Multiversal Destroyers vs TOAA or Presence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Multiversal destroyers...whether it be Abstracts, uber humanoids, or artifacts have literally erased UNIVERSES. Now, with the TOAA and the Presence being OMNIPRESENT....wouldn't these Destroyers be forcibly removing a Supreme Being from an aspect of Creation? A Supreme Being can no longer be Present in a realm or universe that no longer exists. So, when a being destroys a universe...that being removes the Presence of a Supreme Being.

I was just sitting here thinking about this....in this sense....a Supreme Being can actually be pwned according to comic book logic.

LordKaos
In the grand scheme of things nowhere and nothing exist just as much as somewhere and something so I say they can't be erased, before the multiverse there was nothing and nothing was nowhere and they existed then.

King Kandy
Maybe so... But Supreme beings are infinite. You can destroy fractions of one all day, but it won't reduce the whole.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by King Kandy
Maybe so... But Supreme beings are infinite. You can destroy fractions of one all day, but it won't reduce the whole.
What about Excalibur and the Amulet of Right which can sunder the Omniverse?
Same goes for restrictionless Cosmic Cubes.

Think of it this way, they're everything including the nothingness, if a universe is destroyed they're the emptyness.
- They exist outside creation in other words.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
What about Excalibur and the Amulet of Right which can sunder the Omniverse?
Same goes for restrictionless Cosmic Cubes.

Omniscience and Omnipotence and Omnipresence

If anyone was actually going to use something that would succeed in destroying the supreme they wouldn't be allowed to do so.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Omniscience and Omnipotence and Omnipresence

If anyone was actually going to use something that would succeed in destroying the supreme they wouldn't be allowed to do so.
But things like the Chaos Wave almost did, it almost ended the Omniverse, and the Cosmic Cubes did destroy the Omniverse, but of course recreated it after that.

Symmetric Chaos
But things like the Chaos Wave almost did, it almost ended the Omniverse, and the Cosmic Cubes did destroy the Omniverse, but of course recreated it after that.

Neither of which actually succeeded and hence we never a threat to the supreme.

h1a8

I think you mean multiverse or universe and not omniverse.
That would mean the Cosmic Cubes destroyed our Universe (me and you). As the omniverse by definition is all there is (including God and Jesus and Bugs Bunny and D.C. and Manga and etc.) And if you still believe that the CC destroyed the omniverse then you should be in a straight jacket.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by h1a8
That would mean the Cosmic Cubes destroyed our Universe (me and you). As the omniverse by definition is all there is (including God and Jesus and Bugs Bunny and D.C. and Manga and etc.) And if you still believe that the CC destroyed the omniverse then you should be in a straight jacket.

He's referring to the omniverse as defined by Marvel.

Thanos_THOTU
The ****ing comic said Omniverse ...

Superherovandal
marvel doesn't know what its talking about when it uses omniverse. Omniverse is all universes including ours. so for our sake its just a fancy way of say multiverse.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superherovandal
marvel doesn't know what its talking about when it uses omniverse. Omniverse is all universes including ours. so for our sake its just a fancy way of say multiverse.

I've been saying that for a while, but I believe Mr Master pointed out that when marvel uses "Omniverse" there speaking about the entire fictional universe of marvel.

It's the context more so than the word itself. Though, I still do not understand the term Megaverse.

Emperor Ashtar
I believe the True Beyonders could possibly do it.

charlemagne9746
I was thinking of it this way....let's say that the 616 Universe was erased....it would be like it never existed at all. The 238, 542, 739, etc, etc...are still around. The TOAA's presence would still occupy those realities....but not the 616 because it had been erased.

I understand that a Supreme Being would occupy the "nothingness" and all realities...at the same time. However, when I think of nothingness...i just think of empty space...meaning that it is something...but has nothing in it..lol...if you understand what I'm saying. If the 616 is erased...it is erased of everything.

