Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
I never played the original b/c I never intended to get it. But with all the hype and it being re-released for the Wii and the lack of Good Wii Titles ahora mismo, I decided to get it.

I'm enjoying it so far. The only thing that I gave me some trouble was the camera and the inability to shoot while moving.

So a "THING" would pop out at me and I immediately press the "B" Button while walking to bring out my gun and as soon as you bring out your gun, the movement button for controls the camera and stops you from walking. So as I'd naturally be pressing forward/up on it when I press the "B" button and the camera would shoot up and I'd loose my vision of the "THINGS" coming at me, then I'd over correct and go too far down.

SO yeah...I'm adjusting nicely and it seems to be fun so far. They say it's still fun for people who played the original and just as worthwhile, especially with the low price and all. It's said to be even better for those that didn't play the original so we'll see. I usually get so freaked out with these kinds of games, as I did with Resident Evil ZERO that I loose the will to play and stop as I did with Resident Evil ZERO, but the whole vibe and tone of this game, even with the scares (I've shouted once so far) is very different from ZERO and I doubt, or at least I hope, I'll feel the need to continue to play as I do now throughout the whole experience.

I was happy to see the game Sold Out just a while ago when I was out. I hope it does well.

SO who has purchased this game for the Wii and is it your first time playing it?

What do you think about the control scheme?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

JToTheP
I have it on GC and Ps2, I've heard the remote/chuk make this the best version, but I'm not sure if I wanna drop $30 again.

InnerRise
Originally posted by JToTheP
I have it on GC and Ps2, I've heard the remote/chuk make this the best version, but I'm not sure if I wanna drop $30 again. Being that this is my first time playing it, I really can't say from experience whether you should buy it again or not, but from what I've seen and read, it'd be worth your while to do so.

Being that you felt the need to replay it when it came out again for the Playstation 2, you seem like the type who would play through it again to experience the new control scheme. If it's primarily a money issue, it is ONLY $30 and I'd say go for it.

Personally. If I had played through the game already on another console, I wouldn't feel the need to replay it again, but I'm definitely enjoying the game and it's control scheme.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

JToTheP
Originally posted by InnerRise
Being that this is my first time playing it, I really can't say from experience whether you should buy it again or not, but from what I've seen and read, it'd be worth your while to do so.

Being that you felt the need to replay it when it came out again for the Playstation 2, you seem like the type who would play through it again to experience the new control scheme. If it's primarily a money issue, it is ONLY $30 and I'd say go for it.

Personally. If I had played through the game already on another console, I wouldn't feel the need to replay it again, but I'm definitely enjoying the game and it's control scheme.

Well, I bought it on Ps2 for Separate Ways, and to try the new gun, so that's why I'm considering it.

The one thing I've heard is the control scheme makes the 'real-time button presses' a lot easier, since the boulder on Professional for me was too difficult.

InnerRise
Well, I bought it on Ps2 for Separate Ways, and to try the new gun, so that's why I'm considering it.

The one thing I've heard is the control scheme makes the 'real-time button presses' a lot easier, since the boulder on Professional for me was too difficult. Oh yeah, I remember you saying that's why your bought it and your huge argument with another member.

I was wondering whether the Original included real time button pressing or if it was just included for the Wii.

As easy as the Wii button presses and Motions are, I can't imagine what they must have done to make it difficult on the other consoles.

What made it hard. How did the button presses go?

JToTheP
Oh yeah, I remember you saying that's why your bought it and your huge argument with another member.

I was wondering whether the Original included real time button pressing or if it was just included for the Wii.

As easy as the Wii button presses and Motions are, I can't imagine what they must have done to make it difficult on the other consoles.

What made it hard. How did the button presses go?

Yeah, a certain mod's buddy, but anyway.

No, the Wii version is the Ps2 version with GC version graphics and superior surround sound. The only change is the control scheme.

The trouble for me with the button presses was they used A+B, L+R, R1+L1, and X+Square I think, and for me slapping the two shoulder buttons is rather difficult when the boulder is always right behind Leon's heel on Professional.

InnerRise
Oh ok.

Well the one thing I regret doing is watching an episode of "CHEATS!" on G4 and they gave away the last boss battle, which is still kind of fuzzy and I dont' remember it all quite that well which is good, but I do remember them showing the ending Cutscene, so I know how it all ends, which sucks. They did say how the ending cutscene was kind of.......Anticlimatic.......a little cheesy.

What did you think and how many times have you actually replayed the game?

JToTheP
Oh ok.

Well the one thing I regret doing is watching an episode of "CHEATS!" on G4 and they gave away the last boss battle, which is still kind of fuzzy and I dont' remember it all quite that well which is good, but I do remember them showing the ending Cutscene, so I know how it all ends, which sucks. They did say how the ending cutscene was kind of.......Anticlimatic.......a little cheesy.

What did you think and how many times have you actually replayed the game?

Yeah, more hints of Leon's 'haha, gay' garbage basically.

My GC memory card had like 8 beaten games, and my ps2 either 4 or 5, and Separate Ways like 3 times.

The game just brought back the original Resident Evil trilogy feelings. Beat it, replay again and again, not so much Zero or REmake, even though REmake is as good as the Original and best in the series IMO.

Impediment
I've played RE4, all 3 versions (GC, PS2, and Wii) numerous times.

The GC still has the smoothest graphics of any version, because it's not a port like the PS2 and Wii versions.

The PS2 version has extra mission, costumes, weapons, and mini-games, yet the graphics suffer slightly, but not too much to make it a bad port.

The Wii version is, by far, both the funnest and hardest release to date, in my opinion. The control scheme makes the game far more challenging, and innovative as well. I feel like I'm experiencing RE4 again for the first time.

I didn't mind dropping $30 for the game since I didn't actually buy my PS2 version, rather I "borrowed" it from my friend and have yet to return it nearly a year later.

JToTheP
The Wii version is, by far, both the funnest and hardest release to date, in my opinion. The control scheme makes the game far more challenging, and innovative as well. I feel like I'm experiencing RE4 again for the first time.

Really? Well that alone is what I've heard and makes me consider again.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Impediment
I've played RE4, all 3 versions (GC, PS2, and Wii) numerous times.

The GC still has the smoothest graphics of any version, because it's not a port like the PS2 and Wii versions.

The PS2 version has extra mission, costumes, weapons, and mini-games, yet the graphics suffer slightly, but not too much to make it a bad port.

I didn't mind dropping $30 for the game since I didn't actually buy my PS2 version, rather I "borrowed" it from my friend and have yet to return it nearly a year later. I heard the Wii Control Scheme makes the game much easier actually and that the graphics match the Gamecube graphics.

Hmmm....

Even so.....I don't see myself playing again once I've completed it once.

General Kaliero
The control scheme does indeed make everything easier, but I think they tweaked the in-game difficulty to offset that. For JtotheP's benefit, I'll list what I think has been changed.

Ganados seem a lot tougher. As in 5-6 headshots to go down tougher.

Less ammo. Shotgun shells in particular come in boxes of 2 or 3. I have yet to see a box of 5.

Stronger knife. It's now a legimate (and possibly essential) strategy to shoot an enemy in the knee, then run up and knife them to death.

The bosses... I'm not sure about. Del Lago was the same, but El Gigante seemed much easier. They may have messed with the boss damages (I've read the bosses are weaker this time around...) but I won't know personally until I fight the Chief again.

SpadeKing
The wii control thing is hard especially when you are trying to shoot those los plagas after they pop out i'm missing becuase im to nervous.

