Bastila Shan vs. Nomi Sunrider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Both in their primes,who wins?

MasterAshenVor
Nomi

darthsith19
I think that Nomi wins, too.

S_W_LeGenD
This fight will be hard for Nomi though.

Count Makashi
Bastilas fighting abilities are an unknown, but she was never described as a great warrior, she only has her battle meditation, Naomi wins, by default, if nothing else.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Bastilas fighting abilities are an unknown, but she was never described as a great warrior, she only has her battle meditation, Naomi wins, by default, if nothing else.
She has more then just Battle Meditation.

She can use Force Valor and Burst of Speed to boost her fighting potential. She is also adept at using double-bladed Light Saber.

At the least, she was powerful and can be considered in the class of 2nd tier Jedi in terms of over-all power.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
She has more then just Battle Meditation.

She can use Force Valor and Burst of Speed to boost her fighting potential. She is also adept at using double-bladed Light Saber.

At the least, she was powerful and can be considered in the class of 2nd tier Jedi in terms of over-all power.

What is Force Valor and Burst of Speed, so can the TPM Kenobi, so what, every Force user can sped up his speed and reflexes with the Force, not a big deal. So what if she uses a double-blades saber, its how good you are with a weapon, not which weapon you use.

How do you know, she can be considered in the 2 class of tier(whatever that means), she is to much of an unknown, especially her skills with a saber.

S_W_LeGenD
What is Force Valor
Description of Force Valor: It is a Light Side Force Power that increases the resolve, accuracy, and speed of one's self and one's allies. Tapping into the Force, a Jedi can increase the rate at which one's capacities functioned, allowing the body to move more quickly, strike more powerfully, and fight with improved accuracy.

Master Yoda used this ability to great effect in his duels.

and Burst of Speed
Burst of Speed allows a Jedi to dodge attacks easily and enables one's self to perform "Force Jumps" with ease during duels.

so can the TPM Kenobi, so what, every Force user can sped up his speed and reflexes with the Force, not a big deal.
It becomes a big deal when these powers are used in a Duel.

So what if she uses a double-blades saber, its how good you are with a weapon, not which weapon you use.
She has "proficiency" in double-bladed Saber dueling according to KOTOR and she can perform some impressive melee attacks as well.

How do you know, she can be considered in the 2 class of tier(whatever that means), she is to much of an unknown, especially her skills with a saber.
2nd tier Jedi must have good Light Saber Sweeping and Light Saber Deflecting skills. Bastilla is good at both.

Count Makashi
Description of Force Valor: It is a Light Side Force Power that increases the resolve, accuracy, and speed of one's self and one's allies. Tapping into the Force, a Jedi can increase the rate at which one's capacities functioned, allowing the body to move more quickly, strike more powerfully, and fight with improved accuracy.

Master Yoda used this ability to great effect in his duels.

Burst of Speed allows a Jedi to dodge attacks easily and enables one's self to perform "Force Jumps" with ease during duels.

It becomes a big deal when these powers are used in a Duel.

She has "proficiency" in double-bladed Saber dueling according to KOTOR and she can perform some impressive melee attacks as well.

2nd tier Jedi must have good Light Saber Sweeping and Light Saber Deflecting skills. Bastilla is good at both.

Bastila Shan is no master Yoda not even close.

I know what burst of speed is, i used it together with Kenobi example.

Yea, but every Force user can use it.

So does Maul, who is better then Bastila, and Kenobi in his prime is better then Maul with Sabers.

You do realize, that she has the abilities, which you chose in the game, thats like saying Exile is a Jedi Watchman, because you chose it in a game.

S_W_LeGenD
Bastila Shan is no master Yoda not even close.
Are you trying to twist my argument here?

Force Valor will definitely help Bastilla in a duel.

I gave the example of Yoda to show that how helpful Force Valor can be in case of boosting the fighting potential of a Jedi as even the greatest of the Jedi Masters used this ability in duels.

I know what burst of speed is, i used it together with Kenobi example.
Kenobi and Qui-Gon used it to simply escape from those Battle Droids.

Yea, but every Force user can use it.
The level of proficiency in these abilities also matter.

So does Maul, who is better then Bastila, and Kenobi in his prime is better then Maul with Sabers.
What has Maul to do in this case? An irrelevant example.

Check the below quote again:

You do realize, that she has the abilities, which you chose in the game, thats like saying Exile is a Jedi Watchman, because you chose it in a game.
No. These are natural abilities of Bastilla.

Count Makashi
Are you trying to twist my argument here?

Force Valor will definitely help Bastilla in a duel.

I gave the example of Yoda to show that how helpful Force Valor can be in case of boosting the fighting potential of a Jedi as even the greatest of the Jedi Masters used this ability in duels.

Kenobi and Qui-Gon used it to simply escape from those Battle Droids.

