it'll be cool to see ultra magnus and soundwave.

it'll be even cooler if Soundwave kills Barricade for letting Frenzy die

and then the Autobots recover his body and put Prowl's spark in it big grin

Scythe
I really do think the sequel will give host to a double agent of some sort.

stickman618
like who??

and what do you think the importance of this double agent will be?

Scythe
like who??

and what do you think the importance of this double agent will be?

Oh I don't know, someone stealthy and completely clueless. Movie version Starscream seems like a good shoe in for the maurading double agent that plays both factions like pipes.

The double agent crap made crap characters like the stealth plane in TF Cybertron seem cool. In Armada, Starscream brandished the Autobot symbol for a few episodes, he changed his ways. In fact, can anyone tell me what current comic Starscream's faction is? I think he's an Autobot currently. Although I might be mistaken.

However, that would make the sequel quite entertaining if indeed they can't come up with anything orginal.

stickman618
sounds good

after Megatron returns, he treats Starscream like sh*t, who ends up working for the Autobots

but what will the G1 fans say???

Scythe
sounds good

after Megatron returns, he treats Starscream like sh*t, who ends up working for the Autobots

but what will the G1 fans say???

Nothing they wouldn't already say.

super pr*xy

i felt a little different. he was definitely more prominent in the movie than in the 80s series. even though he turned ambassador for the autobots to the humans in the movie, it was really and accident. he just wanted the glasses. he was infinitely more kick ass than the G1 bumblebee, which was like the inexperienced new recruit.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>