I mean who wouldn't be nervous with 3 freakishly large tentacled worm things coming at you ready to bite your head off?

I liked the game so much I bought it twice and rented it once no expression rent for gamecube, bought for ps2, and wii

General Kaliero
Oh yes, can't forget that. If you get stressed out (say, by the village sequence right at the beginning of the game), you'll probably have shaking hands, which makes it a fair bit more difficult to aim properly.

Lana
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Oh yes, can't forget that. If you get stressed out (say, by the village sequence right at the beginning of the game), you'll probably have shaking hands, which makes it a fair bit more difficult to aim properly.

So in other words I'm never going to be able to play this game...

SpadeKing
I wasn't worried until the worm los plagas, the chainsaw guy, and the detachable-alien-vs-predator-look-a-like-plagas ermm

lets not forget trying to hit the stupid dogs while being tentacle whipped eek!

Smasandian
Wii version is far more easier.

Once I got ahold of the scheme (which pretty much is learning a new way of walking), I was popping bad guys left, right and centre.

The button presses part of the gameplay, I had a bit of trouble until I hit the island, then it got easier.

What else makes the game easier, especially if you play it is the knowing what guns are better. I didnt even relize that the Red6 was the best handgun. Getting that allowed me to get exclusives in three categories of guns and have the broken butterfly.

Overall, the game is easier by far, but considering its one of the best games ever made, who really cares. Dont get me wrong, its still an difficult game (but enjoyable difficult), but having played the original version, the bosses are much easier and by the end of the game, I had about 9-10 First Aid sprays, 3-4 r+g combo's and had full health since half way through the island part.

Still a great game....and freaky as hell.

upsidedown flip
Tried this game at my uncles house this weekend. It is alot more easier than the PS2 version. Once my uncle told me the controls I going through the village really quickly. The graphics look the same as the PS2 version. It's a good game, didn't find it scary because I knew what was going to how everytime.

Impediment
I just defeated Chief Mendes in the tool shed. It took me a few tries, but I naild the bastard. Now I'm going into Castle Salazar.

If Ashley gets picked up by a Ganado and carried away, it's tricky to shoot her free without hitting her in the process.

I'm still loving it, however. yes

AstroFan
I havent played this since like the day after came out, I need to get back into it. From what I played it was a little harder, but I just havent adapted to the controls yet.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by upsidedown flip
Tried this game at my uncles house this weekend. It is alot more easier than the PS2 version. Once my uncle told me the controls I going through the village really quickly. The graphics look the same as the PS2 version. It's a good game, didn't find it scary because I knew what was going to how everytime.

The Wii version is the same engine as superior Gamecube build of the game, so the graphics are better then the PS2 version.

Needless to say I played this game through like 10 times on the Cube, and for me its too early to play it again. Maybe sometime I'll pick up the Wii version, but I'm tired of RE4 since I played it so much on the Gamecube.

InnerRise
My God. How many times must one shoot that freaking Chainsaw Guy.

It wasn't til I got to him that My Death Record was Tarnished. The Handgun wasn't really doing anything so I switched to the Shotgun and it takes so long to reload and he'd get me. He got me a couple times before I finally got him and moved on.

grey fox
My God. How many times must one shoot that freaking Chainsaw Guy.

It wasn't til I got to him that My Death Record was Tarnished. The Handgun wasn't really doing anything so I switched to the Shotgun and it takes so long to reload and he'd get me. He got me a couple times before I finally got him and moved on.

Handgun on Dr Salvador laughing

NEVER use a low calibre weapon on DS , he's one tough sonuvabitch and needs at least 8 un-upgraded shotgun rounds pumped into him to put him down.

BTW have they put the Japanese 'Block the chainsaw' command prompt back in ?

InnerRise
Originally posted by grey fox
Handgun on Dr Salvador laughing

NEVER use a low calibre weapon on DS , he's one tough sonuvabitch and needs at least 8 un-upgraded shotgun rounds pumped into him to put him down.

BTW have they put the Japanese 'Block the chainsaw' command prompt back in ? It wasn't this Dr. Salvador that you speak of.

It was some civilian with this Bag over his head that happened to have a Chainsaw. It wasn't any specific character.

General Kaliero
No, IR, the "chainsaw guy" is officially named Dr. Salvador, mostly as an ironic joke.

And no, grey fox, as far as I can tell the chainsaw blocking prompt is still not in.

Impediment
Ah, the good Doctor. He is a pain in my arse.

InnerRise
God. Just a while ago I got through the sequence wher Leon and the President's daughter and Louis are in the cabin and the "THINGS" are coming from everywhere to get inside. I died like 4 times before I got through it. I was getting pissed and had no idea how we were supposed to survive it and when they were supposed to stop.

I hope there aren't many more sequences such as that one in the game.

I want you people's opinion. Does having the girl with you make the game harder or does it still feel the same or do you find comfort in knowing that you have someone else along with you finally?

Impediment
Having Ashley with you is more tense/hard because you have to protect her from the Ganados while trying to stay alive. It makes for more a challenge, if you ask me.

General Kaliero
However, she does make for a much more interesting time. Especially when you're looking up at her after dropping off a ledge in a genuine attempt to help her down and she grabs her skirt and yells "What are you looking at?!" or "Pervert!" ermm

Honestly though, I enjoy having her around more than going it alone, even if she does easily get grabbed by villagers and step into obvious traps.

Smasandian
Trust me, Inner, they're is alot of parts in this game just like the cabin part.

That's what makes it soo good, having all those setups.

But once you get into the groove of the game, its pretty easy. You die alot, but its because of something you did, and not the game being a *****.

But for me, the cabin and the first battle scene were the toughest I went through. I might be wrong, and somebody correct me, are the majority of enemies have the same hitpoints throughtout the game?

Ashley on the other hand really doesnt mean much to me, you keep her in the side of the room and your pretty much scott free because they never injure her at all. If they start to take her, they let go after one shot to any part of the body.

grey fox
No, IR, the "chainsaw guy" is officially named Dr. Salvador, mostly as an ironic joke.

And no, grey fox, as far as I can tell the chainsaw blocking prompt is still not in.

F*CK

That's the only thing which (imo) could make the game better (save for the ability to use Mercenary characters in the main game).Originally posted by InnerRise
God. Just a while ago I got through the sequence wher Leon and the President's daughter and Louis are in the cabin and the "THINGS" are coming from everywhere to get inside. I died like 4 times before I got through it. I was getting pissed and had no idea how we were supposed to survive it and when they were supposed to stop.

I hope there aren't many more sequences such as that one in the game.

I want you people's opinion. Does having the girl with you make the game harder or does it still feel the same or do you find comfort in knowing that you have someone else along with you finally?

Ashley can make things more difficult, it all matters on how you treat her. You can leave here in a secluded area away from enemies and then go on a 'cap the ganados' spree. Or you can have her following you and use her as a form of early warning on her reactions to the surroundings.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Smasandian
Trust me, Inner, they're is alot of parts in this game just like the cabin part.

That's what makes it soo good, having all those setups.

But once you get into the groove of the game, its pretty easy. You die alot, but its because of something you did, and not the game being a *****.

But for me, the cabin and the first battle scene were the toughest I went through. I might be wrong, and somebody correct me, are the majority of enemies have the same hitpoints throughtout the game?

