Can or will Jacen be redeemed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Anakin was finally redeemed at the end Return of the Jedi. Mara Jade found redemption when Luke brought her back. Could anyone bring Jacen back and help in his redemption?

BlaxicanHydra
No, he'll die slowly and painfully for being a cheap right off of Anakin. That was the deal when Lucas authorized Jacen to be created.

vader11
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
No, he'll die slowly and painfully for being a cheap right off of Anakin. That was the deal when Lucas authorized Jacen to be created. Agree. laughing

Spartan ll
No, he'll die slowly and painfully for being a cheap right off of Anakin. That was the deal when Lucas authorized Jacen to be created. ^

DARKLORDCAEDUS
No, he'll die slowly and painfully for being a cheap right off of Anakin. That was the deal when Lucas authorized Jacen to be created.

Is that also why Lucas authorized Lukes death at the hands of Jacen? Jacen will be dying any time soon.

BlaxicanHydra
Your right, he will be dying soon.

yogert
fanboy book writers ruin star wars and jacen is the hooker that pops out of the cake

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by yogert
fanboy book writers ruin star wars and jacen is the hooker that pops out of the cake

laughing Happy Dance laughing

Spartan ll
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Is that also why Lucas authorized Lukes death at the hands of Jacen? Woh, woah, woah, where the hell did you read that?

vader11
Is that also why Lucas authorized Lukes death at the hands of Jacen? Jacen will be dying any time soon. No, Jacen will die at the hands of Luke.

yogert
Is that also why Lucas authorized Lukes death at the hands of Jacen? Jacen will be dying any time soon. \

hang

MasterAshenVor
STOP THE SPOILERS ITS HURTING MY EARS AND EGO!

MasterAshenVor
I hope Jacen\Lord Caedus will die a honorable Sith Death...and i hope Luke falls in a pit....big grin

Tangible God
I hope Lucas gets smacked by a 2x4 and comes to his senses. He will then proceed to declare all post-DN Eu illegal and non-canon. He'll then declared everything between NJO and DN to be dangerous to his view of the Force and Star Wars, he'll then place a Jihad on all NJO and DN writers, to which Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah will respond to by holding mass protests of Crappy EU work, burn effigies of Demi-God Luke, and chant snappy slogans and phrases all pertaining to the destruction of the Unifying Force theory.

Oh and Jacen gets AIDS and wallows in despair that the Dark Side can't cure him. Since it's been over 22.3 years since ROTJ, Jaina, Mara's ghost and the Undead Revan laugh hysterically.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Woh, woah, woah, where the hell did you read that?

I'm not saying.

Darth Scythe
Luke killing Jacen is too predictable. But Jacen killing Luke is almost unacceptable. I'd like to see someone like Ben kill Jacen, or even Jaina. Not in a fair fight mind since he's stronger than both of them, but somehow getting lucky and killing him. It would be gay for Jacen to kill Boba but I have a feeling that's where they're going with this.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Tangible God
I hope Lucas gets smacked by a 2x4 and comes to his senses. He will then proceed to declare all post-DN Eu illegal and non-canon. He'll then declared everything between NJO and DN to be dangerous to his view of the Force and Star Wars, he'll then place a Jihad on all NJO and DN writers, to which Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah will respond to by holding mass protests of Crappy EU work, burn effigies of Demi-God Luke, and chant snappy slogans and phrases all pertaining to the destruction of the Unifying Force theory.

Oh and Jacen gets AIDS and wallows in despair that the Dark Side can't cure him. Since it's been over 22.3 years since ROTJ, Jaina, Mara's ghost and the Undead Revan laugh hysterically.

Funny stuff

WO Polaski
I'm not saying.

Because your lying.

I've never been a fan of the NJO novels, and I also doubt Lucas would allow those authors to kill off Luke. If anything I forsee Luke dying of old age.

Pwned61
I'm not saying.

In that case, you're full of shit, you can't say something like that and not back it up.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Luke killing Jacen is too predictable. But Jacen killing Luke is almost unacceptable. I'd like to see someone like Ben kill Jacen, or even Jaina. Not in a fair fight mind since he's stronger than both of them, but somehow getting lucky and killing him. It would be gay for Jacen to kill Boba but I have a feeling that's where they're going with this.

co-signed

DARKLORDCAEDUS

The only person capable of killing Jacen is Luke.

