Why doesn't Sam lose some weight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

ESB -1138
Because most Hobbits are fat because all they do is eat and smoke and drink.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Because most Hobbits are fat because all they do is eat and smoke and drink. Goddamn hippies.

exanda kane
Nothing liberal about them

Flying High
because all of his friends accepting him the way he was....i duno...

exanda kane
Because he is american? smile

BlaxicanHydra
I lol'd at that.

Seriously though.. your a bastard... laughing out loud

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by exanda kane
Because he is american? smile Haha aren't you a comedian? Orcs have bad teeth because they're from London.big grin

ESB -1138
And elves are little tree hugging hippies because they French

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah but Elves are suppsoed to be good fighters. I think the Hobbits should be French, with the Orcs being British I guess and the US being Men, easily swayed, lusting for power, sometimes stupid, but still kickass smile

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Yeah but Elves are suppsoed to be good fighters. I think the Hobbits should be French, with the Orcs being British I guess and the US being Men, easily swayed, lusting for power, sometimes stupid, but still kickass smile Agreed.

chillmeistergen
Nah.

Melcórë
Sam didn't lose any (or at least much) weight because he was extremely malnourished and his body was storing as much fat as possible to remain alive. stick out tongue

exanda kane
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Haha aren't you a comedian? Orcs have bad teeth because they're from London.big grin

Ohh feisty! Not true, in every respect though, whereas it's a commonly regarded fact that obesity is quite widespread in yankeeland.

As Tolkien said though, it's not allegorical.

BlaxicanHydra
Actually, I think it's been proven now that China has more obese people in general. We just have more obese children.

exanda kane
That's not really an actually is it? It does not challenge what I said; obesity is quite widespread in the US, end of. Not that it has anything to do with Tolkien *cough*.

Sam is pretty much the archetypal Hobbit, in many respects.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, apart from his ever developing philosophical outlook, he's pretty much the average joe among Hobbits. Though the Gaffer is probably the most archetypal Hobbit, who's frequently mentioned.

BlaxicanHydra
Obesity is also widespread every ware else in the world. It just originated in the US.

chillmeistergen
I think you need to wake up mate, America is in a desperate struggle against obesity. Everywhere else in the world? Nah.

exanda kane
Whoops, forgot about the Old gaffer there. Damn on me old soul. Frodo, Merry and Pippin all have some "queer" blood in them compared to Sam, as the Gaffer would say. Some strange characteristic which is typically "un-hobbitlike".

Violent2Dope
British people sip tea and have bad teeth.big grin

exanda kane
British people sip tea and have bad teeth.big grin

Pwah. Floundered accusations. Nice presidents eh?

http://www.doctorzebra.com/imprez/28teeth.jpg

Violent2Dope
Pwah. Floundered accusations. Nice presidents eh?

http://www.doctorzebra.com/imprez/28teeth.jpg Your queen is a figurehead.

exanda kane
And it's a shame she is even that. You lot love the monarchy more than us. British Hobbit's ya see (Merry and Pippin) like to keep trim and proper, not big and fat.

Violent2Dope
You know what, let's drop this conversation.

chillmeistergen
Oooo, feeling beaten?

exanda kane
Isn't it remarkable how Britain has produced Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Gormenghast, James Bond, Alice and Pooh, and what has American produced in return?

I would going to say "the cuckoo clock," but for that you would require a three-way Google of Italy, Switzerland and Harry Lime.

Violent2Dope
We still kicked you asses in a war, and we could do it again.stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
I've always thought that was probably the worst line of debate. ''We killed more people, so we have a better country'' it really is pathetic.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I've always thought that was probably the worst line of debate. ''We killed more people, so we have a better country'' it really is pathetic. It was a joke. I really think this online debate on "which country is better, Britain or US" is stupid.

chillmeistergen
Yes it is, but it's a debate all the same. And Britain wins.

Violent2Dope
Then why are we the worlds only superpower? Why does your Prime Minister kiss our President's ass?

chillmeistergen
Because you have a lot more guns, and a lot more people willing to use them.
We have a new prime minister now, hopefully he won't be so quick to kiss your disgusting president's arse.

Violent2Dope
Because you have a lot more guns, and a lot more people willing to use them.
We have a new prime minister now, hopefully he won't be so quick to kiss your disgusting president's arse. Yes Bush is disgusting. Something we agree on.big grin

BlaxicanHydra
Britain is becoming as much of a sh*t country as ours. So let them laugh it up while they can.

chillmeistergen
Not quite there yet, hopefully it'll never get that bad.

