Superboy Prime vs Silver Sufer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
The two dudes are at full power, with an entire star system as there battleground. Surfer is possibly the most powerful herald (next to morg)so it would be interesting to see how he would fair agaisnt the most powerful iteration of supes to date. A fight to the death with no one holding back, who wins?

grey fox
Surfer 9/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
SBP 10/10 Surfer would have a hard time with Regular Superman. No way he's beating a precrisis kryptonian with a bad attitude and no problem killing people.

grey fox
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
SBP 10/10 Surfer would have a hard time with Regular Superman. No way he's beating a precrisis kryptonian with a bad attitude and no problem killing people.

laughing

TricksterPriest
Umm, Grey Fox? I think Surfer's screwed here. no I wouldn't say 10/10, but it took 2 kryptonians blasting him through Rao, half the GLC, and god knows what else to stop him last time.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Umm, Grey Fox? I think Surfer's screwed here. no I wouldn't say 10/10, but it took 2 kryptonians blasting him through Rao, half the GLC, and god knows what else to stop him last time.

Meh.

I stand with 60-70% of the forum.

Pc to turn his armour to Cardboard and a swift blast of Red Sun radiation ftw.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by grey fox
Meh.

I stand with 60-70% of the forum.

Pc to turn his armour to Cardboard and a swift blast of Red Sun radiation ftw.

Um no. He doesn't need the armor. He only needed the armor after he was in the speed for without sunlight for YEARS. and he was still powerful. The sun suit only amped him a lil. And he still pwned. Before that, he was towing planets around so fast not even the cosmics knew they had moved. Surfer is done before he raises one hand.

grey fox
Um no. He doesn't need the armor. He only needed the armor after he was in the speed for without sunlight for YEARS. and he was still powerful. The sun suit only amped him a lil. And he still pwned. Before that, he was towing planets around so fast not even the cosmics knew they had moved. Surfer is done before he raises one hand.

laughing No.

He's still using the armour now, also who say's he moved the planets fast ? I'd like scannage please to prove he moved them quickly .

Secondly SBP isn't hot-shit. So he killed a bunch of B-listers and some Rookie Lanterns. Whoop-de-doo, that happens EVERY crossover.

Priest
Hal at the top of his game can take SuperBoy Emo for slight majority.
Surfer can as well.

King Kandy
When SBP first appeared, he was the equal of Superman. Pre-Crisis Superman.

Surfer doesn't compare.

Priest
Originally posted by King Kandy
When SBP first appeared, he was the equal of Superman. Pre-Crisis Superman.

Surfer doesn't compare.
SuperBoy Prime is not Equal to the REAL Pre Crisis Superman imo..maybe equal to the water down version of the PC supes we saw in IC.
Anyways the fact of the matter is that red sun radiation brought superboy down imo..any A list energy manipulator has a chance against SBP.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Priest
SuperBoy Prime is not Equal to the REAL Pre Crisis Superman imo..maybe equal to the water down version of the PC supes we saw in IC.
Anyways the fact of the matter is that red sun radiation brought superboy down imo..any A list energy manipulator has a chance against SBP.

Any A-list energy manipulator who can go toe to toe with two Supermen.

Priest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Any A-list energy manipulator who can go toe to toe with two Supermen.
Both E 1 and 2 Superman was weakened by K-nite and still managed to beat SPB who immune to Knite..
not that impressive on Prime's part imo.

Validus
E2 Superman wasn't weakened. He was just old.

Priest
Originally posted by Validus
E2 Superman wasn't weakened. He was just old.
Ur rite, i was just browsing through #7 again..
Still E2 was still watered down to begin with.

Superboy Prime
By the way SBP managed to break Hal Jordan's arm.

Red Sun radiation alone will not give Surfer the auto-win. In his first appearances Red Sun radiation did not slow him down. It took smashing him through the core of a red sun to drain his powers. Surfer will have to output a lot of red sun radiation to drain SBP before SBP impales/decapitates him.

E2 Superman died because he was a 60-something dude fighitng a punk. E1 Superman managed to beat him because at the time it was an adult vs a punk. True Kal-El was weakened by Kryptonite, but we do know kryptonite no longer works like it usually does. Besides...it took 2 f'ing S shields to put him down.

Surfer's chances against PC E2 Supes & E1 Supes are not that high either.

Validus
I dunno about that. E2 Superman completely owned Doomsday.

This just basically depends on how you think Superman would do against Surfer and then, how powerful you think SBP is in comparison to Superman (i.e. if Superman is a 100, then what is SBP).

rico777
SBP for the win

Mider999
the guy was immune to magic, kryptonite and alot of other stuff, he was also smashing through dimensional walls and survived the speed fource whats surfer gonna do to him exactly.

Skeets

This just basically depends on how you think Superman would do against Surfer and then, how powerful you think SBP is in comparison to Superman (i.e. if Superman is a 100, then what is SBP).
Superman is more like a 97....31

Priest

Meh E2 had better shots than E1, but they pretty mch owned DD together...DD isent that impressive anyways, he dident even kill Superman shifty
Also E1 holding back, was able to hold his own against a pissed off E2 Superman, which makes me to belive that E1 maybe just as powerful as E2 in IC.

hard question to answer, especially if Red Sun radiation and Knite radiation was involved in the fight between Prime and Superman.
but E1 Superman weakened by Knite, and red sun was able to take down Prime weakend by just redsun.

