Clash of the Titans (2010)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
apparently its true

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14320

there is also an entry in imdb, but no info on it.

is this really necessary?

T.M
I dunno.. I think this could be good if it is done well.

amity75
I've been hoping for this for years!!!!! This would be fantastic! A full on CGI Greek Mythical epic! Just don't have the fkn robot owl in it...

LoneUnknown
Originally posted by amity75
I've been hoping for this for years!!!!! This would be fantastic! A full on CGI Greek Mythical epic! Just don't have the fkn robot owl in it...

laughing out loud I agree about the owl, seriously annoyed me in the original. It will be interesting to see how realistic they can make Pegasus and Medusa look. Looking forward to this one.

botankus
Originally posted by Schecter
apparently its true

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14320

there is also an entry in imdb, but no info on it.

is this really necessary?

This is one of my favorite movies of all time (in my top 15), and I've been watching it since I was about 4. Funny thing is, only when I was 13 did I realize it had 2 nude scenes in it. But I digress, for each time I watch it I can't keep my attention off the cheesy special effects (no matter how hard I try). But it's a double-edged sword, though, for though Harry did a great Perseus, I seriously doubt the new guy will be worth a sh!t.

Robtard
Be awesome if they show how Zeus impregnated Danae via "golden shower"...

botankus
laughing out loud

ADarksideJedi
If the remake is better then the o ld one then I am going to be very happy.The old one suck.jm

botankus
No offense, Jackie, but that's probably because you're spoiled with CGI special effects of the modern era.

Kazenji
First look at Clash Of The Titans

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55659

MildPossession
I get to stare at Sam Worthington and Jason Flemyng, I'm there.

But Louis Leterrier directing doesn't give me high hopes for something amazing.

Mr. Rhythmic
Why remake this? The original wasn't even good.

BruceSkywalker
I liked the original..

i hope their will be a good enough story

SnakeEyes
I've yet to see Sam Worthington in anything, but if he impresses me in Terminator: Salvation, then maybe I'll be more excited for this. I've also never seen the original Clash of the Titans.

MildPossession
I liked Sam Worthington in Rogue. smile

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by amity75
Just don't have the fkn robot owl in it...

He was a clockwork Owl, not a robot.

Impediment
facepalm

Remakes are inevitable. This one ought to be.....interesting enough.

lebowski32
Saw the original in the theater many many years ago. I remember loving it (but I was 10 years old). I think a remake could be pretty good with today's technology. We definitely need more fantasy movies (unless they are like Eragon - then we don't).

MildPossession
Remakes have been going since the birth of cinema.

Mindship
If they want to remake a Harryhausen classic, they should be doing, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. That was the best of the bunch.

davidconnor
Happy to see this thanks for sharing ,I have been waiting for this for long time..

ayescold
Its about time! Been waiting for this since i've seen it centuries ago!

Mr. Rhythmic
Merge.

Kazenji
Damn straight its a merge.

Shadow_King
The title sounds interesting, whats this movie about?

Kazenji
Two titans having a clash.

jamesjack
I do not think so, That they are remaking

siriuswriter
you can't top lawrence oliver for zeus and maggie smith for thetis!!!

and even though "clash" was one of the last films to have harry housen do the fx, i think the kraken will look way less wimpy.

i just hope they get the men's costumes out of the seventies. you just keep your eyes peeled on the hemlines of all the soldiers, and they are dangerously close to revealing a place i do not want to see.
*thinks of alexander, troy*

okay, okay. this could easily rock. the fates, with their one eye and their empty sockets... i am seeing some great visusals. smile

all right now, everybody gather 'round and pick your favorites for casting. big grin big grin

LOOSE PLOT :
Perseus has to rescue Andromeda , before she has to marry a monster . Zeus has set up a few tests for Perseus on the way, like capturing Pegasus, defeating Medusa, and finding a way to kill the dreaded Kraken.

Kazenji
First official Shot from Clash Of The Titans and it also has the plot

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55976

The plots different to the original one.

siriuswriter
dude. ralph fiennes as hades?

*ooooooooooooooooh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude*

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
First official Shot from Clash Of The Titans and it also has the plot

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55976

The plots different to the original one.

interesting

MildPossession
Ooooooooo photo of Sam Worthington!! lushhhhhhhhh.

Eminence
Hell yes.

Kazenji
Louis Leterrier please try and do a decent job.

FistOfThe North
Wow. Clash of the Titans? I remember seeing it alot as a kid in the late 80's and really getting into it cause of the fights and the monsters but i never knew what it was about.