Because your lying.

I've never been a fan of the NJO novels, and I also doubt Lucas would allow those authors to kill off Luke. If anything I forsee Luke dying of old age.

No I am not. I will say who my sources are. Lucas has already allowed a couple of deaths already.

In that case, you're full of shit, you can't say something like that and not back it up.

laughing

Melcórë
Is that also why Lucas authorized Lukes death at the hands of Jacen? Jacen will be dying any time soon.

Sorry, but I almost $h!t a brick when I read that.

BTW, DARKLORDCAEDUS: Not backing up your statements makes you appear foolish.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Melcórë
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maybe not foolish - just asinine.

BlaxicanHydra
Not always.

Yes always.

exanda kane

When has Star Wars always followed logic? It's the narrative that determines who lives who dies, not this cock and bull "power level" crap.

Pwned61
Originally posted by exanda kane
When has Star Wars always followed logic? It's the narrative that determines who lives who dies, not this cock and bull "power level" crap.

Exanda, just out of curiosity, do you actually like Star Wars? Every time I see you post, you're usually saying something negative about the franchise (oddly enough, I usually don't disagree either)

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Pwned61
Exanda, just out of curiosity, do you actually like Star Wars? Every time I see you post, you're usually saying something negative about the franchise (oddly enough, I usually don't disagree either)

lol

MasterAshenVor
Lol ..... Maby Luke dies but Jacen is turned back to the Lightside by Tenel Ka

Melcórë
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Y'know, I hate the E.U. sometimes....

ThoraxeRMG

laughing

At the moment or at all? confused

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Lol ..... Maby Luke dies but Jacen is turned back to the Lightside by Tenel Ka

So you think that Jacen will be redeemed?

MasterAshenVor
He can be redeemed Possiably but only by either Luke , Ben , Tenel Ka

yogert
does any body like the legacy books ??

DARKLORDCAEDUS
does any body like the legacy books ??

I love the Legacy novels.

Gideon

laughing

Pwned61
Originally posted by Gideon
laughing

Am I missing a joke that everyone else already knows?

Gideon
Am I missing a joke that everyone else already knows?

No, lol, I just found it funny. 'Cause that's all I see Exanda do, as well.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Gideon
No, lol, I just found it funny. 'Cause that's all I see Exanda do, as well.

Lies.

Gideon
Lies.

Well, it's just that, you hate the PT, right? Why post in the PT forums all the time. It's like you wanna be negative.

exanda kane
I do not hate the PT, wouldn't waste the effort on something silly like that, but I am disappointed. It's not the Star Wars I enjoyed as a kid.

It's hard not to be cynical when a bunch of loony gits are taking things out of context and using them in fictional gladitorial combat, then attempting to discuss the finer points of debating with some kind of superiority complex.

EDIT: That is why I venture into the EU and Versus forums. To take the piss. I moan about all kinds of irreverent crap in other forums.

BlaxicanHydra
Like babies.

Pwned61
I do not hate the PT, wouldn't waste the effort on something silly like that, but I am disappointed. It's not the Star Wars I enjoyed as a kid.

I don't want to sound like an ass when I say this, but welcome to 90% of the Star Wars fan base, a lot of people were disappointed with the PT for exactly the same reason.

Honestly, the EU was the only thing that saved it for me. Take Mace windu for instance, what is he without it? All he has to his name would be cutting off Jango's head (which was pretty cool
), and that weird "someone just shoved a lightsaber up my ass" look he got on his face when he dueled Palp.

It's hard not to be cynical when a bunch of loony gits are taking things out of context and using them in fictional gladitorial combat, then attempting to discuss the finer points of debating with some kind of superiority complex.

I don't think that most of the people here debate because they enjoy pitting fictional characters against one another, but rather because they enjoy debating, and they enjoy SW, so it combines interests, so it's not strange to me at all (though, I wholeheartedly agree that at times people take it a wee bit to far)

EDIT: That is why I venture into the EU and Versus forums. To take the piss. I moan about all kinds of irreverent crap in other forums.

