Adamantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zbucsz
ok so i got to thinking is adamantium the strongest metel on earth right? but what about outer space is there something stronger then it?

Tak
Silver Surfers skin is made of some metal alloy right? I'm not for sure, but you should go to the comic book questions.

Priest
No, Surfer's skin has never been referred to as a metal alloy.

Tak
Originally posted by Priest
No, Surfer's skin has never been referred to as a metal alloy.
What is it then? I honestly have no clue, I read it somewhere on the forum it was.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tak
What is it then? I honestly have no clue, I read it somewhere on the forum it was.

Cosmic energy.

grey fox
Originally posted by Tak

It's a 'Cosmic Glaze'.

Tak
Originally posted by batdude123
Cosmic energy.
Really? So its not some special made metal by Galactus.

Priest
Originally posted by Tak
Cosmically enhanced skin???
I think that was a rumor that his skin was a metal alloy, but i never seen panel evidence that it was, also im sure villains would of tried to exploit Surfer if he did had metal skin.

Tak
I think that was a rumor that his skin was a metal alloy, but i never seen panel evidence that it was, also im sure villains would of tried to exploit Surfer if he did had metal skin.
Thanks
Originally posted by grey fox
It's a 'Cosmic Glaze'.
Thanks
Originally posted by batdude123
Cosmic energy.
And Thanks.

Endless Mike
Mystically enhanced Uru like the kind used in Mjolnir is supposedly stronger than Primary Adamantium. So is the material that the Asgardian Destroyer is made of. The M'Kraan Crystal is stronger. Captain America's shield is stronger. The Ebony Blade is stronger. I'm sure there are others.

ankur29
classic juggernaut's skin stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by zbucsz
is there something stronger then it? Hulk's fisticuffs!:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1211430/h1.jpg http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1211431/h2.jpg

durfist

Scoobless

I don't see why that would have mattered.

Entity
Isn't Vibranium equal to or even stronger than adamantium?

llagrok
Originally posted by Entity
Isn't Vibranium equal to or even stronger than adamantium?

I believe it's stronger.

DarkCrawler
It's not. It can just absorb the force of attacks, it's durability is far less then that of Adamantium.

Captain America's shield is either equal or stronger then adamantium, though.

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
It's not. It can just absorb the force of attacks, it's durability is far less then that of Adamantium.

Captain America's shield is either equal or stronger then adamantium, though. His original shield at least, .

But then again, isn't it an amalgam of both adamantium and vibranium?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galan007
His original shield at least, .

But then again, isn't it an amalgam of both adamantium and vibranium?

Nope. Retconed. stick out tongue The original shield was a mixture of Steel, vibranium and some unknown materials and compounds.

Adamantium was an attempt to duplicate the shield. Plus, I think the shield was fixed by Cap putting in front of a vibranium reaction wave (or something liek that) that would have destroyed the great mound in Wakanda.

leonidas
the only thing stronger is cap's shield. uru is questionable at best (uroc the monster made of uru) was shattered by a blast of liquid nitrogen. the thing with uru is that the greater the enchantment on it, the stronger it seems to become. if that is the case, then i would agree that the destroyer armor -- enhanced as it was with all that power -- would be stronger. but is it certain that the destroyer armor IS uru?

there is a good thread somewhere that compares uru and adamantium. a search should reveal it.

Priest
Originally posted by Scoobless
I don't see why that would have mattered.
In reference to what? confused

srankmissingnin
Because of the Vibranium used in the creation of Cap's shield, it has the ability to absorb mechanical energy BUT unlike Vibranium, it is virtually indestructible without out some sort of matter manipulator. That's what makes Cap's shield better then Adamantium, it isn't stronger or more durable, just exponentially more useful since it can absorb a near infinite amount of energy. It terms of durability the two are essentially the same.

tjcoady
I believe that Uru is not actually stronger- it's just that the only instances of Uru we've seen are magically enhanced. the nature of uru is that it picks up magic easily.

long pig
Uru has been broken so many times that I wonder why they even bother to call it indestructible. There's really no other material ever shown that is tougher than adamantium.

If what Herc says, then it's magical. His mase was made of magicall-made indestructible metal called adamantine and he said adamantium was made from the same stuff.

Swanky-Tuna
Vibranium and Cap's shield aren't stronger than Adamantium. They're just harder to phase and take more damage.

Mindship
Originally posted by Tak
Silver Surfers skin is made of some metal alloy right? I think it's been referred to as "galactic glaze," and the forces binding it together are said to rival the strong interaction which binds protons and neutrons together (not a good comparison, IMO, as we lowly, 20th-century humans have managed to split the atom). I don't have the issue anymore, but I believe in SS #1, Vol 1, Galactus refers to it as a "life-preserving silvery substance of my own design." Something like that.

Back to topic...
Wouldn't the Infinity Gems be pretty indestructible?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.