Superman Doomsday movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ankur29
the creator view:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKaUbidbeFM&mode=related&search=

trailer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l3keuiWzY-Q

an awesome fan video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdISHHYBqU&mode=related&search=

what do you guys think about this direct to dvd film, i think it will be awesome and it seems bruce timm's art style has incoparated into the animation hence why it will be awesome

NoFate007
I'm disappointed in the voice acting so far. Why didn't they use the regular actors from the DCAU?

Jimmy Buggs
might be cool, are they going to do the whole steel , metalo thing also?

grey fox
Animation isn't too different from DCAU when the directors stated it would be.

Voice Acting = Meh

Super-Mullet = Horrific.

Move ? Phail.

The only interesting thing will be the actual fight , everything else will be a suckfest

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I plan on buying this.

teh_perfection
Does it have the four other Supe guys?

peregrinefalcon
I think it would actually work as a live-action movie. People are thirsty for that kind of live action Superman fight.

Juntai
Originally posted by C. Jack Harness
Does it have the four other Supe guys? Its the Doomsday event not Reign of the Supermen.

C. Jack Harness
Damn hoped it would be it all.

Juntai
Originally posted by C. Jack Harness
Damn hoped it would be it all. It would take a full season to show everything, given Doomsday through then is like a year and a half 2 years long arc.

Bicnarok

Quinlan-Vos

CaptainStoic
So this is basically the same thing that happened in the comics right? What makes DC think that people want to spend money on something that they have already read? It looks like a good rental at best.

dawsey28
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but it looks friggin' awesome to me!!!

batdude123
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
So this is basically the same thing that happened in the comics right? What makes DC think that people want to spend money on something that they have already read? It looks like a good rental at best.
The fact that an animated movie based on these two slugging it out was highly demanded.

DarthLazious
I plan on renting this movie before I buy it.

Estacado
I have read the spoilers and the movie is going to suck......Imo.
http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=006574

Mirai Gohan
I doubt it.

Tron
Just watched it a couple of hours ago. Won't spoil it for anyone, But I was slightly disappointed. Although, the "Hero of Canton" as the Man of Steel almost made up for it.

Estacado
Originally posted by Tron
Just watched it a couple of hours ago. Won't spoil it for anyone, But I was slightly disappointed. Although, the "Hero of Canton" as the Man of Steel almost made up for it.
How is the fight between Superman and Doomsday? Awesome ,good ,bad?

Estacado
Doomsday only appears for about 15 minutes in the movie. no expression

lordboo
Originally posted by Estacado
Doomsday only appears for about 15 minutes in the movie. no expression
your f****ng kidding me?

Estacado
Originally posted by lordboo
your f****ng kidding me?
Also he is a ****ing robot no expression

endrict

Your freaking joking right?

Tron
Also he is a ****ing robot no expression Originally posted by Estacado

He's more biomechanical.

The torrent for it's been out since last week, for those who wanna see it before deciding to buy it.

lordboo
that sucks balls

Avlon
You get Doomsday, and you get Superman...

..but it's a blasphemy for something based on the Death of Superman.

It's like being promised a whopper and getting a white castle instead.

Badabing
I liked the video. It didn't live up to the comic but I enjoyed it as I would any JLU cartoon.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Badabing
I liked the video. It didn't live up to the comic but I enjoyed it as I would any JLU cartoon.
Its been sitting on my pc for a few days now and I have yet found the desire to watch it, and the reviews aint helping. I hear theres No JLA, No Batman, Doomsday's a robot thing and only appears for a short while and that is about 80 min. If all those are true then Ill probably watch it on Cartoon Network or let my kids to tell me about it. I do think that for this being DCs 1st Direct-to-Video movie they shouldve put more effort on it. Ill be watching JLAU in the meantime.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Its been sitting on my pc for a few days now and I have yet found the desire to watch it, and the reviews aint helping. I hear theres No JLA, No Batman, Doomsday's a robot thing and only appears for a short while and that is about 80 min. If all those are true then Ill probably watch it on Cartoon Network or let my kids to tell me about it. I do think that for this being DCs 1st Direct-to-Video movie they shouldve put more effort on it. Ill be watching JLAU in the meantime.

It's not DC's first.

There's been Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Superman: Brainiac Attacks.

Darth Vicious
I got that part from Newsarama. Batman was first released to VHS then transferred to DVD. The Supes one was straight to DVD.

batdude123
I got that part from Newsarama. Batman was first released to VHS then transferred to DVD. The Supes one was straight to DVD.

There's also Superman: Brainiac Attacks which came out last spring.

Apparently, Newsarama needs to get its facts straight.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by batdude123
There's also Superman: Brainiac Attacks which came out last spring.

Apparently, Newsarama needs to get its facts straight.
Why? Is not like they are a site dedicated toa ll things comic books. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Why? Is not like they are a site dedicated toa ll things comic books. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay? And that's an excuse to give out false information?

I wasn't personally attacking you, so you shouldn't have taken it that way.

Darth Vicious
Okay? And that's an excuse to give out false information?

