DG's Tournament Round 2: TricksterPriest vs Blair Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
Blair Wind vs TricksterPriest

Blair Wind
1.(Mind) Tony Stark
2.(Body) Sebastian Shaw
3.(Powers) The Spot

vs

TricksterPriest
1.(Mind) Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)*
2.(Body) Bastion
3.(Powers) Vision

Location- Cube of Variation

A 2x2x2 mile cube, made out of something indestructible. The cube is partitioned into 4 equal cubes of 1 square mile each. Each 1-mile cube has a different characteristic to it. One is completely filled with water. One is an airless vacuum of space. One is normal atmosphere, but has electricity coursing through it at an alarming rate. Another is covered in clouds, making visibility difficult, but is normal atmosphere otherwise.

Gravity is relative to which side of the cube you are closest to, but is present. The smaller cubes have no formal barrier lines, but do not intersect with each other. Nothing can leave its cube...the electricity, even if harnessed somehow, must stay in that quadrant and will revert to nothingness if you attempt to move it out of its quadrant. Same with the other quadrants.

Judges:
1) CassanoVa
2) DarkCrawler
3) Symmetric Chaos
4) Badabing

Badabing
Trickster's write up.

Badabing
Blair's write up.

Badabing
Blair and Trick are both on yet they ingore the tourny thread. dursideup

Scoobless
It seems some people think that posting first leaves you at a disadvantage.

They would be wrong of course, if you can't manage to get your points across in your first 5-6 posts then you're pretty screwed regardless of who gets the last couple of posts in.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Badabing
Blair and Trick are both on yet they ingore the tourny thread. dursideup

I'm working on it. durfist

Post #1/8.

Blair's phase counter

I'm calling bullshit on this. The ghost example is extremis and the other example is a device that was made as part of a security system.

And 2nd, I doubt the proximity grid was standard equipment. Which means specialized armor. Which was banned under tournament rules. Finally, the technology to put the proximity grid into a suit of armor, even assuming it wasn't a custom suit and a standard function, is post extremis tech, which he should not have access to.

I want a judge ruling on this. Goober himself said that custom suits of armor were banned, which meant no stealth, hydro, or phase proof in this case, is allowed.

If anti-phase tech was standard and automatic, why did Vision nail him with a phase strike in CW 7?
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/CW%207/Civil_War_007_013.jpg

Answer: It's not a standard part of even his extremis armor.

Let's see. Human consciousness, in a cyborg body. Gee, that sounds like sound won't hurt as much. Assuming the scarab armor can't counter it of course. And even if it does KO Jamie, the scarab armor's AI can take autonomous control to protect his life.

Jamie was being telepathically scanned and the armor sensed hostile intent. It countered the TP without jamie telling it to.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/bluebeetle02p061tp.jpg

Uh huh. You think fooling a dumbshit like Hyde is comparable to fooling someone with technology better than your own?

Look, Blue Beetle found Brother Eye. According to Booster Gold, Batman never found it in the normal timeline. Batman's tech is at least as good as yours, if not better. And Jamie was the only one who could see it. Bats has his own tech, and some kryptonian and new gods stuff. And even Batman could not find Brother Eye. And you think a few holograms will fool my scanners?

Booster confirming what I just said.
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/sf014.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38328

Got you now. BFR is banned. Which means, you not only can't teleport, you can't teleport me. stick out tongue If you teleport me via your spots, I have to pass through the spot realm before I re-enter the arena. Which means you can't teleport me. Or yourself for that matter.

Even if you could, I can affect dimensions and use Vibrational frequency manipulation (VFM) on myself.

Finding Brother Eye and using VFM to force it back into the real world.
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/sf014.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38355

Cloaking and then using VFM on myself to escape Brother Eye's crash and GLs.
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/sf014.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38379

I can do that to you and keep you stuck in the arena and from using your spots.

You know, you actually just helped me out there. I started thinking about your guy's abilities. And guess what I figured out.

Sebastian Shaw's powers require him to be directly struck by energy, punches, etc. So I punched you in the head, even through your armor, you would absorb the kinetic energy from my punch. But energy damage doesn't work like that. Meaning, in order for Shaw's powers to activate, your armor has to fail. Because your armor is a buffer between you and the blast. Meaning, it has to go through your armor before Shaw's powers will absorb it.