The level of proficiency in these abilities also matter.

What has Maul to do in this case? An irrelevant example.

Check this quote again:

No. These are natural abilities of Bastilla.

Exactly, all Jedi can use it and no, i ma not trying to twist anything(don't like twister), like i said, she is no Master Yoda, not even close on his level.

No, it is only logical they were using it in a fight as well(all 3 of them), but if they shoved it to fast, the audience wouldn't see anything.

Yes it does, but where does it say, that Bastilas proficiency is uber.

You said, that she is proficient with a double-bladed saber, i said so those Maul, who is better then Bastila with this weapon and yet Kenobi in his prime is even better then Maul. Its quite easy actually to understand.

Which Quote?

Even so, it is never stated, how good they are.

S_W_LeGenD
Exactly, all Jedi can use it
And it helps them a lot in tough situations.

and no, i ma not trying to twist anything(don't like twister), like i said, she is no Master Yoda, not even close on his level.
Why are you comparing Yoda with Bastilla?

His example is aimed towards highlighting the importance of this power and the difference that it can make in a duel.

No, it is only logical they were using it in a fight as well(all 3 of them), but if they shoved it to fast, the audience wouldn't see anything.
The effects of Burst of Speed can be visible even in the movies.

For example, Darth Sidious was shown using this ability in a duel when he quickly defeated those 3 Jedi Masters.

Yes it does, but where does it say, that Bastilas proficiency is uber.
She can perform some impressive melee attacks even when using the double-bladed Light Saber. One such example is "Triple Attack".

You said, that she is proficient with a double-bladed saber, i said so those Maul, who is better then Bastila with this weapon and yet Kenobi in his prime is even better then Maul. Its quite easy actually to understand.
What does Maul and Kenobi have to do with Bastilla? They are irrelevant, as I have pointed out before.

Which Quote?

Even so, it is never stated, how good they are.
Good enough to be considered in the class of 2nd tier Jedi, in which Obi-Wan is also included.

MasterAshenVor
Count Makashi for this type thread i got one sentence for you

with no disrespect here is what i say

"Count Makashi F-U-C-K the Unknown factors just give a damn Answer"

Thank you

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Nomi wins here.

jollyjim311
Easy choice:

http://keepkey.yochanan.net/nomijapanpose2.JPG

Count Makashi
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Count Makashi for this type thread i got one sentence for you

with no disrespect here is what i say

"Count Makashi F-U-C-K the Unknown factors just give a damn Answer"

Thank you

I did give an answer, i said naomi wins by default. stick out tongue

Manslayer

Big deal, Most jedi have "burst of speed" and sidious is much better at this ability

Manslayer

She can perform some impressive melee attacks even when using the double-bladed Light Saber. One such example is "Triple Attack".

Gameplay mechanics? Then i guess vader can use lightning as well. And who gives if she can triple attack seeing that maul can literally do the same except for the fact he can land 6 simultaneous slashes very quickly. Seriously legend drop the kotor fanboyism. Bastila is crude compared to the SW power houses

Nomi cuts bastila off the force and then kills her, end of story

Count Makashi
In which game Vader used Lightning?

kamhal
Nomi wins. Period.

Janus Marius
Wow, some sweeping assumptions all around, typical of this place.

Firstly, cutting a Force user off from the Force as Nomi did to Ulic is considered "difficult" by Odan-Urr, who is a master at the technique. Nomi, a relative noob, accomplished it only through severe emotional stress in a unique situation. It's not something you just pull out of your pocket while in a duel.

Second, Nomi's training consisted of "I picked up my husband's lightsaber and killed some thugs' followed by a crash-course in Jedi-ism. At the end of the Sith War, she's barely had a few years training, if that. Bastila, however, is competent enough to lead crucial missions, train younger Jedi, take Darth Bandon's place (Which, despite his relatively small role Bandon's title and his official profile on the KotOR site hints at his saber badassedry) and other assorted feats.

This doesn't mean I've finalized a position on either gal, but I think people here should look more closely at the facts. Anytime you see a post which reads "Nomi wins", you're dealing with opinion-slinging.

kamikz

Manslayer
In which game Vader used Lightning? Its in the ROTS game but it isnt in cut scenes. Legend attempted to use gameplay mechanics

kamhal
Janus, 10 years after the GSW Nomi was the Grand Master... I think this tells you something.

darthsith19
Originally posted by kamhal
Janus, 10 years after the GSW Nomi was the Grand Master... I think this tells you something.
Where does it say she was ever the Grandmaster? As far as I am aware of, her ever becoming Grandmaster is fan speculation and was never confirmed.

And yeah, Janus is back! Janus, please stay, you'll probably be surprised to hear me say that, but things were better before you left.

Janus Marius
Wow.... That's actually pretty nice to hear.

