Who is the weakest person that could beat Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaxicanHydra
This is purely out of curiosity. This has nothing to do with my personal bias for the man.

alterangel
weaker in what? the force or sabers?

kamhal
Grievous? Obi-wan?

Violent2Dope
Billy Madison.

jollyjim311
I see Maul as about equal to or just below AOTC Mace, before he completely got rid of his fear of the darkside during Shatterpoint and before he had those extra three years of war experience.

Count Makashi
With sabers Grievous, in an all out fight Kenobi.

nmensfinest
In response to the thread: Jango Fett?

Count Makashi
Jango, how can he take him.

Violent2Dope
Cause he's Jango Fett.

kiddo44
Cin Drallig, maybe

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by nmensfinest
In response to the thread: Jango Fett?

This could be true.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
This could be true.

Is that all u say? confused

jollyjim311
Obsession Anakin, maybe?

kiddo44
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Obsession Anakin, maybe? well he certainly could take Maul.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by kiddo44
well he certainly could take Maul.

It'd be close, he barely beat Asajj and Durge tossed him around some. Neither of those would happen to Maul. However, it is Anakin.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Billy Madison.
Lol! laughing

Yeah, I agree with Grievous or Cin, I was also thinking possibly Malak or Lord Kopecz. Or Sora Bulq? confused If he could beat Maul? I think Maul'd probably beat him, though. Also perhaps ANH Obi-Wan?

jollyjim311
Depa, maybe? Probably not a majority, though.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kit Fisto

kiddo44
It'd be close, he barely beat Asajj and Durge tossed him around some. Neither of those would happen to Maul.

Who says Maul could take Obsession Asajj or Durge? You?

And he would beat Depa.

darthsith19
He could beat Obsession Asajj, do I need to post all that proof again that you never were able to destroy the first, second or third time? Asajj herself admits that she would never be great enough to be Sidious's apprentice, while Sidious hand-selected Maul out of a galaxy of billions.

I would also say that he'd beat Depa, though it was a good thought, jim, it is a possibility that she could beat him.

And lawl at Kit Fisto, funny thing is DARKLORDCAEDUS was probably serious, though. no expression

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19
He could beat Obsession Asajj, do I need to post all that proof again that you never were able to destroy the first, second or third time.

You never proved anything you just listed off what you always list off about him beating Anoon and he was tired in TPM. Asajj was a good fight for Anakin 5 months before ROTS, i don't think she would have got her saber cut in half, and then herself cut in half by padawan Kenobi. So maybe Maul was the only one not worthy enough to be the the Sith apprentice. Atleast she would admit it.

darthsith19

Gideon
Well, Sidious certainly thought that Maul was good enough to be his apprentice, and, unfortunately, it's his opinion that counts, not yours. And Sidious tells Dooku in DR that if he was Dooku he'd kill Asajj for going after Yoda, shows that Sidious views Maul as stronger than Asajj and, again, his opinion counts for far more than yours, mine, or even *gasps!* Advent's or Janus's (no disrespect meant, Janus)!

DS, maybe I misread or something, but WTF? Sidious telling Dooku that he should kill Asajj is proof that Maul is more powerful than her?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
DS, maybe I misread or something, but WTF? Sidious telling Dooku that he should kill Asajj is proof that Maul is more powerful than her?
Why else would Sidious have wanted Asajj dead (in otherwords, he doesn't give a shit about her) but choose Maul as an apprentice out of a galaxy of billions? If Maul wasn't stronger than Asajj then what's the reasoning behind that?

Gideon
Why else would Sidious have wanted Asajj dead (in otherwords, he doesn't give a shit about her) but choose Maul as an apprentice out of a galaxy of billions? If Maul wasn't stronger than Asajj then what's the reasoning behind that?

I'm not disputing that Maul > Asajj, but that is poor reasoning for it. Sidious didn't give a shit about her because she wasn't her responsibility and he already had a stronger apprentice. Hell, Sidious didn't give a shit about anybody , with the possible exception of Anakin.