And I always thought that Madusa creature was just the scariest creature ever. She was just butt ugly and horrifying. Body, face, scales and all.

It's probably the best creature claymation movie ever made, imo..

But i'm so there for the '10 remake.

Kazenji
HI-Res Pictures

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56094

aman
I like Sam Worthington and Jason Flemyng.But the director Louis Leterrier doesn't give me high imgination.Anyways movie is ok types..

Kazenji
Clash of the titans first look and B-Roll

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58828

the only changed i've noticed with this remake is that Hades releases the Kraken instead of poseidon going by the vid

LoneUnknown
I watched the original again a couple of weeks ago and remembered how much I loved it. I even developed a soft spot for the owl... ish.

I'm really excited about Fiennes and Neeson playing Hades and Zeus. I wonder why they changed the plot? And why has Perseus got a buzz-cut? Did they have them in those days? confused

Mr. Rhythmic
God, this movie looks and sounds awful.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
God, this movie looks and sounds awful.

How so ?

Mr. Rhythmic
How so ?

How not? Is it an adaption of "Clash Of The Titans" or "Hercules"? The pics look like a "Troy" ripoff. The cast, while having good actors, are completely poor in choice.

MildPossession
Those don't work outside of America? why do they do stupid things like that...

Kazenji
blink

How not? Is it an adaption of "Clash Of The Titans" or "Hercules"? The pics look like a "Troy" ripoff. The cast, while having good actors, are completely poor in choice.

Not like it matters for you when you clearly said you did'nt like the original....

Kazenji
Heres some pictures cept for the first one of course

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59745

occultdestroyer
Can't Hollywood come up with any new ideas?

What's with all the remakes? It's getting redundant.
Goddamit make something fresh, America.

Dylan Bank
So many haters of the original. It was stupidly written, yes, but Ray Harryhausen movies are about the animation, and that's some of his best work.

The Nuul
The old one is a classic this new one? looks ok for now. CGI instead of animated.

MildPossession
The trailer is now out for the film, simple enough to find on youtube, go go.

The Nuul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAM2BVe4aEs

Kazenji
Looks good enough for me.

Mr. Rhythmic
Not like it matters for you when you clearly said you did'nt like the original....

It does matter, because the original was good in idea, but bad in execution. So why change the idea?

jayce78
The pics look like a "Troy" ripoff. The cast, while having good actors, are completely poor in choice.

Liam Neeson as Zeus and Ralph Fiennes as Hades is bad casting?

MildPossession
The actors were poor choice in Troy too, especially Orlando Bloom, terrible casting.

Robtard
Originally posted by MildPossession
The actors were poor choice in Troy too, especially Orlando Bloom, terrible casting.

Na, though the movie was/is retarded, but the role required a fagish pretty-boy, Orlando fit perfectly.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAM2BVe4aEs

Gave me a 10,000BC feel to it, shit story, shit acting, relying solely on SFX. Will probably be complete shit, too bad. Do hope I'm wrong.

jayce78
The actors were poor choice in Troy too,

Eric Bana , Brian Cox , Brendan Gleeson , Peter O'Tool , Sean Bean , Diane Kruger and Rose Byrne is bad casting?

jayce78
Originally posted by Robtard
Gave me a 10,000BC feel to it, shit story, shit acting, relying solely on SFX. Will probably be complete shit, too bad. Do hope I'm wrong.

With your eloquence and simplified reviewing skills based on your opinion of a totally different and unrelated film altogether , you should work for the New York Post.

Robtard
Originally posted by jayce78
With your eloquence and simplified reviewing skills based on your opinion of a totally different and unrelated film altogether , you should work for the New York Post.

It was a comparison, you poor sap. You know, people make those as a unit of measure. Your sockery amuses me, though.

jayce78
It was a comparison, you poor sap. You know, people make those as a unit of measure. Your sockery amuses me, though.

You amuse me as well. I'm glad we could amuse each other. It's all very amusing.

MildPossession
I meant more fan girl leads - Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom. Didn't mind the others you mentioned at all.

jayce78
I meant more fan girl leads - Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom. Didn't mind the others you mentioned at all.

FanGirl Leads? I'm sorry , you kinda lost me there?

jayce78
It was a comparison, you poor sap. You know, people make those as a unit of measure.

Comparison to a movie you have'nt seen that is completeley differenet altogether?

Kazenji

When i watched the trailer i did'nt get no 10,000 BC feel from it.

Robtard
Comparison to a movie you have'nt seen that is completeley differenet altogether?

