Burn Notice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Macabre
Did anyone catch the premier of this show a week ago? This television series follows agent Michael Westen (played by Jeffrey Donovan), who is abandoned by all his normal intelligence contacts. Unsure why he's been "burned," he begins to work as a freelance spy and investigator as he tries to find out what happened.

Here's the official site: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/

I thought it was great; a good mix of comedy and action. Thoughts?

vivando-loca
never heard of it. sounds kinda cool, though.

Entity
Man I've seen the previews and it looks pretty damn interesting. I normally really like him in all the characters he plays. He was pretty damn awesome in the Pretender as Kyle as well. Sorry ain't got a chance to watch it yet thou, had allot of stuff going on in life and I don't even know what times it comes on.

I really want to catch it and check it out thou.

Solo
Bruce Campbell, I'll give it a chance.

InnerRise
The show was good enough. I'll continue to watch.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
First show was pretty good. I'm sure it will get even better.

D-Wag
I thought the first 2 episodes were good enough for me to follow the series smile

seppeh
Haven't missed an episode. Definitely my favorite show on right now.

forumcrew
i thought the pilot was terrible. The beginning was one of the worst written things I have ever seen on TV. I was sad to see Bruce Campbell associated with it. I will say though it was gotten a bit better but its still a bit of a joke.

JLred
I didn't find a thread about it...confused

Does anyone else like this show on USA?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This is a fair show. It could be a little better.

JLred
did you see the new episode?

his friend Sam i think...i think he is the host for Spider-man 3 and he mentioned Spider-Man on the new episode..

InnerRise
Original Thread.

RoguePw25
Threads Merged

JLred
cool...?

yeah Bruce Campbell comes out on Spider-man 2 and 3 and he is the host for Spider-man 3....

On Burn Notice they're talking about people who have one name...like Cristo , Madonna and then Bruce Campbell says "like Spider-man"

JLred
New ep. next thursday at 10/9 c 2nd to last i think...

InnerRise
????

Next Thursday will be the SEASON FINALE, which lasts for 2 hours.

From 9pm to 11pm, which means it starts an hour earlier than usual.

JLred
Originally posted by InnerRise
????

Next Thursday will be the SEASON FINALE, which lasts for 2 hours.

From 9pm to 11pm, which means it starts an hour earlier than usual.

my bad...

how do you always find my mistakes...

is it comprehensible...

InnerRise
I've got you marked.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

shugie99
Any Burn Notice fans? Just got into the show and now I am kind of obsessed with it! This new season is really good, I think its safe to say this is one of the best shows on TV right nowsmile I am so excited about the new episode tonight! Anyone out there watching?

kodak
i wanted to watch it when it first came out, but i've never seen it on tv.

shugie99
Originally posted by kodak
i wanted to watch it when it first came out, but i've never seen it on tv.

Oh yeah? Well it comes on every Thursday at 10pm and if you are having problems with that you can also catch up on the USA website. I just watched 2 episodes! USA website.

BruceSkywalker
Gabrielle Anwar is a M.I.L.F.

shugie99
LOL yeah she is pretty hot! I was watching it last night and Fi did this whole angry girlfriend bit and she looked pretty hot out there! I secretly hate her! Also, Carla was not bad looking either but we have not seen much of her so far.

starlock
I admit to jumping on to this series...late!...but what a great show....i cant get enough, excellent actors and writers.....top notch show

Darth Macabre
New episodes in a month!

starlock
Great News!...i have also finally caught up to the 2nd season.....i think i am 3 episodes behind...so by the time i watch them....i will be right on track smile

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by starlock
Great News!...i have also finally caught up to the 2nd season.....i think i am 3 episodes behind...so by the time i watch them....i will be right on track smile Oh, man, the summer season finale for Season 2 was awesome.

Raoul
ive been loving this show, i didnt know there was a thread for it...

it's one of the few shows i have to keep up to date on...

ariwin
Have you all seen the new promo yet? They are playing it on the Burn Notice website... it looks AWESOME and totally got me pumped for January 22.

I'm really curious to learn more about who burned him this season. Any theories?

IheartPocky
eek! One of my favorite shows!!! I love it!

Movie tragic
Enjoyable show. Love Michael's weekly 'charity' missions.

Darth Macabre
A week from today, new episodes. w00t

starlock
I cant wait...i am 1 1/2 episodes behind...and i plan on watching them tonight...so i will be all caught up and anticipating the return!

Darth Macabre
Tomorrow!

Raoul
i just realised... woot

can't wait.

ariwin
We're so close... so psyched for tomorrow.

Bruce Campbell did a cool Q&A session about the show... doesn't give too many spoilers, but it does hint that there may be bigger villains besides Carla. Verrrry interesting.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105372/brucecampbellburn_interview.php

SpikeSpiegel
I just bought the complete first season on iTunes, and I have to say that I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for season 2 to be shown.

starlock
I finally caught up with all the episodes...so i am very excited for the return.

Darth Macabre
Man, it was awesome. I wonder who the "new" power is that even has Carly nervous about?

Raoul
watched it, and i have to say, they really made a big start to the rest of the season. so much happening in one episode...

ariwin
Did anyone play the Cover Ops game last summer? They have it up again on the USA website again and it's awesome. Basically you join Michael's 'crew' and go on missions and all... plus you can win some pretty sick prizes.

Thought I would pass it on... I got totally hooked on it yesterday.
http://burnnoticeops.com/

Wolfie
This is probably my favorite show on TV right now. It's cool. It's action-packed. It's funny. And it has Bruce Campbell doing what he does best.