Validus
Originally posted by Mider999
the guy was immune to magic, kryptonite and alot of other stuff, he was also smashing through dimensional walls and survived the speed fource whats surfer gonna do to him exactly.
I don't think saying that BA's punches tickled proves he's immune to magic. That's the same stuff Sentry fanboys (all 2 of them) tried to say when he overcame Dr. Strange's telepathy.

Priest
beat Prime up with a Red sun Flash light.

Priest
I don't think saying that BA's punches tickled proves he's immune to magic. That's the same stuff Sentry fanboys (all 2 of them) tried to say when he overcame Dr. Strange's telepathy.
thumb up Prime also was amped when he was fighting BA.

Validus
hard question to answer, especially if Red Sun radiation and Knite radiation was involved in the fight between Prime and Superman.
but E1 Superman weakened by Knite, and red sun was able to take down Prime weakend by just redsun.
It seemed to me the only reason they were able to drag him through the sun was because he wasn't really paying attention to his surrounding. He was trash talking them, turned his head and saw Rao. By that time it was too late.

If look at feats like punching through the phantom zone, then SBP is probably around 3-4x more powerful than your average, everyday version of Superman.

Mider999
come on people red sun and knite arent automatically suppose to take his powers away if thats so why didnt lex luthor and others already beat him especially when luthor had that giant ship it takes a long time for him to die by KNITE

Validus
come on people red sun and knite arent automatically suppose to take his powers away if thats so why didnt lex luthor and others already beat him especially when luthor had that giant ship it takes a long time for him to die by KNITE
Lex didn't use it because Lex doesn't have any K-nite from the Earth Prime universe. That's why SBP and E2 Superman weren't affected by the K-nite in IC #7 while our Superman was.

Priest
It seemed to me the only reason they were able to drag him through the sun was because he wasn't really paying attention to his surrounding. He was trash talking them, turned his head and saw Rao. By that time it was too late.
True..Prime was pretty much laughing at their faces from their blitz, they caught a lucky break.

If look at feats like punching through the phantom zone, then SBP is probably around 3-4x more powerful than your average, everyday version of Superman.
I can agree with that..
but it seems like Red Sun radiation weakness would affect SBP more than not in comparison to Superman.

lionking
surfer would turn in to the k nite that hurts sbp. from his own universe

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by lionking
surfer would turn in to the k nite that hurts sbp. from his own universe

leftright So Surfer is going to make K-nite with the exact dimensional frequencies of a destroyed universe that was retconned out of existence? Bullshit..............

and even assuming he could, Prime is gonna blitz him and rip his head off before he gets the chance.

Priest
and even assuming he could, Prime is gonna blitz him and rip his head off before he gets the chance.
Prime is not Blitzing Surfer.

TricksterPriest
Just checked something. Prime DOES NOT weaken under red sunlight. He just doesn't get a charge from it. Taking him under a red sun for enough time will drain his powers, but then again, he's got the anti monitor suit.

He may not be able to speedbltiz Surfer, but Surfer isn't going to be able to run away. And nobody here will dare to claim Surfer has a prayer in hell if SBP gets close enough to start punching him.

Validus
Just checked something. Prime DOES NOT weaken under red sunlight. He just doesn't get a charge from it. Taking him under a red sun for enough time will drain his powers, but then again, he's got the anti monitor suit.
I lol'd. stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
I lol'd. stick out tongue
It drains his powers, because he needs CONSTANT yellow sunlight absorbtion to maintain them. stick out tongue

Hence, the need for the armor. And why, when the Sinestro corp turned the sun eater yellow, he was able to break out of a 50 GL empowered cell. big grin

Priest
How do u figure that Red Sun dosent weaken him?
Also why did SBP looked scared shitless when they were aproching the red sun?
And if the Red Sun dident take away Prime's powers how the heck E1 Superman weakened by both Red Sun, and Knite was able to take the emo out?
He may not be able to speedbltiz Surfer, but Surfer isn't going to be able to run away. And nobody here will dare to claim Surfer has a prayer in hell if SBP gets close enough to start punching him.
no body is arguing that surfer can beat SBP with his knuckles.

His Airness
The cry baby wins....

Superboy Prime
Gotta love getting ignored.

Validus
*insert recognition here*

CasanoVa
laughing out loud

SBP speed-blitzing Silver Surfer.

SBP wins, Surfer manages to take a reasonably comfortable majority against normal Supes (7/10-ish), against SBP I think he'd be able to do enough damange to take him down, SBP 8/10.

Priest
*insert recognition here*
laughing out loud
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Gotta love getting ignored.
Do u know which book is that from?. Anyways Hal Jordan is no wear near close Surfer's durability and strength imo... The GL's in IC also completely jobbed out to Prime..Fighting to the best of their ablity Hal could take Super Boy.

