Shatterstar vs. Silver Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Happy Dance Take notes.

Symmetric Chaos
SilverSamurai due to my massive bias!

Wonder Man
I don't know...i think that Shatterstar with his bio blasts can kill a healer like Wolverine. That same as Magneto has power over the metal...Shatty's bio blast should be sufficent to destroy all of Wolvies cells. leaving the adamantium skelaton.
But Samurai is good too; i've seen Wolverine fall to him.
Doesn't his sword have some sort of power too? My memory must be fading to to Allstimers.

redhotrash
Shatterstar I think is a bit more versatile as a fighter. I'd say he wins it.

starlock
Shatterstar for the win

braz
Yeah, Shatterstar takes this.

braz
Yeah, Shatterstar takes this.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Doesn't his sword have some sort of power too? My memory must be fading to to Allstimers.

Not his sword. He does. He's a mutant who can generate energy into his sword and make it sharp enough to cut through almost anything.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Wonder Man

Not his sword. He does. He's a mutant who can generate energy into his sword and make it sharp enough to cut through almost anything.

llagrok
Silver Samurai is probably a more skilled swordsman, but he loses in pretty much everything else.

Shatterstar has enhanced stats and is pretty damn strong. I don't think Silver Samurai can break his swords either, seeing as they're magical. He was able to blind Classic Juggernaut with them, if I'm not mistaken. I might be though.

Silver Samurai's teleportation is very handy, but if Shatterstar can anticipate where SS teleports, it'll work against him.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Love Keniuchio, but I think Shatterstar takes this qyuite easily.

batdude123
Silver Samurai ftw.

guy222
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Love Keniuchio, but I think Shatterstar takes this qyuite easily.

agreed

are u goin to see the new robotech movie

srankmissingnin
Shatterstar has been completely steam rolled by Wolverine every time they've thrown down, Silver Samurai on the other hand at least puts up a fight before he gets put down... plus Silver Samurai has owned Spider-man before. Silver Samurai would walk all over Shatterstar, it wouldn't even be a fight.

llagrok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shatterstar has been completely steam rolled by Wolverine every time they've thrown down, Silver Samurai on the other hand at least puts up a fight before he gets put down... plus Silver Samurai has owned Spider-man before. Silver Samurai would walk all over Shatterstar, it wouldn't even be a fight.

Silver Samurai had some pretty poor showings in Wolverine, when a rivalling family was trying to take over his clan's territoriy or something. He got beat up by a pack of shinobi.

PITT_HAPPENS
Don't know all that much about Samurai, I've seen some good fights and if they write Star as they normally do I would give it to Samurai but I think Star should take him.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by llagrok
Silver Samurai had some pretty poor showings in Wolverine, when a rivalling family was trying to take over his clan's territoriy or something. He got beat up by a pack of shinobi.

In the most recent Shatterstar series he fought three ninjas who were stated as being "not skilled enough to be Hand" and he was having a hell of a time. Shatterstar is a fourth tier combatant he can't hold his own against Kenny.

Silver Samurai beat Baymax the bodyguard created by Hiro (think a preteen Asian Reed Richards). Baymax was programmed with every fighting style and Silver Samurai was busting out ancient moves and fighting styles that weren't in his programming. It wasn't even a contest, Baymax couldn't even touch him. Hiro, a Sunfire fanboy who hated Silver Samurai's guts, even discribed him as force of nature.

llagrok
In the most recent Shatterstar series he fought three ninjas who were stated as being "not skilled enough to be Hand" and he was having a hell of a time. Shatterstar is a fourth tier combatant he can't hold his own against Kenny.

Silver Samurai beat Baymax the bodyguard created by Hiro (think a preteen Asian Reed Richards). Baymax was programmed with every fighting style and Silver Samurai was busting out ancient moves and fighting styles that weren't in his programming. It wasn't even a contest, Baymax couldn't even touch him. Hiro, a Sunfire fanboy who hated Silver Samurai's guts, even discribed him as force of nature.