ThoraxeRMG
Uthar Wynn big grin

Darth Hord
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Uthar Wynn big grin

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH NO!

vader11
TPM Obiwan Obivously! laughing

kiddo44
Originally posted by vader11
TPM Obiwan Obivously!

thats has to be the one.

ESB -1138
I see Maul as about equal to or just below AOTC Mace, before he completely got rid of his fear of the darkside during Shatterpoint and before he had those extra three years of war experience.

Maul was not near Mace Windu (ATOC). Obi-Wan Padawan gave Maul a huge run for his money in straight up saber contest.

VinCon01
I guess it all depends on if we're talking with a saber, the Force, or all out. I'm not too good at these. I'm better at the more direct "versus" topics, when we actually put him against someone.

vader11
Originally posted by kiddo44
thats has to be the one. TPM Kenobi must be the weakest person who could beat Maul. laughing

Count Makashi
Only if Maul is on crack, or if there is a giant hole in the ground.

((The_Anomaly))
I'd agree with whoever said Cin Drillag.

Nikkolas
The Sandman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ol6fDqR2I

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
The Sandman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ol6fDqR2I Hell yeah.

exanda kane
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
This is purely out of curiosity. This has nothing to do with my personal bias for the man.

the man or the marketing tool? lecherous thoughts

Count Makashi
Originally posted by exanda kane
the man or the marketing tool? lecherous thoughts

SW has quite many marketing tool characters, that isn't a necessarily a bad thing.

Quark_666
2. Maul, when not at his full strength, took on Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2 on 1, and nearly beat them. He would have won if Kenobi hadn't gotten lucky, and he killed Qui-Gon. Asajj wasn't to far ahead of J'ai Maruk, and Qui-Gin > J'ai Maruk. Asajj also barely beat Kit Fisto, and Qui-Gon > Kit. Proof of this can be provided if necessary. And remember that this was Maul not as his full strength. The quote for him not being at full strength can be provided, if necessary, as well.

Maul beat Quigon because they were in an enclosed space and Quigon, a master of ataro, wasn't good in enclosed spaces.

Obi-Wan wasn't yet converted to Soresu at this time. He was still trying to master ataro. As a natural born Soresu user though, he still put up an impressive fight against Maul before his inferior force-power allowed Maul to throw him in the hole.

Maul took on ONE Jedi for most of that fight. When they were both fighting him, Maul jumped away. Oh, he jumped away real fancy, but he still jumped away. He rarely crossed light sabers with both of them.

Even without his apprentice in an enclosed space against a highly aggressive fighter in his prime, Quigon did real well. He was actually winning until he got tired and was forced to go defensive.

Maul is good, but you overestimate him.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Only if Maul is on crack, or if there is a giant hole in the ground.

Huh? Are you saying that the reason Darth Maul lost to Obi-Wan was because of a hole in the ground?

Maybe Kenobi got lucky with Maul, but that was Kenobi the apprentice. His saber skills weren't even close to prime. In fact, he hadn't even decided what form of lightsaber combat to master. But Kenobi's Soresu at the end of the clone wars was a masterpeice.

How could Darth Maul beat Master Kenobi as easily as you say?

Quark_666
Kenobi beats Maul when they are both at prime fighting capacity. But when it comes to who is the weakest to be able to beat Maul, I have to agree with whoever said Depa Billipa.

Mace Windu mentioned in the book Shatterpoint that Billipa's saber skills had exceeded his own, and Mace beats Maul any day...with pure saber skills.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Quark_666
Huh? Are you saying that the reason Darth Maul lost to Obi-Wan was because of a hole in the ground?

Maybe Kenobi got lucky with Maul, but that was Kenobi the apprentice. His saber skills weren't even close to prime. In fact, he hadn't even decided what form of lightsaber combat to master. But Kenobi's Soresu at the end of the clone wars was a masterpeice.