It wont be just a walk in the part for Surfer, but Red Sun has proven to weaken Superboy..U mentioned that the Supermen had to drag prime into the core of th Sun to weaken him, but think how long did they take to fly though the sun, maybe less than a tenth of a second probably considering how fast they where flying though space.
Surfer wont need to intensify Red Sun radiation as much as u think to weaken prime..even if he has too, it shoulden't be a problem.

Superboy Prime
I mentioned the Hal Jordan thing because someone started saying "SBP beat a bunch of GL nobodies!" when in fact he killed a bunch of nobodies and beat the GL musketeers.

quanchi112
superboy prime i think is to much for the surfer on average.

Validus
It was pretty convenient the most powerful GL was nowhere to found until the last pages of IC.

*shakes fist*

nvrbeenwthagirl
I mentioned the Hal Jordan thing because someone started saying "SBP beat a bunch of GL nobodies!" when in fact he killed a bunch of nobodies and beat the GL musketeers.

This is true. He beat the best of the best and pwned everyone on earth. The only reason he was beaten by the other two superman is becuz they tricked him into the red sun. They knew they couldn't do it on thier own. And If he's at full power, before he went into the Speed Force zone, he's gonna turn surfer into a can of paint.

TricksterPriest
It drains his powers, because he needs CONSTANT YELLOW SUNLIGHT absorbtion to maintain them. stick out tongue

Hence, the need for the armor. And why, when the Sinestro corp turned the sun eater yellow, he was able to break out of a 50 GL empowered cell. big grin

K-nite won't take him out, and Surfer will need to destroy the armor, cut him off from yellow sunlight or create a red sun, and then get him. SBP won't give him the time.

Priest
It was pretty convenient the most powerful GL was nowhere to found until the last pages of IC.

*shakes fist*
Its ok sad

jrodslam
Hal Jordan is no wear near close Surfer's durability and strength imo...

Hal is nowhere close to Surfers durability? What would make you tihnk that?confused

And what strength feats does Surfer have that make you say Hal isnt close in strength? When using the ring, its the will power that give you enhanced stats. Like Hal punching Supes, Borg, Manhunters and not breaking his hands.

jrodslam
no body is arguing that surfer can beat SBP with his knuckles.

I'll be your huckleberry. No way does Surfer beat Prime with his knuckles. No way.

quanchi112
to me surfer beats hal at least 7 out of ten times.

Superboy Prime
...Surfer beating SBP with his fists...he can't even beat Hulk with them fists.

Lord Prime
SBP FTW

Juntai
Superboy.

Nikkolas
Where does it say SBP broke Hal's arm?

Also, didn't SBP re-arrange the universe physically?

Superboy Prime
Planet Moving

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6929/page000160pu.th.jpg http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/6941/page000176ah.th.jpg

Hal busted
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/s3.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jrodslam
And what strength feats does Surfer have that make you say Hal isnt close in strength? When using the ring, its the will power that give you enhanced stats. Like Hal punching Supes, Borg, Manhunters and not breaking his hands.

A partially depowered Surfer did quite well against Hulk in PlanetHulk. He even knocked him a good distance with one haymaker.

Not breaking your hand is a durability issue not a strength one.

Mider999
surfer can be hurt by physical force as shown as when he got beat to death by thanos or almost to death why hulk hasnt hurt him is beyond me since they claim he's there strongest character in marvel.

the Knite wont automatically effect SBP but then again surfer dont even know what kinda kryptonite to use as for durability punching through dimensional walls is pretty durable dont you think and serviving the speed force another durability feet.

carver9
Planet Moving

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6929/page000160pu.th.jpg http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/6941/page000176ah.th.jpg

Hal busted
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/s3.jpg

The sad thing is that gladiator moves and destroys planet on a regular basis but does that mean he can beat surfer. ]

But this is a good battle and I havent came up with an answer yet. Superboy was just to powerful but Im looking at the fact that regular superboy and wonder girl was giving him a run for his money.

He didnt really do anything to be considered that powerful besides taking down some b listers. Wolverine has fought numerous of heros and villians at one time but does that make him more powerful than venom.

If superboy would have taken on 2 supermans at one time without the interference of the red sun and won then that would have been a good feat but everything else is out the window because hyperion fighting the titans might could have done the same thing. Hyperion does have enough strength to explode some none durable characters head.

The best feat that he did was come out of the speed force.

Mider999
has gladiator ever broken through a dimensional wall or servived the source of all speed

Validus
Originally posted by carver9
The sad thing is that gladiator moves and destroys planet on a regular basis but does that mean he can beat surfer. ]
Regular basis = one time, off panel, 20 years ago?

Superboy Prime
The Supermen were smart enough not to fight Superboy Prime by themselves.

Grinning Goku
Surfer could suck Superboy-Prime dry.

Surfer >>>>> Superboy Prime>>Current Superman.

johnv89
How fast are silver surfer and superboy prime?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Grinning Goku

Surfer >>>>> Superboy Prime>>Current Superman. im afraid i disagree. while silver surfer could beat supes ass all day. i dont think he could beat superboy prime. hes to damn much. with that armor on to. that armor puts him above surfer. hed just pour it on.

Grinning Goku
Energy absorption and manipulation ftw. I don't care how powerful Superboy-Prime was/is, Norrin is just too much for him.