Here's a few examples of Shaw's powers at work.
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17745
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17746
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17775
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/uncxmen1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=19731

2nd, give me a break. You're using the Surfer example? haermm That is some of the worst PIS Surfer has ever lost to. It's almost as bad as the armbar. And you really think Thor isn't capable of overloading Stark with one of his thunderbolts? roll eyes (sarcastic) Another PIS example.

And my durability with Vision's powers is nothing to sneeze at.

Here he is fighting Nefarius.
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6199/avengersunplugged01p156tx.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1057/avengersunplugged01p165rl.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8013/avengersunplugged01p220nl.jpg

In conclusion. You are not nearly as invincible as you would have led us to believe. Your spot powers are nerfed, and what's left can be countered with my VFM. Your absorbtion powers are a joke. And those extra armors? They're not covered under the BFR rules, so kiss them goodbye thanks to my VFM powers.

So basically, you're desperately playing keep-away. Because you know that I can kill you in one shot to the heart with my phase powers. You underestimated the beetle, and the rest of my amalgam. Whereas half your amalgam is not nearly as powerful as you think it is.

Your move, your 'highness'. And Shit Lord ? laughing That was a cheap shot and you know it. wink You're just jealous my name is better than yours, 'Hellfire King'. stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

I'm calling bullshit on this. The ghost example is extremis and the other example is a device that was made as part of a security system.

What the f**k? That scan with Ghost was from the 1990's. Waaaay before Extremis. The second set of scans was just to show that he knows Visions weakness, and its his phase frequency. I have the means to shut you down if you even try phase through me. Complain all you want, but its in on panel evidence.

The proximity grid is standard equipment he just has to activate it. He can vary it for different purposes (ie. electrocuting anyone who touches the armor, defense against phasers, that type of stuff). And he has had that WAAAAAAAY before Extremis. Dude extremis is fairly recent. I have TONS of things from before extremis. Just because its cool and high tech does not mean extremis. So please stop naming every armor he has as Extremis. It makes me want to spoon feed you his comics.

No, they were not banned, he simply said they would not be his standard armor that he starts prep off with. Good thing I can go to my garage roll eyes (sarcastic)

Besides that "phase" proof armor is just regular armor. Tony is always tweaking his standard armor to be able to beat his rouge gallery.

Thats an unprepared Tony. Thats like saying why can someone hit the Invisible Woman when she doesnt have a forcefield up no expression

Ummm, I gave like three different ways sound could hurt you. Besides your Bastion is cyborg with some fleshy parts. And if I remember from a PM I asked Darth if the literal brain was from the Mind character and he said yes. So the human mind would go into shutdown. Or I could use tight beam sonics to rattle your innards. Either way is fine with me. Rememeber I have tons of these things the soundwaves would hit you like a physical force. You ever been in a car with a huge sound system? You can literally feel it against your chest. Imagine that times about a billion.

Then what the hell is he doing in this tourney? roll eyes (sarcastic) Seriously speaking Jamie is for all intents and purposes about as dumbshitted as Hyde is when it comes to his powers and experience. He would not even think about holograms. Tony is a veteran fighter and would wipe the floor with him

Yes, he saw something that was inbetween realities because they used the same tech. Jamie would not even consider looking at his scanners to determine if they were holograms. He was told to look for Brother Eye. Your going to lose this match because of Jamie's inexperience plan and simple.

Sigh....Spot can control how his spots work. He can make them spot to spot portals, where you do not have to pass the dimension. Other times when he feels like it, he can make you go into the dimension. Easy as pie

I dont think BB even knows how to use that himself. Besides the fact that it means shit to the spots. Seriously. It would not have any effect on the spots (doorways) or anything of the sort.

Jamie cannot consciously do any of that. He would not know where to begin to fight me. Seriously he is just an average kid with no idea on how to use his powers.

Your not smart enough to TRY that, and it would be a futile attempt even if you did. Seriously the evidence provided to back up what you claim they will do is not convincing, since he did not actually do what your wanting him to do.