BlaxicanHydra
Your getting there, and no, it will be worse, as we get worse, so will you, and all the rest of the world.

chillmeistergen
Nah, not the whole rest of the world. My current personal utopia is Indonesia, and I can never see it going downhill.

Violent2Dope
Tsunami anyone?

chillmeistergen
Yeah, that'd ruin it. Luckily Bali hasn't been hit yet, and is unlikely to be.

BlaxicanHydra
My current personal utopia is Indonesia, and I can never see it going downhill.

Make it a world power. QED for that country. Goes for pretty much any country.

BlaxicanHydra
EDIT.

Never mind, I feel that this thread need not be derailed anymore then it already has.

exanda kane
Long live Albion.

Violent2Dope
Isn't Albion another name for Britain?

chillmeistergen
For England, yes.

exanda kane
The "principalities" don't matter wink

Violent2Dope
For England, yes. Aren't they the same place?

exanda kane
Whether you were trying to be funny or not...I'll just go ahead and answer. No.

Violent2Dope
Whether you were trying to be funny or not...I'll just go ahead and answer. No. I wasn't trying to be funny, but Britain and England are the same place last I checked.

exanda kane
Check again.

Violent2Dope
No.smile

exanda kane
Okay then, reaffirm our suspicions of the american people then smile

Violent2Dope
I will not look up something I don't want to and I know you're f*cking with me Britain and England are the same place.

exanda kane
Ok, I'll clarify for the ignorant soul; England is part of Great Britain. yes, that's Great Britain to you. England is not Britain. They are not different terms for the same thing.

Violent2Dope
Ok, I'll clarify for the ignorant soul; England is part of Great Britain. yes, that's Great Britain to you. England is not Britain. They are not different terms for the same thing. Oh so it's only part of it. Oh, and just because I didn't know that does not make me ignorant, let me ask you, when will that information be useful to me?

chillmeistergen
In quite a lot historical information.

Violent2Dope
Knowing England is only part of Great Britain will never aid me in my life.

chillmeistergen
Pub quiz? Do you have them over there? Or is it only Hoedowns?

Violent2Dope
Pub quiz? Do you have them over there? Or is it only Hoedowns? Well no we do not have Pub Quizs that I am aware of and only rednecks like Bush go to Hoedowns.

Locard
emm.

because Sam is a lazy bum just like many of us

exanda kane
Oh so it's only part of it. Oh, and just because I didn't know that does not make me ignorant, let me ask you, when will that information be useful to me?

Well, on a serious level, your credibility dropped appallingly low. How can you not know that? What do they teach in the US education system? Is America in the center of the world map too? Even me, a Brit, could list the majority of the states of the US.

But on a friendlier level, it would kinda be useful in this conversation smile

chillmeistergen
I think everyone in the world knows about the dangers of US education. Their taught what their parents want them to be taught, a lot of the time.

Violent2Dope
I know that our education system has some big problems, but exanda being an arrogant snob really isn't a good trait to have you know. big grin

2D_MASTER
I know that our education system has some big problems, but exanda being an arrogant snob really isn't a good trait to have you know. big grin

He's an arrogant idiot, meh ; they are a dime a dozen at KMC.

exanda kane
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
He's an arrogant idiot, meh ; they are a dime a dozen at KMC.

Go outside kiddo.

And yes, I'm an arrogant snob Violent. But at least I know it.

Violent2Dope
Go outside kiddo.

And yes, I'm an arrogant snob Violent. But at least I know it. You should really work on that.

exanda kane
Why?

Violent2Dope
No one likes a guy with a "I know more than you so I'm better attitude."

BlaxicanHydra
True. And as for what has America ever created question , well, we created the Die Hard series. So HA! So take that, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Violent2Dope
True. And as for what has America ever created question , well, we created the Die Hard series. So HA! Oh snap son! Seriously tho, didn't Star Wars and Indiana Jones come out of America?

BlaxicanHydra
As well as Transformers. Britain just... can't compare.

chillmeistergen
Michael Bay, is all I really need to say.

exanda kane
Don't even brag about Transformers when you have Michael Bay directing. Sorry, as fun as Indie and Star Wars et cetera are, comparing them to some of the best western literature is a fools errand, without even considering the better part of the production side of both franchises were British. That's not me being snobbish, its just a fact.

