Godfather or Goodfellas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colonelf40
Which is the better Mafia movie and which is the better movie overall?

im going with Goodfellas cause i can never get bored of that film and its got better characters like Jimmy/Tommy/Henry/Paulie and not to forget Billy!

what do you guys think?

BackFire
Personally, I enjoy Goodfellas much more.

ragesRemorse
I think godfather is more timeless, epic and just better made, but yeah can watch goodfella's more often than the godfather

exanda kane
I simply can't choose. If it was The Godfather 2 and Goodfellas, I'd choose The Godfather 2, but this..eugh.

Count Makashi
I liked Goodfellas better, the Godfather tyred to show the Mafia to honorable.

Deano
dont compare the two please

ADarksideJedi
I never got into the GoodFellas even through it was about the mod too.Like the Godfather movies really good!jm

sithsaber408
Both.

Tie goes to Pacino, however.

His characters story arc and acting is better than any of the three leads in Goodfellas.

LoneUnknown
I'd say Goodfellas. I really liked the Godfather but I have to be in the mood to watch it. I can watch Goodfellas anytime, it never gets boring.

Solo
Goodfellas is a mess, while The Godfather is a near masterpiece.

Deathblow
Apart from Donnie Brasco, I can't think of a single movie that clashes as heavily with The Godfather, in terms of the portrayal of the mafia family system, as GoodFellas. Godfather is an old-fashioned epic, GoodFellas is basically a biopic. In any case, they're very different films and they shouldn't really be compared in such a general way.

Saying that, I'd vote for The Godfather if I had to.

exanda kane
I always found Donnie Brasco a little "breezy". They are completely different takes on the lifestyle though, yet because both of them are at the top of their game, its hard not to think of the comparison.

K.Diddy
reading Goodfella's easy

erm I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't like the Godfather,I watched the first one,found it quite boring and too long and watched half the second one,same thing

DarthLazious
Godfather all the way.

MildPossession
Goodfellas for me.

SnakeEyes
The Godfather; although I've only seen Goodfellas once and that was a long time ago.

Welt
The Godfather easily.

reggie3181
goodfellas, watch it everytime its on

Kovacs86
The Godfather.

Goodfellas is great, and Scorsese is an infinitely more consistent director than Coppola (who's made 3/ 4 masterpieces but otherwise has actually sucked rather a lot) but Goodfellas isn't one of his best films, in my opinion. But to compare the two is trivialises both, especially as such different films, really.

Mindship
The Godfather is a more cerebral movie. Goodfellas is more a rousin' good time. Both are great flicks, but I can watch Goodfellas over and over again. The Godfather...gotta be in the mood.

Myth
Godfather seems like a better crafted movie, while Goodfellas was more entertaining. I went with Goodfellas in the vote.

BruceSkywalker
I love both... But The Godfather is simply the better of the two

Saskaswan
The Godfather

FistOfThe North
Goodfellas, no doubt. "3 decades of life in the mafia"

Best line:
Best scene: The Joe Pesci / Ray Liotta at that bar 'n grill when Joe was pretending to be offended by being called funny by ray liotta. And when Ray found out his wife flushed his coke cause the feds were banging at the door and how he flipped when he kept banging on that dresser.

The Godfather's more soapy and slow paced. it's good but i haven't watched it as often as i could have.

Now Goodfellas is a must own dvd. imo, it's the mest mafia movie ever produced.

I remember knowing like 85% of the movies lines when i was younger, and i still probably can recite most of the movie.

the soundtrack is still my most favorite of any film.

My watchablility scale with the two:

Goodfellas 7/10
Godfather 3/10

So basically for everytime 10 times the movie plays whether on dvd or tv, say for example goodfellas, i'd watch it fully about 7 times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.