Do attractive women really have a choice or free will?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Do you think that attractive women have free will? Think of an attractive female as a stone, and the more the stone shines, the more people want the stone and will do anything to obtain it, however, the person's feelings (as in wondering if that person feels the same) isn't considered?

Are attractive women nothing but robots or automatons? It's kinda like, she's pretty and I want her, no matter what. Instead of how does she feel?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
Do you think that attractive women have free will? Think of an attractive female as a stone, and the more the stone shines, the more people want the stone and will do anything to obtain it, however, the person's feelings (as in wondering if that person feels the same) isn't considered?

Are attractive women nothing but robots or automatons? It's kinda like, she's pretty and I want her, no matter what. Instead of how does she feel?

The whole free will vs determinism debate, doesn't alter according to appearance, either we all have free will or none of us do.

The last bit of your post completely goes off the point. According to that logic, it's not the woman who doesn't have free will, it's the people desiring her. Surely though, desiring something is an aspect of free will.

Lady Flex
I think its ultimately up to the individual to make their choices...its the people around you that effect you so surround yourself in people that keep you going...that's just my two cents

Bardock42

They do have free will.

Lara
i guess that it depends on the observers obsessional tendancies.
but no one cannot be forced to do anything one doesnt want to participate in reguardless.

Fishy
Yes.

Mindship

Are attractive women nothing but robots or automatons? It's kinda like, she's pretty and I want her, no matter what. Instead of how does she feel? How does she feel?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mindship
How does she feel? To be on her own.

Czarina_Czarina
How does she feel?

The lack of freewill.

I wonder if any attractive females (or just sought after female) felt being maneuvered like a chess piece into positions that would win that guy something in his favor, but based on your own desire, the feeling of being pushed in that direction or position?

Fishy
The lack of freewill.

I wonder if any attractive females (or just sought after female) felt being maneuvered like a chess piece into positions that would win that guy something in his favor, but based on your own desire to be pushed that way?

Of course some are, I'd imagine the pressure on fat people would be far greater though.

Quiero Mota
The lack of freewill.

I wonder if any attractive females (or just sought after female) felt being maneuvered like a chess piece into positions that would win that guy something in his favor, but based on your own desire, the feeling of being pushed in that direction or position?

Did you intentionally make that sound dirty??

Bardock42
The lack of freewill.

But that's the case with anyone really. People are manipulated all the time. That doesn't mean that they don't have free will.

Mindship
The lack of freewill. I don't think "lack of free will" is a feeling. How does she feel about it? Is she likely to be sad? Angry? Numb (kinda dead inside)?

Violent2Dope
No one has a choice of free will but me, I control all your wills.

StyleTime

Are attractive women nothing but robots or automatons?
They're androids.

Bardock42
Originally posted by StyleTime
They're androids. Paranoid ones.

smoker4
Radiohead FTW

StyleTime
Originally posted by smoker4
Radiohead FTW
Thanks for stealing the subject matter of my response. Now I have to settle for a lame attempt at jocular sarcasm. Jerk.
Originally posted by Bardock42
Paranoid ones.
Paranoid Android......rhymes.

sad

Bardock42
Radiohead FTW

Haha, first Erik, now Thom, you just catch me quoting them folks constantly, don't you?

Bardock42
Originally posted by StyleTime
Thanks for stealing the subject matter of my response. Now I have to settle for lame attempt at jocular sarcasm. Jerk.

Paranoid Android......rhymes.

sad

hug

Czarina_Czarina
I don't think "lack of free will" is a feeling. How does she feel about it? Is she likely to be sad? Angry? Numb (kinda dead inside)?

Dead inside, controlled and numb. Me thinks that's like a slave or robot b/c her feelings are being ignored, she wouldn't want to kind of situation, yet, she notices it happening before her very eyes.

smoker4
Haha, first Erik, now Thom, you just catch me quoting them folks constantly, don't you?

I approve of your good taste in music, worried about your pron tastes though.

Bardock42
Dead inside, controlled and numb. Me thinks that's like a slave or robot b/c her feelings are being ignored, she wouldn't want to kind of situation, yet, she notices it happening before her very eyes. You tell me you like the taste
You just need an excuse
You tell me it calms your nerves
You just think it looks cool
You tell me you want to be different
You just change for the same
You tell me it's only natural
You just need the proof
Did you ****ing get it?

Fishy
Dead inside, controlled and numb. Me thinks that's like a slave or robot b/c her feelings are being ignored, she wouldn't want to kind of situation, yet, she notices it happening before her very eyes.

