Which two main characters will be killed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionlover2053
Alright, we all know that JK has said two main characters will die. Now it's your turn to make a bold statement as to who they'll be...and maybe even how they die if you feel like it.

Bragging rights are key here, so whoever is right has the right to boast until we get sick of it!

lionlover2053
My two characters: Hagrid and Alastor Moody.

Hagrid- I think he'll be killed by the big blonde Death Eater...but not before he takes out Snape!

Alastor Moody- will be killed quite easily by Voldemort himself near the end.

Serious INJURIES, but not fatalities (on the good-guy side):
Headmistress McGonagall- She will probably do a lot of damage but I think Snape will get the best of her...although he wont be able to kill her before he's stopped by Hagrid.

Ginny Weasley- I think she's too much of a bad*ss not to be involved in some of the action. She'll find a way to be somewhere where she otherwise wouldn't and she'll get the best of Draco Malfoy. Unfortunately, Narcissa or Bellatrix will make her pay dearly.

Neville Longbottom- Neville will probably get hurt pretty bad...but I think he'll be the one to put an end to Bellatrix ultimately.

Hermione Granger- Hermione will come the closest to death, as she will be assaulted by Voldemort himself. He will fail to kill her before his attention is grabbed by Harry Potter though.

DEUS EX MACHINA:
Victor Krum will arrive with a small platoon of fellow classmates from that cold place up North in order to do some serious damage to some Death Eaters.

Nightingale14
Um..There's already a thread in this(I think)

lionlover2053
Not specifically there isn't...this thread highlights the bold predictions of the forum members, if they wish to make any.

goddess_susu
Originally posted by lionlover2053
Alright, we all know that JK has said two main characters will die. Now it's your turn to make a bold statement as to who they'll be...and maybe even how they die if you feel like it.

Bragging rights are key here, so whoever is right has the right to boast until we get sick of it!

did she really say there'll be only two deaths?
cuz on the interview I read she said one character who was originally slated for death got a reprieve, while two others who weren't going to die now will. That doesn't mean she didn't have more deaths planned originally though. Honestly, being a war and all, I think there'll be more

lionlover2053
Originally posted by goddess_susu
did she really say there'll be only two deaths?
cuz on the interview I read she said one character who was originally slated for death got a reprieve, while two others who weren't going to die now will. That doesn't mean she didn't have more deaths planned originally though. Honestly, being a war and all, I think there'll be more

I agree with you that more than two will die. But that's why I was mentioning the bigger characters. I think plenty will die or worse actually, including Kingsley Shaklebolt, Hagrid's brother, and possibly Pansy Parkinson...however, I don't see these people as main or even secondary characters so I just left them out.

Good point though. I'm wondering who of the good guys is really going to kill a bad guy considering not many of them would use the killing curse other than maybe Lupin or Moody.

goddess_susu
I think wormtail and Lupin will die...the last of the Marauders =(
and also Snape, Malfoy, one of the wesleys, and obviously Voldemort

The Phantom
I think it's the twins.

siriuswriter
I think Ron will die.

I'm thinking it's going to circle back round to the "I'll be a knight," sacrificing himself to the queen on the giant chess board in PS. That's sort of a part of a quite large theory I have about the seven tasks of getting to the Philosopher's Stone representing the seven books, and the seven Horcruxes... something very complicated which I will not go into here.

However, I think that Ron will (once again) sacrifice himself so that Harry can go on to battle Voldemort, but this time in a more permanent way. I think it would make sense, JK has certainly been moving in a circular motion, or at least I can sense a tendency for her to be wanting to toward the end of HBP. Which is why I think Harry is going to die as well. I almost don't count him as one of the main characters that is going to die, though. He's sort of.... been predestined this whole time. So he and Voldy don't count. I think it'll be just like PS : there'll be a moment of decision, a moment where they will try to work something else out, but Ron will see that the only way for them to go on is for him to die. And then we'll see why Ron is so special (a lot of people say that Ron really doesn't have a "talent"wink - we'll see that Ron has loyalty and nobility and bravery to no end. That's how I see it.

I think the other will be Hagrid. I think he's going to go down fighting. Not sacrifice, not willingly, Hagrid's going to go down swinging, just the way he'd want to. He's not really going to get a long, lasting death, a chance to say last words or anything. I think his last words (if he gets anything significant will be before a battle. Like, "Good luck Harry," or something like that, like knowing he's going in for the last of it. And then... he just goes in, taking out about ten Death Eaters. I can imagine them flying through the air now, or Hagrid clunking their heads together. Score : 10-1 to Hagrid. Cost, his life. That would be the ultimate ending for Hagrid, I think. That's how he'd want to go.