What the f**k? I have spots on my body. I have shaws powers being amped. I have an armor that can absorb energy.....what are you going on about?

On panel is on panel. It shows he can take energy from anyone.

But but.....he's the Invincible Ironman! sad

Your explanation for them makes no sense what so ever.

yea.....Ive shown scans contrary to that statement. Lots and lots of scans.

Uh?
A) You wouldnt know the real from the fake
B) You dont have the capacity to think that large
C) Even if you did, that would probably not even work. Sorry man but your explanation is terribly weak

Summary

He has posted no way of getting anything done. He goes into the water environment he is screwed, he goes into the cloud environment he is screwed, he tries to phase me he is screwed, he goes into the space environment he gets teleported, he is stuck in the electricity cube and gets pummeled by different attacks. I have already posted so many different ways to defeat him, while he has tried to BS his way past BB's inexperience.

So we have again for my plans:

Offense
Sound
Holograms
Anti Phasing Measures
Spot Prison and throwing stuff in there
Hygrogen Bombs

Defense:
Spots
Anti Phasing Measures
Holograms
Invisibility

And if I want to I can bring a new toy into the fray through spot manipulation. I can bring in my reverser ray gun. Wonder how it would work on Bastions cyborg body and BB's exoskeleton suit:
http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reverserrayel9.jpg

All in all dude, your screwed. The Shit Lord doesn't have the mental capacity to duke it out with someone as clever as Tony. Hellfire King reigns supreme cool

DigiMark007
Just for clarification, since I botched the dimensions of the cube (it should be 8 1x1x1 mini-cubes, not 4)...just assume that the other 4 have normal earth atmosphere, and that the "special 4" are scattered around. The gravity rules still apply, and would be considered normal gravitational pull on Earth.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Just for clarification, since I botched the dimensions of the cube (it should be 8 1x1x1 mini-cubes, not 4)...just assume that the other 4 have normal earth atmosphere, and that the "special 4" are scattered around. The gravity rules still apply, and would be considered normal gravitational pull on Earth.

'Unofficial post'

dur you, Digi. Your arena = dur durfist

So what is the 'new' composition of the cube? Which arena is which, and where are the 4 special arenas? Scattered around, or grouped together?

DigiMark007
Nothing new. There's 8 small cubes in the large cube. 4 regular. The other 4 as described above in the first post. And they're scattered....I won't be more specific than that.

stick out tongue

illadelph12
You know, a nice added touch would be that every 5 minutes the cubes alternate features randomly...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by illadelph12
You know, a nice added touch would be that every 5 minutes the cubes alternate features randomly...

So be it!

cool

stick out tongue

...ok, done spamming now.

leonidas
ummm . . . how can the battlefield be altered AFTER the battle has started . . .? confused

didn't bw base some of his prep plans on the INITIAL set-up of the field? much as it really isn't my business (as it isn't my match), that doesn't seem entirely fair, imo. erm

course, if tp and bw have no problem, a fluctuating cube WOULD be kinda cool . . . though how would you tell what conditions the battle was taking place in if it swapped randomly? confused

Blair Wind
Originally posted by leonidas
ummm . . . how can the battlefield be altered AFTER the battle has started . . .? confused

didn't bw base some of his prep plans on the INITIAL set-up of the field? much as it really isn't my business (as it isn't my match), that doesn't seem entirely fair, imo. erm

course, if tp and bw have no problem, a fluctuating cube WOULD be kinda cool . . . though how would you tell what conditions the battle was taking place in if it swapped randomly? confused

Unofficial Post:

Thank you Leo. And I do have a problem with a new battlefield setup when we already committed to our match. erm

illadelph12
Just disregard it. I was only joking anyway (and hopefully Digi didn't take me seriously).

DigiMark007
Originally posted by illadelph12
Just disregard it. I was only joking anyway (and hopefully Digi didn't take me seriously).

Yeah, look at the exchange between Trick, myself, and Ill. It was just a joke. Sorry you guys took it so seriously.

The first post was a legitimate attempt to clarify, because the math on the cube was simply wrong...the 4 sections would either need to be bigger, or 4 normal squares would need inserted. But after that, you can ignore it.

leonidas
damn bunch of kidders . . . embarrasment

Badabing
Is this a discussion thread now?

