who was ultimately cooler, Goku or Vegeta?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tooa/presence
voice your opinions and say why

yungz22
i say goku vegeta pissed me off with how strong he thought he was but in fact was extremely weak compared to goku.

gohan would have been a better rival

Terror of Death
Shonen Jump had a poll and the majority picked Vegata as their favorite character. Vegeta for me.

BlaxicanHydra
Vegeta is and always will be my favorite DBZ character.

Magee
At the time I liked dbz, Goku. Now I would have to say Vegeta simply because he trained every day for 7 years and was still inferior to Goku. laughing

Kero_Co
Piccolo >_>...........<_<....>_>

Violent2Dope
Vegeta, no one trained harder than him, and yet Goku's gay self is still stronger.

King Kandy
Vegeta, with how hard he worked his ass off there's no excuse for him NOT being stronger then Goku... Though they did end up being equals at the end of GT.

Violent2Dope
GT is uncanon.

ladov52014
goku, ummm was sure the one who surpassed vegeta with ssj3 and 4 but honestly goku cause he did good they let him train while dead and with what he did while dead he got when he became alive sooo gay in all honestly if he didnt get to keep what he did in the after life to when he was giving life back vegeta would own him alright soooo vegeta is stronger ok i mean they had to jump vegeta when he fought goku AND THAN HE GOT TRAINING AFTER HE DIED soooooo vegeta is the true killer

favorite char is TRUNKS

judgement hand
Originally posted by tooa/presence
voice your opinions and say why

A DEAD CAT!!!

Psyquis52
Vegeta

King Kandy
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
GT is uncanon.
Never said it was... And anyway, it's canon to itself.

Diabolos
Originally posted by King Kandy
Never said it was... And anyway, it's canon to itself.

Hidden Lotus
TRUNKS PWNT"S THEM ALL!!!!!!!woot

judgement hand
a dead cat is cooler

~a dead cat

Rejection15a2
If i wasnt for goku, vegeta would kill everyone

Vegeta is just awsome

DOYLEZOMBIE
I think Vegeta is cooler than Kakarot.

Geek.mike
Trucks.

NPC
Vegeta, ever since the namek saga when Vegeta 1st arrived on namek. Fighting Qui,Dedoria,Zarbon,Guildo, an just ruthlessly beating them down, torturing an killing them.
Goku is kind of a jerk off. No real desire other than to prove his strength. Vegeta has more passion, same with Trunks. Which is pretty dumb when you think about it as Goku had to get pissed to SSJ(passionate) to kill Freiza. Just bad character development an dialog for Goku I guess. In fighting situations Goku could act like a badazz but non-fighting situations he was annoying

peejayd
* Vegeta may be cooler, but Son Gokou still owns him... Vegeta admits that Gokou is more powerful than he in the latter part of the battle against Buu...

Ultimate Hulk43
Seriously, there's no need for this thread since we already have a DBZ thread & ultimately Vegeta is cooler.

Micheal_Myers
Vegeta has been and always will be my favorite DBZ character.People make it out to seem that Goku was ALWAYS WAY stronger than him.But in truth the thing that agravated Vegeta the most was the fact that he was always one step behind.Not an insect in comparison, but almost there and he could never reach that level as hard as he tried.But still he was always cooler, and one of the most powerful warriors the Universe has ever known.

Ultimate Hulk43
Gohan is my favorite DBZ character & he's stronger than both Goku & Vegeta. big grin

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Gohan is my favorite DBZ character & he's stronger than both Goku & Vegeta. big grin
He's not stronger than Goku...
Anyway, no contest Vegeta. He's the ultimate badass on the show, Goku never had the will to do what was necessary.

Hidden Lotus
i like vegeta better than goku, but as i said earlier, trunks pwnts them all to a pulp131

peejayd
* there is a big difference between "cooler" and "stronger"...

* majority of people here thinks that Vegeta is cooler than Gokou, so hands down... Vegeta is cooler than Gokou... but saying Vegeta is stronger than Gokou, it's another thing...

* the Buu Saga is canon and Vegeta admitted there that Gokou is superior than he, that Gokou is the one that can defeat Buu, not him...

* Gokou is more experienced in martial arts and in energy manipulation, that's why he alone can control the Genki Dama...

* Vegeta exceeds Gokou in executing powerful blasts, he is quicker than Gokou... see the Gogeta movie: Gokou fires Kame Hame wave, and because it requires sufficient time to "power-up", the enemy teleported Gokou as if he fired the blast to himself... the enemy tries the same thing to Vegeta but fails because Vegeta executed a powerful blast way quicker than Gokou...

* cooler, Vegeta... stronger, Gokou... wink

Kento

Ultimate Hulk43
Goku even makes a joke referencing to how Gohan is stronger than him in the manga. Anything in the anime stating Goku is stronger is false.