I do the same in the video games vs forum, so more power to ya

exanda kane
I don't want to sound like an ass when I say this, but welcome to 90% of the Star Wars fan base, a lot of people were disappointed with the PT for exactly the same reason.

I wouldn't really consider myself part of the SW fanbase. I've browsed a thing books, re-enacted SPACED with my flat mates and generally been a lout, but that doesn't constitute a SW fan (or does it?). But enough about me, more about the PT. Medicore films at best.

The EU is like a nail in the coffin.

I agree. It's that brew of having a self righteous napoleon complex coupled with being a social outcast that makes these people tick (Yes, you lot), and watching the outcome is highly amusing.

Pwned61
I wouldn't really consider myself part of the SW fanbase. I've browsed a thing books, re-enacted SPACED with my flat mates and generally been a lout, but that doesn't constitute a SW fan (or does it?).

You frequent a message board in which Star Wars characters a pitted against one another in fictional battles, you may not like it, but you're a part of the "family."

But enough about me, more about the PT. Medicore films at best.

Agreed, once again, a lot of people (fans and otherwise) were disappointed, a lot of people on this board alone would probably say that. What I was asking about was the fact that you're the only one that consistently reminds us of it.

The EU is like a nail in the coffin.

I'd have to disagree, the EU, like any kind of novelization or universe tie-in (be in Star Trek, Star Wars, D&D, ect) is very hit or miss, there's a lot of bad EU sure, but there's a lot of good ones out there as well. Just ask around and avoid portions of the NJO, and most of what comes after it.

I agree. It's that brew of having a self righteous napoleon complex coupled with being a social outcast that makes these people tick (Yes, you lot), and watching the outcome is highly amusing.

Most of the people here aren't really like that (at least not most of the time), but the few idiots that pop up now and then have a tendency to drag everyone down to their level.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'd have to disagree, the EU, like any kind of novelization or universe tie-in (be in Star Trek, Star Wars, D&D, ect) is very hit or miss, there's a lot of bad EU sure, but there's a lot of good ones out there as well. Just ask around and avoid portions of the NJO, and most of what comes after it.

Then why are these novels highly successful? Why are more novels on the way?

BlaxicanHydra
Define "Highly successful" first of all.

Pwned61

Then why are these novels highly successful? Why are more novels on the way?

Because highly successful does not equal good. Eragon is successful, it's not very good though (to be fair, this is imo, but I can back it up). There's a lot of badly written EU, that's a fact. Besides, a lot of the sales come from the Star Wars name. It's the same with Final Fantasy, they tack that name onto it and it's bound to sell pretty well.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Because highly successful does not equal good. Eragon is successful, it's not very good though (to be fair, this is imo, but I can back it up). There's a lot of badly written EU, that's a fact. Besides, a lot of the sales come from the Star Wars name. It's the same with Final Fantasy, they tack that name onto it and it's bound to sell pretty well.

Highly successful does mean good novels. Just because you and others don't like it doesn't mean anything. People like me and others love the EU. The simplest way when you do not like something is to NOT READ IT.

Captain REX
This looks like it's turning into a whining contest...but TG gets his post into my quote logs. Woohoo TG.

Meanwhile, I hope Jacen is not redeemed. He and the books in which he has fallen to the Dark Side are blemishes...

BlaxicanHydra
Whose TG?

Captain REX
Tangible God.

BlaxicanHydra
Damn. I was hoping through some miracle TG meant me.

Captain REX
TG, BH, same difference, eh? stick out tongue

While I'm here, I want to note that not supporting your claims will always make you seem the fool, DARKLORDCAEDUS. Pretty simple, that. If you say something and can't back it up, then it won't be taken seriously.

exanda kane
Highly successful does mean good novels. Just because you and others don't like it doesn't mean anything. People like me and others love the EU. The simplest way when you do not like something is to NOT READ IT.

Not good novels Caedus (can I call you Caddy?). Eragon was a perfect example of a badly wirrten, but highly succesful book. It's saving factor, or novelty is simply because it was written by a 15 year old. however, at the end of the day, it's not a good book.