Blight
Quiet you...

So how is everyone's day (I'm so just kidding I'll leave now embarrasment)

leonidas
whistle

TricksterPriest
'Unofficial post'

I've had friends over and been very busy. I promise to post tomorrow. Sorry about this. embarrasment

King Kandy
'Unofficial post'

I've had friends over and been very busy. I promise to post tomorrow. Sorry about this. embarrasment
Dude... The match is over already.

jasonk3

Sure. shifty

stick out tongue

Tyrant
Good job on the match Trick.

You did better than I thought you would.

I mean, that last post form yours, really put the nail in the coffin? I doubt you can lose here... shifty

DarkCrawler
Wait...was that the match? Two posts?

What the f**k?

Badabing
They have until tomorrow.

batdude123
Didn't they start last Thursday? Yeah, they should have all of tomorrow up until midnight to post.

DarkCrawler
Hm, ok then.

illadelph12
7/5-7/12 @ 12a.

Blight
Bounce!

Like yo' asss has da hiccuuuuuups

Bounce

Like we was ridin' in mah pickuuuup

Symmetric Chaos
Should I just give a ruling?

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

yeah sadly this is pretty much over wink

Blair Wind

"unofficial post"

Yes please! Unless you want me to write a summary? He didnt give much for me to post on erm

TricksterPriest
'unofficial post'

I've been trying to get scans and I only now just managed to get some. I'm dragging this out as long as possible.

Tyrant
'unofficial post'

I've been trying to get scans and I only now just managed to get some. I'm dragging this out as long as possible. It took you a whole week to get scans you should have had before the tourney?

Also, you might as well just write "official post" on everything, seeing as it doesn't matter anyway.

DigiMark007
Official post #1:

POO Poo Ka-Fart Trash smurph'n'sex!

That is all.

leonidas
Originally posted by Tyrant
you might as well just write "official post" on everything, seeing as it doesn't matter anyway.

laughing out loud

this was definitely a chance for the tourney noob to steal some glory and live forever.

don't worry tp, those chances at immortality happen all the time. no expression

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Thats an unprepared Tony. Thats like saying why can someone hit the Invisible Woman when she doesnt have a forcefield up no expression

Sigh....Spot can control how his spots work. He can make them spot to spot portals, where you do not have to pass the dimension. Other times when he feels like it, he can make you go into the dimension. Easy as pie

I dont think BB even knows how to use that himself. Besides the fact that it means shit to the spots. Seriously. It would not have any effect on the spots (doorways) or anything of the sort.

On panel is on panel. It shows he can take energy from anyone.

But but.....he's the Invincible Ironman! sad

So we have again for my plans:

Offense
Sound
Holograms
Anti Phasing Measures
Spot Prison and throwing stuff in there
Hygrogen Bombs

Defense:
Spots
Anti Phasing Measures
Holograms
Invisibility

And if I want to I can bring a new toy into the fray through spot manipulation. I can bring in my reverser ray gun. Wonder how it would work on Bastions cyborg body and BB's exoskeleton suit:

All in all dude, your screwed. The Shit Lord doesn't have the mental capacity to duke it out with someone as clever as Tony. Hellfire King reigns supreme cool

You have the tech to shut down Vision, you don't have the tech to shut down BB using Vision's powers. And what's stopping me from changing my phase frequency?

It is NOT standard technology. It is a custom armor. 2nd, what makes you think you'll see me coming?

None of these guys saw the Vision coming, or were able to react with their powers.

Vision owning villains in the Vault.
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3531/avengersdeathtrapthevault297kj.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/971/avengersdeathtrapthevault547ff.jpg

I'm still waiting on a ruling for that and your spot powers. I challenge you to prove that your 'phase-proof' armor is standard. Show me when he used it when he wasn't expecting to get phased beforehand. IE: prep time to set it up.

Already addressed.

This has already been ruled on, and the physical brain is cybernetic, even if the consciousness is human.

And my durability is far beyond what you realized.