Superboy Prime
Energy absorption and manipulation ftw. I don't care how powerful Superboy-Prime was/is, Norrin is just too much for him.

Do you realize stating you don't care how powerful a character is because you think Norrin is too much for said character makes your standing a bit fanboyish?

Grinning Goku
Well, I'm not the one with Silver Surfer or Superboy Prime for my username. All I'm saying is that even thought Superboy Prime was wicked powerful, his powers were still based on solar energy collection. It's just a matter of Norrin sucking him dry (or destroying his armor and then sucking him dry or whatever).

Superboy Prime
Well, I'm not the one with Silver Surfer or Superboy Prime for my username. All I'm saying is that even thought Superboy Prime was wicked powerful, his powers were still based on solar energy collection. It's just a matter of Norrin sucking him dry (or destroying his armor and then sucking him dry or whatever).

My name is irrelevant. I am not ignoring Surfer's powers/abilities the way you stated you ignored SBP's.

Grinning Goku
My name is irrelevant. I am not ignoring Surfer's powers/abilities the way you stated you ignored SBP's.

I'm not ignoring SBP's power (nor will I ignore the fact that he killed a bunch of B and C list heroes). Anyway, Superboy Prime was basically Superman times 5 or so. His power was incredible, he was immune to Kryptonite, but up against a cosmic being that can manipulate and absorb nearly all manner of energy, he loses.

Superboy Prime
I'm not ignoring SBP's power (nor will I ignore the fact that he killed a bunch of B and C list heroes). Anyway, Superboy Prime was basically Superman times 5 or so. His power was incredible, he was immune to Kryptonite, but up against a cosmic being that can manipulate and absorb nearly all manner of energy, he loses.

Fair enough.

IMO the question is if Surfer will be able to completely drain Superboy Prime before he is physically abused. Specially after taking into consideration the couple of levels he is above current Superman. Not to mention SBP does have the AM suit constantly feeding him yellow sun radiation. Surfer would have to transmute SBP's suit and then drain him for the win, right? All SBP has to do is punch him for a KO win.

Grinning Goku
Oh, don't get me wrong. If Surfer doesn't act quickly, SBP could wreck him up pretty good.

Superboy Prime
Agreed.

carver9
Regular basis = one time, off panel, 20 years ago?

On panel, not 20 years ago and could do it again since his power is based off of confidence and whatever he puts his mind to he can do it. He has done the feat numerous of times.

Juntai
On panel, not 20 years ago and could do it again since his power is based off of confidence and whatever he puts his mind to he can do it. He has done the feat numerous of times. Prove it.
And give issues, so we know you're not talking about the 80s.

carver9
has gladiator ever broken through a dimensional wall or servived the source of all speed

Has gladiator ever had the opportunity to break through dimensional wall. Has superboy prime busted a planet open with his bare hands. Not saying that he cant but he has never done the feat. Has superboy ever been hit by a blast that was stated that could destroy a universe and fly right out of it like it was nothing. Has superboy ever been hit by a blast that was so powerful that it created another star. Nope but gladiator has. But we all know that superboy prime could be more powerful than gladiator.

carver9
Originally posted by Juntai
Prove it.
And give issues, so we know you're not talking about the 80s.

I have proven it to many times but you all throw it out the window like it means sh**.

Validus
I have proven it to many times but you all throw it out the window like it means sh**.
We throw it out the window because you've never proven it.

Tyrant
I have proven it to many times but you all throw it out the window like it means sh**. The only proof I've ever seen you put, is the bio of Juggernaut...

TricksterPriest
Has gladiator ever had the opportunity to break through dimensional wall. Has superboy prime busted a planet open with his bare hands. Not saying that he cant but he has never done the feat. Has superboy ever been hit by a blast that was stated that could destroy a universe and fly right out of it like it was nothing. Has superboy ever been hit by a blast that was so powerful that it created another star. Nope but gladiator has. But we all know that superboy prime could be more powerful than gladiator.

There's no way in hell Gladiator would ever beat SBP in a straight fight. He can't even beat regular Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tyrant
There's no way in hell Gladiator would ever beat SBP in a straight fight. He can't even beat regular Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic) He can't even beat himself, and he barely beat off Colossus.
shifty

carver9
There's no way in hell Gladiator would ever beat SBP in a straight fight. He can't even beat regular Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I never said that he can beat superboy prime in a fight. I know for a fact that he would get his a** raped by superboy. Read my post again. I brought all of those things up because someone asked me has gladiator ever broke through a dimensional wall when he never had the opportunity to prove that he can or cant and i brought up things that gladiator has done that superboy havent (but we all know that he can do it) to show that since gladiator did it does that mean that superboy cant do it.

By the way, (this argument has been going on for decades) I think that glads can get a majority over superman. Just my opinion. Since he does have all of superman abilities but he is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better fighter that could be faster and stronger than superman. The only way that i see superman getting wins on glads is due to him being smarter than gladiator.

Again superman fans, its just my opinion.