LoL, it took you that long to come up with a proper response, haha, you fail, again. I like when socks jump through hoops for me, very amusing, thanks.

10,000 BC had a trailer too, that's the comparison, the feel of the film, shit story, shit acting, all flash, you poor sap.

Robtard
When i watched the trailer i did'nt get no 10,000 BC feel from it.

Okay. Watch it 2 more times and watch the 10K BC trailer.

jayce78
LoL, it took you that long to come up with a proper response, haha, you fail, again. I like when socks jump through hoops for me, very amusing, thanks.

10,000 BC had a trailer too, that's the comparison, the feel of the film, shit story, shit acting, all flash, you poor sap.

Wow , Idiots like you do exsist. How wonderfuly fun for all involved.

Robtard
Hahahaa, your butt-hurt empowers me, sock-boy.

jayce78
You make one feel smarter with each post . . . .

Keep'em comimng court Jester. laughing

Robtard
You've become unoriginal and boring, sock. Too bad. Going to ignore you now. sad

jayce78
You've become unoriginal and boring, sock. Too bad. Going to ignore you now. sad

Well I guess when all else fails , turn your head and walk away. Not a terrible idea. But , do you actually think that when you act the way you do people will not respond or react? And what the hell is the sock thing about? Who's sock do you think I am? Talk about an idiot.

Goodbye.

Kazenji
Okay. Watch it 2 more times and watch the 10K BC trailer.

It still good to me

lets just leave it obvisouly it looks shithouse to you and not to me.

Scythe
Medusa looks sweet in the preview.

jayce78
It still good to me

Am I the only one that think's this reimagining looks better that the original? Am I . . . . . ?

Dusty
Eric Bana , Brian Cox , Brendan Gleeson , Peter O'Tool , Sean Bean , Diane Kruger and Rose Byrne is bad casting?

There's a difference between "bad casting" and "bad actors"

Am I the only one that think's this reimagining looks better that the original? Am I . . . . . ?

Of course it looks better than the original. Does it mean the overall quality of the film is going to be superior? No.

jayce78
Originally posted by Dusty
There's a difference between "bad casting" and "bad actors"

How were any of those I mentioned bad acting or bad casting decisions?

Well pinn a rose on your nose.

Dusty
How were any of those I mentioned bad acting or bad casting decisions?

The roles didn't fit the actors. Peter O'toole for some shit role where he just runs around and cries like an old man? Give me a ****ing break.

Rogue Jedi
I didn't care much for the original, but I do know it's epic and has a huge fanbase, they should leave it alone. It's like remaking Star Wars.

Dusty
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I didn't care much for the original, but I do know it's epic and has a huge fanbase, they should leave it alone. It's like remaking Star Wars.

That's a little out of proportion. laughing out loud

FistOfThe North
I love how the trailer smoothly opens to the scene, accompanied by epic ominus music, with 3 huge 50-foot tall black emperor scorpions on those hills or dunes, side by side a group of mercs, just waiting, ready for battle, with the sun blazing just behind them in the horizon. With the scene fading to black seconds later.

It was poster perfect.

jayce78
The roles didn't fit the actors. Peter O'toole for some shit role where he just runs around and cries like an old man? Give me a ****ing break.

The man played an aging King of Troy.

What should have he played a Spartain? Gimm'e a F#@*%ing break.

Dusty
The man played an aging King of Troy.

What should have he played a Spartain? Gimm'e a F#@*%ing break.

Wow. You're missing the point.

How old are you?

MildPossession
The actors the girls all go mad over and want to kiss all over, like that Patterson boy in Twilight. Fan girls are the girls who scream while waiting to catch a glimpse of their future boyfriends, like the actors mostly because they are good looking and everything else goes over their head and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)#Fanboy.2Ffangirl

Near the bottom of the page if you want a better description.

Robtard
Patterson's a man, A MAN.

MildPossession
How old is he?

Robtard
How old is he?

Looked it up, man-boy's 23. It's also "Pattison", the ugly bastard.

jayce78
Wow. You're missing the point.

How old are you?

I'll be 12 in a month so shut up Mister 'I know it all'!!!

MildPossession
23? Oooooooo I have a chance, ooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo. Me wants me wants.

jayce78
EEEEEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwww!!! Girls have cooties . . . .

Kazenji
Second trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/clashofthetitans/

Robtard
Kraken looks beastly, I like.

Mr. Rhythmic
Holy shit! The Kraken looks so badass! I saw 'concept art' online, so when I heard "Release the Kraken!" in the trailer, I was praying that it looked different, and man was I pleased.