Apocalypse has been depicted as a god for centuries, is he a god?

Shatterstar's been raised to fight. He has superhuman physique, which should give him the edge he needs to defeat Kenuichio.

The KMC MA list is flawed anyway, you can't act like it's written in stone. Weapon skills have nothing to say there, otherwise Ares who has mastered using every old and new weapon wouldn't be listed in the third tier. So that means nothing.

But yeah, I'll admit that Silver Surfer's sword skills are above Shatterstar's. Combined with his energy field, he would probably pull out the majority.

grey fox

Intresting.

Do you have scans of this fight ?

PITT_HAPPENS

Silver Samurai beat Baymax the bodyguard created by Hiro (think a preteen Asian Reed Richards). Baymax was programmed with every fighting style and Silver Samurai was busting out ancient moves and fighting styles that weren't in his programming. It wasn't even a contest, Baymax couldn't even touch him. Hiro, a Sunfire fanboy who hated Silver Samurai's guts, even discribed him as force of nature. This is what I hate about the writing for Shatterstar, with his bio he should be among the top tier fighters but they always jobber him out.

braz
I didnt know SS could teleport..confused

srankmissingnin
Apocalypse has been depicted as a god for centuries, is he a god?

Shatterstar's been raised to fight. He has superhuman physique, which should give him the edge he needs to defeat Kenuichio.

The KMC MA list is flawed anyway, you can't act like it's written in stone. Weapon skills have nothing to say there, otherwise Ares who has mastered using every old and new weapon wouldn't be listed in the third tier. So that means nothing.

But yeah, I'll admit that Silver Surfer's sword skills are above Shatterstar's. Combined with his energy field, he would probably pull out the majority.

In my mind the MA list is so inaccurate that it might as well just be set on fire and forgotten... but I wasn't referring to that list, just stating that Shatterstar is a fourth tier combatant. Ever character he has ever fought who is known for their prowess as a fighter has embarrassed him.

Silver Samurai also has a superhuman physic. He has blocked machine gun fire with his sword (and cleaved bullets clean in half) and practically two shotted Spider-man with the flat of his - still sheathed - sword... and thats with out his tachyon field, with that he laid out Baymax in one hit with the hilt of his blade.

I'm not sure exactly what the Apocalypse comment is about in reference to what I said.

grey fox
In my mind the MA list is so inaccurate that it might as well just be set on fire and forgotten... but I wasn't referring to that list, just stating that Shatterstar is a fourth tier combatant. Ever character he has ever fought who is known for their prowess as a fighter has embarrassed him.

Silver Samurai also has a superhuman physic. He has blocked machine gun fire with his sword (and cleaved bullets clean in half) and practically two shotted Spider-man with the flat of his - still sheathed - sword... and thats with out his tachyon field, with that he laid out Baymax in one hit with the hilt of his blade.

I'm not sure exactly what the Apocalypse comment is about in reference to what I said. I think the apoc thing is like 'rok saying "Hyperbole"

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by grey fox

Intresting.

Do you have scans of this fight ?

The Silver Samurai/Baymax fight? It's from Big Hiro 6 issue 2... I don't have it on hand right now.

grey fox
The Silver Samurai/Baymax fight? It's from Big Hiro 6 issue 2... I don't have it on hand right now.

Yeah , I have this image in my mind of this smug little prick gloating about how his warrior is 'Teh total 733t' and then his jaw dropping when Samurai goes into some ancient fighting pose and breaks the guy's arm in eight different places.

cool

llagrok

I'm not sure exactly what the Apocalypse comment is about in reference to what I said.

The Apocalypse comment was supposed to illustrate how wrong people can be. Some random guy calling Silver Samurai a force of nature doesn't make him so.

Silver Samurai wasn't depicted properly in the recent avengers though. I can't imagine Wolverine cutting his hand off, and his appearance had changed a crapload.