Not trying to start a argument.

carver9
Originally posted by Tyrant
He can't even beat himself, and he barely beat off Colossus.
shifty

To bad superman barely beat off kalibak. Had a hard time with batman in a suit that was powered by a city. Superman had a had time with equus. I can go on for days. Solomon grundy.

Tyrant
By the way, (this argument has been going on for decades) I think that glads can get a majority over superman. Just my opinion. Since he does have all of superman abilities but he is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better fighter that could be faster and stronger than superman. The only way that i see superman getting wins on glads is due to him being smarter than gladiator.

Again superman fans, its just my opinion.

Not trying to start a argument. Ya, and Hyperion is also on Superman's range.

Superboy Prime
To bad superman barely beat off kalibak. Had a hard time with batman in a suit that was powered by a city. Superman had a had time with equus. I can go on for days. Solomon grundy.

It really isn't wise to start this sort of war with Superman.

carver9
Ya, and Hyperion is also on Superman's range.

Naah, I dont think hyperion is but i do think that if they faught he would give superman a run for his money since he does move at light speed, have immeasurable strength. He is also invulnerable, xray vision, heat vision, etc....

It would be a good fight and i do think that he could pull some wins since he was stated as being immortal but superman would get a good majority.

Mider999
everyone knows superman never fights at full power the best incarnation they say is red son superman who probably fought at full power no holds barred.

Tyrant
To bad superman barely beat off kalibak. Had a hard time with batman in a suit that was powered by a city. Superman had a had time with equus. I can go on for days. Solomon grundy. Kalibak? You mean the guy that is above Colossus?
Who Superman has stomped on a couple occasions?

Coughzerz*Gambit Thor Jahf, etc*Cough

Go on for days, I don't care.
I mean, you ignore most of Superman's feats anyway, so it would be a waste to even try to respond to you.

carver9
It really isn't wise to start this sort of war with Superman.

I know, I try to avoid it, thats why i apologize when i speak about him because he has so many fans and its hard to argue with them. There minds are already made up.

Tyrant
Naah, I dont think hyperion is but i do think that if they faught he would give superman a run for his money since he does move at light speed, have immeasurable strength. He is also invulnerable, xray vision, heat vision, etc....

It would be a good fight and i do think that he could pull some wins since he was stated as being immortal but superman would get a good majority. And James Bond doesn't get the girl, but that would be a lye as well.

carver9
Kalibak? You mean the guy that is above Colossus?
Who Superman has stomped on a couple occasions?

Coughzerz*Gambit Thor Jahf, etc*Cough

Go on for days, I don't care.
I mean, you ignore most of Superman's feats anyway, so it would be a waste to even try to respond to you.

I dont ignore anything you all are just hard as hell to talk to when it comes to superman. He is one of my favorite characters, just like thor but i dont think that they could beat everyone.

If the world was turned, superman would be the power of my choice but the only reason superman does the things he does and win the battles that he wins is due to the fact that he is superman and he is a icon.

If i was a superman writer i would have him win all of his battles also because he is the idea hero and the greatest and bravest hero ever. But due to his power set he should win close to the battles that he does and theres a lot of heros and villians on the forums that he shouldnt even pose a threat to.

Again just my opinion, dont take it serious.

Tyrant
I dont ignore anything you all are just hard as hell to talk to when it comes to superman. He is one of my favorite characters, just like thor but i dont think that they could beat everyone.

If the world was turned, superman would be the power of my choice but the only reason superman does the things he does and win the battles that he wins is due to the fact that he is superman and he is a icon.

If i was a superman writer i would have him win all of his battles also because he is the idea hero and the greatest and bravest hero ever. But due to his power set he should win close to the battles that he does and theres a lot of heros and villians on the forums that he shouldnt even pose a threat to.

Again just my opinion, dont take it serious. No, I just don't believe how everyone in your opinion can give Superman a decent fight.
Like for instance, bringing up Glads snapping Hyperion's neck, in reference to what will happen to Supes...

The rest is just... well... I'd say bullshit, but that doesn't even begin to explain it.

carver9
And James Bond doesn't get the girl, but that would be a lye as well.

laughing

Good one.

What more do you want me to say. I said that superman would get the majority but hyperion is a warrior that is also superior to superman in fighting techniques. Thats the only reason that he would get some wins over superman besides the fact that his powers isnt based off of the yellow sun and his durability never fades unlike superman. If superman goes through a long and intense battle, there a possibility that his bio forcefield could start to diminish. Hyperion dont have that ability. His bio field is permanent.

carver9
No, I just don't believe how everyone in your opinion can give Superman a decent fight.
Like for instance, bringing up Glads snapping Hyperion's neck, in reference to what will happen to Supes...

The rest is just... well... I'd say bullshit, but that doesn't even begin to explain it.

Anyone could make a good pole with superman in it and there 100's of heros and villians that could beat superman.

By the way, to your comment about glads snapping hyperion and superman neck.

Well wonderwoman did break superman ribs when holding back. General zod did break superman jaw with one punch. Captain marvel did break superman arm. Doomsday broke his arms, ribs, etc....

If superman gives glads the opportunity, i dont think that it would be any different.

Again just my opinion.

Mider999
sentry did break terrax arm

carver9
Just because you claim that you are indestructible dont mean that you truly are. The only being that i think that has true invulnerability is classic juggernaut.