Ashley on the other hand really doesnt mean much to me, you keep her in the side of the room and your pretty much scott free because they never injure her at all. If they start to take her, they let go after one shot to any part of the body. Yeah, at first I didn't realize I could push the shelves in front of the wooded doors and windows and push the ladders down upstairs to hinder their accent upon me, so that helped once I figured it out.

One "first battle scene" are you referring to?

I'm really enjoying the game so far. The maps can just be overwhelming when you first look at them until you realize that it doesn't take many steps for Leon and Ashley to cover a single area. The flow of the game is nice as well.

Now that I'm getting further in (The Castle) my only problem is "CHOICE". The Merchant is getting better items and I sit there for who knows how long just deciding what to buy, what to sell, or if I'll buy anything at all, and then what to upgrade or not. So many choices.

Thank God it's easy to find money and items to sell though.

Smasandian
The first village is what I call the first battle because its pretty much a battle.

Yeah, the weapon choices take that game from being great to ****ing awesome.

First time through, I kidna of ****ed up the choices by always upgrading my gun, and replacing it with something IE riot gun.

grey fox
Yeah, at first I didn't realize I could push the shelves in front of the wooded doors and windows and push the ladders down upstairs to hinder their accent upon me, so that helped once I figured it out.

One "first battle scene" are you referring to?

I'm really enjoying the game so far. The maps can just be overwhelming when you first look at them until you realize that it doesn't take many steps for Leon and Ashley to cover a single area. The flow of the game is nice as well.

Now that I'm getting further in (The Castle) my only problem is "CHOICE". The Merchant is getting better items and I sit there for who knows how long just deciding what to buy, what to sell, or if I'll buy anything at all, and then what to upgrade or not. So many choices.

Thank God it's easy to find money and items to sell though.

Dont buy the Killer Seven OR the Riot Shotgun.

JToTheP
The first village is what I call the first battle because its pretty much a battle.

First time through, I kidna of ****ed up the choices by always upgrading my gun, and replacing it with something IE riot gun.

Well, you could call it a mini battle I suppose, and maybe the chainsaw guy might be considered the mini boss.

Smasandian
I would say its a battle.

Everybody is attacking you, and your fighting them.

Morridini
Does Leons head fall off when he gets killed by Dr. Salvador? I saw a Wii and GC comparison of the game and in the Wii version Leon simply died, no head rolling off. I think they might just have compared a European GC version to a US Wii version, but if there is no head rolling I doubt I will get this game.

InnerRise

First time through, I kidna of ****ed up the choices by always upgrading my gun, and replacing it with something IE riot gun. Originally posted by grey fox
Dont buy the Killer Seven OR the Riot Shotgun. D@MN! I just bought the Riot Gun a little while ago today.

What's so bad about it?

Yeah I do feel kind of cheated. I've spent time uploading a gun and then I come across a better one and I want it, but I've also upgraded the one that I'm about to sell, so I'm kind of iffy on whether it's a fair trade.

Ahora mismo I have the Semi Auto Sniper, Riot Gun, Red9, and the TMP.

I haven't bought the Rocket Launcher yet b/c I see no use for it and no ammo is available yet. I haven't bought the Broken Butterfly yet b/c no ammo is available for it yet, but really do want it, I'm just concerned with the Reloading Time.

I uploaded my original gun and then sold it once I got the Punisher, which I upgraded some and sold it once I was able to get the Red9, and I've been upgrading that. I didn't upgrade my Original Sniper at all, so I don't think it was that bad for me to sell it and purchase the Semi Auto.

I also purchased all the necessary side equipment to each weapon. I did upgrade my original shot gun where it had the same Fire power as the Riot Gun, the same Firing Speed, Slower Reload and a Higher capacity.

But it said it worked good at long distances to and it started off at a higher fire power than the original one. So in the end, I ended up with the same fire power, same firing speed, faster reload, and lower capacity, but I'm sure in all due time after some upgrades, which I've done, I'll feel more confident in my purchase. Now I'm just waiting for the Broken Butterfly ammunition. I'll definitely have to start upgrading that Reloading Time once I get it right away.

I also remember Smasandian commenting on the Red6 being the best weapon in the game, which I haven't come upon yet, so I'm waiting to see that become available, which also causes me to wonder how much I should upgrade my Red9 and if I should even purchase the Butterfly......choices choices choices....

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that just the other day, maybe yesterday, I jumped through a window to enter a room and Ashley was behind, so I figured she would jump the window as well. So I'm in the room and the next thing I know, the door to my right burst open and I immediately draw my weapon, aim and fire, and it was Ashley, who had run around to the side door to enter the room that way. Of course me being the superb Gunsmen that I am, I hit her dead on and killed her. My first killing of Ashley. Ugh. And all it takes is 1 shot. I also killed her today while trying to shoot at this Monks or whatever they are in the castle that were trying to carry her away.

Also, what's with the carry away time. Ashley has only been attempted to be carried away a few times. The first time I had ample time to get her back and then today, I think it may have been the 2 time, he grabs her and within seconds, I didn't even have time to turn around and save her, the screen cuts to him carrying her away and I lose. That was cheap.

But other than that, I've had plenty of time to get away, especially during the situation where Ahsley is cranking the thing in the castle and you're left at the bottom aiming up protecting her while she goes to work.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Morridini
Does Leons head fall off when he gets killed by Dr. Salvador? I saw a Wii and GC comparison of the game and in the Wii version Leon simply died, no head rolling off. I think they might just have compared a European GC version to a US Wii version, but if there is no head rolling I doubt I will get this game. Yes, his head does get cut off and rolls off. Happened to me about 3 times.

Smasandian
The actual game is pretty easy compared to the GC version.

Skeets
D@MN! I just bought the Riot Gun a little while ago today.

What's so bad about it?

Yeah I do feel kind of cheated. I've spent time uploading a gun and then I come across a better one and I want it, but I've also upgraded the one that I'm about to sell, so I'm kind of iffy on whether it's a fair trade.

Ahora mismo I have the Semi Auto Sniper, Riot Gun, Red9, and the TMP.

You should stay with the original Hand gun throughout the game.After you get it's exclusive you'll be popping heads with one shot.
The Riot gun is useless really,you should stay with the original Shot-gun until you have enough for the Striker.
Oh and the Broken Butterfly you find in a room before the garden,which you'll need Ashley to help you get.
The Butterfly is the way better than the killer 7....

InnerRise
Originally posted by Skeets
You should stay with the original Hand gun throughout the game.After you get it's exclusive you'll be popping heads with one shot.
The Riot gun is useless really,you should stay with the original Shot-gun until you have enough for the Striker.
Oh and the Broken Butterfly you find in a room before the garden,which you'll need Ashley to help you get.
The Butterfly is the way better than the killer 7.... What do you mean when you say "it's exclusive"? Do you mean once I've upgraded all of it's stats to the maximum?

Concerning the Broken Butterfly. I'm referring to the Merchant having it available to purchase, which I've come across in his inventory. I didn't know you could actually find the weapons lying around as well.

And I actually just passed that room you're referring to today, but of course Ashley isn't with me b/c she got herself caught in a trap so I'm on my way to save her. I guess I'll do a little backtracking and go back to the room once I get her.

Smasandian
After you tune up your guns the last tune up is called an exclusive. It usually invovles some sort of crazy thing like the Striker (the last shotgun you can get) getting 100 ammo, or the broken butterfly getting 50 damage per bullet.

They're extremely expansive.

Inner, your questions regarding your weapon choices.
Red9 ( I called it the red6 by mistake) is the most powerful handgun they're is. It's exclusive is 5.6 damage per bullet, which is the highest. It's ten times better than the regular handgun.