I can just picture it now. *sad, sweet smile*

The Phantom
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I think Ron will die.

I'm thinking it's going to circle back round to the "I'll be a knight," sacrificing himself to the queen on the giant chess board in PS. That's sort of a part of a quite large theory I have about the seven tasks of getting to the Philosopher's Stone representing the seven books, and the seven Horcruxes... something very complicated which I will not go into here.

However, I think that Ron will (once again) sacrifice himself so that Harry can go on to battle Voldemort, but this time in a more permanent way. I think it would make sense, JK has certainly been moving in a circular motion, or at least I can sense a tendency for her to be wanting to toward the end of HBP. Which is why I think Harry is going to die as well. I almost don't count him as one of the main characters that is going to die, though. He's sort of.... been predestined this whole time. So he and Voldy don't count. I think it'll be just like PS : there'll be a moment of decision, a moment where they will try to work something else out, but Ron will see that the only way for them to go on is for him to die. And then we'll see why Ron is so special (a lot of people say that Ron really doesn't have a "talent"wink - we'll see that Ron has loyalty and nobility and bravery to no end. That's how I see it.

I think the other will be Hagrid. I think he's going to go down fighting. Not sacrifice, not willingly, Hagrid's going to go down swinging, just the way he'd want to. He's not really going to get a long, lasting death, a chance to say last words or anything. I think his last words (if he gets anything significant will be before a battle. Like, "Good luck Harry," or something like that, like knowing he's going in for the last of it. And then... he just goes in, taking out about ten Death Eaters. I can imagine them flying through the air now, or Hagrid clunking their heads together. Score : 10-1 to Hagrid. Cost, his life. That would be the ultimate ending for Hagrid, I think. That's how he'd want to go.

I can just picture it now. *sad, sweet smile* You stole part of my old theory. I thought the same thing on Ron. Though I don't see it Hagrid dying but instead Hermione. Don't get my wrong, I think Hagrid has a good chance on dying, but I think his was pretty much expected. Remember, JKR said two who were going to live originally were going to die.

I'm going to go back to my old theory that you stole part of (*evil accusing eyes* :P) and do the whole Hermione dying too. Remember the potions part of the journey to get to the PS (I seriously like it's original name better than the American one. But I digress again. I tend to do that alot), Hermione had to tell which one was which. Well, I think it is basically foreshadowing for once she will be wrong for once and that will cost her her life.

I do love matching the whole trials to the seven books and horcruxes. I'd love to hear this theory. If you don't put it up in the horcrux thread, mind PMing me and sharing?

goddess_susu
I think Ron will die.

Ron is the one person I know for a fact that wont die. I think he is the only one the JK. has anounced will make it through the series.

J.K.R. : Mostly they are really worried about Ron. As if I'm going to kill Harry's best friend"

goddess_susu
not quite sure about the rest though

Darth Macabre
I think Hagrid, Snape, Voldemort, Wormtail, and Harry will die.

Member.
JKR will just kill off harry along with ron so harry won't grieve for his best friend =P

siriuswriter
Originally posted by The Phantom
You stole part of my old theory. I thought the same thing on Ron. Though I don't see it Hagrid dying but instead Hermione. Don't get my wrong, I think Hagrid has a good chance on dying, but I think his was pretty much expected. Remember, JKR said two who were going to live originally were going to die.

I'm going to go back to my old theory that you stole part of (*evil accusing eyes* :P) and do the whole Hermione dying too. Remember the potions part of the journey to get to the PS (I seriously like it's original name better than the American one. But I digress again. I tend to do that alot), Hermione had to tell which one was which. Well, I think it is basically foreshadowing for once she will be wrong for once and that will cost her her life.

I do love matching the whole trials to the seven books and horcruxes. I'd love to hear this theory. If you don't put it up in the horcrux thread, mind PMing me and sharing?

Do you really think she's going to kill off the whole of the Trio? I don't think she would do that much.

To further my theory, I thought that Hermione might be pregnant with Ron's baby before he dies, and that would be part of the epilogue, you know, "bringing up the baby." That would be a sweet sort of thing.

I will surely share the seven tasks/seven books/seven Horcruxes thing. Just let me get my brain together a little bit and gather all the information. It might be up... tomorrow in the Horcrux thread? Actually, I'll probably start up a whole knew thread for it. It's quite a huge, quite a convoluted theory. smile

Melcórë
I believe she'll kill off Malfoy and Snape, due to the set-up which seems to suggest a team-up between the characters.

~KoK!~
She actually said
"Two main Goo d guys would die"

insinuating that evil will still die!

Horray death!

