The Silver Surfer Vs. Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lonelygirl15
Which of these cosmic aliens wins?

quanchi112
the silver surfer

Lonelygirl15
Originally posted by quanchi112
the silver surfer

Why? Sinestro has a very strong will and a power ring with no weakness. Power Rings are only limited by the will of the user? Right?

quanchi112
silver surfer could beat hal jordan in my opinion so in my opinion he could beat practically any ring user.

Lonelygirl15
silver surfer could beat hal jordan in my opinion so in my opinion he could beat practically any ring user.

Even if they got him in an arm lock?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Lonelygirl15
Why? Sinestro has a very strong will and a power ring with no weakness. Power Rings are only limited by the will of the user? Right?

Yellow rings are powered by fear, not will-power ... seems stupid to give the person who is most afraid the most power though.

Lonelygirl15
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yellow rings are powered by fear, not will-power ... seems stupid to give the person who is most afraid the most power though.

The original wasn't, the new ones are, the one Guy had which Sinestro originally had was powered by Willpower. Know your comics please.

Scoobless
The original wasn't, the new ones are, the one Guy had which Sinestro originally had was powered by Willpower. Know your comics please.

I did know that, but unless the thread was renamed "Silver Surfer Vs Sinestro with his old ring and not the current version" then what I said is still true.

Nice attempt at being condescending though ... with a little more practice you nay eventually become more than a minor nuisance.

smile

Lonelygirl15
I did know that, but unless the thread was renamed "Silver Surfer Vs Sinestro with his old ring and not the current version" then what I said is still true.

Nice attempt at being condescending though ... with a little more practice you nay eventually become more than a minor nuisance.

smile

Umm no it does state a willpowered version so I would expect anyone to realise which of the rings was meant. That is if they knew he had possessed a willpowered version. Which you didn't, till I pointed it out. With a little reading you might know a bit about comics, although I doubt it.

smile

Scoobless
Umm no it does state a willpowered version

It really doesn't.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lonelygirl15
It really doesn't.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

It really does, the fact you failed to make the distinction, just shows poor comprehension.

Scoobless
Which of these cosmic aliens wins?

It really does, the fact you failed to make the distinction, just shows poor comprehension.

Please point out where it states that the version is not current Sinestro.

Symmetric Chaos

I'm pretty sure they're powered by ambient fear not fear from the user.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Yeah, probably ... but Lantern rings are powered by the GL's will power x 1 million (according to Rebirth) so the yellow rings may work similarly.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, probably ... but Lantern rings are powered by the GL's will power x 1 million (according to Rebirth) so the yellow rings may work similarly.

Well when the rings go looking for people they say what is needed to make them work. Oan rings tell people that they can overcome fear, Quardian rings say the person can inspire fear.

Which all in all sounds like a bad idea since it would make the rings useless against a really good GL (or DareDevil)

TricksterPriest

It's both. Part of the Sin Corp training is mastering your own fear and using it to power the ring.

Surfer's Rules
Surfer takes it.

hawkeye111
IMO it would be pretty close when considering Sinestro's most recent depictions.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by hawkeye111
IMO it would be pretty close when considering Sinestro's most recent depictions.

Indeed. Sinestro is establishing himself as a major bad ass again.

Emperor Ashtar
Current Sinestero kills him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Indeed. Sinestro is establishing himself as a major bad ass again. and silver surfer isnt

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by hawkeye111
IMO it would be pretty close when considering Sinestro's most recent depictions. Until Sinestro does more, I'm giving it to Surfer.

quanchi112
silver surfer is a force and gets the job done here

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Current Sinestero kills him.

With the vaunted "yellow death blast"?

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's both. Part of the Sin Corp training is mastering your own fear and using it to power the ring.

So that means SuperEmo Prime has mastered his own fear?

Oh shit.

Entity
Could Norrin not just turn the ring into pure lead or something? :Confused:

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
So that means SuperEmo Prime has mastered his own fear?

Oh shit.

If he's got a ring and I'd guess he does since he's wearing the Sinestro Corp symbol, then yes, he has. fear Be afraid. Be very afraid. Because that guy took on 30-50 GLs at Oa, WITHOUT A RING. Oh yeah, the GLs are in deep shit...........

Grinning Goku
Surfer.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Entity
Could Norrin not just turn the ring into pure lead or something? :Confused:

I doubt it. The rings most likely have a defense against that.

Entity
I doubt it. The rings most likely have a defense against that. Againist the power cosmic? ermm
I'm not saying undoubtedly they don't. Just sayin it better be damn good!

quanchi112
power cosmic better than a ring on average.

db_renji
Close, but i'll give it to Sinestro, because Ion had a lot of trouble just containing the yellow ring by itself, plus Ion was later getting punked by Sinestro later. And i think Ion> Silver Surfer (just my opinion).

grey fox
Originally posted by db_renji
Close, but i'll give it to Sinestro, because Ion had a lot of trouble just containing the yellow ring by itself, plus Ion was later getting punked by Sinestro later. And i think Ion> Silver Surfer (just my opinion).

Nah , Classic Ion >>>>>Surfer.

Current Ion = Surfer

I'm giving a 6/10 to surfer, mainly due to the fact that PC is more versatile.

Mider999
current Ion equals surfer i think not most of the time people on here agree that a lantern equals surfer. Sinestro took out rayner didnt he what the hell would surfer do to him, people are baised tword surfer ignoring that the GL's have alot of really nice feats as do the qwadrians not that im taking away from silver surfer but his powers are limited the GL's powers are not limited Ions for sure isnt. The power cosmic is probably equal to the power of Oa there are other things that probably equal the power cosmic in DC such as the speed force.

