Does anyone know the sizes of the Transformers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
How tall is:

Optimus
Omega Supreme
Any Gestalt
Metroplex
Fortress Maximus.

Scythe
I'll look into this soon.

Sadako of Girth
Devastator was meant to be 60ft if, memory serves..... That may give you some frame of reference compared to Omega Supreme and Prime.
(I think it was 35ft-ish for Prime according to the info released in Masterpiece Prime's Japanese booklet.)

Maximus was bigger than that in both comic and cartoon... Probably like 100ft, at a guess.
Metroplex was probably the biggest out of the ones you mention. That guy had to be like 600ft or something...

Alpha Centauri
It varies depending on what the writers want to do with them.

Astrotrain was no bigger than a regular Decepticon, but for all intents and purposes was able to fit Devestator inside him for some reason.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Yup. Im going off of Bob Budiansky's original/marvel's specs. (That sunbow marvellously would as you say, ignore on multiple occasions.)

The mass shifting thing with the astrotrain incident: Ive always just read it that astrotrain changes mass/size, rather than the TFs changing to fit inside. All very Tardis like isn't it..? stick out tongue Pretzel-logictastic.

Like in the 1st three part TF cartoon episodes where you see Bumblebee fitting inside Ironhide. (oo-er!) And inside Wheeljack on Cybertron right at the beginning.. Skyfire..... The list goes on.

roughrider
Forget the cartoon for logic. They just did whatever they wanted. Characters flew who shouldn't, robot sizes varied constantly...

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by roughrider
Forget the cartoon for logic. They just did whatever they wanted. Characters flew who shouldn't, robot sizes varied constantly...

Among to mention:

Their was a shot of grimlock going up against some army tanks that were controlled by a super computer...........he puts the whole tank in his mouth so he's like the size of godzilla.

In the movie, and the whole Deceticon brawl inside of astrotrain. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

There is also an episode where Blitzwing, Starscream, and astrotrain team-up togther. One part Blitzwing takes over a sports stadium and walks into the locker room. So there he is standing a HUMAN locker room and throws a coach into a locker which appear to be 30ft tall.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah... I've decided the G1 series is unintentionally comical.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/bruticushavestrongcrotch.jpg

OB1-adobe
Same can be said about the toys.

Metroplex was no bigger than devastator

Scythe
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/bruticushavestrongcrotch.jpg

And thus Starscream learns his lesson about the birds and the bees!

Darkstorm Zero
Lol.

I think Fortress Maximus was the largest there, followed by Metroplex, then Omega Supreme, General Gestalt sizes then follow, and then Prime.

This is bassed on the Japanese Heamaster toons though, they made Fort Max consistently larger size... and Metroplex about a 3rd his size...

roughrider
The super robots came in two different sizes.
The combine ones like Devastator, Superion et al. were maybe five times taller than a large robot like Optimus Prime. But the mega robots - Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Trypticon et al - were nearly twice the size of the combine giants.

Alpha Centauri
Computron didn't seem to be five times bigger than Grimlock, but I see what you're saying.

-AC

Scythe
I remember seeing this hardcover book awhile ago that was off the same type of books that went into technical detail to Gundam specs, but it was about TF's. I tried looking it up, but had no luck.

Darkstorm Zero
Omega Supreme wasn't really that much larger than an average Gestalt.. maybe a full head and shoulders taller, but no more than that.

Scythe
So what would be Primus' size be?

Darkstorm Zero
He was generally bitween Devastators Mid Calf (Halfway up Mixmaster's mixing drum in Leg Mode) to knee height (Just past Mixmaster's mixing drum).

Scythe
So what's Unicron's size?

Darkstorm Zero
Hard to say... Comics have him around 31,000 miles across (From pole to pole in planet mode) approximately half the size of Saturn. However, he has been quoted as far reaching as 72,000 miles (Same Size as Saturn, A.K.A. the same size as Cybertron).

But toons can have him ranging from a few dozen miles to just over 1,000 miles pole to pole in planet mode.

Comics Unicron however, was a beast.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Scythe
So what would be Primus' size be?

Sorry, I thought you meant Optimus Prime's size...

Primus is Cybertron, Comics have Cybertron as 72,000 miles from pole to pole.

But the Toons can range in size from "A Small Asteroid" to "Pretty bloody huge" Although the smaller sizes are definitely more common.

Scythe
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Sorry, I thought you meant Optimus Prime's size...

Primus is Cybertron, Comics have Cybertron as 72,000 miles from pole to pole.

But the Toons can range in size from "A Small Asteroid" to "Pretty bloody huge" Although the smaller sizes are definitely more common.

So overall, who's bigger, Primus or Unicron?

Darkstorm Zero
They are sometimes quoted at equal size, but generally Unicron is about half the size of Cybertron in there respective planet moes, so it's generally accepted that Unicron is the smaller of the two as far as I know.

Scythe
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
They are sometimes quoted at equal size, but generally Unicron is about half the size of Cybertron in there respective planet moes, so it's generally accepted that Unicron is the smaller of the two as far as I know.

I see. Thanks.

CarlB
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
How tall is:

Optimus
Omega Supreme
Any Gestalt
Metroplex
Fortress Maximus.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking into this. Please note my answers are from the G1 UK comics, and partly from well-drawn parts of the cartoons (esp Transformers the Movie).

I got my answers from looking up answers in the letters page, looking at the Transformers Universe, reading the comics (once or twice heights are mentioned), the Annuals, and scaling off the TF Movie. Overall I spent a full week on this.....no insults please.

OK, here we go:

Small Transformers (Bumblebee, Rumble etc) seem to be around 8-9 feet tall. I'm pretty sure they'd beat the Terminator in a fight due to better technology etc, and they're a bit bigger as well.

Medium sized Transformers (Jazz, Ironhide etc) seem to be around the 20 foot mark.

Medium / Large robots (Starscream) seem to be about 30 feet tall.

Large Robots: (Optimus / Megatron / Shockwave / Soundwave / Dinobots in robot mode) seem to be about 35 feet tall. In the TF Universe Shockwave is described as maintaining equal size with his gun mode which is "over 35 feet long". So 35 feet seems right, especially when I compared with Devastator who's size is mentioned.

Giant Robots vary a lot:
Bruticus is one of the shortest, 50-55 feet.
Devastator is one of the tallest at "over 60 feet tall" (TF Universe) which by my measurement = 64 feet. Menasor/Defensor/Superion are probably in the high 50's.
Predaking is the largest (and strongest) of all the combining Transformers and his height is specifically mentioned in the comics as 80 feet.
By my measurement Omega Supreme is 95 feet tall. Contrary to the cartoon's depiction, Trypticon is about the same size, though shorter because of his design.
Metroplex's height is specifically mentioned at 697 feet.
Unicron is as big as a small planet, and he grows as he eats.

TXP101
Trypticon is the same size as Omega Supreme?

Jeeze, this just destroys my childhood. (and to think that Trypticon could actually fight Metroplex/Scramble City)

sad

TXP101
I guess War for Cybertron got it right after all...

kareen21
Optimus, the tall is same as trailer...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.