Violent2Dope
Let me ask you this, why care?

BlaxicanHydra
Don't even brag about Transformers when you have Michael Bay directing. Sorry, as fun as Indie and Star Wars et cetera are, comparing them to some of the best western literature is a fools errand, without even considering the better part of the production side of both franchises were British. That's not me being snobbish, its just a fact.

No it's not. It's you being snobbish.

exanda kane
Tell me, in the detail it requires, how Indiana Jones can even be compared to Tolkien or Lewis on a thematic level.

BlaxicanHydra
Why put in detail when I can simply explain it in four words?

Indiana Jones kicks ass.

And wither or not the subject is well written or not is all a matter of opinion.

WO Polaski
EDIT

exanda kane

Indiana Jones kicks ass.

And wither or not the subject is well written or not is all a matter of opinion.

As expected, no satisfactory answer. Indiana Jones is great, no doubt about that, but I at least hoped you would attempt to deny the obvious in ways humurous and illustrative.

chillmeistergen

Indiana Jones kicks ass.

Idiot, take an English literature course.

BlaxicanHydra
Please, don't call people names when you don't even know them.

Childish.

Violent2Dope
You live up to the arrogant snob British stereotype, you know that right?

chillmeistergen
This is the Internet, you know that right?

Oh, by the way, you live up to the dim witted American stereotype.

Melcórë
....See, this is why we need a mod. - or better moderating-system - here: To clean up the useless threads and break up the inane bickering that goes on....

Violent2Dope
This is the Internet, you know that right?

Oh, by the way, you live up to the dim witted American stereotype. Dim witted American huh? What do I say that makes me seem ignorant? And I wasn't talking to you.

chillmeistergen
I will not look up something I don't want to and I know you're f*cking with me Britain and England are the same place.

exanda kane
I didn't think we needed a moderator.

Was hoping the "Americans", yes they have become "the other", would at least have some kind of understanding in the concept of blatant truth. It appears I am mistaken. They seem to have the "talk", but don't seem to have any kind of logic or facts to support it.

Melcórë

"Britain" encompasses the whole of the United Kingdom, not just England.

I didn't think we needed a moderator.

Was hoping the "Americans", yes they have become "the other", would at least have some kind of understanding in the concept of blatant truth. It appears I am mistaken. They seem to have the "talk", but don't seem to have any kind of logic or facts to support it.

No, we need one in here, to clean up the useless threads and stop the bickering.

Violent2Dope
You know what, I'm done with this ridiculous debate. This thread has been derailed for too long. I'm not gonna argue on which is better Britain or US, because Canada beats the crap out of both.

Melcórë
You know what, I'm done with this ridiculous debate. This thread has been derailed for too long. I'm not gonna argue on which is better Britain or US, because Canada beats the crap out of both.

Finally! Some recognition for the ol' Red 'N' White North! stick out tongue
Seriously, though, this thread needs to be closed....

exanda kane

BlaxicanHydra
Or just doesn't care.

chillmeistergen

WO Polaski
I don't understand why it matters so much. chillmeistergen why do you care so much about being right to two Amercan people online? Why does it matter? Does it have something to do with personal pride?

exanda kane
Originally posted by WO Polaski
I don't understand why it matters so much. chillmeistergen why do you care so much about being right to two Amercan people online? Why does it matter? Does it have something to do with personal pride?

No, but it's fun playing with people. It's much more enjoyable than personal attacks like your post.

Melcórë
That wasn't the argument. The lad said that Britain and England were the same; i.e there's no difference. That isn't the case. As you've so thoughtfully explained, to me who was arguing that very thing.

I know. I was just being a pr!ck. stick out tongue

BlaxicanHydra
No, but it's fun playing with people. It's much more enjoyable than personal attacks like your post.

How was that a personal attack? She was just asking a queston. And frankly I agree with her.

exanda kane
Because she is completely neglecting the other side of the argument perhaps? Asking questions irrelevant to the topic we have arrived at and subsequently there is not going to be any satisfactory answer to her question.

The fact that her signature is credited to you suggests to me that you simply called her in herefor some moral support, apoligise if that's the wrong assumption, but she has simply jumped into the topic with a derivitive attack, no point given. My assumption is completely understandable.