Another thing I was "pondering"...lol...is the creation of new pocket universes or universes that had never existed before. When created....a new reality exists that a Supreme Being had never occupied before...the Supreme was never present in the new reality.

But, if you look at it this way...an omnipresent being would occupy all realities...past, present, and future...all at the same time. So, even if a new universe is created...the spirit of the Supreme would already be there...because the Supreme exists in all timelines.

On that note...as far as the other thread concerning the Brothers...perhaps they are not Supreme. The Brothers were not happy about the Amalgam Universe...meaning they were caught off guard and were SURPRISED. How can you surprise a Supreme Being who knows all things anyway? Also, if the Supreme is Ominipresent...its Spirit would already exist in the new universe at the point of Creation. Yet, the Brothers were surprised...meaning that they could not exist in all timelines at the same time. If they were ominipresent...they could never be surprised...because they could see all things.

I guess I just answered my own question...well, to my satisfaction..lol.

However, I'm still not convinced that the Beyonder could defeat a pre-retcon Brother.

Emperor Ashtar
Have the True Beyonders churn out CCU and give them to abstracts.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar

lol...have a CCU Black Market...with the Beyonders supplying. Who woulda thunk it...Abstract Terrorists...lol

Symmetric Chaos

Still useless. The moment that a move is made that would prove successful they would all be destroyed or would change their mind about doing it.

King Kandy
I've been saying that for a while, but I believe Mr Master pointed out that when marvel uses "Omniverse" there speaking about the entire fictional universe of marvel.

It's the context more so than the word itself. Though, I still do not understand the term Megaverse.
Omniverse is the perfect term... From the perspective of Marvel characters, Marvel IS all universes... Since crossovers are non-canon, there is nothing outside it!

A Megaverse is a Multiverse and realms associated with it that are not part of the proper multiverse.

Thanos_THOTU
Omniverse

Omni (Greek) = All
Verse (Greek) = Reality

Omniverse = All realities

Marvel Omniverse = All of Marvel's realities

h1a8
He's referring to the omniverse as defined by Marvel.

Marvel has many times had typos in comics (or just plain errors).
Why do other people use such as proof?

If you go to marvel.com or

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Glossary:O

you will see how they define "Omniverse".

"The collection of every single universe, dimension, reality, etc. This includes the real world , as well as the Marvel Universe , the Star Trek Universe, the Image Universe, etc."

Emperor Ashtar
Marvel has many times had typos in comics (or just plain errors).
Why do other people use such as proof?

If you go to marvel.com or

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Glossary:O

you will see how they define "Omniverse".

"The collection of every single universe, dimension, reality, etc. This includes the real world , as well as the Marvel Universe , the Star Trek Universe, the Image Universe, etc."

It's more about context than definition.

h1a8
It's more about context than definition.

If that is the case then many people destroyed the omniverse by the context of what the writer was trying to show.
That means emporer joker did (all of reality), beyonder did (all realities and dimensions), etc.
The writers intent is that they destroyed everything there is.

But even in the context of the comic, it is still an error on the writer to write this since it is known by Marvel that the omniverse includes the real world. And in the comic, the beings that exists in the Marvel universe think that they are living in the real world. Meaning, that the real world, according to them, is their world. Yet Marvel distinguishes the real world (our world and not theirs) from the Marvel universe in their definition of the omniverse.

Xplosive
TOAA is beyond time and space, beyond all realites, beyond Omniverse.

There wasn't any reality and TOAA existed. Then he created time and space, omniverse.
All Multiverse destroyers in the end exist because of TOAA.
TOAA is all. TOAA=The One Above All=Above All, because he is above all.

Thanos_THOTU
Does that go for the Celestial TOAA as well?

Xplosive
Does that go for the Celestial TOAA as well?

wink

basilisk
Neither of which actually succeeded and hence we never a threat to the supreme.

They should do a What If where they did succeed in destroying the Omniverse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.