Depa Billaba vs. Anoon Bondara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Both in their primes. According to Yoda, only Mace is capable ot beating Depa Billaba, and Mace views her saber skills as greater than his own (which is utter bullshit). Meanwhile, Bondara is considered the order's finest sowrdsman (also bullshit, Yoda is better) and one of the order's finest warriors.

Who wins? Takes place on Mustafar.

ThoraxeRMG
Bondara?

alterangel
cant we just say that the lava wins?

BlaxicanHydra
Well, Anoon got whooped by Maul. Hence, he wins.

Count Makashi
We don't know how good Depa is in a fight, so Maul by default.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Count Makashi
We don't know how good Depa is in a fight, so Maul by default.
That's great, because Maul isn't in this thread. And, actually, we do see Depa fight in Shatterpoint. She demolishes an entire republic gunship full of clones.

Yes, Anoon Bondara.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anoon_Bondara

jollyjim311
Close. They are probably rough equals in sheer blade-work, with a small (but not insignificant) edge to Anoon. Depa, however, is a Vaapad practitioner, and they style is very aggressive and unpredictable. However, Anoon is known for his adaptability. Depa may also have a physical edge, but Anoon has an undeniable edge in experience and general understanding of combat and the force. It could go either way.

kamhal
One thing: hadn't Vos defeated Depa?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Depa probably loses

BlaxicanHydra
Anoon 10/10

vader11
I would say Anoon, but really close.

darthsith19
Originally posted by kamhal
One thing: hadn't Vos defeated Depa?
Not that I know of. When did that happen?

Quark_666
Originally posted by darthsith19
actually, we do see Depa fight in Shatterpoint. She demolishes an entire republic gunship full of clones.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anoon_Bondara

In Shatterpoint, we see a lot more then that from Depa. She also deflected fast shots from multiple ships from a moving ship, sending every shot back into the shatterpoint of that ship. She also beat her master, Mace Windu, who had recently defeated 3 Balawai gunships after they had flamed the entire field he was fighting in.

But I have to agree, if Depa doesn't win with her strength and her Vaapad skill in the first sixty seconds, she looses, because Anoon adapts to her form and kills her.

Since it is so close, though, I'd like to believe they both fall in the lava.

darthsith19
When did Depa beat Mace? confused

vader11
Both in their primes. According to Yoda, only Mace is capable ot beating Depa Billaba, and Mace views her saber skills as greater than his own (which is utter bullshit). Meanwhile, Bondara is considered the order's finest sowrdsman (also bullshit, Yoda is better) and one of the order's finest warriors.

Who wins? Takes place on Mustafar. What's your opinion then?

Pwned61
Anoon takes this. If Anoon was a dark side user, then Depa's vaapad would probably tip the scales, but obviously that doesn't fit here.

Quark_666
When did Depa beat Mace? confused

In the book Shatterpoint, after Vastor and Billipa killed the clones, Windu and Rostu moved in and Mace got in a fight with Depa. I guess the fight wasn't totally fair because he didn't even realize she was alive until she stabbed him, but the stab wasn't lethal and Mace was fully conscious after the fight that ensued. Also, he lost because at the time he feared the dark side too much to sink into Shatterpoint, while Depa had already joined the dark side. Have you read Shatterpoint?

darthsith19
Originally posted by vader11
What's your opinion then?
I'm unsure - this was asked to me at tfn and I didn't know so I posted it here.

Yes, I have read it, it's my favorite Star Wars book. What I remember is Mace and Depa fought and Mace refused to hurt her because she was his old apprentice, and he was injured and exhausted, and trying not to hurt her, but in the end, she collapsed from exhaustion and he was the only one in the room left standing. Depa, Nick Rostu, Kar Vastor, and all the Akk Guards were all on the ground dead or else knocked out. Does that sound right to you? I'm sure somebody around here can back me up on that.

Quark_666

tulakhordpwns
but Anoon has an undeniable edge in experience and general understanding of combat and the force. It could go either way.

where does it say that

and Depa doesn't collapse from exhaustion, she stabs herself with her lightsaber because she realizes what she has done

darthsith19
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
where does it say that

and Depa doesn't collapse from exhaustion, she stabs herself with her lightsaber because she realizes what she has done
Oh, okay, but still, she was only ever beating Mace because Mace was injured and was unwilling to hurt her.

tulakhordpwns
true, but anoon isn't as good as Mace

darthsith19
True, I'm just saying we can't judge Depa by that duel since we don't know what would have happened if Mace had been at full strength and had been trying his hardest to kill her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.