This is badass. With a little assistance from Giant Man, Vision defeats a Graviton who was powered up and could now control all the fundamental forces of the universe:
http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc71&image=66353_gravvi1.jpg
http://img44.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc12&image=66358_gravvi2.jpg

this also illustrates one other advantage I have been keeping secret. I have 2 healing factors. The standard healing factor from Bastion's cybernetic body, and the Vision's cybernetic healing factor. Now, because I am in a cyborg body, I still get access to his cyber healing factor, because it is technically one of the vision's powers

I have a battle AI that knows the full capabilities of the armor and can take control to protect Jamie's life.

Again, the armor will compensate for anything Jamie can't do. 2nd, you have no evidence to disprove it.

Total PIS and all the judges and people reading this know it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What's the problem? I use VFM to bring you back to this dimension and keep you there. Brother Eye couldn't hide itself because Jamie was keeping it on this plane of reality.

Yours is worse. My scanners are at least on par with yours and if you think that a hologram can't be distinquished from the real thing by someone with technology on par with the GLs, AND with the enhanced cybernetic senses of Bastion, then you are tripping.

Your 'hydrogen bombs' are comic book physics, and apparently real physics or at least believable ones, need to be taken into account. You haven't proved that you can keep me in the trap if I use VFM to get out.

And the armor alone is extremely durable and more than capable of withstanding some electricity. And btw? Shaw has been overloaded by electricity before.

Here's proof of my armor's capabilities and AI advising and taking control.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/bluebeetle_Page_1.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/bluebeetle_Page_2.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/bluebeetle_Page_3.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/bluebeetle_Page_4.jpg

I can phase past your bombs anyway.

Phases through a pirate spaceship's energy blasts, through its hull, and solidifies in its reactor, destroying the ship:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/visionintangibilityfeat.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/visionshipbusting.jpg

Wrong again. They are not the same tech. The Reach are unknown to earth tech. The Reach use this technology to hide their bases. Batman designed Brother Eye himself, and he didn't even know about Blue Beetle. He was told to look for it, but he could see it by himself. And in his solo series, he realizes that he is the only one who can see the Reach's hidden military bases. Bases that even the GLC and other heroes are not aware of.

So in conclusion, he's still playing keep away and trying to keep me from getting close. In a prolonged fight, my healing factors will keep me going. Your human body will give out eventually. And Shaw will overload from too much absorbtion. And shooting at you will break your armor. you can't absorb my shots through your armor unless they punch holes in it.

and once your armor goes down, so goes your phase protection.

Then it's heart attack time.

And stop calling me 'Shit Lord'. durfist I'm not done yet, Leo. wink

leonidas
clap

TricksterPriest
clap

'unofficial post'
thankyou And this arena STILL = dur

And why hasn't Goober or the other judges posted rulings on the questions I asked? confused

CasanoVa
Because you keep making unofficial posts.

Badabing
'unofficial post'
thankyou And this arena STILL = dur

And why hasn't Goober or the other judges posted rulings on the questions I asked? confused We're taking our time..... shifty

Blair Wind
You have the tech to shut down Vision, you don't have the tech to shut down BB using Vision's powers. And what's stopping me from changing my phase frequency?

Vision uses a specific phase frequency, how could you possibly change it? Even if for some ridiculous reason you COULD, again I must say BB would not THINK about doing that.

It very much IS standard tech. He rigged his NORMAL armor to protect against all future phasers as the attack had left him down the first time it had been done. Lets also realize that in the 10 minutes of PREP, knowing that Vision was an enemy, I prepared against that fact.

Knowing that you are my enemy I can just activate the field. No matter if I see you coming or not the field is activated. You would have NO knowledge about this fact and would probably try to phase me and die erm

What the f**k? Its standard accept it. In one comic he met Ghost (a long time enemy) then rigged his normal armor against his attack. Besides your forgetting I DO have prep to do this in erm

So yet again, I have gotten this cleared by Goob, I can take any old armors from my vault that I want. And your complaining that non standard armors are not valid is not going to change the fact that Im using normal armors anyways! Even though during prep I could take a few non standard armors if I wanted to.

Yes well it seems when he phased through the tank that didnt happen (and Tony blatantly states he has counter measures against him)
http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter1en9.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter2bj6.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter3vc2.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter4yo6.jpg
http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter5ft9.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter6fk7.jpg

It would seem Tony can inflict terrible amounts of damage through his phase frequency.

