Has anyone else noticed....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
That in more current comics, they act as if Doomsday did NOT kill Superman? Was that unwritten as of the Infinite Crisis? I've seen it mentioned multipled times now, most recently in the new Countdown back-up. It mentions that Superman ALMOST died fighting Doomsday.

I know in the buildup and the Crisis, they were calling it the "moment that should not have happened", so has it possibly now, not happened at all?

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
That in more current comics, they act as if Doomsday did NOT kill Superman? Was that unwritten as of the Infinite Crisis? I've seen it mentioned multipled times now, most recently in the new Countdown back-up. It mentions that Superman ALMOST died fighting Doomsday.

I know in the buildup and the Crisis, they were calling it the "moment that should not have happened", so has it possibly now, not happened at all? I've noticed this as well.

It was very clear in the recent Countdown issue:
http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1213094/dd1.jpg

The only culprit I can think of which may have altered these past events, is Alex Luthor .

srug

Validus
You could have always taken the stance that Superman didn't die in that fight.

starlock
That question accured to me when in the superman tie in (i think) to IC superman E2 defeated doomsday(not sure if they both beat him..in IC they both beat him for sure).in the tie in superman did not die in the DOS dooomsday fight...so i am interested also in your question

willRules
Originally posted by Validus

I agree yes

Scoobless

Well ..... he didn't.

no expression

Galan007
You could have always taken the stance that Superman didn't die in that fight. *cough*this is the day.... that a Superman died*cough*

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_Death_of_Superman_TPB-167-168-169.jpg

stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well ..... he didn't.

no expression
Exactly. no expression

Blight
Originally posted by Galan007
*cough*this is the day.... that a Superman died*cough*

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_Death_of_Superman_TPB-167-168-169.jpg

stick out tongue That was just A superman shifty

Galan007
Originally posted by Blight
That was just A superman shifty pfft

That was THE Superman. stick out tongue

willRules
Nope it was a Skrull stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by willRules
Nope it was a Skrull stick out tongue

durfist Damn skrulls, they're infiltrating DC now. Heh, they'll get the hell off the earth once the Sin corp attacks new york, or Darkseid shows up. evil face

On a serious note, is this a good thing? I guess the new canon of the DCU is that Superman's death has been retconned. I think this was a mistake. Messing with Jason Todd and bringing him back was alright, Wondy founding the JLA was good......, but this? They basically retconned one of Superman's greatest stories.

I think DC has ****ed up on this one. thumb down

Superherovandal
but then again in the story it was implied that he didn't actually die but was in a coma like state that emulated it. and that if he'd just not been buried he would have revived in about a week.

Blair Wind
or maybe they meant he didnt permanently die. He almost died....forever. erm

starlock
Originally posted by Superherovandal
but then again in the story it was implied that he didn't actually die but was in a coma like state that emulated it. and that if he'd just not been buried he would have revived in about a week.

Not totally sure but the eradicator had said that if he did not get kal into the machine(the one he used to save kal and syphon his energies from) he would still be dead,and that it was just a fluke he saved him,that it could not be duplicated again?

grey fox
I'm not sure but I think they meant it in the context that he never really died to begin with.

starlock
Originally posted by grey fox
I'm not sure but I think they meant it in the context that he never really died to begin with.

Its been a long time since i read the DOS and the following arch hehe,if i get a chance i will look over the arch and see whats up,anybody have the info handy?

grey fox
Originally posted by starlock
Its been a long time since i read the DOS and the following arch hehe,if i get a chance i will look over the arch and see whats up,anybody have the info handy?

What I mean is although it appeared that he was 'beaten to death' he was still within the realm of 'revival'. Kinda like a guy who has had a heart-attack and someone uses defibrillators.

It gets kinda confusing what with Alien technology and so on to explain what is 'Resurrection' and whats 'Healing'.

I tend to think that if the Tech/power can bring a person whom has been dead for over 100 years back to life it's Resurrection , whereas if the body is still reasonably fresh (not too decomposed) it's healing.

starlock
What I mean is although it appeared that he was 'beaten to death' he was still within the realm of 'revival'. Kinda like a guy who has had a heart-attack and someone uses defibrillators.

It gets kinda confusing what with Alien technology and so on to explain what is 'Resurrection' and whats 'Healing'.

I tend to think that if the Tech/power can bring a person whom has been dead for over 100 years back to life it's Resurrection , whereas if the body is still reasonably fresh (not too decomposed) it's healing.

I see what you mean,it might even fit what i remember......superman dies(coma),eradicator uses his tech to start the catalyst of supermans body to absorb solar energy,then there was a comic where pa kent has a heart attack,pa and clark meet eachother in a astral like place and give eachother hope to carry on(somthing like that) and superman returns to his body and so on in the reighn of superman..i dont believe pa or clark actually went into the light..might lend credit to your view.hmmmmm

NoFate007

That's how I look at it, too. It isn't "Doomsday never killed Superman", its "Doomsday never killed Superman for good, thusly making him officially dead where it counts more". Lol. You up the levels of a normal human to fit the standards of Clark and you can say that his time frame between flatlining and the defibrillator is longer, so its the same concept. Nice way of putting it, Fox.

Scoobless
Originally posted by starlock

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4380/53427900ga3.th.jpg http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4118/58150065ct0.th.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5292/19817737km4.th.jpg http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/5831/46482710un7.th.jpg

First scan, the Eradicator claims Superman's "essence" (soul?) was still within his body ... also he notes that Superman's body could still gather, adapt and store solar energy, not an ability of any dead organism or plant.

Third scan, Eradicator says Superman was totally dead.

Fourth scan, "the recuperative process" ... to me the use of a word like recuperate means that the person involved was not dead, though may have been seriously injured.

Conclusion: The Eradicator doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about and should stick to making things die rather than bringing them back to life.

Juntai
lmao.

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
That's how I look at it, too. It isn't "Doomsday never killed Superman", its "Doomsday never killed Superman for good, thusly making him officially dead where it counts more". Lol. You up the levels of a normal human to fit the standards of Clark and you can say that his time frame between flatlining and the defibrillator is longer, so its the same concept. Nice way of putting it, Fox.

Thanks cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.