The riotgun isnt a bad weapon by no means. It's just kinda of pointless. The second time through, I just upgraded my regular shotgun till I got the striker, thus saving money for other weapons.

Your weapon loadout is pretty good. The sniper rifle is very important in my opinion. I dont know how many times I used it, especially when you meet an certain enemy type ( I wont spoil it but its pretty much a given that you need the rifle). A shotgun is very important also, and once you start facing against numerous enemies, its essential to clear them out with the shotty. Handguns, especially the Red9 are obvious (dont get the punisher, its useless). TMP on the other hand, meh, if you have the shotty, I wouldnt even bother.

The Broken Butterfly, in my opinion is pretty good to have. I used it alot against bosses, so if your having trouble, its pretty nice to have, not essential, but nice. Generally, magnum ammo is around near bosses and you get enough to be able to use it. Word of warning, if your running low on ammo and you know your getting near a boss, once you get to an merchant, wait until you tune up your butterfly's increase ammo tuneup because once you do that, you get the ammo you tuned it up too. IE...you have 2 bullets left, get the tune up, now you have 12 bullets for free.

Rockets on the other hand, useless in my opinion, espcially for the price. You find an free one in the castle, and I kept it for one boss thats impossible to kill. Other than that, the butterfly should be good for you.

Your question about Ashley and how sometimes the guys take her right away, and sometimes its an very long time. It's all relative on how close your are to an door. Sometimes you dont relize that Ashley is right beside it.

Impediment
The most essential weapons to have are the semi-auotmatic rifle, any kind of shotgun (preferably the riot shotty and above), and a powerful handgun, like the Blacktail. As you progress farther int he game, you might want to obtain the Broken Butterfly, namely the free one you can obtain while in the Castle Salazar after you free Ashley from the wall trap where Luis died.

General Kaliero
Smasandian, which boss was "impossible to kill" without the rocket? I've killed them all without it...

Now, that one bit in the castle with the pair of Garradores... *shudders*

Smasandian
I guess thats what they're called...

That one boss fight in the sewer system.

He's not impossible (or is it a she?), but its obvious that the point of the boss fight is to get onto the elevator without killing it. You can kill if you want, but it takes a godlot of bullets.

With the rocket though, it was done in about 5 minutes.

General Kaliero
Oh, right, the Verdugo.

Using the nitrogen tanks and the Butterfly worked just fine for me. Dunno how much my Butterfly had been upgraded by then, though.

grey fox
On easy mode though you never pick up the Broken Butterfly for free....

JToTheP
Oh, right, the Verdugo.

Using the nitrogen tanks and the Butterfly worked just fine for me. Dunno how much my Butterfly had been upgraded by then, though.

Mine usually is up to 18.0, sometimes 20.0, and he goes down after the 3 tanks.

On easy mode though you never pick up the Broken Butterfly for free....

Easy mode? You must be referring to the Japanese version, you can get it on Normal AND Professional for Free. Hell, I either buy the Riot Gun as soon as I get into the castle, or the BB to torture the blind guy in the basement in 2 shots, and sell the Free BB.

Morridini
This darned thread has made me itch to replay R4, too bad silly Norway have such high price on the Wii version. I don't want to spend 80$ on a Wii game I already own on the GC.

InnerRise
It was a nice surprise when I entered the sequence today where you play as Ashley. The whole darkness with the flashlight thing looked great.

Took me a while to figure out how to rescue her though. The first time I shot at her and killed her, so after that I didn't attempt to shoot at her for a while and I finally came around to try something similar again.

Also, I came upon the Rocket Launcher (Free) and I didn't have enough space, then I get to the merchant and he has a larger case for sale, so thankfully after selling some stuff, including all of my grenades and rifle bullets (Which would have really put me in a jam in rescuing Ashley if I didn't have enough rifle bullets already loaded into my rifle. So then I went back and got the rocket launcher, just in case I need it for that "impossible boss". I don't know how long I'll keep it though b/c it is big. Still, with the new case I still have plenty of space but I can imagine that changing once I go back to get the get the Broken Butterfly.

So what's the deal with that other gun, whose name escapes me at this point in time. The one that shoots things out and they attach and explode after a certain amount of time. I have no intention on purchasing that. No ammo available for in sight as well.

InnerRise
Also, during the part of the game right after the sequence where Leon, Ashley, and Luis are trapped inside the cabin fending off the zombies and you get to choose to take the right path, which contains El Gigante or the Left Path, which contains a nice number of Ganados, which path did you people choose?

Morridini
Saved the game, tried one, loaded, tried other, and decided to either continue the second way or load and do the first one again, depending on what was most profitable and fun.

Smasandian
Did both.

I wanted the money, and I got alot of it from those two paths.

Inner, you sold all your grenades? Man, the second time through, I used those all the time. They made my life alot more easier with big groups. One flashbang stuns them all in place, then a couple of incendiary grenades to kill all the easy enemies.

General Kaliero
Flashbangs also do wonders for el Gigantes.

I always do the villager path, then go back and do the Gigante path. Yay money.

Smasandian
Yeah they do.

I never used flashbangs. Before actually getting grips with the control scheme, I started using flashbangs... I guess I just kept doing it.

Skeets
Is is true that after you kill the 2 EL Gigantes in the lava pits,you can't go back and get the money?
As in the money doesn't appear anymore....no expression

grey fox
The Minethrower is (mainly) a weapon for kicks. Ammo is available, but only after you buy the gun (the ammo usually comes in 3's) if you get full upgrades (and a scope, which is pretty damn necessary) you can do perfect headshots and such alike.

I usually get rid of enough space for the Rocket Launcher then sell it , no Boss is impossible to me (Verdugo i run from or fight depending on my current inventory).

On the split I take El Gigante, the Ganados seem to overwhelm me, especially the two B*tches with the Chainsaws.....

JToTheP
Is is true that after you kill the 2 EL Gigantes in the lava pits,you can't go back and get the money?
As in the money doesn't appear anymore....no expression

I always dropped one in, and BB'd the other one, and the money showed up for me on Ps2, and GC.

JToTheP
The Minethrower is (mainly) a weapon for kicks. Ammo is available, but only after you buy the gun (the ammo usually comes in 3's) if you get full upgrades (and a scope, which is pretty damn necessary) you can do perfect headshots and such alike.

I usually get rid of enough space for the Rocket Launcher then sell it , no Boss is impossible to me (Verdugo i run from or fight depending on my current inventory).

On the split I take El Gigante, the Ganados seem to overwhelm me, especially the two B*tches with the Chainsaws.....

I never saw them the first time I played and went left, I really didn't, and it was on Normal.

Morridini
Btw do anyone know if the Wii is region based or region free? As it seems to get RE4 Wii version in a reasonable price I should import it from somewhere.

JToTheP
I think every console is still region locked.

InnerRise
Did both.

I wanted the money, and I got alot of it from those two paths.

Inner, you sold all your grenades? Man, the second time through, I used those all the time. They made my life alot more easier with big groups. One flashbang stuns them all in place, then a couple of incendiary grenades to kill all the easy enemies. I actually haven't been using Grenades as much as I think I should be.

I haven't used in Flashbangs yet, but I intend to to see how they are. I've used a few Incendio and a Grenade or 2.

I don't know. When I'm going at 'em, the grenades just don't cross my mind, I'm just focusing on shooting them.

