Silver Surfer Spin-Off Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, I guess you can say it's been announced that there's going to be a Silver Surfer spin-off movie that will focus on the Silver Surfer's origins either in flashback sequences or by having the film focus on his earlier life prior to encountering the Fantastic Four.

I'll be glad to see a Silver Surfer spin-off movie hit theaters. If Galactus appears in his humanoid form they should have an explanation as to why he appears as a giant cosmic cloud in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Maybe he reverts to a cosmic cloud when he's hungry/hasn't fed in a while or sometimes decides to use that form? I don't know but either way I want to see his humanoid form make some sort of appearance but to make it look less corny his look will probably need to be changed a little. Either way it goes, a Silver Surfer movie will be very interesting to see & I know I'll love it.

Tak
I don't think hes going to come to Earth. Rather go to different planets and maybe meet Thor and Thanos. That would be cool.

Ultimate Hulk43
1. I never said he was going to come to Earth because it's about his origins. Learn to read what's written. Plus, he's already came to Earth, watch FF2.

2. The Silver Surfer won't be meeting Thor or Thanos, especially since it's about his origins.

ragesRemorse
i feel sick

wasnt rise of the silfer surfer shitty enough?

Ultimate Hulk43
If you don't like it & don't like the idea of a Silver Surfer spin-off movie, then don't post in the threads that are talking about it. It's not rocket science.

Tak
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
1. I never said he was going to come to Earth because it's about his origins. Learn to read what's written. Plus, he's already came to Earth, watch FF2.

2. The Silver Surfer won't be meeting Thor or Thanos, especially since it's about his origins.
I know you said he wont come to Earth, but there are going to be more people who say he does. I was referring to the first comics I read of his where Loki and others were in it.

Ultimate Hulk43
Rrrrrriiiiight.

ragesRemorse
If you don't like it & don't like the idea of a Silver Surfer spin-off movie, then don't post in the threads that are talking about it. It's not rocket science.

If you dont like to hear others opinions, dont create threads. It's not rocket science big grin

I think surfer could be great content for a movie. However, seeing how the fantastic four franchise shit all over the silver surfer concept. I as a fan would not like to see yet another poor attempt in adapting the surfer onto film. The movie would be no substance and all marketing, just like the fantastic four movie. If you were to tell me that it would have no connection to the fantastic four movie, i may be inclined to get semi chub though

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't see anything wrong with the Silver Surfer in the Fantastic Four movie. Sure, they changed it so that his power came from his board but most of you need to realize that not everything in comic book movies stay the same. If the director or writers think it's going to be more realistic, they're going to change it to suit their needs.

Locard
most of you need to realize that not everything in comic book movies stay the same. If the director or writers think it's going to be more realistic, they're going to change it to suit their needs.
I refuse to accept that! thumb down
why cant they do the same thing as they did in Sin City?
the movie was great because it sticked to the comic in 100%
Sin City, 300..why only Frank Miller's fans have the right to a decent adaptation?

Ultimate Hulk43
Meh, like I said, some things are always going to be changed. Accept it.

NoFate007
Well for one thing, they were able to follow Sin City 100% because it was one solitary thing they were taking from, not hundreds of issues worth of continuity. They've made some great adjustments in different movies (ala the suits in X-Men) and some absolutely horrible ones (Bruce's father being Absorbing Man in Hulk). They can't change nothing from the comics, but they should stick to it as much as possible. Sandman in SM3 was an awful and poor excuse to make him interesting, but you have to admit that it would have sucked if they'd convert all the dialogue to the original "I'm going to explain the entire plot in one sentence! Great thunder!" kind of garbage lol. Anyway, that's my two cents on that. This thread isn't about that argument that goes all over the place, so I'm off on a tangent here.

As for a Silver Surfer spin-off? Personally, I don't think they should do it, but the way I'd imagine it is that it would be sort of like Part II of the Godfather, in that it incorporates both elements of the so-called "present day" as well as flashbacks of the past. Flashbacks take place while SS is recovering from what we saw happen in F4 and discusses what his life was life prior to those events and the sacrifice he made when committing to Galactus. As for the present day scenario? Well, I'd assume Thanos would be in there somewhere, but I'm not a huge SS fan so I can't state any specific storylines that could be referenced.

ragesRemorse
I don't see anything wrong with the Silver Surfer in the Fantastic Four movie. Sure, they changed it so that his power came from his board but most of you need to realize that not everything in comic book movies stay the same. If the director or writers think it's going to be more realistic, they're going to change it to suit their needs.