The EU novels serve well what Star Wars is, a pulp mythos, but the complexity and thematic intricacy of higher works of fiction is lost on them. At the end of the day, they can tell a story, but it's done in a very drab manner.

exanda kane
You frequent a message board in which Star Wars characters a pitted against one another in fictional battles, you may not like it, but you're a part of the "family."

Yeah, but I'm like the enlightened outcast. The one with a credit card.

Actually, in many polls it usually ends up that more people loved the PT. Point is however, is that they can only cite there reasons for liking it as an extension of the Star Wars they[/i[ enjoy, i.e. celabite jedi dancing around like pixies talking some of the worst dialogue ever seen on film.

No, the Star Wars EU is unimaginitive and kinda superficial at the end of the day. At the end of the next day of course, it's succesful. At the end of the day after that, it's mostly liked. but at the end of the calendar, it's all poor.

Oh, but they are, and I've had a few years browsing KMC to realise.

nmensfinest
So is the EU honestly this bad, or are there any good pieces you could recommend to someone who's only knowledge of Star Wars involves only the movies?

Darth Hord
I like Darth Bane Path of Destruction , Labyrinth of Evil is a good read, and also definitely get the thrawn trilogy. There other good ones too that I don't feel like mentioning.

yogert

agreed

legacy sucks along with most of the crap these wanabe writers put out

most of these writers are probably not even fans they just work for del ray or whatever and just pump out books until the series runs dry.

its all market research

why don't some of you realize that !

Captain REX
Who said we don't realize that?

I suggest Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, nmensfinest. Perfectly well done.

Darth Sexy
Since when does success measure the quality of something? Take today's music for example. Since the mid 90s Music has been in a steady decline. Now you have tools like Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsey Lohan making videos.. Hell anybody with money is making videos right now, and they seem to be successful. Does that mean they are good? Not at all. It just means that today's youth is mentally retarded to the point where MTV has to spoonfeed crap to them, creating mindless drones. The EU novels for the most part are a failure because they contradict the original idea of Star Wars. Some novels like the thrawn trilogy, are great. These LOTF books are mediocre at best, and that's if you don't take into account George Lucas' vision, which this shit stomps all over. Legacy is even worse.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Does anyone seem to think that Jacen could be redeemed by his own parents and maybe his daughter?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Take today's music for example. Since the mid 90s Music has been in a steady decline.

wink

Glad I'm British then.

yogert
Originally posted by Captain REX
Who said we don't realize that?

I said some of you.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
With great ease, I have found great truths. The Star Wars: Legacy of the Force novels have so far sold 20 millions copies. That is great considering some people don't like them. Also I have found out that the next set of Legacy novels are being worked at this very monent and I should know something in a matter of weeks. When I do I will give out the information concerning what they will be about. ...

Now back to what this thread is all about. Will Jacen be redeemed once everything is all out in the open about him killing Mara and becoming like his grandfather.

yogert
Does anyone seem to think that Jacen could be redeemed by his own parents and maybe his daughter?

HELL NO!!! i hope luke and ben double team tenal ka in the ancheint jedi art of
tea bagging while jacen is force to beat off with his own tears!!!!!

yogert
I..I am sorry I..I just hate legacy sooo much

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I..I am sorry I..I just hate legacy sooo much

What is wrong with it in your opinion?

yogert
Do you even read other people post. listen. Fanboys ruin everything they brought back maul the had the emperor not die they killed CHEWIE now ther are three giant wars in one centurey and every charictar is so predictiple and shittty
Star wars in itself has lost more than half of its fans because the sorry ass fan boys I mean some of the backround stuff is ok.but fan boy ruin every thing like sci fi/fantisy isen't widely accepted because nerds and fanboys are give them a bad rep(and those same fan boys rite gay ass stories)

I persoally think your a spammer trying to promoter your gay ass books listen im not going to try and convince you about any thing why because I dont give a shit what you have to say it all the same shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlTrtkcovA
and if I hert your feeling watch this its soo funny

Darth Scythe
HELL NO!!! i hope luke and ben double team tenal ka in the ancheint jedi art of
tea bagging while jacen is force to beat off with his own tears!!!!!

This post rules.