Any reason at all to believe all beautiful woman would feel like that?

Seriously what possible reason could you have for believing something like this.

debbiejo

Are attractive women nothing but robots or automatons? It's kinda like, she's pretty and I want her, no matter what. Instead of how does she feel? I haven't read anyones else reply yet. I think attractive women, like pretty stones, as you've said, shine a little more. But personality is a big plus. Unfortunately immature people don't look at that, only looks. So, attractive women need to keep their distance a little, shield themselves a little, be aware that human nature is what it is in regards to attraction, for their own protection. They have freewill as who to chose and not chose.

Mindship
Dead inside, controlled and numb. Me thinks that's like a slave or robot b/c her feelings are being ignored, she wouldn't want to kind of situation, yet, she notices it happening before her very eyes. Happening before her eyes? That sounds like she's starting out as a robot.

JToTheP
This isn't the Sims, everyone should have the ability to make choices each and everyday, and have the freedom to do as they please as long as it isn't illegal.

chillmeistergen

Basically, you're just expressing the jealousy you always accuse everyone else of holding.

Rogue Jedi

Are attractive women nothing but robots or automatons? It's kinda like, she's pretty and I want her, no matter what. Instead of how does she feel? not with a ten foot pole, my friend..... sad

ADarksideJedi
Everyone is pretty in the inside and out.It is very vain if you think of yourself as the prettiest girl in the world or land.Inleast that is what I think.jm

ragesRemorse

Im still lost on your question.

Are you asking what the perspective of a man towards an attractive woman is? I dont see any connection to this idea and free will.

Czarina_Czarina
You tell me you like the taste
You just need an excuse
You tell me it calms your nerves
You just think it looks cool
You tell me you want to be different
You just change for the same
You tell me it's only natural
You just need the proof
Did you ****ing get it?

yes, i do

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Im still lost on your question.

Are you asking what the perspective of a man towards an attractive woman is? I dont see any connection to this idea and free will.

well, let me give you an example (but I didn't think of this when I wrote the OPost).

I know a lady who tutored a guy and also had a work-out partner. From what she told me, she didn't know they knew each other. Years later, she and the guy she was tutoring live together and have a baby. She started seeing the guy from the gym again, and she fell in love. When he was proposing marrige to her, he told her that the other guy was involved in a bet with him to see who could land her. So, in a way, although she loved both men, she was kinda like a puppet.

Robtard
well, let me give you an example (but I didn't think of this when I wrote the OPost).

I know a lady who tutored a guy and also had a work-out partner. From what she told me, she didn't know they knew each other. Years later, she and the guy she was tutoring live together and have a baby. She started seeing the guy from the gym again, and she fell in love. When he was proposing marrige to her, he told her that the other guy was involved in a bet with him to see who could land her. So, in a way, although she loved both men, she was kinda like a puppet.

Oddly, that sounds like a movie script.

chillmeistergen
Czarina, you should write a book. I've got an idea for the title, how about:- 'Czarina's Anecdotes, Useful For Proving Non Existent Points. (90% Lies).'

Rogue Jedi
OK, I am going to go ahead and touch this......sometimes, SOMETIMES, beautiful women rely so much on others opinions of them that they do indeed become robots, programmable however you like. I have never met a woman like this, but they are out there.

gingercaily
Originally posted by Lady Flex
I think its ultimately up to the individual to make their choices...its the people around you that effect you so surround yourself in people that keep you going...that's just my two cents

I agree..Everyone has their free will or choice, doesn't matter if it is attractive or not, old or young,male or female..

vinz07
Yeah, every woman has its choice!

Rogue Jedi
they only have to exercise it.

Fishy

How is that so? I can guarantee you that any woman walking down the streets will be judged by at least 90% of the guys that walk by, the other 10% is either gay, blind or depressed.

It's just a fact of nature, it's what man do. We look, now when a hot girl comes by we will look more and we will be more interested especially if she's really hot. We will also want to go up to here more. It's just a fact of nature, and if two people want to bet about who will get her, then that has nothing to do with treating her like a puppet it's just arrogance and hoping to get some easy money.

What I don't understand however is how two people could be together for so long have a child and still not know each others friends... Strange story.

Rogue Jedi
fishy is right. we men are neanderthals. we check out almost anything with a skirt.

vinz07
thats your impression to most women but don't generalized it.DUDE!!!

Rogue Jedi
hey, any guy who denies it is a liar.

Fishy
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
fishy is right. we men are neanderthals. we check out almost anything with a skirt.