I wasnt directly refering to surfer's appearence or character portrayel, but to the execution of the surfer. There was no crafting what so ever dedicated to the surfer in that film, and the film was supposed to have revolved his story line. Also, shifting the idea of the board being the source of his power is extreme, and silly. It almost undermines his entire character. There was no reason why they had to do that, other than wanting an excuse to bring back doom. When doom shouldnt have even been in the damn movie.
Im sure it could work as a blockbuster but not as being a memorable or noteworthy movie in the list of comic flicks

Ultimate Hulk43
Well, that's your opinion but this is one of my all time favorite comic book movies, if not my all time favorite.

boriquaking55
I'm down with an SS film as long as they keep the property far far away from Tim Story and revamp the SS. Cut off all ties with the FF movies, I say!

Ultimate Hulk43
They might but I doubt it. I like Tim Story's Silver Surfer anyway though.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I look forward to the Silver Surfer movie.

Ultimate Hulk43
I just wonder how they'll do the Surfer's origins.

Kazenji

Yea will they go with his original story or the marvel ultimate backstory, Hopefully they go with his original story.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by NoFate007
Sandman in SM3 was an awful and poor excuse to make him interesting
To make who interesting?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
To make who interesting?

You !!

The tuna king

DARKLORDCAEDUS

All they have to do is re-read FF#48-52 and a few other Surfer stories.

Ultimate Hulk43
That's not what I meant in the slightest.

Firelord Ozai
I hope to see a humanoid Galactus. And I've love it if his armor were changed from being purple to being black & gold. cool

Mirai Gohan
I don't know about you all but the beginning of the film should focus on Norrin Rad's race & who he was before becoming the Silver Surfer. Basically, something like the 90's cartoon with a few changes. And then, Galactus could come along & along with the Silver Surfer, we see them destroy two planets. The Surfer could be finding out if the planet is suitable for Galactus to eat/feed off it's energy while Galactus is going around crushing buildings.

boriquaking55
It'd be good if they treated it as a reboot rather than a spin-off or sequel. Like Batman Begins - just start fresh.

Mirai Gohan
That'd be cool, they could show a humanoid Galactus too & change his armor from purple to black & gold.

llagrok
Maybe we'll get to see Adam Warlock :/

Mirai Gohan
Yeah....

I don't really care about characters like that, I just want the first movie to focus mainly on the Silver Surfer & Galactus.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Surfer movie will undoubtedly focus on Radd, Shalla-Bal and Zenn-La followed by Galactus perhaps in his purple armor. As for a villain I'm really not sure who that will be.

Swanky-Tuna
I'd laugh if they had a similar part like in the cartoon. Right after Norrin offers himself as exchange for Zenn-La and is transformed into Surfer, he turns right back to the planet and says something like "What about this one?" I know the process changed him but it still gave me a chuckle.

llagrok
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Surfer movie will undoubtedly focus on Radd, Shalla-Bal and Zenn-La followed by Galactus perhaps in his purple armor. As for a villain I'm really not sure who that will be.

Maybe Morg or something?

Firelord would probably be awesome smile

Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
Yeah....

I don't really care about characters like that, I just want the first movie to focus mainly on the Silver Surfer & Galactus.

Then don't expect much...

Mirai Gohan
I do expect a lot out of this film & it should be mostly based on the Surfer & Galactus.

Doctor-Alvis
What if it was like a documentary? Like little action. This is what I was, this is what Galactus is, and this is what I do now.

Mirai Gohan
That'd be pretty stupid & a lot of people would be pissed.

Doctor-Alvis
Maybe the people who don't know anything about Surfer and don't know he's not about fighting and explosions. Oh...

Kazenji
All they have to do is re-read FF#48-52 and a few other Surfer stories.

Or even better Essential silver surfer, Silver Surfer issues #1 - #18,

Manslayer
They better do galactus properly this time.

The 2 reasons why galactus didnt appear as a humanoid in the FF film is because
1) They did not want him in the film, so they depict him as a cloud instead
2) They claim they have no time and money to render Galactus.