So I ask you Blaxican. I don't understand why it matters so much to your dear heart; why do you care so much about continuing a loosing battle against 2 informed (coincidentally) British males? Why do you make ill advised points, attempting to compare Indiana Jones to a great work of literature thematically? it it some kind of nationalistic pride stirring within your veins? Or is it personal?

I ask you now WO Polaski, what does it matter to you if three or four peoples are having a civilised debate about a topic you have not contributed to? Why must you attempt to intervene, attack one of the members half heartedly? Why not just stay away?

Now, answer me this question. Why do you have to reply to these questions? No, you're not suppose to. It's a direct interrogative to an individual, much more appropritate for a PM. A personal attack.

Ridiculous children.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by WO Polaski

My friend, it matters to you enough to enter a debate you have not been at all involved in. Yet somehow, I am the one who cares too much? Perhaps you should reassess the situation.

^^^^ Nicely done exanda.

BlaxicanHydra

The fact that her signature is credited to you suggests to me that you simply called her in herefor some moral support, apoligise if that's the wrong assumption, but she has simply jumped into the topic with a derivitive attack, no point given. My assumption is completely understandable.

So I ask you Blaxican. I don't understand why it matters so much to your dear heart; why do you care so much about continuing a loosing battle against 2 informed (coincidentally) British males? Why do you make ill advised points, attempting to compare Indiana Jones to a great work of literature thematically? it it some kind of nationalistic pride stirring within your veins? Or is it personal?

Ridiculous indeed. To even think that I would call in someone I don't even know for.. what reason again? Feel free why I would need "help" of any sort in a fake online debate. Please. You insult my intelligence.

And feel free to also prove that it matters to me at all. It obviously matters to you, as you refer to it as a "battle". Do you honestly think I care, or that we're even "debating"? We're not debating, this is a who has the bigger dick contest. Why? Because I believe that there is no such thing as a country being superior to another. You and your friend, however, seem to think so. And trust me don't make the assumption that I'm fighting a losing battle, because if I were actually fighting back and took this down to more personal level this little discussion would be over by now.

And any person with an IQ over 20 would realize that my comparing Indiana Jones to Tolkeins work was me being sarcastic, or is sarcasm and humor lost on the British? Or, more believable, is humor only funny if it's several paragraphs long, well written and descriptive so that there is no guess work or thinking involved?

Honestly, quit the "Holier then thou" attitude, it gets you no where. "

chillmeistergen
Ridiculous indeed. To even think that I would call in someone I don't even know for.. what reason again? Feel free why I would need "help" of any sort in a fake online debate. Please. You insult my intelligence.

And feel free to also prove that it matters to me at all. It obviously matters to you, as you refer to it as a "battle". Do you honestly think I care, or that we're even "debating"? We're not debating, this is a who has the bigger dick contest. Why? Because I believe that there is no such thing as a country being superior to another. You and your friend, however, seem to think so. And trust me don't make the assumption that I'm fighting a losing battle, because if I were actually fighting back and took this down to more personal level this little discussion would be over by now.

And any person with an IQ over 20 would realize that my comparing Indiana Jones to Tolkeins work was me being sarcastic, or is sarcasm and humor lost on the British? Or, more believable, is humor only funny if it's several paragraphs long, well written and descriptive so that there is no guess work or thinking involved?

Honestly, quit the "Holier then thou" attitude, it gets you no where. "

Obviously, you also need to learn a bit about British humour as well.

We're not arguing that one country is superior to the other, however, I myself, believe that you and your counter part have proved yourselves deeply ignorant. The only facts that have been given in this debate, that's right it is a debate, have been given by Exanda and, myself.

Please don't say humour's lost in the British, it's quite frankly; idiotic.

exanda kane

I assumed it, and rightly so. However, if that is not the case, I do apoligise for thinking that WO Polaski is your friend. With a signature credited to you. Jumping in on your side of the boat. With posts about as relevant as your own.

Why would I want to prove it. My dear little friend, this is a small discussion, turned into a little word fight simply because you and your yankee brethen could not take a joke, not even counting America's obesity problem.

Quite obviously a figure of speech. One must doubt your reading comprehension skills if one has nothing better to do. But then again, I do have better things to be doing.

Quite true, quite true. As chillmeistergen quite intuitively said though, you and your counterpart have proven yourselves deeply ignorant.