They can wear pants too, really doesn't matter

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Fishy
They can wear pants too, really doesn't matter as long as they dont have adams apples, right?

Bardock42

How so? Because two men wanted her?

It was still her decision.

Are you like a puppet when I call you a ****ing moron and make you by that like me less?

Rogue Jedi
How so? Because two men wanted her?

It was still her decision.

Are you like a puppet when I call you a ****ing moron and make you by that like me less? laughing out loud B!!!!!! laughing out loud

Fishy
as long as they dont have adams apples, right?

That is one of the most important things for them to not have.

Rogue Jedi
That is one of the most important things for them to not have. that in addition to armpit hair. sick

Lara
But that's the case with anyone really. People are manipulated all the time. That doesn't mean that they don't have free will.

ok some thing you 've said that I actually agree with eek! . you are very right.

dont get big headed about it though!

Rogue Jedi
Bardock? with a big head? never.

Lara
nah!, of course not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
really, what were you thinking?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lara
ok some thing you 've said that I actually agree with eek! . you are very right.

dont get big headed about it though! I am usually right. No offense.

Czarina_Czarina
How is that so? I can guarantee you that any woman walking down the streets will be judged by at least 90% of the guys that walk by, the other 10% is either gay, blind or depressed.

It's just a fact of nature, it's what man do. We look, now when a hot girl comes by we will look more and we will be more interested especially if she's really hot. We will also want to go up to here more. It's just a fact of nature, and if two people want to bet about who will get her, then that has nothing to do with treating her like a puppet it's just arrogance and hoping to get some easy money.

What I don't understand however is how two people could be together for so long have a child and still not know each others friends... Strange story.

It's a true story! (didn't happen to me, but someone who I knew)

JacopeX
If attractive women did notice, why can't they just let there looks go?

Lara
I am usually right. No offense.

that is so bigoted

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lara
that is so bigoted

Not really.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by JacopeX
If attractive women did notice, why can't they just let there looks go? because they are the epitome of vanity?

vinz07
All of us guys, women in particular have there own choice or will. We will respect them. They are not robots, anyway!!!

Dr. Zaius

I've looked at this post several times now and still don't know if I follow the reasoning completely. In the first paragraph you're talking about imitative or, triangular, desire - the tendency of the subject to ape the desires of of a rival/mediator. Per example, this type of subject might reason to himself, "I want what he wants because if he wants it, it must be worth having..." This desire is piqued even more, if the object in question is denied us by the rival who's desire we secretly copied in the first place. I believe this is what you're arguing for with your "shiney stone" metaphor. So far so good.

However, what has my imititative desire to do with the female object in question? (I use object here because in our discussion we are positing women as objects of desire and not as subjects in their own right). That is to say, why would my desiring an attractive woman, or any woman for that matter, have to do with her free will as a subject? She might be circumscribed by male desire on every side - by ingrained cultural messages, by biological impulse, by the progressively centripetal forces of imitative lust - but so what? Although she probably has limited choice in how these forces shape the impression of her public appearance, they certainly don't affect her prerogative to either act or not act on them. In fact, if she is a coquette and likes the role of sex symbol, then she can probably best boost that status by denying her various suitors and creating the impression that she is an unobtainable object - a sure fire strategy to escalate desire.

So, whether or not she adopts the mantle of sex symbol, the "hot girl" has subjective freedom in relation to male lust.

Psychomonkey09
If the woman is strong willed no matter how attractive she is she will have a choice in what she does. And anyone who tries to force her to d anything is a jerk.

ragesRemorse

Blah Blah Blah, go make me sammich ho

Tyrant
Originally posted by Psychomonkey09
If the woman is strong willed no matter how attractive she is she will have a choice in what she does. And anyone who tries to force her to d anything is a jerk. Not if she's sent from the past to our present, where men ruled, and women weren't allowed to leave the house.
Wait, that still happens...

Fishy
Originally posted by Tyrant
Not if she's sent from the past to our present, where men ruled, and women weren't allowed to leave the house.

They always have two choices...

That the options are less pleasant then the options for most other people doesn't really change the fact that they still have free will.

Darth Extecute

Everyone has a free will.. The question is just how much you yourself value your free will.. If it's not of high value to you, you can end up misserable..

debbiejo
Not if she's sent from the past to our present, where men ruled, and women weren't allowed to leave the house.
Wait, that still happens... Well, until they put on their vibrational transmitting device.. reading

Psychomonkey09

Like i said men who control their wife or girlfriend are jerks. Woman have the same rights that men do. We dont live in the past where the men had all the freedom and the woman were like slaves to there men.

