Maul vs. Mundi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Both in their primes, FORCE FIGHT ONLY!

This is what a tired Mundi could do with the Force:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5659/blz12ck4.jpg

I don't see anything that Maul has done topping that. So I vote Mundi.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
In a force only fight, I'd say Mundi.

BlaxicanHydra
Ya know, I think Mundi deserves more credit in the SW Universe, he joined the Jedi Council while still a Knight and lasted against GG by himself for a few minutes. If a book or more comics were written about him I would read them.

Violent2Dope
Force only, Mundi wins.

vader11
Mundi may win, but close.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Ya know, I think Mundi deserves more credit in the SW Universe, he joined the Jedi Council while still a Knight and lasted against GG by himself for a few minutes. If a book or more comics were written about him I would read them.

Actually, he wasn't a Knight on the Council. It was changed thanks to dialogue choice in ROTS.

BlaxicanHydra
So they ret-conned that? fvcking Anakin...

playa1258
Mundi is underrated. He would waste maul.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Actually, he wasn't a Knight on the Council. It was changed thanks to dialogue choice in ROTS.

So they ret-conned that? fvcking Anakin...

No, Mundi was a knight on the council. Anakin was wrong, the visual dictionary says Mundi was a knight, and Anakin is only a human being, sometimes they are wrong, you know. stick out tongue

nmensfinest
Isn't Mundi the guy that got gunned down by clones at the end of episode 3 while the clones were executing order 66? And this is him tired and injured? Wow... That makes like no sense, surely he could have just sent the clones flying like nothing.

BlaxicanHydra
Because he was taken by surprise. He didn't realize what was happening till it was too late. Also, I heard somewhere that during that fight he was tired.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, Mundi was a knight on the council. Anakin was wrong, the visual dictionary says Mundi was a knight, and Anakin is only a human being, sometimes they are wrong, you know. stick out tongue

Yea, so then what the hell were OB1 and Mace? They weren't human? Damn Lucas...

kamhal
Right, so you are in a middle of a battle, blasts everywhere, and just like that your troops, who actually are BEHIND you, just turn on you. It's natural that Mundi was caught surprised, off guard and quite stunned. Even then he still killed 2 troopers by deflecting their blasts, if i am not wrong.

nmensfinest
Firstly, the whole idea of Jedi even being caught off guard is pretty ridiculous in itself, given seeing brief flashes of the future is supposedly a regular Jedi trait according to Qui-Gon. On top of that, Mundi had a good couple of seconds to react accordingly to his clones' attack. To me, it makes little sense that someone with that kind of strength in the force couldn't have avoided getting gunned down like that. Hell, not even Yoda from what I know was able to produce such displays of force power, not in the movies at least. It seems these comic book writers feel the need to overpower their characters simply to please the comic book's target market.

alterangel
ok the reason that the jedi were caught off gaurd by order 66 is in DLRDV, it says that the jedi didnt sense deception in the clones, this is because the clones were just taking orders, thus there was nothing new to sense in them

BlaxicanHydra
Correct. AND it was stated that Sideous had cast a dark "shroud" on the force, making things like that impossible.

Gideon
Furthermore, Palpatine was "diminishing" the Jedi's ability to use the Force.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by playa1258
Mundi is underrated. He would waste maul.

In a force fight.

nmensfinest
Correct. AND it was stated that Sideous had cast a dark "shroud" on the force, making things like that impossible.

Originally posted by Gideon
Furthermore, Palpatine was "diminishing" the Jedi's ability to use the Force.

Ah, my bad, I forgot about how Sidious had used the darkside to diminish the Jedi's ability to use the force to see into the future.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Yea, so then what the hell were OB1 and Mace? They weren't human? Damn Lucas...
Well, Kenobi was a human, but Mace is a Korun.

Count Makashi
I think Maul is underestimated, he was a freaking Sith Lord, an apprentice to Sidious, who only takes the best, who have huge potential. Mundi just showed more, that doesn't mean he is better with the Force.

BlaxicanHydra
He was a freaking Sith Lord!

So? In an order of two being a Sith Lord isn't really anything special. It's just a title. It's like people saying Lotr > Starwars because gandalf is a god or some sh*t liek that. Titles don't mean anything. Besides, Mundi was a "freaking" Council Member. A much harder feat to attain.

And two can use the "absence of proof isn't proof of absence (Which it is proof, actually.)

I think C-3PO > Maul. Just because we haven't seen any showings of C-3PO's pwnge doesn't mean he doesn't.

vader11
I'm not sure about this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.