Kento
I just want to know why Gokou suddenly had no problem fighting Super Buu with Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks after Gotenks unfused when he had to use SSJ3 to stand a chance against Fat Buu and while he could have won it wouldn't have been easy. Or was Gokou going to let Gohan fight him?

Ultimate Hulk43
That scene was filler meaning it never happened in the manga. In the manga Goku turned SSJ3 but they never went at it. It was just another filler scene that was there to make Goku look superior when he clearly isn't.

Kento
Did they go at it in the anime? I don't remember them fighting. I just remember Gokou saying that they don't need to fuse anymore while Gohan searched for the earring that he dropped or whatever because Gotenks unfused and then Gohan getting absorbed.

Actually I don't ever remember Gokou going SSJ3 until Kid Buu after his fight with Fat Buu.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Kento
Gohan is stronger than Gokou..by canon standards. If you count GT then Gokou is stronger however.
I was talking about the Manga, since Goku beat Buu, and he beat Hyrudegarn (sp)

Kento
Gokou didn't beat Buu first off. Vegeta, Mr. Satan, and Dende were the ones behind it just Gokou was the only one capable of doing th Genki Dama. Second Hildegarne is a movie not manga. Gohan is the strongest in Canon while Gokou is made out to be the strongest in GT and the movies.

deathcon27
goku especially with his ssj4 or his super kaioken or always using the spirit bomb

Zack Fair
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/206/7/6/Dragon_Ball_Goku_vs_Vegeta_Gif_by_PrOTuL.gif

NemeBro
Too true.

thanos-prime
Can't even compare them imo they are both very cool for different reasons and are equally cool in my book.

Bro SMASH
I thought Vegeta was cooler from the Saiyan Saga, all the way up to during the Cell saga. After his fight with Perfect Cell, his appeal just seemed to be wearing off and I just thought he and Goku were equally cool. Heck, at times, I even thought Goku was cooler.

TheAuraAngel
Goku. The ones who say Vegeta are simply saying so because he is a loser and so are they...313

Bentley
Goku of course, he never cried like a baby and pissed his pants. 131

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Bentley
Goku of course, he never cried like a baby and pissed his pants. 131

Except he did. Every time Vegeta tried to pretend to be on his level. Goku was amused.

dadudemon
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Goku. The ones who say Vegeta are simply saying so because he is a loser and so are they...313

Reported for member bashing. no expression

TheAuraAngel
uhuh

Pwease don't? ):

dadudemon
uhuh

Pwease don't? ):

You know my rule about reporting. uhuh

Technically, you could report me for trolling (don't do it as it would draw attention to your "member bashing" comment.)

TheAuraAngel
Kay. awesome

Yeah, of the two I like Goku more and think he is cooler. Vegeta is far and away the most developed character in the series though.

Q99
Having less total size, Vegeta would have a higher surface-area-to-volume ratio, allowing him to dissipate heat faster.

deathcon27
i already said goku was cooler but vegita was pretty cool to but i mean he acted all that but always was tossed aside like a rag doll if he had more power to back up his attitude hed be alot cool

Bentley
Kay. awesome

Yeah, of the two I like Goku more and think he is cooler. Vegeta is far and away the most developed character in the series though.

Piccolo begs to differ.

Zack Fair
Yeah...from badass to babysitter.

Mr. Rhythmic
Goku for me. Vegeta was a good character, buy I HATED him in the Cell Saga, and he was pretty generic in the Saiyan Saga. Heck, I even prefer Nappa to SSaga Vegeta, to be quite honest.
Goku's always been a good character, up until the Buu Saga, which is where I feel that they made him too much of an unintentional dick.
Oddly enough, Buu Saga Vegeta was my favorite version of Vegeta.

BloodRain
^ I blame Akira trying to get Goku to pass on his cape to his sons, for that reason he had that I can't remember.

Having the chance to beat Cell, but instead healing him and passing it to Gohan - Sure it got him to SS2, but resulted in himself, 16, Bubbles Kai and his planted being destroyed..

Same as letting Goten and Trunks face Buu - Caused many people death by candy, the majority being beamed to death and the whole population Earth being destroyed save for 3 people and a dog. And a few other worlds iirc.

His heart was in the right place.. just almost caused the death of all life >___>

Toshi
Wait what? Having the chance to beat Cell? Cell was going easy on Goku...
Gohan was not impressed at all with Goku's full power.

Full Powered Perfect Cell >> MSSJ Gohan > MSSJ Goku.

And Vegeta all day err day. I mean if you wanna talk about generic heroes...

NemeBro
Goku is only "generic" because of how relentlessly copied he has been by subsequent Shonen writers. Both Naruto and Luffy take after Goku (Ichigo on the other hand takes more from Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho).