Rogue Jedi
some women arent happy unless they are controlled, unless their decisions are made for them.

Mindship

I'm still not getting this exactly. Why wouldn't she have a choice?

Rogue Jedi
some women arent happy unless they are controlled, unless their decisions are made for them.

Psychomonkey09

Then in that case yes they are controlled but by there own will which is different then being controlled against their will.

chithappens
I'm still laughing @ how Czarina knows some of the weirdest characters in the galaxy. Few of these interactions seem commonplace but she meets these sort of characters all the time

Rogue Jedi
It's like an online soap opera.

Psychomonkey09
It's like an online soap opera.

laughing

Rogue Jedi
sister sleeping with the brother and shit.

gingercaily
Like i said men who control their wife or girlfriend are jerks. Woman have the same rights that men do. We dont live in the past where the men had all the freedom and the woman were like slaves to there men.

i agree..in our generation today both woman and men have the same and equal rights..don't let anyone rule over you...everyone have free will even if it's a gril or boy...

silver_tears

It is really hard being us. down

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
ninja

Hercules
Is this topic for real?

My girlfriend is very attractive and extremly hot, does she have free will?

Of course she does! my God trying to get her to do anything she doesn't want to do is a suicidal course of action!

Your looks don't determine how much free will you have, your personality does and who is to actually say whats "attractive"?

Someone I may consider unattractive to me, may be very attractive to others.

I can't believe a woman started a topic supporting that all beautiful women may = bimbo's!

Rogue Jedi
But some hot women cant think for themselves. They are so used to being pined for and spoiled that they need to be ordered around.

Hercules
But some hot women cant think for themselves. They are so used to being pined for and spoiled that they need to be ordered around.

Some ugly women can't think for themselves either, some men can't think for themselves, etc etc.

My point is that not having much free will or being unable to think for yourself is not exclusive to how you look or your sex.

Rogue Jedi
gorgeous women are more liable to be like this. a gorgeous woman is more likely to be spoiled, used to having things done for them. this is step one on the road to being an automaton.

Hercules
gorgeous women are more liable to be like this. a gorgeous woman is more likely to be spoiled, used to having things done for them. this is step one on the road to being an automaton.

So who has the free will, the person being spoiled and having everything done for them or the person waiting on her hand and foot?

Seems to me in my experience that a woman can use her looks at times to manipulate a situation to get her own way, while we as men thinking with our members do what she wants us to do in the hopes of a sexual reward.

Its a little like Lap dancing, people will stand up and say its degrading to women and they are being manipulated but are they?

I mean they can make hundreds of pounds a night out of men who throw money at them to dance, who's the sucker, the woman who works three nights a week and drives a porsche or the man who drives his beat up old hatchback to work on monday morning with a hangover and no money in his pocket?

Rogue Jedi
It can work both ways. The man is a slave by doing everything she wants, but the woman can be the slave because by being catered to, she has to do what the man says, when he says it. "No going out with your friends. No talking to other men."

Hercules
It can work both ways. The man is a slave by doing everything she wants, but the woman can be the slave because by being catered to, she has to do what the man says, when he says it. "No going out with your friends. No talking to other men."

Exactley it can work both ways and a man can be dominated by a beautiful woman and visa versa.

It is also down to the individual whether she says "yes dear" when her boyfriend/husband says that or tells him to stick it.

Personaly, my Girlfriend would kick me in the nuts tell me I was a moron and go out anyway if I tried that!

Beauty and brains do go hand in hand more often than we men like to believe as its one hell of a potent combination, people look at women like Pamela Anderson, Jordan etc etc and assume they are stupid bimbo's yet both have marketed themselves well and made a lot of money off their looks.

A lot of top Models also happen to be very shrewd business women who can be extremly ruthless, these women are considered some of the most beautiful on the planet yet they walk all over men and are far from Automatons.

Its really all down to you the person as to how much control you exert over your own life and also down to how strong a person your partner is as men and women can be dominated by a stronger will than their own.

Rogue Jedi
I never said it could not wor both ways. It SO can work both ways. I know personally.

Hercules
I never said it could not wor both ways. It SO can work both ways. I know personally.

I never said, you said it couldn't work both ways! wink

Yep and I can empathise cause I too have been there done that and have the T shirt!

Rogue Jedi
dude...I have a closet FULL of those T shirts. we should get together and trade!!!