Every being has been broken up, someone just need enough strength to do it. I dont think that spiderman could break hulks neck but put someone like superman or wonderwoman against that neck, hulk would be f****.

I have seen superman have black eyes, get cut across the chest and face, bled from the mouth on a regular basis, ribs broke, arms broke, da** i think that he even got his neck broke (need to find that comic, i know that i have it.), cut across the face, knock the hell out by doomsday that was taken over by brainiac by simply getting his head crushed in the side of a mountain. Lobo gave him a bruised up face again breaking some of his ribs.

Gladiator has the ability to break superman neck. Only a superman fan would say different.

Mider999
classic jugs is UBER invunrable but he has been hurt by the group known as the templars or examplars one had the power to get into his head even through the helmet, another one could actually peirc his skin so on and so on

Avalonofthewind

Considering SBP's powers stem from teenage sexual frustration... that might be Surfers best way to beat him.

Surfer >>>>> Superboy Prime>>Current Superman.

Sexual Frustration>>>>>>>Power Cosmic.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Considering SBP's powers stem from teenage sexual frustration... that might be Surfers best way to beat him.

Using the PC to turn into a woman and have sex with him?

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
Surfer 9/10

crylaugh

batdude123
Again just my opinion.

And you wonder why people think your opinions are shit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
And you wonder why people think your opinions are shit. why insult the guy. that is in bad taste, just tell him u disagree with him. dont make it so personal.

batdude123
Originally posted by quanchi112
why insult the guy. that is in bad taste, just tell him u disagree with him. dont make it so personal.

The same thing I said to him goes for you too.

carver9
The same thing I said to him goes for you too.

Youre a idiot.

batdude123
Youre a idiot.

Try using proper grammar when insulting one's intelligence.

Space M ummy
crylaugh

Why the laughter? Surfer certainly does have the ability to take out superboy prime.

SBP has some pretty crippling weaknesses that surfer seems almost tailor made to exploit:

Matter Manipulation to eliminate the armor, Power Drain to drain the yellow solar energy out of him, Bombard with red solar to further weaken and damage him.

Surfer is also insanely fast- he's been shown to go hundreds of times the speed of light when he needs to- a speedblitz by SBP is almost out of the question- and incredibly durable..it's going to take more than a few hits to take him out.

did anyone else note that surfer is substantially more experienced than SBP is? Surfer fights gods and cosmic threats on a regular basis.

I'd give surfer the majority here. he's just more versatile with no real exploitable weaknesses.

Avalonofthewind
Youre a idiot.

You don't have to be perfect, but at least have some sort of grammar and sentence structure when you're attempting to insult someone.

Originally posted by Space M ummy
Why the laughter? Surfer certainly does have the ability to take out superboy prime.

SBP has some pretty crippling weaknesses that surfer seems almost tailor made to exploit:

Matter Manipulation to eliminate the armor, Power Drain to drain the yellow solar energy out of him, Bombard with red solar to further weaken and damage him.

Surfer is also insanely fast- he's been shown to go hundreds of times the speed of light when he needs to- a speedblitz by SBP is almost out of the question- and incredibly durable..it's going to take more than a few hits to take him out.

did anyone else note that surfer is substantially more experienced than SBP is? Surfer fights gods and cosmic threats on a regular basis.

I'd give surfer the majority here. he's just more versatile with no real exploitable weaknesses.

It's going to be kind of hard trying to do all this stuff as he's KO'd or dead.
Might as well be shooting arrows, and firing guns at a nuke.

batdude123
Why the laughter?

Because anybody who thinks Surfer beats SBP 9/10 doesn't know what the f*ck they're talking about.

carver9
You don't have to be perfect, but at least have some sort of grammar and sentence structure when you're attempting to insult someone.

Im not writing a essay and im sure as hell not trying to impress you or batdude. If i make any kind of mistakes, if you want to take the time, correct it for me, i dont mind.

By the way, silver surfer aint beating superboy prime 9/10. Thats impossible. Im struggling to even think of a way that he could win against a being like that.

Space M ummy

and how is he going to be "Ko'ed or dead?" SBP isn't faster than surfer is, and surfer's fought beings as strong or stronger than himself before.

jesus man, he's not just going to sit there and get hit.

9/10 might be silly, but a well written surfer can take the majority over SBP. 6/10 or 7/10 is a definite possibility.

Avalonofthewind
and how is he going to be "Ko'ed or dead?" SBP isn't faster than surfer is, and surfer's fought beings as strong or stronger than himself before.

9/10 might be silly, but a well written surfer can take the majority over SBP. 6/10 or 7/10 is a definite possibility.

Neither did the other tons of characters that SBP fought at the same time...the same ones who together would pwn SS.

1 hit is all it would take to KO or kill SS...and red sunlight surely isn't going to affect SBP with any kind of time before that happens.

Avalonofthewind
Im not writing a essay and im sure as hell not trying to impress you or batdude. If i make any kind of mistakes, if you want to take the time, correct it for me, i dont mind.

By the way, silver surfer aint beating superboy prime 9/10. Thats impossible. Im struggling to even think of a way that he could win against a being like that.