Mirai Gohan
That's bullshit, I'm sure FOX makes billions of dollars each year so their lazy asses should've been able to distribute enough money for them to create Galactus. In the Silver Surfer movie Galactus better be in humanoid form but I want his armor to be black & not purple.

illadelph12
An idea I had in mind for the Surfer film would be Surfer leading Galactus to Gladiator's home planet back when Kallark was a child and having the Strontians battle Surfer. This way they would have an excuse to have a fight sequence of Surfer fighting an overwhelming battle against a planet full of Superman level beings before he sends up the beacon to summon Galactus to feed, and we'd get to look forward to an adult Gladiator in the film as an antagonist. Surfer could also try to feed the Kree Homeworld to Galactus and have to battle a Captain Marvel predecessor and/or a few Accusers, as well as a Kree Fleet and then Gladiator and the Imperial Guard.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Manslayer
They better do galactus properly this time.

The 2 reasons why galactus didnt appear as a humanoid in the FF film is because
1) They did not want him in the film, so they depict him as a cloud instead
2) They claim they have no time and money to render Galactus.

Actually Tim Story says during the FF 2: Rise of the Surfer Surfer commentary that he knew their was going to be a Surfer movie and wanted Galactus's interpretation wide open for the Surfer director to do.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=29254

Mirai Gohan
I hope that they make Galactus as badass as he can be.

Doctor-Alvis
In the Silver Surfer movie Galactus better be in humanoid form but I want his armor to be black & not purple.
What's wrong with purple armor? It looked pretty awesome in the good Ultimate Alliance cut scenes.

Mirai Gohan
That was a video game, this is a live action movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

And in the Silver Surfer movie Galactus will probably be wearing his purple armor.

Mirai Gohan
I know that, I just would like to see black instead of purple.

Manslayer
Actually Tim Story says during the FF 2: Rise of the Surfer Surfer commentary that he knew their was going to be a Surfer movie and wanted Galactus's interpretation wide open for the Surfer director to do.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=29254 Seems that the cloud only indicate galactus presence

Doctor-Alvis
For as much CGI that'll be needed to do Galactus, there isn't a whole lot of difference. Besides, the point is it looked great. Is black just a color preference?

Mirai Gohan
Yes, it is & I just happen to think that a humanoid in black armor would look much better than a humanoid in purple armor.

Manslayer
I actually liked the cloud galactus, wasnt so bad but of course i prefer his humanoid incarnation

This indicates his presence in the FF movie :
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1631/galactuscloudta2.jpg

Tim story and the screenplay writer for the SS spin off stated galactus is NOT a cloud and that the SS spin-off will feature galactus as we know him in his humanoid form

Mirai Gohan
Interesting, he better look good.

SnazzySmurph
Purple armor would look fine. erm

Mirai Gohan
I don't mind, I'd just like to see him in a new get-up.

Manslayer
Ok i just watched the commentary, its confirmed, galacus isn t a cloud, Tim story said they just covered him in clouds to keep him discreet

Kal-El_08
Bullshit, that's so stupid, why not just show his humanoid form? Tim Story is twisted.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Kal-El_08
Bullshit, that's so stupid, why not just show his humanoid form? Tim Story is twisted.

Story did it that way so people have another reason to see the Silver Surfer movie.

Kal-El_08
Yeah, but he's not even directing the Silver Surfer movie.

super pr*xy
that's a lame-o excuse. did you notice that when he was grabbing the planet his hands were clouds too? i say they wen't over budget and decided to "cheapen" galactus. lol.

fanboy 1988
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If you dont like to hear others opinions, dont create threads. It's not rocket science big grin

I think surfer could be great content for a movie. However, seeing how the fantastic four franchise shit all over the silver surfer concept. I as a fan would not like to see yet another poor attempt in adapting the surfer onto film. The movie would be no substance and all marketing, just like the fantastic four movie. If you were to tell me that it would have no connection to the fantastic four movie, i may be inclined to get semi chub though

Gotta agree with you there, if it was a different movie that had no ties to the FF movie then I would be a bit more exited for it.... Comic book wise, Silver surfer and Galactus have been the biggest waste of talent so far

alfmartinez
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I'd laugh if they had a similar part like in the cartoon. Right after Norrin offers himself as exchange for Zenn-La and is transformed into Surfer, he turns right back to the planet and says something like "What about this one?" I know the process changed him but it still gave me a chuckle.

galactus used to be somnething similar to a human
he has some codes.. of honor i mean

i like that part too

SpiderGauntlet
Galactus got killed by his own herald. Hardly badass :/

Thiru
He didnt die, according to tim story, the surfer made a wormhole which sucked him in

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.