Ms.Marvel
wow that looks good! 0_0

sam worthington with no shirt droolio

Robtard
You and your white-boy fetish.

-Pr-
just watched the trailer. wow. looks a LOT better than i was expecting...

SnakeEyes
Kraken looks like the Cloverfield monster; not necessarily a bad thing but they definitely took from that design I think. Also I saw some del Toro-influenced creatures.

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Kazenji
So looks like Louis Leterrier has a good movie coming out.

FistOfThe North
that kraken looks like i'd crush the cloverfield monster. the kracken looks better too. that's the best looking giant monster i've seen since Godzilla 98.

it's roar was sick. it seemed like unbearable loud.

MildPossession
There is definitely Del Toro influence in that blind looking monster(1.20 or so into the trailer) in the trailer.

Blinky
Wow, I actually am interested in this remake movie.

I love the heavy cheese coating that the original has... but I like the fact that it looks they are actually trying to take the new film to a whole different light. Kraken looks awesome, the one in the original didn't even have tentacles - new one looks pretty good (for being CGI).

Robtard
There is definitely Del Toro influence in that blind looking monster(1.20 or so into the trailer) in the trailer.

Those be the three blind witches, the Stygians. They were in the original film too.

I'm wondering who this gigantic cat in Perseus' band is?

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6657/clashofthetitanspicture.jpg

FistOfThe North
i thought the 3 blind witches were in that movie with that warrior dude who spoke to animals like his hawk, his lions, and 2 pet weasels, and he used their vision at will to see from afar, with that ring with the eye in it and he had a cyclops friend that was a black guy..

i forget the movies' name but the dude looked just lex luger. he was a slim conan basically.

damn what's it called.. well, that movie..

FistOfThe North
Saw the trailer again.

That Kracken's so massive when he came from out the sea, as water fell off all over him i swear the effects looked like waterfalls.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Kraken looks like the Cloverfield monster;

Yeah, because every large monster with small eyes now looks like the Cloverfield monster.

Blinky
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i thought the 3 blind witches were in that movie with that warrior dude who spoke to animals like his hawk, his lions, and 2 pet weasels, and he used their vision at will to see from afar, with that ring with the eye in it and he had a cyclops friend that was a black guy..

i forget the movies' name but the dude looked just lex luger. he was a slim conan basically.

damn what's it called.. well, that movie..

The Beast Master

FistOfThe North
there you go..

now the 3 blind witches were in that movie, right? Not in the old "Clash"

BruceSkywalker
finally saw trailer.. looks very interesting

xJLxKing
Yup, looks promising. I'm going to watch it as soon as it comes out

Impediment
I have the original movie with Harry Hamlin on dvd. It's an old cheesy fave of mine.

This looks like a lot of fun.

I just can't get over Liam Neeson as Zeus. I lol'd.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
I have the original movie with Harry Hamlin on dvd. It's an old cheesy fave of mine.

and you are going to send it to me right? stick out tongue

i have to wait and see but i think Liam is a good choice

SnakeEyes
Yeah, because every large monster with small eyes now looks like the Cloverfield monster.

Yeah, because that's what I said.

r0nm0n88

if he can pull off being a Jedi
and chopping people in the neck for one hit KOs
He will make a great Zues lol,
but seriously i think he will be a great zues, he was always good with the old wise man role.

FistOfThe North
Zeus from "Friday" should'a been Zeus. Either him or Mr. T. Could you imagine?

".....Release the Kraken, foo! I said do it naw!"

ha, with Zeus from "Friday" as the Kraken.

lol, j/k.

but the movie looks like it's gonna probably be just as good or better than the original..

i'll catch it.

jaden101
Zeus from "Friday" should'a been Zeus. Either him or Mr. T. Could you imagine?

".....Release the Kraken, foo! I said do it naw!"

ha, with Zeus from "Friday" as the Kraken.

lol, j/k.

but the movie looks like it's gonna probably be just as good or better than the original..

i'll catch it.

You're a bit obsessed with this Kraken thing aren't you? I'm guessing it's because it sounds like "Crack"...Typical black person roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
That or he has a Kraken fetish.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by jaden101
You're a bit obsessed with this Kraken thing aren't you? I'm guessing it's because it sounds like "Crack"...Typical black person roll eyes (sarcastic)

lemme guess. you're white.

jaden101

I'm all things to all people.

Robtard

He's a Scot; they're more of a pale-blue.

jaden101
He's a Scot; they're more of a pale-blue.