I wasn't personally attacking you, so you shouldn't have taken it that way.
Im not attacking u. Im being sarcastic towards the site. They shouldve known better thatn to post wrong info.

batdude123
Im not attacking u. Im being sarcastic towards the site. They shouldve known better thatn to post wrong info.

doh

My bad. smile

Deathstroke
It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but I thought the fights were pretty good. I would have preferred Daly as the voice of Supes, but Marsters was good as Luthor.

Big Sexy
Batman Mask of the Phantasm was the best DC released cartoon movie. This movie was okay, not the best but far from the worst. Supermans voice needed some work though. Lex was a pretty good voice but I still love the Animated series lex by far.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Juntai
It would take a full season to show everything, given Doomsday through then is like a year and a half 2 years long arc.

thats retarded, you dont know how movies work.

ragesRemorse

batman went to the theaters anyway. I remember seeing phantasm twice in the theater. There are numerous DC direct to video movies though. I beleive other than phantasm their were atleast two batman movies.

batdude123
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
batman went to the theaters anyway. I remember seeing phantasm twice in the theater. There are numerous DC direct to video movies though. I beleive other than phantasm their were atleast two batman movies.

There's the Mr. Freeze one, and there's also the Mystery of the Batwoman one as well.

I forgot about those.

batdude123
thats retarded, you dont know how movies work.

In the amount of time alloted for a regular movie, they wouldn't have been able to make it synchronized well and elaborated on in-depth. It would've seemed forced and confusing.

Big Sexy
There's the Mr. Freeze one, and there's also the Mystery of the Batwoman one as well.

I forgot about those. And dont forget Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

lordboo
any one heard about some animated justice league movies being released.im sure i heard theres a couple coming out around xmas?

batdude123
Originally posted by lordboo
any one heard about some animated justice league movies being released.im sure i heard theres a couple coming out around xmas?

"Justice League: The New Frontier" I believe.

grey fox
"Justice League: The New Frontier" I believe.

T'will be awesome. New Frontier is a GREAT book.

manjaro
i dont know what all the biitcing is about it was freaking awesome!!! DD wasnt a robot, or an android, it's just like the Comic DD who was bioengineered as the ultimate warrior. sure he made a short appearance, but it was all fighting, there was cursing in it ppl wre saying damn and hell and ass, superman's clone was murdering ppl and they showed as much as they could for a cartoon

batdude123
It was good... just not as good as I was expecting.

Kutulu
Why do I seem to be one of the few people that thought this movie was friggin awesome!

I'm not even a big superman fan either. confused

Mirai Gohan
I'm a big Superman fan & I really want to see this movie.

Avlon
Originally posted by Big Sexy
And dont forget Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

This one was pretty good.

superkronick92
Did anyone here see the uncut Return of the Joker, it was pretty great

ragesRemorse
This movie was such a terrible dissapointment. My first problem of the movie is the voice acting. The voice acting isnt bad, but the cast chosen doesnt fit the characters.
I know This movie wasnt meant to be to be anything special, but the animamation was terrible. I have seen spisodes of the superman and justice league cartoons where the animation was better.
The death of Superman was quite anti climatic as well as his return. I know the film was meant for chiclren but it was all to childish for me to swallow. If your going to kill Superman (the worlds greatest hero) you need an epic end to the Hero and a triumphant return.
Finally, my last problem with the movie was Doomsday. Why does Superman always have to be fighting LEx Luthor? Would it have been to much to have Superman fighting doomsday through out the entire movie, rather than concacting a sorry excuse for a story in order to introduce Luthor into the story? Just like the live action movie, we see that in a world without Superman, the world gets on just fine. How hard is it to present how incredibly important Superman is to the world?

And is it just me or did anyone else want to punch lois lane in the face?

Kutulu
This movie was such a terrible dissapointment. My first problem of the movie is the voice acting. The voice acting isnt bad, but the cast chosen doesnt fit the characters.
I know This movie wasnt meant to be to be anything special, but the animamation was terrible. I have seen spisodes of the superman and justice league cartoons where the animation was better.
The death of Superman was quite anti climatic as well as his return. I know the film was meant for chiclren but it was all to childish for me to swallow. If your going to kill Superman (the worlds greatest hero) you need an epic end to the Hero and a triumphant return.
Finally, my last problem with the movie was Doomsday. Why does Superman always have to be fighting LEx Luthor? Would it have been to much to have Superman fighting doomsday through out the entire movie, rather than concacting a sorry excuse for a story in order to introduce Luthor into the story? Just like the live action movie, we see that in a world without Superman, the world gets on just fine. How hard is it to present how incredibly important Superman is to the world?

Bah you're being too harsh. You're like that guy in the theater during Lord of the Rings that yelled "this movie sucks, they didn't do that in the book!" You're spoiling a work of art because they didn't do it exactly like you expected them to.