Entity
Ring to lead ftw! stick out tongue

janus77
Surfer ftw.

Priest
Im giving it to Surfer unitl i see Sinestro do more.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Current Sinestero kills him. current silver surfer beats him down.

Surfer's Rules
Originally posted by Mider999
current Ion equals surfer i think not most of the time people on here agree that a lantern equals surfer. Sinestro took out rayner didnt he what the hell would surfer do to him, people are baised tword surfer ignoring that the GL's have alot of really nice feats as do the qwadrians not that im taking away from silver surfer but his powers are limited the GL's powers are not limited Ions for sure isnt. The power cosmic is probably equal to the power of Oa there are other things that probably equal the power cosmic in DC such as the speed force.

LMAO!!! Am I the only person who saw "Speed Force=Power Cosmic"?

janus77
Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
LMAO!!! Am I the only person who saw "Speed Force=Power Cosmic"?
saw that, thought it was silly but decided to leave it be.

PC is the more versatile and powerfull force.

starlock
I will go with the surfer for the win

Juntai
I can understand why people are taking Surfer...
But, Surfer with PC being clearly more versatile than a lantern ring?
That's crap.

batdude123
I'd take Surfer for a slight majority, but Sinestro would give him one HELL of a fight.

And yeah, the power rings can do everything the PC has been able to do, and then some.

starlock
Originally posted by Juntai
That's crap.

I totlaly agree, surfer would win the majority but...i would say the ring is more versitile than surfer with cosmic power..lets not forget we are talking about the surfer not his power source..it is what he does with it
the rings seem to have a collective AI and its limited by the imagination of its user...i dont remember the power cosmic having the same versitility..it might be able to do everything a ring can...but it has not been shown or written as to how the power cosmic works..and the rings always state its limitation is only the imagination

Symmetric Chaos
That's crap.

I think those people were talking about the SpeedForce (which would still be crap)

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by grey fox
Nah , Classic Ion >>>>>Surfer.

Current Ion = Surfer

I'm giving a 6/10 to surfer, mainly due to the fact that PC is more versatile.

batdude123
I think those people were talking about the SpeedForce (which would still be crap)

Speaking of which, Kyle was able to create Daxamite constructs with access to the speedforce. vin

batdude123
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

But the PC isn't more versatile, though.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Oh . . . thats just dumb

Endless Mike
How is Sinestro's speed? I'm not all that familiar with his recent showings

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by batdude123
But the PC isn't more versatile, though. I was just pointing out the post in question to SC.

Not posting an opinion.

Juntai
Yah, that's the type of thing I was talking about.
I can see why people give Surfer a win, he's a strong versatile character, and has a lot of fans.
But to say he's outright more versatile than a good ring wielder is just not true.

quanchi112
Yah, that's the type of thing I was talking about.
I can see why people give Surfer a win, he's a strong versatile character, and has a lot of fans.
But to say he's outright more versatile than a good ring wielder is just not true. why isnt it?

Superherovandal
cause if you actually read GL and see what a competent ring wielder can do he shows showing just as good if not better than the ss. the only reason that ss would win is cause eventually sinestro prolly would have to recharge.

Endless Mike
Is someone going to answer my question?

starlock
Originally posted by Endless Mike
How is Sinestro's speed? I'm not all that familiar with his recent showings

I would say without the ring-slightly more than a human(guessing based off his alien physiology)
With the ring the same catergory as GL's...plus teleportation(if we count dimensional travel to the antmatter universe)

But i have not seen any high end speed feats from sinestro recently

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
cause if you actually read GL and see what a competent ring wielder can do he shows showing just as good if not better than the ss. the only reason that ss would win is cause eventually sinestro prolly would have to recharge. laughing surfer doesnt need to recharge. laughing

Superherovandal
thats why i said he'd eventually win and not sinestro. sheesh.

quanchi112
thats why i said he'd eventually win and not sinestro. sheesh. so u agree with me. laughing

Merlyn
Sinestro ftw.

Superherovandal
yeah but it would be a very close fight and Sinestro would give him a very hard fight as he's less likely to hold back and he's much more imaginative with his powers than SS is than his. SS would take about 6/10

quanchi112
yeah but it would be a very close fight and Sinestro would give him a very hard fight as he's less likely to hold back and he's much more imaginative with his powers than SS is than his. SS would take about 6/10 well we disagree on the numbers of how many times surfer wins but we both agree that surfer wins. no point in arguing over numbers.

batdude123
Surfer would have a hell of a time fighting Sinestro though.

quanchi112
Surfer would have a hell of a time fighting Sinestro though. surfer could beat him holding back if surfer got pissed hed really let him have it.

RUNMAN
I'd go with Surfer, res ipsa loquitur...

batdude123
surfer could beat him holding back if surfer got pissed hed really let him have it.

Please, Sinestro would most definitely test Norrin's abilities.

quanchi112
Please, Sinestro would most definitely test Norrin's abilities. yes it wouldnt be a curbstomp... but silver surfer would beat him holding back and going all out he would definitely beat him down harder and faster.

batdude123
yes it wouldnt be a curbstomp... but silver surfer would beat him holding back and going all out he would definitely beat him down harder and faster.

Maybe upgraded current Surfer. However, if classic Surfer held back against Sinestro, he'd lose.

quanchi112
Maybe upgraded current Surfer. However, if classic Surfer held back against Sinestro, he'd lose. classic surfer gets the win also. but this debate is about the current so that is for another debate. we agree anyways that surfer in his current state gets the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.