The Phantom
Do you really think she's going to kill off the whole of the Trio? I don't think she would do that much.

To further my theory, I thought that Hermione might be pregnant with Ron's baby before he dies, and that would be part of the epilogue, you know, "bringing up the baby." That would be a sweet sort of thing.

I will surely share the seven tasks/seven books/seven Horcruxes thing. Just let me get my brain together a little bit and gather all the information. It might be up... tomorrow in the Horcrux thread? Actually, I'll probably start up a whole knew thread for it. It's quite a huge, quite a convoluted theory. smile o.o The are only like... what? 17? Bit too much. I think she'd kill the entire Trio.

siriuswriter
Hermione and Ron would both be 18. Harry's the one with a later birthday. smile

Leave me to my romantic-tragedy fantasies, would you?!

The Phantom
Hermione and Ron would both be 18. Harry's the one with a later birthday. smile

Leave me to my romantic-tragedy fantasies, would you?! Oh teenagers empregnanting each other?

siriuswriter
No, a legacy of Ron living on even if he does not.

God, everything sounds negative if you say it that way, Tweedledum.

T.Maria
JK.Rowling stated in an interview last night that two BIG characters will be killed off...but ALOT of other characters will be killed, too...

"Its a massacre" She actually stated....ooo-er....

Im betting on Neville to die (probably for harry's cause...she didnt put the prophesy in for no reason).
Also, possibly Hagrid and one of the weasley's....

Melcórë
Well, people do die in war....a massacre of sorts should be expected....

goddess_susu
I bet u the two main characters she's talking about is both Harry and Voldemort together

exanda kane
'Pparently, its a "bloodbath".

darthsith19
Two will be killed amongst the good guys, right (for bad I'm expecting Voldemort, Snape and Bellatrix to be killed at least, and hopefully Greyback as well). For good guys, 2? Okay:

1. Harry - Voldemort is way to strong for him to handle, for them to fight and Harry to flat out win is just to much, but a sacrifice to finish off Voldemort would make sense and would be evry dramatic. Plus it would end the series in a definite way.

2. Not to sure, maybe Hagrid, which would be very dramatic, and Hagrid says he and Harry are very much alike. Moody maybe but I don't think so, he's not that important now that he's not an Auror anymore. Maybe Percy, as well, without ever forgiving his parents - very dramatic.

Wormtial will also die saving Harry from Voldemort.

The Phantom
No, a legacy of Ron living on even if he does not.

God, everything sounds negative if you say it that way, Tweedledum. Well gee, how can you not take it negative, Tweedledee?

siriuswriter
"A legacy of Ron that will live on... even if he does not..."

Nyah nyah nyah.

Fawne
I pray to the high heavens that Ron or Hermione do not perish anytime soon. my bets are on Hagrid and Voldemort..although he really doesn't count,Voldemort. Draco could die. possibilities endless. but let them end on ron & hermione. kill anyone else JK rowling..just not them

ndfreak
OTHER than Harry and Voldemort i think Lupin and a weasley willl die.

simonrob123
rons dad and hagrit

sorry if the spellings wrong

simonrob123
eather that of melfoy

LadyofLight
In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea who might die and I cant even guess whom it might be....I do believe that Voldemort is definitely going to die, I think thats a given. But as for the Good Guys I have no idea

Unicor777

Korosan
Hmmm I kinda have a small theory that has to do with characters deaths, I think MAYBE, just small maybe, that dumbledore, even tho he knew is was dangerous and wrong, made a horcrux out of fawkes or whatever, and when harry tries to take on voldemort for the final time he will lose but right before he is killed. Fawkes will come again like it did in the chamber of secrets only this time there is no sorting hat or sword, instead fawkes disappears or something and dumbledore will die taking voldemort down. Dumbledore might have been arguing with snape about killing him when the time came but snape argued because dumbledore didn't tell him he had a horcrux because he might have only trusted snape 99% not 100% ^_^ or something like that. and draco might get the jump on harry and almost kill him but snape, to make up for killing dumbledore will stop draco but be killed by voldemort soon after he saves Harry and betrays voldemort. That would make 2 good guys dead ^^ yea my theory probably has holes in it... *cry cry* (small theory...Nagini or whatever voldemorts snake's name is = Snake harry set free in the 1st book? DUM DUM DUMMM!) Thoughts please!?

Unicor777
interesting theory... well very soon we will find out

jasonowens4200
ron, voldie, lupin, hagrid, all the malfoys, bellatrix thats who i think

jasonowens4200
and snape

ndfreak
just for suture referance Jason theres an edit button at the right hand corner of the post. to help prevent double posting.

jasonowens4200
oh god excuse me everyone in here is so anal

siriuswriter
No, we just like to follow the rules, because they're set out for a reason.