Speaking of grenades, last night I actually got to the point in the castle where Ashley is taken again by those flying bugs and I get to the point where after getting the gears to rotate and the draw bridge to drop down and cross it and you get into that first room.

So there's some monks in there and these 2 Big Things with claws that I've fought twice before on 2 seperate occassions but now they're 2 at once. So it completely overwhelmed. I was running away in that enclosed area every chance I got and I decided to throw a grenade, and it hits a column and bounces back and kills me.

So I go at it again and enter the room, but this time only one of those big clawed things runs down at me. I'm thinking maybe the game is random in this area as to how many you have to fight, but then I look up there and see the only is just up there walking around stupidly.

And he doesn't decide to run down until just as I'm finishing off the first one. So that was good luck on my part.

But yeah, the grenades haven't really played a big role in my game. They do come in handy on one occassion where I had 2 groups of monks coming at me from the front and the side and I through some incendio at both groups which really slowed them down and killed some if I'm remembering correctly.

InnerRise
I would also like to mention something concerning the up above battle that I mentioned.

The .45 Magnum really came in handy. I was battling the Claw thing and then more monks started coming from somewhere, which hindered me some, and I had forgotten all about the .45 Magnum and so I decided to use it on the Claw thing and even though I didn't hit it in it's weak spot on it's back, it would still stumble back and lay off some for a few seconds and give me a few seconds to kill the monks and get back to him, so yeah. That gun is really nice to have and really came in handy.

I'm not even sure if I shot the thing in it's weak spot when I was shooting with the .45 Magnum and killed it.

Smasandian
I actually haven't been using Grenades as much as I think I should be.

I haven't used in Flashbangs yet, but I intend to to see how they are. I've used a few Incendio and a Grenade or 2.

I don't know. When I'm going at 'em, the grenades just don't cross my mind, I'm just focusing on shooting them.

Speaking of grenades, last night I actually got to the point in the castle where Ashley is taken again by those flying bugs and I get to the point where after getting the gears to rotate and the draw bridge to drop down and cross it and you get into that first room.

So there's some monks in there and these 2 Big Things with claws that I've fought twice before on 2 seperate occassions but now they're 2 at once. So it completely overwhelmed. I was running away in that enclosed area every chance I got and I decided to throw a grenade, and it hits a column and bounces back and kills me.

So I go at it again and enter the room, but this time only one of those big clawed things runs down at me. I'm thinking maybe the game is random in this area as to how many you have to fight, but then I look up there and see the only is just up there walking around stupidly.

And he doesn't decide to run down until just as I'm finishing off the first one. So that was good luck on my part.

But yeah, the grenades haven't really played a big role in my game. They do come in handy on one occassion where I had 2 groups of monks coming at me from the front and the side and I through some incendio at both groups which really slowed them down and killed some if I'm remembering correctly.

I remember that scene. If I'm not mistaken, I killed both monks right from the start with my rifle, then the claw guys came after me. Killed both, and then when you get onto the stairs, then the other monks come. It usually happens like that.

I love that area with the bugs when they take Ashley. You get soo much cash from it.

InnerRise
I remember that scene. If I'm not mistaken, I killed both monks right from the start with my rifle, then the claw guys came after me. Killed both, and then when you get onto the stairs, then the other monks come. It usually happens like that.

I love that area with the bugs when they take Ashley. You get soo much cash from it. Well yeah, I killed the 2 monks from the get go as well. But after I killed the first Clawed Monster at the bottom, the other Clawed Monster and I moved up the stairs to that area with the bells, which I realized afterwards and could have used during the battle to draw it's attention as I did with the first one down in the cellar at the beginning of the castle.

So after getting to the top of the stairs with my back turned and facing the monster, I hear that creepy laugh that lets you know that they're right behind you so they actually came out of that area while I was still fighting the thing. Maybe if I had stayed down below they wouldn't have come out so soon.

And actually, in the area where they took Ahsley, I decided to enter from the window instead of the door and I left Ashley on the ledge away from any danger. Then all of a sudden as I'm running in the room a cutscene comes up showing ASHLEY running in the room with me and she got taken away, so I guess my strategy was for nothing. I thought the side window entrance was there for a reason. I guess not.

WHAT CASH.................no expression

Smasandian
Well, not cash per se, but cash from all the gems you get from the bugs.

Just shoot that big ass sack and you get atleast 15 gems, that are roughly worth 1000-2000.

InnerRise
Yeah, I killed the bugs.

The SAC.....jawdrop

I shot at it 1 time and got no response so I decided not to waste my bullets.

I want to go back to that place AHORA MISMO. no expression

By the way, today I finally upgraded all of my Red9's stats to the max. Nothing happened though. Is the exclusive like something totally seperate that'll become available later or is the Red9 itself going to be upgraded into the exclusive later? I thought that as soon as I upgraded all of the stats to the max that something would automatically happen and it would become an exclusive.

Here are all of my weapons:
1. TMP
2. Red9
3. Striker
4. Semi Auto Rifle
5. Broken Butterfly
6. Rocket Launcher

Oh yeah. My God. That part where you fall through the trap floor down into the sewer under the castle and you're walking through the sewer and at 2 incidents it cuts to this red filtered vision of the exact sewer you're in but whatever it is is behind you just a little ways and it's screeching or making some noise and moving really fast really freaked me out.

I got into the Elevator room and was literally afraid to walk out of the room b/c I knew the based on the last vision that the thing would be right on me as soon as I walked out.

It took me a while to regain my composure and to walk out. God that was stressful.

I decided not to kill it, I shot at it when I was stuck in the first room with the control switch b/c I was hoping I could quickly kill it and avoid getting killed. I threw down the tanks to freeze it and I shot at it. By the time I got to the tank in the hallway on my way to the elevator, I just threw it down and kept running, just to slow it down, b/c I thought the elevator was up and ready since the first door opened. But of course I was wrong.

Once I realized this I immediately go and throw down the tank that's in the elevator room with me thinking that it would burst threw the door any minute. Of course it didn't burst into the door at that time b/c it was still frozen from the gas tank I threw down in the hall so by the time it came in, the gas tank I had just kicked down was had emptied out and I just had to buy time and run around in that little room and dodge and take some damage until the elevator came up. I didn't bother to waste my bullets and kill him.

grey fox
The 'Clawed Monsters' weak point is the visible las plagas on his back. If you shoot the bells , he'll attack them and (occasional) get his claws stuck in them . Giving you a prime opportunity to blast the shit out the thing.

I believe the Verdugo ( thing you were running from with the red-filtered vision) was the 'Impossible Boss' they were mentioning earlier on .

grey fox
WTF IS THE ARROW COMBINATION ARGHHHHHHHH

In the Church I accidentally screwed up the light puzzle and now I can't reset it ! I need to know the specific location (up down left right) that each colours arrow is pointing to get past !

Smasandian
Inner,

The exclusive for the Red9 will eventually come. When you go the Merchant, it says the Red9 can be upgraded. When you get that screen, it will say exclusive.

Dude, get rid of the TMP man...it's a dead weight.

JToTheP
TMP is never neccesary, I used:

Red9
Riot Gun (Since later on I use the shotgun regularly, and distance)
Auto-Rifle (Makes up for the lack of close up damage with Riot)
BB

And I squeeze in an RL whenever I need it, but I never use more than that at a time, just one from each 'gun class' if you will.

I don't upgrade the first shotgun at all, I get all the pestas I can, buy an RL for the first El Gigante, and do my best at the village chief with flash grenades and the reg. shotgun.

Smasandian
I only used a rocket launcher in the game once.