Never said you were writing an essay. As a matter of fact, it was just a suggestion.

Symmetric Chaos

In most societies it is considered good etiquette to avoid errors in grammar or spelling whilst attempting to belittle the intellect of others.

TricksterPriest

Considering the people SBP beat down, how he's punched out of the phantom zone, ret-con punch, how he busted out of the speed force while imprisoned under red sunlight, smashed a 300 meter thick wall of pure GL-made willpower, how he blitzed flash, got to Oa at insane speed...............

Surfer is not getting a majority on SBP. Good god man, A PRE-CRISIS KRYPTONIAN LOSING 9/10 TO A MERE HERALD?! What the f**k?

Space M ummy
Neither did the other tons of characters that SBP fought at the same time...the same ones who together would pwn SS.

1 hit is all it would take to KO or kill SS...and red sunlight surely isn't going to affect SBP with any kind of time before that happens.

Surfer is substantially faster than the other "tons of characters" SBP fought at the same time. He's clearly faster than all of the lanterns, as well as standard superman, AND the flashes, as he can exceed lightspeed hundreds of times over without going into the speed force.

I take issue with the assumption that "one shot" would be enough to do in the surfer. he's not made of tissue paper. Surfer can also turn himself intangible, shrink to microscopic sizes and wreck SBP from the inside...Think bigger.

Surfer can actively drain power from his opponents, he doesn't have to rely solely on the red solar to do it.

irrelevant

punching a time/space barrier he didn't make himself isnt really relevant. without that barrier (that he couldn't break, btw) he's unable to retcon anything. admit it- the "retcon punch" was just a convenient way for DC to explain away things in continuity that didn't make any sense. let's all let it go and move on.

he needed the antimonitor's armor to do this, and matter manipulation can turn that to marshmallows in nanoseconds.

made primarily by rookie lanterns. outside of Hal, Kyle, Kilowog, Mogo and a few others, the willpower of standard lanterns isn't much to write home about.

he might have speed, but it's not enough to overtake the surfer. surfer is faster, guaranteed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
One Good shot of a retcon punch will have Surfer sucking wind as Norrin Rad the Zenlanian again. And then he's dead.

The Problem
Considering the people SBP beat down, how he's punched out of the phantom zone, ret-con punch, how he busted out of the speed force while imprisoned under red sunlight, smashed a 300 meter thick wall of pure GL-made willpower, how he blitzed flash, got to Oa at insane speed...............

Surfer is not getting a majority on SBP. Good god man, A PRE-CRISIS KRYPTONIAN LOSING 9/10 TO A MERE HERALD?! What the f**k?

The majority of Kryptonians would lose to the Destroyer, whom at one point was a "mere" Herald.

Space M ummy
One Good shot of a retcon punch will have Surfer sucking wind as Norrin Rad the Zenlanian again. And then he's dead.

because of COURSE superboy prime can create time/dimensional barriers (he can't) and the effects of pounding on said barrier he didn't create in DC carries over to 616 (it didn't, and doesn't)

the retcon punch is totally irrelevant. If we're going to use abilities to the fullest though, Surfer travels back in time to when SBP was a baby, and steps on him, sparing us all a terrible crossover.

hell yes. that thing was a beast. turning it into a herald makes it pretty much unstoppable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
because of COURSE superboy prime can create time/dimensional barriers (he can't) and the effects of pounding on said barrier he didn't create in DC carries over to 616 (it didn't, and doesn't)

the retcon punch is totally irrelevant. If we're going to use abilities to the fullest though, Surfer travels back in time to when SBP was a baby, and steps on him, sparing us all a terrible crossover.

hell yes. that thing was a beast. turning it into a herald makes it pretty much unstoppable.
I hate to burst your bubble kid. SBP was retcon punching the titans WITHOUT any barriers or aids. Your whole arugment is therefore defunt. next time read the tie ins to the big cross overs.

Galan007
Both E 1 and 2 Superman was weakened by K-nite and still managed to beat SPB who immune to Knite..
not that impressive on Prime's part imo. Ummm,

Did you take into consideration how weak SBP was as well?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Problem
The majority of Kryptonians would lose to the Destroyer, whom at one point was a "mere" Herald.

Pre-crisis? I think not. A PC kryptonian would probably take the majority over the destroyer.

Space M ummy
Pre-crisis? I think not. A PC kryptonian would probably take the majority over the destroyer.

regular destroyer? probably. Herald of Galactus Destroyer?? probably not. Assuming it has all the standard herald powers in addition to amping the one it already has, it might be tough.

remember PC kryptonians had a pretty serious magical weakness, and the destroyer pretty much is a giant magical weapon, immune to pain and capable of pretty much anything.

The Problem

Then you think wrong. Not only is he a magically enchanted being(PC Kryptonians were extremely weak to magic), but he's unable to be destroyed.

TricksterPriest
Then you think wrong. Not only is he a magically enchanted being(PC Kryptonians were extremely weak to magic), but he's unable to be destroyed.