Bright pink in summer.

RussellBrooks
there you go..

now the 3 blind witches were in that movie, right? Not in the old "Clash" The three blind witches were also in the old Clash. They were the ones that told Perseus about Medusa and using her to face off against the Craken.

RussellBrooks

I just can't get over Liam Neeson as Zeus. I lol'd. Medusa was pretty scary in the old movie. That's why I remember it from when I was 6 years old. I'd like to get my hands on the DVD. As for Zeus, Liam Neeson would be perfect. The only other person with that majestic personality would be Sir Ian McKellan.

What do you guys think?

Kazenji
International trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62879

SnakeEyes
Yeah, I pretty much have the same thoughts on this movie after seeing the international trailer - looks like a lot of action and hopefully a lot of fun.

T.M
The release date has been put back to April 2nd so it can be converted into 3D

SnakeEyes
I read that ^ Pisses me off, **** 3D.

Robtard
Originally posted by T.M

Lame, not the release date being pushed back bit, but the 3-D nonsense.

Starting to hate this shit. Lucas is even jumping on the bandwagon and will be re-releasing (for the 42nd time now) the Star Wars franchise in 3-D.

Digi
Most hardcore trailer music ever. I freaking love it. The music, mind you, not the movie. The movie looks fine too. Good action and whatnot.

Ms.Marvel
yeah the music is good in the trailer.

the actual song sucks though imo

Kazenji
Originally posted by T.M

I thought it was coming out on that day anyway erm

Jim Colyer
Clash of the Titans is the one I am waiting for. I liked the 1981 film although it was corny. The remake should be good.

Kazenji
So i went to see this today a liked it, Good remake

theres even a cameo from someone else from the old one unless the makers have already spoiled that

4/5

SnakeEyes
Been hearing some pretty bad things about this. Obviously, everyone should AVOID the 3D here, due to the fact that it's a shitty post-conversion that they spent 4 weeks on.... anyway I'm seeing this in good old 2D, as it was filmed, tonight. Not expecting much.

Kazenji
Only reason i did'nt bother about the 3D one was it started later so went with the 2D one

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Been hearing some pretty bad things about this.

**** the reviews i enjoyed it

SnakeEyes
The 3D would've sucked, so it's good you saw it normally.

And yeah, critics aren't always right, but usually when ALL of them shit on a movie, it means there's something wrong with it. But, like I said, I'll make up my own mind tonight!

Tired-Hiker
That little gold owl in the first one kicked f*cken ass. I hope it makes a f*cken cameo in the new slick version. Oh, and Schindler as Zeus should be pretty f*cken cool.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
That little gold owl in the first one kicked f*cken ass. I hope it makes a f*cken cameo in the new slick version.

whistle

BackFire
Movie was total shit. Stay away from it.

One Free Man
I thought the original was convincing enough.

BackFire
I've not seen the original. The remake is terrible, though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BackFire

Yeah in your opinion of course not everyone is gonna agree.

AsbestosFlaygon
How can you tell it was shit when you haven't even seen the original?

Not yet seen the movie, but will be seeing it, since I loved the original CotT.
I remember Medusa used to scare the crap out of me lol

Robtard

Ah shit, we've got similar taste and I was hoping this would be decent, solely from an action/adventure pov.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

What does it matter if he saw the original or not? He's giving his opinion for the remake not the original...

The Nuul
So i went to see this today a liked it, Good remake

theres even a cameo from someone else from the old one unless the makers have already spoiled that

4/5

The Owl.

Tired-Hiker

Awe, f*ck.

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

i saw the original when i was 12, i liked it..

this however is much better..

Mr. Rhythmic
Yeah in your opinion of course not everyone is gonna agree.

So? It's still his opinion.

jinXed by JaNx
another disappointment. I was really looking forward to this movie. The CGI and cinematography are incredible and make it worth seeing, but not for full price. The characters are as two dimensional as possible. The script and acting failed to inspire any empathy or interest in the characters. For such an epic concept this movie had absolutely no grandeur or wonder. It felt bland and fake.

BackFire
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The quality of the original has nothing to do with the quality of this remake.

Just as a movie, the new one here isn't good. Entirely predictable, cliche to a ridiculous degree. CGI was fine but most don't want to see a movie just for special effects (I hope). The campiness was kinda nice, though.

The Nuul
The script was bad, the movie felt rushed.....its not good.....just ok.

And there are no damn skeletons!

It really shows that CGI cannot make a good movie on its own.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>