BlaxicanHydra
With great ease, I have found great truths. The Star Wars: Legacy of the Force novels have so far sold 20 millions copies. That is great considering some people don't like them. Also I have found out that the next set of Legacy novels are being worked at this very monent and I should know something in a matter of weeks. When I do I will give out the information concerning what they will be about. ...

Now back to what this thread is all about. Will Jacen be redeemed once everything is all out in the open about him killing Mara and becoming like his grandfather.

Again, prove up or shut up. I can just as easily say that I have found out information stating that the Legacy novels have been rated to be the worst novels ever. All I and several others are asking for is for proof. Which you have yet to give on anything.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Again, prove up or shut up. I can just as easily say that I have found out information stating that the Legacy novels have been rated to be the worst novels ever. All I and several others are asking for is for proof. Which you have yet to give on anything.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tangible God
HAHAHAHAHAHA Are you a feckin' retard or something? The hell is wrong with you?

yogert
HAHAHAHAHAHA

keep on diggin that hole

Darth Scythe

He doesn't have it. He's basically like this boards SuperShadow.

or one of his lackeys at least.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
He doesn't have it. He's basically like this boards SuperShadow.

or one of his lackeys at least.

HAHAHAHA

yogert
If you have nothing good to say dont post

The big EH
he willed be killed (hopefully) personally i think lucas mde a misak by switching Anakin and Jacen's role in the Vong War

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by The big EH
he willed be killed (hopefully) personally i think lucas mde a misak by switching Anakin and Jacen's role in the Vong War

Thats an interesting opinion, I agree with it.

The big EH
anakin is the shit, way stronger than jacen

DarthLazious
I dont think he will be redeemed only Vader could be redeemed cause he was the Chosen One.

I think Jacen will die in a lightsaber duel.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I dont think he will be redeemed only Vader could be redeemed cause he was the Chosen One.

I think Jacen will die in a lightsaber duel.

When do you think Jacen dies? By who?

vader11
By Luke, easily.

Atticus
Originally posted by Atticus
i hope luke and ben double team tenal ka in the ancheint jedi art of
tea bagging while jacen is force to beat off with his own tears until he dies
!!!!!

Darth Scythe
That post pwns everything.

JedioftheForce
Hi everybody. I just want to start off by saying that I'm new to the boards. I am a huge Starwars fan, and am sometimes referred to as the "Dark Lord" by people. Hahaha it's funny ^_^.

I haven't finished Legacy of the Force #5 but plan on finishing very soon. Here are my guesses on the subject...

Jacen will be redeemed in the end, not sure about Luke, but Ben will not be. I bet that Luke and Jacen will end up in a lightsaber fight over the fate of Ben and what his path should be. Then Ben and Luke will get in a fight at the end of Legacy #9. Jacen wants to single handedly bring peace to the galaxy, so him being a sith/jedi is irrelevant because his heart is in the right place...or is it? ^_^

JedioftheForce
My guess...
Ben will turn Jacen back to the light, but Ben will succumb to the darkness himself and end up in a fight against Jacen at the end of 9. The Legacy of the Force series would make a wonderful episodes 7-9.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by JedioftheForce
Hi everybody. I just want to start off by saying that I'm new to the boards. I am a huge Starwars fan, and am sometimes referred to as the "Dark Lord" by people. Hahaha it's funny ^_^.

I haven't finished Legacy of the Force #5 but plan on finishing very soon. Here are my guesses on the subject...

Jacen will be redeemed in the end, not sure about Luke, but Ben will not be. I bet that Luke and Jacen will end up in a lightsaber fight over the fate of Ben and what his path should be. Then Ben and Luke will get in a fight at the end of Legacy #9. Jacen wants to single handedly bring peace to the galaxy, so him being a sith/jedi is irrelevant because his heart is in the right place...or is it? ^_^

Interesting theory.

JedioftheForce
Thanks for thinking so ^__^.

Um let's not forget that Han and/or Leia can also be counted into the equation for bringing back their son to the light. Or is he still with the light? ^__^ If there was one to choose between these two, I would choose Han to redeem, Jacen. Which begs the question: Is Jacen in need of redeeming at all? ^__^ I realize whole-heartedly that Anakin Skywalker was in need of redeeming but Jacen is different. He isn't a rip off of Anakin. He has a totally different outlook on life and is not the "same" person at all.