Tell that to the celestials. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Problem
Tell that to the celestials. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your comparing a Kryptonian to 9 Celestials? sad

TricksterPriest
Your comparing a Kryptonian to 9 Celestials? sad

Of course not. And a single celestial could smash the armor. I was just proving it's not indestructible.

Stop hating on the PC kryptonians, they tear the destroyer a new one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Great Galen
Well you know im really confused over oversomething that i was hoping somone could explain (and excuse me if its off-topic). Well Thor basically wrecks Surfer right, and Supes is considered to be above thor...so how could a entity that is essentially supes at his peak level lose to a being that is beaten by a character whom regular Supes could take anyday of the week. I know the "ABC" logic isnt really a strong enough argument but it just seems to me that SBP wouldnt really have much trouble with Surfer if someone like Thor could beat him.

The Problem
Of course not. And a single celestial could smash the armor. I was just proving it's not indestructible.

Stop hating on the PC kryptonians, they tear the destroyer a new one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whom could also smash a Kryptonian with greater ease.

Hating? Stop being biased fan and debate. If you believe they defeat the Destroyer, then explain. I don't accept they win because they are who they are.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Well you know im really confused over oversomething that i was hoping somone could explain (and excuse me if its off-topic). Well Thor basically wrecks Surfer right, and Supes is considered to be above thor...so how could a entity that is essentially supes at his peak level lose to a being that is beaten by a character whom regular Supes could take anyday of the week. I know the "ABC" logic isnt really a strong enough argument but it just seems to me that SBP wouldnt really have much trouble with Surfer if someone like Thor could beat him.

Thor is capable of beating Surfer, but in a forum match, he'd lose most of the time. Supes and Thor are considered peers. SBP is more like PC Superman than Supes at his current peak.

But you are correct that Surfer is greatly outmatched.

UniOmni
A PC kryptonian would see the destroyer, and break out into hives and cold sweats.

A magical blast or two later, and a koed super moralistic Superman is snoring.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
A PC kryptonian would see the destroyer, and break out into hives and cold sweats.

A magical blast or two later, and a koed super moralistic Superman is snoring.

a PC Kryptonian would sneeze the galaxy away that the armor is in.

Nikkolas
Solar system.

And SBP is not PC Superboy. I like him but he's not at sneezing away solar system levels yet.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Solar system.

And SBP is not PC Superboy. I like him but he's not at sneezing away solar system levels yet.

he seemed that way when he was moving planets around the universe so fast that No one and I mean no one even noticed.

Nikkolas
Planets aren't solar systems. And he exerted physical force. He didn't sneeeze or breathe those planets around.

I just hope he stays uber in his next showing. Though people get weaker when they're on teams.

Mider999
didnt superman already beat thor in the JLA/avengers crossover AND YES ITS CANON the cosmic egg krona is in is used later on in a JLA or JSA issue

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Planets aren't solar systems. And he exerted physical force. He didn't sneeeze or breathe those planets around.

I just hope he stays uber in his next showing. Though people get weaker when they're on teams.

The point is, He showed the same physical strength and speed that a PC kryptonian did. Unless it's explicitly explained that he was powered down, he was still his original PC self.

Priest
The point is, He showed the same physical strength and speed that a PC kryptonian did. Unless it's explicitly explained that he was powered down, he was still his original PC self.
NOt really, PC Kryptonians were litereally towing solor systems worth of planets like it was a walk in the park imo..
Also PC Superman was traveling so fast that he can easily time travel..
PC Kryptonians>>>SBP

Juntai
NOt really, PC Kryptonians were litereally towing solor systems worth of planets like it was a walk in the park imo..
Also PC Superman was traveling so fast that he can easily time travel..
PC Kryptonians>>>SBP But SBP was moving planets around the universe, and did travel through time, didn't he? I believe he was held by the Flashes for years, then came back through time. Unless there's another explanation?

Symmetric Chaos
But SBP was moving planets around the universe, and did travel through time, didn't he? I believe he was held by the Flashes for years, then came back through time. Unless there's another explanation?

They threw him into another dimension. He broke out. No time travel involved.

TricksterPriest
But SBP was moving planets around the universe, and did travel through time, didn't he? I believe he was held by the Flashes for years, then came back through time. Unless there's another explanation?

He got out of the speed force, time traveled back to IC, and punched his way out of the phantom zone. How the hell is he NOT pre-crisis? What the f**k?

Priest
How the hell is he NOT pre-crisis? What the f**k?
He was scared shitless at the sight of Bart.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He was scared shitless at the sight of Bart.

wasn't bart the speed force at that point? hand't he been in the speed force under a red sun for years? I would be too.

Priest
wasn't bart the speed force at that point? hand't he been in the speed force under a red sun for years? I would be too.
I'm not sure, i got to look through the tie ins again, ill let u know...

Superboy Prime

True.

Validus
Yeah, being afraid of Bart isn't even near being a low showing.

Superboy Prime

Correction...SBP blitzed 3 flashes. =-)

TricksterPriest

He's the only flash to ever cubrstomp Zoom.

Superboy Prime

And besides IMO he wasn't afraid of Bart. He was afraid of being dumped in the Speed Force again.

And besides the kid is an emo brat...he is afraid of darkness for ****'s sake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.