I find it more enjoyable to actually kill the bosses.

InnerRise
WTF IS THE ARROW COMBINATION ARGHHHHHHHH

In the Church I accidentally screwed up the light puzzle and now I can't reset it ! I need to know the specific location (up down left right) that each colours arrow is pointing to get past ! Sorry, that's so far back. I can't remember.

Just look at the shapes of the center picture and find those shapes in the individual colors along the outside and match them up. It's not guess work.

What do you mean you messed it up and can't reset it? You can try as many times as it takes.

Inner,

The exclusive for the Red9 will eventually come. When you go the Merchant, it says the Red9 can be upgraded. When you get that screen, it will say exclusive.

Dude, get rid of the TMP man...it's a dead weight.
Yeah, I purchased the exclusive earlier today. I thought it would be free. God it's a lot of money.

I actually fall back on the TMP when I run out of ammo for my Red9.

Also, today I came upon the Killer7. I haven't really seen any of you really talk about it much. It seems powerful enough. Is it just not worth selling in your Broken Butterfly and purchasing it?
TMP is never neccesary, I used:

Red9
Riot Gun (Since later on I use the shotgun regularly, and distance)
Auto-Rifle (Makes up for the lack of close up damage with Riot)
BB

And I squeeze in an RL whenever I need it, but I never use more than that at a time, just one from each 'gun class' if you will.

I don't upgrade the first shotgun at all, I get all the pestas I can, buy an RL for the first El Gigante, and do my best at the village chief with flash grenades and the reg. shotgun.
Why didn't you purchase the Striker?

I only used a rocket launcher in the game once.

I find it more enjoyable to actually kill the bosses.

Are there just bosses in this game or are there Mini Bosses as well b/c it's kind of hard to discern. I've been reading a lot of reviews and people say the bosses get bigger and bigge and then I come upon these nice bosses but they aren't exactly HUGE, so I'm thinking they must be Mini bosses or something.

I finally used the Flash Grenades for the first time today on the island. I don't think I used them to the best of their abilities though, b/c I had also used an Incendio Grenade so some were already on fire and I couldn't really see the Flash Grenade's effects on them.

I really am under using the grenades. I don't even think to use them on boss battles or large groups or anything.

The button presses part of the gameplay, I had a bit of trouble until I hit the island, then it got easier.

What else makes the game easier, especially if you play it is the knowing what guns are better. I didnt even relize that the Red6 was the best handgun. Getting that allowed me to get exclusives in three categories of guns and have the broken butterfly. By "button presses" do you mean the interactive cutscenes?

And what do you mean when you say "getting the Red9 allowed you to get exclusives in 3 categories of guns and have the broken butterfly."?

grey fox
Sorry, that's so far back. I can't remember.

Just look at the shapes of the center picture and find those shapes in the individual colors along the outside and match them up. It's not guess work.

What do you mean you messed it up and can't reset it? You can try as many times as it takes.

Yeah, I purchased the exclusive earlier today. I thought it would be free. God it's a lot of money.

I actually fall back on the TMP when I run out of ammo for my Red9.

Also, today I came upon the Killer7. I haven't really seen any of you really talk about it much. It seems powerful enough. Is it just not worth selling in your Broken Butterfly and purchasing it?

Why didn't you purchase the Striker?

Are there just bosses in this game or are there Mini Bosses as well b/c it's kind of hard to discern. I've been reading a lot of reviews and people say the bosses get bigger and bigge and then I come upon these nice bosses but they aren't exactly HUGE, so I'm thinking they must be Mini bosses or something.

I finally used the Flash Grenades for the first time today on the island. I don't think I used them to the best of their abilities though, b/c I had also used an Incendio Grenade so some were already on fire and I couldn't really see the Flash Grenade's effects on them.

I really am under using the grenades. I don't even think to use them on boss battles or large groups or anything.

By "button presses" do you mean the interactive cutscenes?

And what do you mean when you say "getting the Red9 allowed you to get exclusives in 3 categories of guns and have the broken butterfly."?

The lights go in a Green , Red Blue combination. Unlike most puzzles though 'quitting' doesn't reset them.

InnerRise
The lights go in a Green , Red Blue combination. Unlike most puzzles though 'quitting' doesn't reset them. Oh....well.....resetting shouldn't really be an issue.

You don't really get an advantage with being able to start off with how they original were.

It's the same either way. It's not as if they were correct in their original positions.

It shouldn't affect your gameplay at all.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
Grey fox, that's not exactly a hard puzzle, as long as you know how light works. Just spin each piece so that all of one base color in the center would be covered by the same color on the outside piece.

Impediment
The hardest puzzle, for me, was the square slide when you play as Ashley in the catacombs. I hate those damn things.

grey fox
The hardest puzzle, for me, was the square slide when you play as Ashley in the catacombs. I hate those damn things.

That was a *****Originally posted by InnerRise
Oh....well.....resetting shouldn't really be an issue.

You don't really get an advantage with being able to start off with how they original were.

It's the same either way. It's not as if they were correct in their original positions.

It shouldn't affect your gameplay at all.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Let me explain simpler.

The Puzzle starts off with the arrows pointing in a certain way.

From this way you need to turn it Red - 3 G -2 B -1 . I f*cked it up and now I can't reset it to it's original position so I cannot use the above formula thus It's bloody annoying Trial and Area....

InnerRise
That was a *****

Let me explain simpler.

From this way you need to turn it Red - 3 G -2 B -1 . I f*cked it up and now I can't reset it to it's original position so I cannot use the above formula thus It's bloody annoying Trial and Area.... Oh I see. You've figured out from somewhere how to put it together from it's original setting.

Well yeah, I guess you're just going to have to do it yourself. It's not that hard though.

It's just matching up the shapes and colors in the middle, to the seperate shapes and colors along the outside.

It's almost like a puzzle.

Smasandian
That puzzle was a cake walk.

The sliding puzzle was so annoying.

grey fox
YES

I just did it !

(Pretty sad considering I've ran through the game five-six times)

My current Arsenal consists of.

Red 9 - Much stronger then Punisher or Ordinary handgun.

Shotgun - A necessary

Bolt Rifle - Upgraded like the shotgun, i've got 10 head shots so far. (I dislike them though due to the plaga emerging) .

TMP - Great for crowd control when you can't be assed to deal with a plaga potentially emerging (which happens if you use the Shotgun)

Grenades of several varieties - Used an incendiary to fry 5 Ganados .

InnerRise
I just found this hilarious.

This Japanese Gamer just can't Handle Resident Evil 2. Don't worry. What he says is all translated into English, although most of it is just screams and yelps anyway. wink

nCTKIqfmiWo

General Kaliero
Might have been more on-topic to post the similar "screaming wimpy Japanese gamer" vid with, y'know, RE4 instead of 2? ermm

Smasandian
What Japenese gamer uses the word bollocks?

General Kaliero
Maybe the translator is British? Or it's an equivalent colloquialism?

Smasandian
Maybe, it just didnt make sense......

General Kaliero
It was a Japanese gamer jibbering wildly as a mildly creepy game ripped his mind into little pink shreds. Where was making sense required? ermm

Morridini
Well it did not seem real at all though, so why make sense if you are going to make something stupid in the first place?