Double posts stretch out the board, and usually only have one or two words, like yours. So, the edit button is there for a reason.

It's not really very good to call us all "anal" if you want to be friendly with everyone. no expression

Soops220
Ron will most definitely not die. He is like Sam from lord of the rings. Harry will sacrifice his life so that his best friend has a world worth living in.

The Weasley twins make it and go on to become filthy rich business men, whom spread the wealth throughout the whole family. Although one of the Weasley's will die. Mr Weasley or maybe Percy, or maybe the other brother brings a group of dragons to help and he dies.

Finally, what I am most sure of, is that Draco Malfoy lives. Death is not a fitting punishment for him. Its too quick and too easy.

dhong
Hedwig and Snape will die for sure

The Phantom
Originally posted by dhong
Hedwig and Snape will die for sure You're the first to say Hedwig... and I like that idea. I see it happening that Hedwig could die.

ndfreak
i dont see hedwig dieing. hes like fawkes is for DD. but perhaps he dive in front of an Avada kedavra aimed at Harry or something like that.

siriuswriter
*is starting to be convinced that Harry might not die after all after a long discussion with friends*

*wavers*

*Is thinking Harry will not die.*

The Phantom
*is starting to be convinced that Harry might not die after all after a long discussion with friends*

*wavers*

*Is thinking Harry will not die.* YOU SADISTIC CREEP! HOW DARE YOU THINK SUCH THINGS! *brainwashes*

siriuswriter
stick out tongue

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, bloodbath and all, my opinion has been changed.

I just wanted to record that here officially. smile

ndfreak
HARRY HAS TO DIE! IT"S THE ONLY WAY IT WORKS RIGHT! i'm too tired to say why but believe me, if i wasn't tired i think of... something.

The Phantom
I just want him dead.

siriuswriter
Now who's being sadistic?

You just want Ginny for yourself.

The Phantom
Now who's being sadistic?

You just want Ginny for yourself. Maybe. shifty

siriuswriter
*bangs head against laptop*

*then lights a candle in hope*

It shall be wonderful, whatever she does.

The Phantom
*bangs head against laptop*

*then lights a candle in hope*

It shall be wonderful, whatever she does. Nope.

Surreal_44
Who Will Die:

I think one of the Weasleys will die. Probably a twin.

Hagrid: Alive (I hope)

Snape: Dead

Voldemort: Definitely dead.

Draco/Malfoys: Maybe die. I think they live.

Harry, Ron and Hermione: Will live

Bill/Fluer: Will live.

Lupin/Tonks: Eh, I heard a rumor...I'll go with that and say, DEAD. It kind of seems like they have that whole 'doomed love' going on, don't they? It fits.

Various Hogwarts Students and Teachers: Will probably die at some point. Oooh, and ministry wizards.

Do we think Voldemort is going to go on a mass muggle killing spree?

All in all, I think this book is going to have a rather large body count, don't you?

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by Korosan
Hmmm I kinda have a small theory that has to do with characters deaths, I think MAYBE, just small maybe, that dumbledore, even tho he knew is was dangerous and wrong, made a horcrux out of fawkes or whatever, and when harry tries to take on voldemort for the final time he will lose but right before he is killed. Fawkes will come again like it did in the chamber of secrets only this time there is no sorting hat or sword, instead fawkes disappears or something and dumbledore will die taking voldemort down. Dumbledore might have been arguing with snape about killing him when the time came but snape argued because dumbledore didn't tell him he had a horcrux because he might have only trusted snape 99% not 100% ^_^ or something like that. and draco might get the jump on harry and almost kill him but snape, to make up for killing dumbledore will stop draco but be killed by voldemort soon after he saves Harry and betrays voldemort. That would make 2 good guys dead ^^ yea my theory probably has holes in it... *cry cry* (small theory...Nagini or whatever voldemorts snake's name is = Snake harry set free in the 1st book? DUM DUM DUMMM!) Thoughts please!?

NONONONONONONONO!!!!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

YOU TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!

sad sad sad

no one has ever come close to my theory before now

if anyone wants to hear it, pm me

its the best ive heard

even though that is kind of biased because its mine

whatever

BurnetteBeauty1
i think... that Harry is going to have to die in order for Voldemort to die, or something like that, and it is a great possibility that hagrid might die as well.

Problem_Child
i was just thinking this over last night what if wormtail and lupin died?the final members of the marauders first james (lily wasnt really apart of thier little clique) then sirius it makes sense

dhong
Originally posted by dhong
Hedwig and Snape will die for sure

Damn.. I should have bought lottery tickets this day.. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.