How could Darth Maul beat Master Kenobi as easily as you say?

Because he beat Anoon Banderas.

And don't bother, man. I've been trying to argue the same point you rarguign to no avail. The novels felate Maul to the point where he is invincible.

Council#13
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Cause he's Jango Fett.

That is the best response I have ever seen. laughing out loud

nmensfinest
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Jango, how can he take him.

Well his incredible marksmanship combined with his versatile and highly effective gadgets could give him the win, imho. For example, his jet-pack would keep him safe and away from Maul's saber, his rockets could prove extremely lethal, as could his flame thrower if Maul managed to get too close. Not saying that I think Jango's more powerful than Maul, not at all, but under the right circumstances he could defeat him, and he's the weakest one that I can think of who could do that.

Quark_666
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Because he beat Anoon Banderas.

Really? Well, by the same logic, a Kenobi fan could say that Kenobi beat Maul, Grievous and Skywalker, and the argument would be over.

But the argument isn't over, because determining who is better goes a lot deeper then just who won.

darthsith19
Maul beat Quigon because they were in an enclosed space and Quigon, a master of ataro, wasn't good in enclosed spaces.

Obi-Wan wasn't yet converted to Soresu at this time. He was still trying to master ataro. As a natural born Soresu user though, he still put up an impressive fight against Maul before his inferior force-power allowed Maul to throw him in the hole.

Maul took on ONE Jedi for most of that fight. When they were both fighting him, Maul jumped away. Oh, he jumped away real fancy, but he still jumped away. He rarely crossed light sabers with both of them.

Even without his apprentice in an enclosed space against a highly aggressive fighter in his prime, Quigon did real well. He was actually winning until he got tired and was forced to go defensive.

Maul is good, but you overestimate him.
1. Why would the enclosed space hurt Qui-Gon anymore than it hurt Maul, with his saber that is twice as long as Qui-Gon's is? Plus, it wasn't that inclosed. I used to use this same arguement and it got squashed (likely by Advent). Watch the film again, cause the room with the hole in it isn't small at all.

2. Actually, for at least half the fight Maul took on two Jedi - he wasn't at full strength and he still matched them. Jinn did good on his own? Hardly - he lost in 30 seconds flat. Not terrible, but by no means was is close.

3. How was Jinn winning when he was on the offensive? Just cause Maul was being driven back doesn't mean that he was losing.

4. Yes, Maul was jumping away when he fought them 2 on 1, because that's the form he uses. How does this affect his power in the least? if anything it makes him stronger because he fought them both at once and matched them.

Quark_666
Okay, you win. I keep forgetting I'm dealing with experts here...

But I still think a lot of people overestimate Maul.

darthsith19
Experts? I'm really just a Maul expert and also know a lot about Bane, Kas'im, Ulic, and pretty much all that is known about Ragnos. I don
t know if I'd call myself an expert all around though. You seem pretty cool for a new guy, though.

Quark_666
Thanks. cool

BlaxicanHydra
Really? Well, by the same logic, a Kenobi fan could say that Kenobi beat Maul, Grievous and Skywalker, and the argument would be over.

But the argument isn't over, because determining who is better goes a lot deeper then just who won.

it was a joke. Believe it or not, Kenobi and Mace are my favorite Star Wars characters of all time.

Quark_666
Oops...Sorry embarrasment

Mine too...except I also like Nick Rostu.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by nmensfinest
Well his incredible marksmanship combined with his versatile and highly effective gadgets could give him the win, imho. For example, his jet-pack would keep him safe and away from Maul's saber, his rockets could prove extremely lethal, as could his flame thrower if Maul managed to get too close. Not saying that I think Jango's more powerful than Maul, not at all, but under the right circumstances he could defeat him, and he's the weakest one that I can think of who could do that.

Maybe under the right circumstances, he would have a small chance of victory, but on a neutral ground, Maul takes him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.