JedioftheForce
Jacen has a purpose that he feels is the right way for himself and the galaxy. Until proven wrong I will support most of Jacen's motives. He has a purpose in his life that he chose unlike his Grandfather, whom was brought into a "larger life" by a pre-determined fate set by the force as part of prophecy. Yet they both still made choices which makes them similar in that fashion.

JedioftheForce
Jacen is a bit of a mystery to be honest. He is unlike any other Starwars character. The only other that comes close is Luke, ironically. Jacen is a true balance between light and dark...or the closest we've come so far besides, Anakin.

Manslayer

Wrong, sidious is capable of killing him too

tulakhordpwns
Sidious is not alive at the time of LotF.

Lightsnake
Well, technically his spirit is still 'alive' in the sense, but he's permanently trapped in Chaos, so it's irrelevant.

In the terms of LOTF, I really doubt ONLY Luke can kill Jacen....Mara almost did....I'm sure Jaina could do it.

Darth Scythe
Aurra Sing was even whooping his ass for a minute. I hope they don't let him kill Boba though. That would be teh ghey.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

JedioftheForce
Does anyone besides myself get the feeling that Darth Plagueis is somehow and in someway involved in all of this turmoil, hiding in the shadows?

When Palpatine said that he killed him in his sleep, he may have believed that he did. The truth may be that he didn't die at all and is still out there orchestrating everything in the shadows of the darkness. Although, maybe what Palpatine told Anakin was true from a "certain point of view." Or another theory would be that Palpatine twisted the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise to fit his liking.

^_^ Darth Plaguies the Wise may have indeed found a way to "save himself" from death. I think he would make an excellent character to add to the Legacy series. Please tell me your thoughts. Also if you think that he will return, please tell me if you believe that he we'll be in someway involved with Jacen/Ben/any other character for better or for worse.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by JedioftheForce
Does anyone besides myself get the feeling that Darth Plagueis is somehow and in someway involved in all of this turmoil, hiding in the shadows?

When Palpatine said that he killed him in his sleep, he may have believed that he did. The truth may be that he didn't die at all and is still out there orchestrating everything in the shadows of the darkness. Although, maybe what Palpatine told Anakin was true from a "certain point of view." Or another theory would be that Palpatine twisted the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise to fit his liking.

^_^ Darth Plaguies the Wise may have indeed found a way to "save himself" from death. I think he would make an excellent character to add to the Legacy series. Please tell me your thoughts. Also if you think that he will return, please tell me if you believe that he we'll be in someway involved with Jacen/Ben/any other character for better or for worse.

Fascinating theory.

Darth Scythe
Thats reaching now.

atv2
Hey look here man, I ain't here for no race, I ain't redeeming anybody, I quit on you when you left detroit for Willy the Pimp.
"Darth Vader"

Hard to say, Jacen is Anakin's grandson and there is a small possiblity that he could be redeemed as Anakin was. However, like his grandfather, his path of redemption will cost him his life.

Anakin killed many people. He murdered children, Killed his master, betrayed the jedi, turned on his wife and maimed his son of one hand. In all of this he died killing the emperor and he gained his redemption and became a force ghost.

Now for Jacen, he has always looked up to Uncle Luke. He knows that Luke was the most powerful Jedi ever and he strives to surpass him mastering the ways of the Sith. As a sith, he killed Mara and now he is trying to take Ben away from him. Jacen as Caedus is attacking the family, Anakin has killed people close to him but they weren't blood related. If it cost Anakin his life for the people he killed, Jacen will fall in line with his Grandfather.

truejedi
To the thought that Jacen doesn't need redeeming.... Read the latest book, fury, that guy is hardcore darkside now, killing innocents, and doing exactly what HE wants all the time.
my theory: Ben is going to kill Jacen and end up going to the dark side. Which is stupid, because WHO IS BEN exactly? not even a knight. Notice how in the rescue mission of Allana it was BEN, not Saba, or Luke who started destroying the YVH droids? he takes out 4 of them i think. How pathetically lame is that? the writers are starting to make him a lot more of a focus, and making him way more powerful than he should be. He's going to play a bigger role in this than a fourteen year old should i think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.