I am barely on these days, so I don't often come here to KMC. I simply don't have the hours neccessary to argue opinions with people who don't care to accept mine.

But it still is a fun place to haunt from time to time.

Darth Sexy
Who doesn't accept your opinion toughpants? That would quite counterproductive of this forum if this was the case. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure if that WAS the case, you and the rest of your blood brothers at the other forum do just the same.

Janus Marius
I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your reasoning, "Darth Sexy". You strike me as someone I probably either burned in a debate or otherwise shamed before his peers. Let me run that post of yours through the "Forum Whiner Technobabbulator" and see what comes out:

Translation: I am threatened by you. I must challenge your post because my frail ego demands it.

Translation: I presume to know the purpose of this forum and use abstract sentence structure and big words to impress those who might look to me for approval.

Translation: You have previously pwned me, as have your peers who are good debators. I say fie upon your forum with its rules, structure, and visible moderators because it keeps me from being the flaming troll I can be here at KMC.

Well, that little gizmo works pretty good at sorting the grain from the chaff in that post of yours. On a final note, "Darth Sexy":

http://i17.tinypic.com/4qnc5kl.jpg

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your reasoning, "Darth Sexy". You strike me as someone I probably either burned in a debate or otherwise shamed before his peers. Let me run that post of yours through the "Forum Whiner Technobabbulator" and see what comes out:
Is that so Janus? In that case, I'm going to go ahead and state that we live in different realities, meaning you're delusional.

What the hell are you babbling about? Do you even bother to read posts before you decide to spew your pseudointellectual nonsense?

I guess me calling you a pseudointellecual really flew over your head there toughpants.

Weren't you the one to leave this forum because you got burned in debates to the point where your feeble little mind couldn't take the abuse anymore? Interesting.. However, the only thing I can translate from your posts is:
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/267780/2/istockphoto_267780_boo_hoo.jpg
Lets hope you an figure that one out.

Janus Marius
That has to be the weakest response I've ever had to one of my posts. But it's not like I expected anything great from you in the first place.

It's funny though that you posted a picture of yourself crying. You must do that a lot because people at KMC don't agree with you.

Bardock42
Nomi 10/10

Darth Sexy
That has to be the weakest response I've ever had to one of my posts. But it's not like I expected anything great from you in the first place.

It's funny though that you posted a picture of yourself crying. You must do that a lot because people at KMC don't agree with you.

Oh totally Janus! You got me there big boy. I didn't see the "I know you are but what am I" insult coming. And to think, I expected so little from an antedelluvian such as yourself. But really Janus, I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy low paying 9-5 career to come here and lecture me about how you allegedly kicked my ass in a debate and that I'm instigating something. Really, quality material here Janus. Now really, stfu... Thanks boo.

Janus Marius
What's with the "big boy" and "toughpants" lines, anyways? Is there something you want to share with the group?

With your head that far up your ass, it's a wonder you see much. But I didn't go for an infantile insult; I just called it like I see it. I'm amused that you spend so much effort hating on me when I don't even remember who you are.

Firstly, what you expect is amusing, considering you weren't even a registered member during our prime unless you're a sock (Which I suspect you are).

Secondly, it's important that you learn to differentiate "Antediluvian" from "poor debating". I realize that the average poster here hisses and wets themselves when they hear that title, and my name is brought up like I'm Hitler or something more reproachable. But the group that called themselves Antediluvians were more similar to this established group then you realize. I see a lot of behaviors among this era which people regularly attribute to Antediluvians.

Lol.

"Low paying 9-5 career". That's hilarious. You don't know a damn thing about me, it seems.

Please. Your attempts at being superior in this little squabble bore me. Go back and play with your dolls; at least they don't reject you.

Darth Sexy
What's with the "big boy" and "toughpants" lines, anyways? Is there something you want to share with the group?
Touche Janus! Now call me out on my alleged sexual preference!!!

I don't recall hating on you at all, but responding to your pseudointellectual bullshit. And yet at the same time, you automatically assume I'm someone you've defeated in a debate.. I guess double standards don't affect big bad Janus..

Thanks for your report detective dipshit. Could I have possibly read topics that were alive oh well I don't know, a year or more ago? I mean in today's day and age, and with Al Gore's spiffy additions to the internet, there's no telling what I can do.

I never claimed you were a poor debater, but it's nice of you to point out the obvious for me. I'm going to assume that you're an extraordinarily nice guy going out of his way for somebody else.

And I rest my case..

Attempts at being superior? I'm going to go out on a limb Janus, and logically assume that you don't possess a psychology degree, with your amazing deducing skills. But that's cool, I didn't know I was being superior. Play with my dolls because they don't reject me? I didn't know you were an angry 12 year old girl.. Now please dazzle me some more with your pseudointellectual psychobabble. Or how about stop responding if I "bore" you...Thanks for playing killer.

Janus Marius
Sure thing troll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.