The Forest moon of endor question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hord
I was just wondering wouldn't the moon's surface been have been greatly damaged due to the second death star's explosion. The death star was like a moon orbiting another moon. The explosion should have devastated the surface but didn't. Thought's please.

alterangel
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I was just wondering wouldn't the moon's surface been have been greatly damaged due to the second death star's explosion. The death star was like a moon orbiting another moon. The explosion should have devastated the surface but didn't. Thought's please.

Debri from the explosion cause damage but not the explosion from space

im just speculating, but maybe the explosion didnt cause damage cause that energy doesnt travel through space or something

Darth Hord
Originally posted by alterangel
Debri from the explosion cause damage but not the explosion from space

im just speculating, but maybe the explosion didnt cause damage cause that energy doesnt travel through space or something

Ley's say that the forest moon was earth and the death star was its moon, If it were to blow up the debris should have crashed to the moon and do something similar to what happen to the dinosaurs. But the explosion could have made the debris smaller And it might have been burnt in the atmosphere. But I just think it is weird considering the size and proximity of the death star to the endor moon that they is no damage mentioned.

xxxpoppunker182
Ley's say that the forest moon was earth and the death star was its moon, If it were to blow up the debris should have crashed to the moon and do something similar to what happen to the dinosaurs. But the explosion could have made the debris smaller And it might have been burnt in the atmosphere. But I just think it is weird considering the size and proximity of the death star to the endor moon that they is no damage mentioned.

what do you mean? the death star is small compared to the Forrest moon

Darth Hord
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
what do you mean? the death star is small compared to the Forrest moon

I never said the death star is small. It is the moon of the moon. Which means it is big when you compare it to the moon. Making the forest moon look like it is a planet and the death star is its moon,. I said the debris from the explosion could have been small enough to burn in the atmosphere.

Rampant ox
Because it would have ruined the happy ending somewhat..

"No, its not like that at all. He's my broth... *crushed by falling debris*"

vader11
Becuase Death Star was very small compare to Endor! Unlike moon & earth, in which moon is not small compare to earth. stick out tongue

alterangel
But I just think it is weird considering the size and proximity of the death star to the endor moon that they is no damage mentioned.

actually ive read reverances and seen comics that dipicted endor and there was a lot of debris and huge craters with big metal pieces sticking out of them

ill find them if i have to but id rather not it was a lame comic about a stranded rebel and stranded scout trooper who got left behind on endor and finally gave up and became friends and just found out the war was over i think it was in Tales 5

ThoraxeRMG
Revan saved them all. big grin

xxxpoppunker182
I never said the death star is small. It is the moon of the moon. Which means it is big when you compare it to the moon. Making the forest moon look like it is a planet and the death star is its moon,. I said the debris from the explosion could have been small enough to burn in the atmosphere.

in your other post you made it sound like the death star was big enough that it would decimate the Forest moon when it exploded.

but ya i'm sure there were some debris fallin onto the forest moon

Darth Hord
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
in your other post you made it sound like the death star was big enough that it would decimate the Forest moon when it exploded.

but ya i'm sure there were some debris fallin onto the forest moon

I was theorizing that it is it is a moon's moon meaning if a big piece of debris it could cause serious damage and who knows if it was big enough it could potentially cause something similar to the dinosaur extinction but it is not likely since most debris would have been to small and probably at most the size of a meteorite.

Tangible God
Depends on just how close the Death Star was to the planet. And that was a big explosion, there won't be a hell of a lot of chunks big enough to survive a decent through the atmosphere.

As for the potential radiation poisoning: Who knows? Perhaps the Alliance helped capture large debris, or disperse radiation. The moon is shown in later EU works with little to no mention of any damage to the planet's surface.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Because it would have ruined the happy ending somewhat..

"No, its not like that at all. He's my broth... *crushed by falling debris*"

laughing out loud

Marxman
There's no matter in space for an explosion to do any damage to anything. The only thing that could do damage is debris and you can tell from the movie that the explosion pretty much vaporized everything. There wasn't much flying around after the explosion on either of the death star explosions, except for the weird ring of energy that came from it. So the fact that you don't really see pieces means that if there was any that it would probably be small enough to be burnt away while entering any atmosphere.

dadudemon
My two cents?

Well, if the death star is as large as I think it is, then the velocity of the explosion was faster than the speed of light...meaning it couldn't happen...meaning that it is fantasy...meaning it is for entertainment...meaning this thread is done.

ocod
Originally posted by dadudemon
My two cents?

Well, if the death star is as large as I think it is, then the velocity of the explosion was faster than the speed of light...meaning it couldn't happen...meaning that it is fantasy...meaning it is for entertainment...meaning this thread is done.

It's been said the Death Star is > 900km in diameter. So let's say 1000km... actually, we can even say it's the size of the Earth (12,756km in diameter) to help my following point weigh-in; and also to cover whatever size you "think it is." With light speed understood to be roughly 300,000km/s, you could imagine the light radiating from the blast would create an approximate 600,000km diamater sphere of observation after merely a single second. So even with this utterly over-stated, Earth-sized model; the explosion radius would have to reach a size greater than 50 times that of the Death Star each second to be moving faster than light; and if we use the original size model it comes up to 50 times in radius after only .0833 of a second. Do you think this is what you saw? How ab

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.