I'd press the advantage and say you have already lost, if I may be so bold, which I will be. Of course, you could obviously lower the tone, forget the facts and throw a few insults around, but to be so would be detrimental to adding inches onto your countries phallus. We can't be having that, can we?

Actually, as our superior comedy talent shows, we are very much in tune with humour. This...

...Is not funny, clever nor in any way. If you were trying to write with soem kind of wry wit or a sarcastic vibe, you failed dearly. I'd also question whether you understood the concept.

Well. If "Indiana Jones kicks ass" is your idea of an intriguing riddle requiring guess work, I guess we should just put up our white flag now, eh?

Violent2Dope
I can't believe you're all still debating this. On a few side notes, Blaxican Exanda said that Indiana Jones can't compare to Tolkien's work in the literature department, which is very true, and also, if Britain has superior comic talent, why is it that our country produced Richard Pryor, Jeff Foxworthy, and Rodney Dangerfield, all comic legends?

exanda kane
Richard Pryor, Jeff Foxworthy, and Rodney Dangerfield, all comic legends?

Who? Never heard of them.

Violent2Dope
Who? Never heard of them. Wow, just wow.

exanda kane
Richard Pryor, yes, others, no. But compared to Billy Connoly, John Cleese and Spike Milligan. Nothing.

Violent2Dope
Richard Pryor, yes, others, no. But compared to Billy Connoly, John Cleese and Spike Milligan. Nothing. I can't believe you have never heard of Rodney Dangerfield. He's a legend! Foxworthy I can understand, but you can't be a comedy fan and not know Dangerfield.

exanda kane
Considering the size of the USA, I'm not going to know half the comedians you do. Considering how insular the USA is, you aren't going to know the ones I do.

Comedy "shows" however, we have that firmly in the bag.

Violent2Dope
Considering the size of the USA, I'm not going to know half the comedians you do. Considering how insular the USA is, you aren't going to know the ones I do.

Comedy "shows" however, we have that firmly in the bag. We have many different comedy shows, as for me I prefer old fashioned stand up. How could you know Richard Pryor and not Rodney Dangerfield?

exanda kane
Because Richard Pryor made it in the UK, whereas the other guy didn't.

That's like me saying how could you know Billy Connoly, but not Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Alexi Sale and probably my favourite of them all, Mark Steel.

Quinlan-Vos

Leggy_n_Merry
I know it doesn't even matter, but I was reading your debate and it was making me laugh and someone said Britain emcompasses the whole of the United Kingdom.. well I just had to say that it doesn't because the United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales and Great Britain only includes England, Scotland and Wales. I know some people may have a go at me saying it was pointless for me to say it but I thought you should know.

Anyway.. Sam isn't really that fat. It's not like he's obese. He looks fatter in some scenes than in others. Does he actually look like he loses weight when they're running out of food? 'Cause you think he would. I've never really noticed. Even if he did it might not have been intentional as obviously they were shooting for months and the scenes weren't filmed in the correct order.

Edit: Hahaha I didn't realise the person before me already wrote what I said. Sorry, I didn't get to the end of the thread 'cause I couldn't be bothered to read it all.

Cap'n Happy
Isn't it remarkable how Britain has produced Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Gormenghast, James Bond, Alice and Pooh, and what has American produced in return?

I would going to say "the cuckoo clock," but for that you would require a three-way Google of Italy, Switzerland and Harry Lime.

I'm half British (my Mom's from Warington), and I lived there for three years. I love Britain. But you are showing your ass, mate. You are communicating with us via a contrivance of US invention- the Internet, using a computer that likely could have come from the US, employing software almost certainly of US design.

As for British fantasy literature? Impressive. As for America:
Superman, The Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Huckleberry Finn, Star Wars and Bugs Bunny. We got game too.

Cap'n Happy
Oh, I almost forgot... why doesn't Sam lose some weight? He DID... in the movies. In the books, ALL the hobbits are fairly chubby- it's just who and how they are... and Sam is never said to be HUGE... just a little rolly poly. It makes him more of a regular guy, which make his eventually heroism all the more heroic.
And Britain was once the worlds greatest empire, and is STILL a great and important country.
But America IS currently (and for at least a few decades to come) the worlds most powerful nation... militarily, economically, culturally.

megaroguefan
laughing i dont want sam to lose some weight he looks ok

Bardock42
That's quite unfair, there is lots of valuable fiction that was produced in the US. And when we don't talk about fiction, but inventions in general, one might say the US owned the 20th century big time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.