Hercules
dude...I have a closet FULL of those T shirts. we should get together and trade!!!

Do you have any in blue?

Thats the only colour I don't have! wink

Psychomonkey09
Originally posted by Hercules
Do you have any in blue?

Thats the only colour I don't have! wink

what does this topic have to do with woman and free will...?

smoker4
what does this topic have to do with woman and free will...?

My starhawk/eclipsometer is registering faint echoes of law studentness, i must study the data.

Rogue Jedi
Do you have any in blue?

Thats the only colour I don't have! wink I have all colors and all sizes, Herc.....and a pink one for your awesome lady. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
My starhawk/eclipsometer is registering faint echoes of law studentness, i must study the data. laughing Man, thats funny as hell. laughing

gingercaily
confused

C. C. Cowgirl
I consider myself having a free will and a choice of it angel

Rogue Jedi
are you gorgeous?

C. C. Cowgirl
Mom says I am roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
my mom told me I was gonna be an astronaut.

C. C. Cowgirl
Moms lie the best of lies laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
so you are ugly? laughing out loud

C. C. Cowgirl
I would not say that laughing out loud I guess it is one of the few words of truth she have told me stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
pic?

C. C. Cowgirl
I stay away from posting pictures online ever since some guy here at KMC got all jumpy at me because he did not think I was not me. I did not deserve that so I have stayed away from using pictures smile

AD Centuria or something confused

Rogue Jedi
chicken. laughing out loud kidding!!! no myspace?

C. C. Cowgirl
No MySpace stick out tongue This is the only online community I am a part of big grin

Unless Photobucket is considered a community angel

Rogue Jedi
more like an online filing cabinet.

so you posted pics before, and some a$$hole called you on it? thought they were fake?

C. C. Cowgirl
Yes! And since I do not consider that I deserve that I have not posted a picture since mhm

Rogue Jedi
well, one solution is to pm them to people you trust.

and that guy, dont worry about him. he thinks he owns this place.

C. C. Cowgirl
That should not take long laughing out loud Very few people around here that I can actually trust stick out tongue The list easily stops before 10 people angel

Hercules
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl
That should not take long laughing out loud Very few people around here that I can actually trust stick out tongue The list easily stops before 10 people angel

I have seen a few pics of you Marie and yes your Mother tells the truth! big grin

No RJ she's FAR from ugly, she is very Blonde and very Beautiful and I can say that because Marea agrees with me! wink

Rogue Jedi
I have seen a few pics of you Marie and yes your Mother tells the truth! big grin

No RJ she's FAR from ugly, she is very Blonde and very Beautiful and I can say that because Marea agrees with me! wink I know she is gorgeous, FUNNY MAN...

They call you the funny man, cuz you're so fukking fuuuuunny.... big grin

Hercules
I know she is gorgeous, FUNNY MAN...

Thanks!

I think? confused big grin

Rogue Jedi
Boondock Saints, muscle man.

C. C. Cowgirl

No RJ she's FAR from ugly, she is very Blonde and very Beautiful and I can say that because Marea agrees with me! wink

hug

I know she is gorgeous, FUNNY MAN...

hug

Rogue Jedi
yes

Hercules
Boondock saints is a film, is that a quote from it?

Never seen it myself which is odd as Billy Connolly is in it and I'm a huge fan of his!

C. C. Cowgirl

Blond at hair and soul angel

Hercules
hug

hug

We get hugs! woot

C. C. Cowgirl

Never seen it myself which is odd as Billy Connolly is in it and I'm a huge fan of his!

Mr. Cage is my favorite acter and I have seen far from all movies with him happy

Rogue Jedi

Never seen it myself which is odd as Billy Connolly is in it and I'm a huge fan of his! DOOD....I have the DVD. get Marea better, come here, and we can all watch it!!!

Hercules
DOOD....I have the DVD. get Marea better, come here, and we can all watch it!!!

Ok, we can pick Jude up on the way, I will bring the Popcorn!

Hercules
Mr. Cage is my favorite acter and I have seen far from all movies with him happy

Yes you LUUURRRVVVEEE Nick Cage!

How do you ever hope to marry him if you haven't seen all his movies? stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl
With my charm of course mhm

I will see all his movies one day big grin

Rogue Jedi
Ok, we can pick Jude up on the way, I will bring the Popcorn! bring beer too, byatch.

Hercules
bring beer too, byatch.

Nope, you're the host, you get the beer!

I will bring my friends Mr Daniels and Mr Smirnoff though!

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.