Sometimes you gotta sit back and enjoy things instead of being hyper critical every moment. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the movie immensely and you hated it, I didn't try to overanalyze every second, I just sat back and enjoyed it for what it was.

manjaro
Bah!!! indeed. if you watch all the bonus footage not pnly will you see that they cast failry well known actors, they also made it a point to depart from continuity...so it doesnt make any sense to compare to the tv shows...

batdude123

yes

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kutulu
Bah you're being too harsh. You're like that guy in the theater during Lord of the Rings that yelled "this movie sucks, they didn't do that in the book!" You're spoiling a work of art because they didn't do it exactly like you expected them to.

Sometimes you gotta sit back and enjoy things instead of being hyper critical every moment. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the movie immensely and you hated it, I didn't try to overanalyze every second, I just sat back and enjoyed it for what it was.

I enjoyed Lord of the Rings immesely. I am more than capable of sitting back and enjoying a movie for what it is, but sometimes a movie is to flawed, it sets you takes you out of the movie and sets you beside yourself.

starlock
Very Dissapointed.......

The art was kinda ok...but superman was a horror show -the lines on his face more than once made me too distracted to even care what was going on, the fight was lame...why not have the scene play out like the comic?...and i mean at least the death blows and what leads up to it, my love for superman made me watch it 3 times before letting it sink in.....this movie was a dissapointment...big time..they should never have hyped it as based on the graphic novel.......even the part of me that understood why they did it,could not overlook the art and story which seemed like a lazy shot at making some money

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by starlock
Very Dissapointed.......

The art was kinda ok...but superman was a horror show -the lines on his face more than once made me too distracted to even care what was going on, the fight was lame...why not have the scene play out like the comic?...and i mean at least the death blows and what leads up to it, my love for superman made me watch it 3 times before letting it sink in.....this movie was a dissapointment...big time..they should never have hyped it as based on the graphic novel.......even the part of me that understood why they did it,could not overlook the art and story which seemed like a lazy shot at making some money

No one could have said it better. Superman...,the worlds greatest hero dies. This is grounds for some incredible potential. However, this was squandered in a trivial uninspired endevour into story telling. The animation was no different than the saturday morning JLA cartoons. I truly believe, the only difference is that they used darker colors in this movie than in the cartoons. I know its just a cartoon, but why not do it right? I too am at a loss in understanding why their were lines on Supermans face. It served no purpose. If it were to make him appear older, it was an incredible lazy attempt. If you are going to make superman look older, why present lex luthor as being younger? Nothing about this movie had consistancy or entertainment of any kind

The Pict
I just watched this last night.

Great animated movie, I'd say about 7/10.

I liked the voice acting in this move, and I liked how it was more grown up (more comic like) than the cartoons.

Also the fight with Doomsday rocked! It's just as shame Doomsday was only in it for a small amount of time.

Edit: Looking forward to the Justice League movie (I just hope they remove those lines from Superman's Face. WTF!?)

endrict
Got a question....when Superman grabbed Doomsday and when into space, why the Hell didn't he threw him into the sun? instead off flying back to earth.

endrict
Originally posted by The Pict
I just watched this last night.

Great animated movie, I'd say about 7/10.

I liked the voice acting in this move, and I liked how it was more grown up (more comic like) than the cartoons.

Also the fight with Doomsday rocked! It's just as shame Doomsday was only in it for a small amount of time.

Edit: Looking forward to the Justice League movie (I just hope they remove those lines from Superman's Face. WTF!?)

Ya, those cheek lines on him sucked...looks like a 2yr did it.

Kurash
yea the cheek lines were bad, but overall the movie was pretty entertaining. I was hoping the doomsday storyline would have been a little longer and superman didnt look like that much of a ***** but it was ok. I still liked it

SpiderGauntlet
3/10

Being incredibly kind.

Firstly the voice actors sounded like crap. Not fitting. Secondly Luthor's head was too long, the half-assed lines on his cheeks were idiotic and it was just meh. The story line was pretty crap. The storyline did not follow the amazing DOS storyline. If this is Supermanbig grinoomsday why the crap does he appear for only like 10 minutes top? WTF! And then there is the whole 1 hour of us focusing on the mofo superman clone.

Only good because there is actually some violence. Like Toyman's death.

alfmartinez
i wanted to see the 4 intent of superman's
instead i saw 1000 superman's...
this just don't make sense

it was nice to see but deffinitely ruined the real saga

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by endrict
Got a question....when Superman grabbed Doomsday and when into space, why the Hell didn't he threw him into the sun? instead off flying back to earth.

because it would have taken him about 40 years to fly to the sun

MattDay
but in comics it takes him mere seconds when he wants too

MattDay
ah i just said it right there.. in the comics... this is the cartoon version

Kazenji
Originally posted by Juntai
Its the Doomsday event not Reign of the Supermen.

did'nt know the 4 other supermen were another plot, I'm going by what i've played of the game how you fight doomsday superman dies and then those other 4 show up.

ankur29
Originally posted by endrict

he didn't think... and doomsday may have broken the grip

MrCampion
It was ok but terribly condensed. And I am not talking about the Reign of the Supermen. There was not enough of Doomsday for my liking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.