I liked his appearance in Origins though. Showed that he actually was more skilled than Wolvie and only lost because of the healing factor.

srankmissingnin
The Apocalypse comment was supposed to illustrate how wrong people can be. Some random guy calling Silver Samurai a force of nature doesn't make him so.

The difference being that Apocalypse calls himself a god, where as Hiro, a Reed Richards level intellect, conceded that Silver Samurai was akin to a force of nature mere moments after talking shit about him.

Silver Samurai wasn't depicted properly in the recent avengers though. I can't imagine Wolverine cutting his hand off, and his appearance had changed a crapload.

Silver Samurai has never really given Wolverine much of a show, he was completely dominated in their first fight and had to be saved by Lady Viper. Samurai could take Wolverine in a spar match where they are both using swords (very few people even approach Samurai on pure sword skills) but in a real fight, with no sport elements, he is out classed in virtually every way.

I liked his appearance in Origins though. Showed that he actually was more skilled than Wolvie and only lost because of the healing factor.

I think you may be misremembering.

Wolverine was shown to be superior to Silver Samurai in that fight. He was easily dodging his Kenny's sword thrusts with a smile on his face (keep in mind Wolverine was weakened and on the verge of passing out before he even confronted Kenny!). Wolverine played his hand, allowed SS to stab him then lobbed off his arm to avoid a prolonged confrontation.

Still, Silver Samurai's worst showing against Wolverine is still leagues better then when Shatterstar said something along lines of "Wolverine, our battle will be legendary"... and Wolverine said "Nope" and effortless got inside Shatterstar's guard and stabbed him in the gut.

llagrok
The difference being that Apocalypse calls himself a god, where as Hiro, a Reed Richards level intellect, conceded that Silver Samurai was akin to a force of nature moments after talking shit about him.

Silver Samurai has never really given Wolverine much of a show, he was completely dominated in their first fight and had to be saved by Lady Viper. Samurai could take Wolverine in a spar match where they are both using swords (very few people even approach Samurai on pure sword skills) but in a real fight with no sport elements at all he is out classed in virtually every way.

I think you may be misremembering.

Wolverine was shown to be superior to Silver Samurai in that fight. He was easily dodging his Kenny's sword thrusts with a smile on his face (keep in mind Wolverine was weakened and on the verge of passing out before he even confronted Kenny!). Wolverine played his hand, allowed SS to stab him then lobbed off his arm to avoid a prolonged confrontation.

Still, Silver Samurai's worst showing against Wolverine is still leagues better then when Shatterstar said something along lines of "Wolverine, our battle will be legendary"... and Wolverine said "Nope" and effortless got inside Shatterstar's guard and stabbed him in the gut.

Hiro is still wrong, he's a ****ing idiot. If he thinks Silver Samurai, who can be beaten by half of the marvel verse is a force of nature, I feel bad for the poor kid.

If Silver Surfer is a force of nature, Wolverine is omnipotent.

grey fox
Hiro is still wrong, he's a ****ing idiot. If he thinks Silver Samurai, who can be beaten by half of the marvel verse is a force of nature, I feel bad for the poor kid.

If Silver Surfer is a force of nature, Wolverine is omnipotent.

I think Hiro meant that in the classical 'human fighting' sense. Not the 'He is an unstoppable whirlwind whom shall consume all who stand in his way' fashion.

Ya dig ?

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
I think Hiro meant that in the classical 'human fighting' sense. Not the 'He is an unstoppable whirlwind whom shall consume all who stand in his way' fashion.

Ya dig ?

I dig smile

Wonder Man
Samurai is head of a family and Shatterstar lead a revolution.
Mojo ain't no slouch. He did cut into Juggernaut when Juggs was at full strength...that was without using his mutant blast.
With Samurai's power it could go bad for Shatterstar but if he fires blast for blast; i think Shattys' blast is more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.