Is it just me or is it that you NEVER see Michael eat or drink anything but yogurt?

starlock
Finally got to watch the season opener..or the begining of the second half....i loved it...lots going on and the element of intrigue is heating up thumb up

ariwin
So what do you guys think about the most recent ep's? I think last week's with the art dealer was really fun... and a pretty sick car explosion towards the end there, huh?

This week Michael is going to be... a bank robber? Stay tuned!

starlock
I think this show is a gem...every episode seems to satisfy..i gotta give it to the creators and writers.....and the cast is just perfect....the recent episodes were awesome.

Raoul
really enjoyed the bank robbery ep. very well done, and it was nice to see michael make a friend rather than an enemy...

starlock
This show still delivers the goods..always a top notch episode!

Darth Macabre
Wow, great episode! I wonder what is in store for Michael next season? Enemies coming from his past to get revenge? After all, the company is no longer protecting him.

starlock
Great season ending....cant wait for the return.. thumb up

Raoul
Great season ending....cant wait for the return.. thumb up

couldnt agree more, twas awesome. and such a twist in seeing that victor wasn't actually that evil.

i still cant think of carla as anything other than caprica 6 though... laughing out loud

starlock
Originally posted by Raoul
couldnt agree more, twas awesome. and such a twist in seeing that victor wasn't actually that evil.

i still cant think of carla as anything other than caprica 6 though... laughing out loud

Talk about type cast laughing ...i think the same thing when i see her...and wow..if victor was correct..she was one bad mother****

ariwin
Time to start talking about season 3... the show's coming back in just a couple weeks!

Any guesses what's going to happen? I know there's a new character joining the cast, a cop obsessed with finding out the truth about Michael... beyond that, I'm wondering what's going to happen with Management now.

starlock
I think June 4th is the return date....thank the gods!....a great show returns smile

Darth Macabre
Four days! w00t So apparently the Company was also protecting Michael from the Cops, or rather that's according to the episode informationg off of Tivo. That's awesome, I'm thinking that's what this season is going to be about, Michael trying to do his thing without getting the cops to catch him.

Darth Macabre
Tomorrow! woot

starlock
Happy Dance

Darth Macabre
Absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait to see where this season is going, whether Michael will return to his job or not.

starlock
I finally got to see the season opener....great episode.....i am behind...but i plan on watching every episode eventually smile

Darth Macabre
I finally got to see the season opener....great episode.....i am behind...but i plan on watching every episode eventually smile Last Thursday's episode was great.

Darth Macabre
Looks like this Strickler guy is going to be helping Michael out, eh?

-Pr-
seems like he did during last night's episode.

that was some moment between michael and fiona though... intense.

-Pr-
anyone see the last episode? awesome.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by -Pr-
anyone see the last episode? awesome.
yea mike,uhh...offing certin people,was one of the best secenes of the entire series.definately a CMOA

-Pr-
Originally posted by gobstakid777
yea mike,uhh...offing certin people,was one of the best secenes of the entire series.definately a CMOA

indeed. fcker had it coming too.

ariwin
Bumping cause new episodes are starting January 21! Woo hoo! Any thoughts on what the new season will bring?

-Pr-
Originally posted by ariwin
Bumping cause new episodes are starting January 21! Woo hoo! Any thoughts on what the new season will bring?

hopefully more "when you're a spy..." moments.

Shey Tapani
Finally some hope.

ariwin
I'm personally excited that Michael's gonna be on his own again, just like the old days.. AND i'm really looking forward to finding out who killed Diego...

One Free Man
second season was a pattern show

Dr Mystery
I noticed no posts on this thread for a while. Any comments on season 4 so far?

Darth Macabre
Simon's no joke, I love that character.

Dr Mystery
I enjoyed the last episode, first time I've actually feared for Michael.

Fiscella
This show has stylish, cheaply made and lots of fun.

spam removed

Fiscella
Love it!! I believe you'll thoroughly enjoy it!

spam removed

starlock
Still love this show, cant wait for the season finale

Mindset
Still love this show, cant wait for the season finale Season finale is coming up already?

Digi
Yeah, it's tonight. Also, I <3 this show.

Mindset
Is it 2 hours?

Digi
Yes, it was

Digi
New episodes soon, I think. I remember seeing the preview for them when that Sam prequel movie was on last week.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
New episodes soon, I think. I remember seeing the preview for them when that Sam prequel movie was on last week.

I thought it wasn't back until August?

Digi
Oh. Maybe.

Lestov16
June 23rd. Can't wait

Digi
Good times as usual. There's more, yeah? They kinda wrapped up the plotline with this last one.

mike7184
I just love to watch this show and its one of my favorite TV show.

-Pr-
Anyone been watching the new episodes? Holy shit @ last one.

Digi
I have been but I think I'm 1 behind you. Will be catching up soon, this is one of the few shows I'm still watching anymore.

Mindset
I love this show.

I thought the, "who burned me?", might get trite, but they're doing it well.

Digi
It's been formulaic for a while, but it's a formula I enjoy.

Last episode was good.

-Pr-
Anyone still watching this?

MooCowofJustice
I watched the new one last night.

Mindset
I am.

-Pr-
thumb up

I like the way they've made Michael get darker and darker as the seasons have gone on, like we're being allowed to see what he was like as an agent.

Mindset
Yea, it never made much sense to me why Michael never killed.

Since, from all accounts of his spy days, he had no problem with killing.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, it never made much sense to me why Michael never killed.

Since, from all accounts of his spy days, he had no problem with killing.

Yeah. I can see him trying to be the good guy, but in episodes with Card (obviously), and then his run ins with Strickler and Sizemore, you could see that Michael had a line, and if you pushed him past it, shit could get ugly for you.

He started to come across as a guy that wanted to be good and wanted to do the right thing, but was ultimately someone that had no problem pulling the trigger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.