JToTheP

This Japanese Gamer just can't Handle Resident Evil 2. Don't worry. What he says is all translated into English, although most of it is just screams and yelps anyway. wink

nCTKIqfmiWo

THAT'S CRAZY, I WAS SHOWING MY FRIENDS THAT ON TUESDAY! eek! laughing

Xenogears

nCTKIqfmiWo

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Now that is funny. laughing

Smasandian
It was a Japanese gamer jibbering wildly as a mildly creepy game ripped his mind into little pink shreds. Where was making sense required? ermm

Well, I'm pretty sure its a fake, and not actually real.

Sweet Escape
That was a *****

Let me explain simpler.

From this way you need to turn it Red - 3 G -2 B -1 . I f*cked it up and now I can't reset it to it's original position so I cannot use the above formula thus It's bloody annoying Trial and Area....

Your talking about the lab, with the Regenerators, and the Iron Maiden, right?

That puzzle took me a couple of tries too.

Victor Von Doom
The control scheme does indeed make everything easier, but I think they tweaked the in-game difficulty to offset that. For JtotheP's benefit, I'll list what I think has been changed.

At first the controls are harder, but once you get used to it it's amazingly easier.

Ganados seem a lot tougher. As in 5-6 headshots to go down tougher.

I didn't notice that.

Stronger knife. It's now a legimate (and possibly essential) strategy to shoot an enemy in the knee, then run up and knife them to death.

It's the same. I've been using that tactic since the GC.

The bosses... I'm not sure about. Del Lago was the same, but El Gigante seemed much easier. They may have messed with the boss damages (I've read the bosses are weaker this time around...) but I won't know personally until I fight the Chief again.

The damages are the same, but the fights are much easier due to the superior controls, especially Salazar (provided we are not doing the cheapo rocket launcher kill).

Originally posted by Sweet Escape
Your talking about the lab, with the Regenerators, and the Iron Maiden, right?

That puzzle took me a couple of tries too.

It's simple, you just face the arrows towards the next colour, making a path from beginning to end.

Impediment
The Regenerators are a pain in the ass, but only if you don't have the Thermal Scope. All you have to do is kill the Plagas with the rifle, and then use one good magum shot to make them explode. An easy 5,000 pesetas.

Victor Von Doom
I envy the people that haven't finished the game yet.

I can't wait for RE5.

Sweet Escape
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It's simple, you just face the arrows towards the next colour, making a path from beginning to end.

Yeah I know how to do it. I was just asking if thats the part he was on, cause it seemed like the other posters thought he was on the light puzzle in the church, when you first rescue Ashley

The Regenerators are a pain in the ass, but only if you don't have the Thermal Scope. All you have to do is kill the Plagas with the rifle, and then use one good magum shot to make them explode. An easy 5,000 pesetas.

They're extremely easy when you can use those gates to trap them, and then they're standing there while you shoot.

Though I must say, the scariest part of the entire game was when you're walking through the jail, and you hear the iron maiden in the cell, but you cant tell which one, and then it just jumps out. I almost died that night laughing

Smasandian
At first the controls are harder, but once you get used to it it's amazingly easier.

I didn't notice that.

It's the same. I've been using that tactic since the GC.

The damages are the same, but the fights are much easier due to the superior controls, especially Salazar (provided we are not doing the cheapo rocket launcher kill).

Totally agree about Salazar. He was pretty easy. The only part I have trouble with is the time button presses when it comes to bosses. I'm so used to the GC controller that when it prompts you to wave the wiimote, I totally mess it up.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah it's hard to get used to at first. Not so bad once you do, though.

Smasandian
It around Salazar that I finally got it.

InnerRise
Did nobody purchase the Killer7 or the Vest b/c I'm pretty sure I'll be doing so, especially the vest.

Victor Von Doom
The vest is a decent purchase, but you can't buy it on Pro.

The Killer7 isn't worth buying if you already have the Broken Butterfly. Otherwise it's up to you.

Does anyone else actually buy the mine launcher? Can't just be me.

Impediment
The vest is essential. Get it.

The Killer 7 is good, but, like Victor already said, the Broken Butterfly is sufficient if you keep upgrading. It helps a lot for when you have to fight "It".

§P0oONY
You can't move in aiming mode in the Wii version, this makes it harder... Which I like, as I have lost count of the number of times I've completed the GC version.

Broken Butterfly is greater than Killer 7, Killer 7 doesn't even have an exclusive for **** sake...

I buy the Mine Thrower.... It's a handy, cheap little gun.

Weapons I use (excluding specials):

Red 9,
Mine Thrower,
Striker,
Broken Buterfly,
Regular Rifle too, cheapest... That's the only reason why, I don't use it enough to care.

That's all... I only use the Mine and Magnum on rare occasions though.

Smasandian
The vest is essential. Get it.

The Killer 7 is good, but, like Victor already said, the Broken Butterfly is sufficient if you keep upgrading. It helps a lot for when you have to fight "It".

Really?

My second time with the Wii version, I didnt buy it until the end boss. I rarely ran out of health. I had atleast 8 First Aid Spray's, and probably 4-5 R+G vials, and full health too.

I never needed it.

JToTheP
Did nobody purchase the Killer7 or the Vest b/c I'm pretty sure I'll be doing so, especially the vest.

I purchased it the first time I played.

They should of given it an exclusive though, maybe loading it with 20 bullets would make it a decent gun to have, but without an exclusive it's useless.

grey fox

Purchased the vest , not the Killer 7 it's a useless weapon.

upsidedown flip
yea purchase the vest, hte killer7 is useless the broken butterfly's exclusive is really good.

Skeets
Just beat the game,gonna do mercenary now.

InnerRise
Yeah, thanks people. I purchased the Vest yesterday and decided to hold off on the Killer7 just in case and good thing I did. I definitely won't be getting it now.

I like the fact that the Vest and the hand gloves and pads actually show on the character model as I figured it would.

Victor Von Doom

§P0oONY
The Killer7 isn't exactly useless, because it starts with good stats. It's OK if you don't have much money, don't have the BB, or don't want to spend money on the magnum.

I use the same, but the better rifle.

I also don't upgrade any guns that precede these, IE the first cheapo shotgun, the Riot Gun (though I do buy it), the prior handguns and the cheapo rifle.

Mine Launcher with scope = brilliant.
I don't even buy the Riot Gun... I figure that I can survive with the regular Shotgun until the Striker comes on sale.... I also don't buy the Broken Butterfly, I just find it in the castle.

The mine thrower is very handy when it comes to fighting the Garradors (blind guys).

Victor Von Doom
Yeah, I don't buy the BB either; it seems pointless. You get twice the capacity though if you buy it and then find the gun too (though it's not worth it).

I like the Riot Gun for the interval until you get the Striker, because the first shotgun is a bit shit.

You can't beat the Mine Launcher for taking out a group of distant enemies, or the monks that carry shields.

§P0oONY
Yeah, I don't buy the BB either; it seems pointless. You get twice the capacity though if you buy it and then find the gun too (though it's not worth it).

I like the Riot Gun for the interval until you get the Striker, because the first shotgun is a bit shit.

You can't beat the Mine Launcher for taking out a group of distant enemies, or the monks that carry shields.
I like hitting the shield guys with grenades... I never really use the grenades for anything else though... Maybe a flash or too when I see a lot of parasites showing.

Smasandian
I had no problems with the first shotgun, or the riot gun, I thought of saving money for more exclusives, which it did.

I made the mistake of upgrading my pistol.

I like the BB, makes quick work of bosses. That's the only time I use it.