I have read a decent amount of BB. Most of the time, its him and his armor talking about different ways to handle the situation. Jamie doesnt know how to fight a mans fight, period.

The problem is Im not leaving this dimension, so I have no idea what your talking about. See spots work in various ways. I CAN make them take you to another dimension, or it can just take you from one place to another in the same dimension. Neat trick right?

Its not the scanners, but the mind working the armor that I am arguing against. You simply would not think about that fact.

They are real physics. You take a volt, put it through water it separates the molecules leaving hydrogen gas pockets by themselves. You blow up said hydrogen gas pockets and kaboom. Its not a nuke type bomb, but it can get the job done.

You havent proved how that would even work out. Your still in the same dimension so your VFM magic trick would not work at all.

Yea, but that plus sharded acid, pulse bolts, repulsar blasts and the like? All that combined is going to hurt you, and you cant stay phased forever. Hell if you DO stay phased I could send one of my armors through to affect you with their anti phasing capabilities wink

Sure, its just in case you are not phased. But remember the more phased you are, the higher chances you die thanks to one of my real Ironmen.

I have more than one way of taking you down. I have spots to protect me from almost anything you can dish, and my armor can absorb any energy you throw at me. Period. He has taken magical, mystical, alien, and earthly energy and absorbed them all. Plus with spots I can redirect them all.

Spots erm

As you wish Shit King smile

Let us again look at the facts:

We know that my armor can take on phasers
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phasersqb4.jpg

He himself says he rigged his own armor. He also shown to do this with other people such as in the Vision scans.

His VFM makes no sense in any way shape or form, as it would imply something was outside of the dimension we are operating in.

My use of the battlefield is much more impressive and strategic compared to his simple strategy of phase phase phase. Showing that I have a strategy against that, he took a week to respond stick out tongue

My spot prison can and WILL hold him. From there he has no way what so ever of escaping considering that teleportation is NOT a part of his powerset.

He also neglected to mention how this little gun might effect his cybernetic parts (his body AND armor):

So again the HellFire King will be winning this battle. I have more options, a more solid plan, and tactics that will actually work. All your strengths were converted into weaknesses thanks to my cunning. Simple ploys that work are what win the day wink

Blight
ChickaCACK

TricksterPriest
Post #4.

Basically, I'm out of scans due to circumstances beyond my control. But, I feel I made the best case I could. So, it's all up to the judges.

Good match Blair. smile May the best man win. And stop calling me anything related to shit. stick out tongue

leonidas
come one judges. the suspense is killing me. no expression

Badabing
come one judges. the suspense is killing me. no expression I'm waiting to hear back from Darth. If I don't hear from him then I'll vote by tomorrow.

Blair Wind
Well good luck Trick smile

Hellfire King ftw!
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3508/thehellfirekingsl1.png
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4761/blairwindsh5rs9.jpg

lfWPDzvWNds

Why? Because this card says I have a nine in comic knowledge!

SHAZAM!!/

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9197/blairwindbioyc7.jpg

TricksterPriest
Good luck to you too.

Kheprion, the Solar Shit Kicker ftw.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8366/kheperionbb2.jpg

s6CPXL32LyI
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/The_Olympian/Profile%20Cards/TricksterpriestCard.jpg

AND I SHOULD HAVE A 9 IN TENACITY! stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
Those cards are awesome.

<_<

Scoobless
I think I want one of them as well.

smile

CasanoVa
I'll have my judgey-ness up within about 2 hours, I'll read over the posts again in a minute.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CasanoVa
I'll have my judgey-ness up within about 2 hours, I'll read over the posts again in a minute.

Race ya.

And it really shouldn't take 2 hours no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Judge Vote

Trickter: You lacked of evidence that you are able to bypass the HFK's defenses against phasing, that Jaime's VFM powers would work on spot's powers (as they don't slip between dimensions), you failed to provide a method of attack that didn't use phasing or that couldn't be countered by the HFK's energy absorbtion powers.