Anyway, Vegeta is my favorite.

Originally posted by Q99
Having less total size, Vegeta would have a higher surface-area-to-volume ratio, allowing him to dissipate heat faster.

... I admit it, I sort of loled.

Bullmonkéy
Gokus like kratos. One person facing odds caught between them. He could've been the worst villan. But his personality. Somehow became unbreakable after that. Making jokes with frieza and even sparing his life or offering anyway after his best friend was killed. I love vegetables but goku helped fill DB/z which was incredible to me anyway

TheAuraAngel
Goku is infinitely more likable than Kratos could ever hope to be. Kratos is probably the better character of the two.

NemeBro

Stray_mind
For me Goku is cooler, because when it comes to fighting, he becomes really smart guy. I like how he has this "charm" that makes his rivals unintentionaly admire him. I also like how he knows his limits, but he allways ends up geting over them. I like his quote that he said in, i think, lord slug movie: "Sometimes you know something is impossible, but you still have to do it".

As for vegeta, i like him as a character, but what i don't like is his egocentricity. He allways brags about how he is "strongest in the universe" and all..It took him a lot of time to realise that he's not the strongest. I think if he wouldn't be like that, he could become far stronger than he was.

mastagambit
Vegeta is much cooler than Goku.
The bravado that Vegeta has and arrogance is unmatched and that's what makes him so cool.
Even when the odds are stacked against him and there is no way for him to win he still fights on and makes it look so cool.
Look at the fight between him and Kid Buu. He was getting his ass kicked,beaten to a pulp yet he fought on and was even taunting him.
How much cooler can you be?
He is much cooler than the corny Goku.

cdtm
Between the two, Vegeta.

But overall, Piccolo's the coolest.

NotAllThatEvil
I actually think all the sayans/piccolo are a bit over rated. Maybe it's just cause I watched DB before DBZ, but all the humans in the show seem to have alot more growth. Plus everything vegeta is is just a mix of tien and yamcha.

Stray_mind
Well i also started from DB and i saw that Goku was growing together with the Earthlings. He trained hard to gain his strenght. Piccolo Junior also trained hard to beat Goku. In DBZ everything was much easier, i think. Most of the fighters had artificial or "inherited" strenght. That's why i liked DB a bit more than DBZ.

NotAllThatEvil
YES!

cdtm
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I actually think all the sayans/piccolo are a bit over rated. Maybe it's just cause I watched DB before DBZ, but all the humans in the show seem to have alot more growth. Plus everything vegeta is is just a mix of tien and yamcha.

Yeah, Krillian and Tien had a lot of growth, but Yamcha and chiaotzu were kind of ignored, even before the Saiyan saga.

Among the "Major powers", Piccolo went from Earths devil, to a grudging ally of the Z crew, to genuinely caring for Goku and his family like they were blood related. He probably had the most growth of any character in the series, and it was a believable change.

Compared to Vegeta suddenly deciding at the end of the Buu saga to give Goku his due, or Goku just being the unstoppable, cheery hero stereotype all the time.

NotAllThatEvil
Chiaotsu was always bland but even in Z yamcha had some moments.
What I don't get is during the android bit, vegeta straight up says he doesn't care about bulma or trunks. Doedn't bother to save them or even talk to trunks in the time chamber, but when cell shows up he gets genuinely pissed whe trunks getd hurt. What happened?

cdtm
You know how Smog had all that treasure, never did anything with it or seemed to care about it, and still got pissed when Bilbo stole a piece?

That's how I see Geta looking at the Trunks death. He didn't want him, he didn't care about him, but as he was still his son... it's still an indirect attack against Vegeta. You can't "not" take an attack against your family personally.

NotAllThatEvil
Even if that family is "weakling half-breed"?

cdtm
Even if that family is "weakling half-breed"?

Pretty much everyones a weakling to the Prince of Saiyans. wink

In his own mind, at least.

I don't know, you're right. Vegeta suddenly caring about Trunks didn't make sense. But they did spend a year together training.. Just because he's a bad father, doesn't mean he never accepted Trunks as his son (Which would explain why he didn't try and save Trunks before the year long training session.. He only just found out about him, and probably wasn't really registering him as family yet.)

NotAllThatEvil
I personaly contribute vegeta's entire family life to gohan. He just stays with bulma to train trunks after gohan proved how powerfull halfbloods were. When little trunks first turned super his immediate reaction was compare him to goten. He's just a realy intense soccer mom.

cdtm
I personaly contribute vegeta's entire family life to gohan. He just stays with bulma to train trunks after gohan proved how powerfull halfbloods were. When little trunks first turned super his immediate reaction was compare him to goten. He's just a realy intense soccer mom.

His reaction to Trunks beating Goten was priceless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.