§P0oONY
I upgrade my pistol, the Red 9, why wouldn't I? It's the gun I use the most. Buying the Riot Gun is just a a waste of money, shotgun ammo isn't rare so the worst that can happen is you use a little more with the regular shotgun, not only that the riot gun is only good for the castle and then the Striker comes on sale.... I can live that long without a shotgun that inflicts a tiny bit more damage.

Smasandian
I meant the original handgun. I upgraded that, then sold it for the Red 9. In theory, I should of just used the regular handgun and waited until the Red 9 came out, which is I think half way through the village portion.

§P0oONY
Oh right, fair enough, I just use the regular handgun, shoot 15 targets, get the free upgraded punisher, then sell them for the Red 9.

JToTheP
I might pick this up next week when I go to get Alien Syndrome! big grin

Victor Von Doom

Smasandian
I bought the Blacktail when I first played it on the GC.

Read an faq sheet about guns and then I realized that the Red 9 is far superior handgun than the Blacktail. That exclusive is killer.

I bought the stock with it. I guess you dont really need it with the Wii version because of the superior controls to aim but I figure its important for the GC version.

I assuming people buy the Blacktail because its the last gun that you can unlock. I guess people think that's its a better weapon than the Red 9 just for that fact.

§P0oONY
The Blacktail's got a much quicker firing rate.... But how quickly do you really need to fire a gun?

I buy the stock, I'm not sure why, I've never not bought it so I'm not sure of the difference.

Victor Von Doom
The Red9 stock makes a big difference. If you take it off, you'll see a lot of shaking when trying to aim. I agree, the Blacktail seems better when it appears because of the overall stats. The Red9's reload/firing rate are fine once upgraded, though.

The stock for the Mine Launcher though is brilliant.

Smasandian
You dont really need to quickly fire the Red9 because it takes guys down in 2-3 shots instead of 6-7 shots.

The only problem I had with the Red9 was that I mistakenly fired off the guys heads, which in turn let loose with Plaga's. It was kinda of annoying. Ah well.

pr1983
The Red9 stock makes a big difference. If you take it off, you'll see a lot of shaking when trying to aim. I agree, the Blacktail seems better when it appears because of the overall stats. The Red9's reload/firing rate are fine once upgraded, though.

the only handgun i use is the blacktail... i don't use the red 9, and barely ever use the broken butterfly...

though its more to do with the fact that i'm obsessive about having modern looking weapons... embarrasment

that and the scope make that gun so good... the best part for me as after its fired, watching the group stumble towards you oblivious to whats about to happen...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by pr1983

that and the scope make that gun so good... the best part for me as after its fired, watching the group stumble towards you oblivious to whats about to happen...

I said stock...I meant scope.

Yeah, the Mine Launcher is excellent. I love using it, but it's a specialised gun.

Skeets
Damn now I remember how hard it was doing Mercenary with Hunk.
Though with Krauser and Wesker it's pretty easy...

JToTheP
Damn now I remember how hard it was doing Mercenary with Hunk.
Though with Krauser and Wesker it's pretty easy...

Leon is the hardest, have fun in Underworld, but it wasn't so bad after you did it on GC, and doing it on Ps2 is when it's the second time.

Victor Von Doom
Leon is the hardest, have fun in Underworld, but it wasn't so bad after you did it on GC, and doing it on Ps2 is when it's the second time.

Yeah. Hunk on the castle level is unstoppable. Village too.

InnerRise
Yeah. It's a fair bit more effective though, as it has a much better range, and spread. You could go without it, obviously.

The Red9 is the shit. I swear I was the only one that used to use it; everyone seemed to prefer the Blacktail. Do people buy the stock with it? Yes, for every gun I own, I bought the accessory.

JToTheP
Yeah. Hunk on the castle level is unstoppable. Village too.

Well, just make sure you keep Incendiary grenades for the claw dudes, or Hunk is finished.

Victor Von Doom
Well, just make sure you keep Incendiary grenades for the claw dudes, or Hunk is finished.

You can avoid meeting them.

JToTheP
You can avoid meeting them.

Really? I didn't know that, they always come when I got around 10K points.

Victor Von Doom
Really? I didn't know that, they always come when I got around 10K points.

It's all in the timing.

Actually, I think you need to induce the first guy, then just leave him over one side while you go to the other.

It's a while since I did it, but I got about 120 or so consecutives with Hunk on that level.

Skeets
I just got the 5 stars on that level,with Hunk of course....

The Wolverine Wannabe went down pretty fast.One grenade and a few shots is all it took.

I could of gotten more points but I didn't feel like risking it.Going into the room to fight the second wannabe....

InnerRise
You all are talking about the Mercenaries Extra Feature right? I haven't completed the game yet so I haven't played it. Is it all that fun to play?

grey fox
You all are talking about the Mercenaries Extra Feature right? I haven't completed the game yet so I haven't played it. Is it all that fun to play?

Can be , to me it's extremly frustrating....

grey fox
W00T Just unlocked HUNK !!!

It's neck snapping time evil face

InnerRise
Last night I played the part where Leon is in the White Hall of Lasers on either side and he does all of those stunts and then walks into the next room and fights Krauser.

IT WAS ALL BRILLIANT!!!!!

yes

I hope it keeps up this more action packed pace.

P.S. What was the deal with the chair that Leon could sit in right before the laser area but nothing happened? Is there some code or something that can be done by sitting in the chair like increased health or anything. I didn't really pay attention and only tried it once.

grey fox
Last night I played the part where Leon is in the White Hall of Lasers on either side and he does all of those stunts and then walks into the next room and fights Krauser.

IT WAS ALL BRILLIANT!!!!!

yes

I hope it keeps up this more action packed pace.

P.S. What was the deal with the chair that Leon could sit in right before the laser area but nothing happened? Is there some code or something that can be done by sitting in the chair like increased health or anything. I didn't really pay attention and only tried it once.

I believe it's just a 'funny' scene.

JToTheP
I believe it's just a 'funny' scene.

Yes, basically, hense why the Action button is just '?' it's just something to do for fun.

Smasandian
It also in a funny way, shows you one of the treasures.

I didnt get the map for the island due to high cost of it. I got on the chair, and then I see the treasure. Could that be the case?

InnerRise

I didnt get the map for the island due to high cost of it. I got on the chair, and then I see the treasure. Could that be the case? Yeah, for me as well. I didn't notice it until I sat down and got back up. But I purchased the map and that treasure wasn't on the map anyway.

grey fox
PC RE4 >>>>>>>>>>> Wii Re4

Why ?

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2276/previewyi9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Viper_Snake/katanashot.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Viper_Snake/BloodyYellowChainsaw.png

JToTheP
That costume looks like total crap, and everybody knows PC games get little codes like that to change what things LOOK like. I really doubt the chainsaw does ANYTHING, and that Katana couldn't look any worse. Leon also looks ridiculous in that costume, whatever it is.

JToTheP

I didnt get the map for the island due to high cost of it. I got on the chair, and then I see the treasure. Could that be the case?

Oh, you mean the jewel above the door right?

Victor Von Doom
Always buy the maps, unless you definitely know where everything is.

ragesRemorse
This seems completely silly to me. Resident evil 4 debuted on the gamecube. Thus, all nintendo fans that wanted to play the game already have. The game was then released on ps2 so all sony fans that may have boughten a wi have played the game aswell. To me, nintendo releasing RE4 for the wi would be like sony releasing god of war on the ps3...POINTLESS

§P0oONY
Always buy the maps, unless you definitely know where everything is.
Maps are a waste of money, it's not hard to remember where everything is, worth having them on your 1st play through.

Victor Von Doom

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>