Blair: The mind character doesn't determine the thoughts just the knowledge and tech (even if it did the AI can explain help him), your holograms would be seen though by the scanners and as such hardly useful, you failed to provide an effective manner of attack that did not rely upon Trickster erring

After looking at all the evidence provided although neither provided a manner of offense that would have any lasting effect on the other Blair's defense was sufficient to defeat Trickster and his containment plan would be allow him to attack continuously without fear of reprisal allowing him to eventually harm Kephiron.

My vote is to Blair. Good match thumb up

CasanoVa
Race ya.

And it really shouldn't take 2 hours no expression

I'm not spending 2 hours reading the posts, I'm just pretty busy, so I read them, went and did some work and thought about it, and then came to give my jugement.

Judge Vote

Trickerster had alot of very good ideas that might have worked, but I didn't think he posted adequate evidence that they would necessarily work. You were very inventive and definetly thought outside of the box for your tactics, you could have supported them a bit better (lack of scans, which you explained earlier).

Neither side's offense was extremely convincing, it must be said, but Blair had IMO much better defenses which I think won him the fight. His great defense means that, even though his attack wasn't wonderful, he'd be able to take all that Trick could throw at him and eventually put him down.

Blair.

Good match.

DarkCrawler
This was a bit "meh" match.

First of all, I was bit iffy with Trickster's vibrational manipulation thing, I don't think he really proved that it could work in the same way against Spot, and the situation between O.M.A.C and this match wasn't similar. Though he had lot of different, well-thought tactics, he didn't convince me that they would work on Blair's character.

Blair, on the other hand, did not have very convincing offense, but his defense was certainly enough, and he convinced me that the phase-proof thing would work. I did not see Trickster's character having much chance of harming him, with spots and all.

I'm voting for Blair.

Badabing
I guess my vote is meaningless. durfist Good match guys. I thought both Blair and Trick used great imagination. Congratulations Blair.

Scoobless
I guess this is over then, shame, TP had a pretty decent character and could have done a lot better with a few tweaks to his plans.

Not that he could have beaten Bigfoot of course, but he could have made it to the semis or even gone as far as second place.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Scoobless
I guess this is over then, shame, TP had a pretty decent character and could have done a lot better with a few tweaks to his plans.

Not that he could have beaten Bigfoot of course, but he could have made it to the semis or even gone as far as second place.

I was facing Blair ****ing Wind, give me a break. stick out tongue I would have beat your ass. durfist stick out tongue

Hey, at least I made him work for it. wink

And............. once again, this arena = dur laughing

Scoobless
I was facing Blair ****ing Wind, give me a break. stick out tongue I would have beat your ass. durfist stick out tongue

Hey, at least I made him work for it. wink

And............. once again, this arena = dur laughing

I agree about the arenas, we made characters who, pretty much all, fight and live on earth and we're being put into, frankly, ridiculous battlegrounds which in some cases may actually give one character a huge advantage over the other.

For the next round I suggest the tourney goes back to battlefields that actually exist somewhere on earth.

wink

PS. Kraprion had no chance against Bigfoot.

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
I agree about the arenas, we made characters who, pretty much all, fight and live on earth and we're being put into, frankly, ridiculous battlegrounds which in some cases may actually give one character a huge advantage over the other.

For the next round I suggest the tourney goes back to battlefields that actually exist somewhere on earth.

wink

Hey, goob wanted exciting battlefields and I delivered....so hate the locations, not the, um, locator?

Anyway, I kinda agree about the earth battlefields. But if I ever host another tourney, expect dimensional-shifting random matter generators for battlefields.

wink

Symmetric Chaos
Hey, goob wanted exciting battlefields and I delivered....so hate the locations, not the, um, locator?

Anyway, I kinda agree about the earth battlefields. But if I ever host another tourney, expect dimensional-shifting random matter generators for battlefields.

wink

Why not just make battlefields that explicitly effect each person? stick out tongue

Newjak

wink We should get together I have some great ideas for battlefields. stick out tongue

leonidas
stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Newjak
We should get together I have some great ideas for battlefields. stick out tongue

I remember Evangel PMd me the Marvel listing of alternate dimensions when I was hosting my first tourney. You guys were lucky it was a Street-ish tourney...because that was a f-ed up list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.